PDA

View Full Version : Hi - another new person

Collis
14th January 2009, 01:06 PM
Hi Guys,
Though i should say hello being polite, have just got back into golf again as a second sport after cricket. Sick of being injured from football - at the age of 24 its not to good.
Well im in Tassie, in Hobart. not sure if there are many here from Tassie but im sure we will find out.
Got my handicap down to 17 when i played flat out, but just getting back into it again so very scratchy.
Hear from some of you soon.
Cheers

Grunt
14th January 2009, 01:35 PM
Welcome Collis,

Not sure if there are many active Tassie members but there is at least one trip a year by fellow members to play Barnougle.

sms316
14th January 2009, 01:38 PM
Not sure if there are many active Tassie members
Do a head count...
:mrgreen:

Welcome BTW.

Dotty
14th January 2009, 02:17 PM
Welcome Collis, what courses do you play ?

BrisVegas
14th January 2009, 02:21 PM
welcome collis. braddles is down your way. watch out though, he's a gun golfer.

Collis
14th January 2009, 02:40 PM
Did play at Claremont and New town bay(9 hole course close to town), now back at new town as its pretty cheap - until i decide if i wanna play at a claremont, tasmania or Royal Hobart(the bigger courses down southern Tasmania)

Courty
14th January 2009, 06:12 PM
Welcome Collis!

Scottt
14th January 2009, 08:50 PM
G'day Collis. I was in your neck of the woods last June and walked a few holes at Tassie GC and Royal Hobart. I ducked into Claremont GC for a look after a tour of the Cadbury factory (f**k that sounds dirty :lol:) and it looked alright too.

I was surprised by the standard of the courses down there.

Welcome, anyway.

sms316
15th January 2009, 08:52 AM
I was surprised by the standard of the courses down there.

In what way? The fact that there is only about 4 courses worth playing and the rest are all 9 hole farms?

henno
15th January 2009, 09:00 AM
In what way? The fact that there is only about 4 courses worth playing and the rest are all 9 hole farms?

The whole state is basically a glorified suburb anyway, so 4 respectable courses within a 45 minute radius sounds about right. :mrgreen:

moree golfer
22nd January 2009, 05:02 PM
G'day Collis, sorry to hear about you losing your job. Hopefully there is a ray of sunshine heading your direction and you end up with something better.

BrisWesty
27th January 2009, 07:58 PM
G'day Collis, from an ex-Taswegian. How was the dust storm? Hope the fires are dying down.

Collis
29th January 2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the comment moree golfer, as for the fires think most are out and will be 30 next few days. But nowhere near as bad winds got up to 160km

Ferrins
24th May 2009, 02:16 PM
There are more courses per head in Tassie, but then maybe they didn't factor in that we have two heads. Welcome mate and we should get together for a hit when I get back down. My view on the courses near you are: Royal Hobart is the best maintained but pretty flat and tight. Tasmania is a course for shot making and when the wind picks up a real challenge. Claremont has potential but the layout is just plain wrong. Welcome cobber.

Collis
17th June 2009, 02:31 PM
Hi Ferrins,
I agree with Claremont, if your a right hander and tend to slice most holes off the tee cause problems, Tassie is nice and let me know when you are down and will organise a few games.
May be a slow day, off 25 atm - by the time your down should be 20 hopefully.
Heard something about Tasmania selling shares?, dont know if you know any more about this?