PDA

View Full Version : Mint cond. 33" Odyssey White Hot 2-ball blade - $150

davidp
6th December 2004, 09:45 AM
Mint condition Odyssey White Hot 2-ball blade putter. There are some very light brush marks on the sole, and that's just about it. You have to look really hard at the putter at a certain angle to see these though.

No marks on the face, insert, crown. Headcover in perfect nick.

I'm looking to move this quick - thus the bargain price.

Price - $150 + postage to wherever you are. Brisbane locals can pick-up if they want to.

Thanks,

David

Bruce
6th December 2004, 11:11 AM
Are these things the putting panacea they are billed to be?

After yesterday I believe my putting is ****ing attrocious. Leaving everything 1 - 8 ft short. Just terrible.

Is 33" 'normal' for a putter?

I need to lift my putting up a notch or two to be merely 'bad'.

Fishman Dan
6th December 2004, 11:25 AM
Bruce - i'm a big fan of the White Hot putters, although i don't have a 2-ball (as much as i'd dearly love one). I got a White Hot several years ago and love it, i like the feel i get with it. They are still very popular with the pro's.

I think 35" is standard length.

McMw
6th December 2004, 11:29 AM
I think 35" is standard length.

depends on how frigging tall you are, or how short ur arms are...

my putters are all 33inchers....
and Pings are the worst offenders....their 33" are cally (and other OEM's) 34".... :x :x :x :x

amanda
6th December 2004, 11:38 AM
35" is a crazy standard length unless you're 200cm tall (just my opinion) - Brad putts well with a 33" and I'd prefer mine to be 30" (coz I'm super short)

Fishman Dan
6th December 2004, 11:55 AM
Sorry, I stand corrected.... :roll:

amanda
6th December 2004, 11:58 AM
Fishy - no need to be corrected - I believe industry standard length is 34-35" - but it's just stupid that they make putters that long in the first place.

andylo
6th December 2004, 12:01 PM
Fishy - no need to be corrected - I believe industry standard length is 34-35" - but it's just stupid that they make putters that long in the first place.

Just in case some ppl mistaken and tee it up I guess :p

Bruce
6th December 2004, 12:19 PM
I've just spent 20 mins on the synthetic greens at Drummond.

If this were the mallet then I would take it, but the blade didn't quite do it for me.

It was nice for the instore sales/pro guy to give me some tips on why I have been so terrible. I have been hitting almost everything off the toe so no wonder I am leaving everything short. The 2 ball was an almost instant cure for the poor swing plane.

The new steel insert versions sucked for me though.

davidp
6th December 2004, 02:50 PM
I got fitted for a putter and my ideal length seems to be 35.5". :shock:
I'm using a 35" putter at the moment, which seems to suit me.

Many pros go to shorter length as many like to let their arms hang. Stephen Leaney used to use a 32" putter. I'm sure Craig Parry uses a shorter length putter as well. :wink:

Hope you end up happy with the 2-ball mallet, Bruce. At this price I'm sure this putter will find a happy home shortly. :)

Bruce
6th December 2004, 03:41 PM
Hmm... No mallets on eBay right now and if I spend $260 on putter right now I would not have my testicle for Xmas.

HoG had a much bigger range and the Srixons and Wilsons might be a match.

The dilema of the wannabe Ho with perpetual cold feet...

davidp
6th December 2004, 03:44 PM
Hmm... No mallets on eBay right now and if I spend $260 on putter right now I would not have my testicle for Xmas.

That's a little too much personal biological information... :lol:

Bruce
6th December 2004, 04:14 PM
One character can make such a difference.. :oops:

Maybe she would have taken only the one.

goughy
6th December 2004, 07:16 PM
I just cut both my putters down to 33.5" last week. That length seems good for me. My nc alpha was 35", my ping anser was 35.5".

It depends completely on how you feel comfortable. If you look at appleby's putter it'd be no more than 33", maybe even 32", it's really short.

But there is one guy who uses a 36" putter.

Jarro
6th December 2004, 08:19 PM
what about Phil Mickelsons putter ... it probably isn't even 33" long either ... and he's an awesome putter.

My Scotty is 33" and i love the fact that you can just let your arms hang down naturally, which helps to create a smoother swing .. less tension in the arms.

whatever works i suppose :roll:

McMw
6th December 2004, 10:39 PM
But there is one guy who uses a 36" putter.

not sure if we're thinking of the same golfer, but Angel Carberra comes to mind...

hackin jim
7th December 2004, 08:20 AM
My Scotty is 33" and i love the fact that you can just let your arms hang down naturally, which helps to create a smoother swing .. less tension in the arms.

Whilst I am stoked this putter went to a good home jarro, in all my hoin' days it is the only item I regret ever selling.

Oh well...pm sent Dave on this little puppy

Jarro
7th December 2004, 07:05 PM
Whilst I am stoked this putter went to a good home jarro, in all my hoin' days it is the only item I regret ever selling.

James, my good mate, long time no hear..how've you been :?:

... thanks again for the Scotty, you are a true gentleman :D

hackin jim
8th December 2004, 10:31 AM

James, my good mate, long time no hear..how've you been :?:

... thanks again for the Scotty, you are a true gentleman :D

Busy....have been about as frequent on the boards as I have been on the course :cry: .

Maybe this 33" 2-Ball Blade that I just picked up will spark me back into action :wink:

davidp
8th December 2004, 11:49 AM
Sold & sent to hackinjim :)