PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Over the hosel putter shaft.

oobsadd2
12th January 2009, 09:05 AM
Does anyone have an over the hosel putter shaft they could send my way? The putter is a Wilson fat shaft with a CI5 stamped on the hosel. I picked it up off Scottt who picked it up off 3oneday who stole it off a smurf. ( yellow iomic grip and about 50 cm long)
It needs an ID of at least 11.5mm or .46" as close as I could measure with the vernier calipers.
Golf Smith have them, but Id see if could get one local first. I mean, if I placed another US order Id have to buy some more heads, grips, shafts etc etc to justify the postage. It ends up costing me heaps. :)

Dotty
12th January 2009, 09:15 AM
I think Scottt may have had the same question.

Left field idea 1. With the thicker diameter hosel, could it be hickory shafted?

Left field idea 2. Could you get a fat shaft out of a $10 Wlson wedge or 5 iron from the odds-and-ends bin at the driving range?

Edit. Ignore LF1, i only just comprehended over-the-hosel in the title.

oobsadd2
12th January 2009, 09:19 AM
I dont know anything about the "fat shaft" caper. Are the irons an over the hosel set up as well?
Time to start Googling

virge666
12th January 2009, 02:09 PM
I can get you a new one for $15... say $8 delivery.

oobsadd2
12th January 2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks Virge, youre on.
Send me the banking details. :)
ps Kick some butt in the pennant trials.

virge666
12th January 2009, 08:30 PM
All good - and cheers.

Where am i sending too ? PM me some delivery details

virge666
13th January 2009, 09:48 AM
Oops no it isn't.

The prices have gone up over XMas... the shaft is $23 + GST and True Temper are not open till Monday week.

Bugger.

Do you still want me to order it ?

oobsadd2
13th January 2009, 09:57 AM
Yes please Virge, Im saving myself $$ by not ordering from the states. I wouldnt mind a few things I dont really need.(just yet anyway)
You did note the size of the hosel didnt you?
I must say the Golf Smith site confused me a bit, they dont specify which diameter they are referring to I.D or O.D of the tip.

virge666
14th January 2009, 09:52 PM
No worries... you will have to wait for True Temper to open - but I will get it ASAP.

I will put the order in tomorrow, apologies for the old pricing.

If you want to spend the cash - look up the newer UST putter shafts. That shoudl keep you online for a while.

:)