PDA

View Full Version : Hi Maca here

Maca
8th January 2009, 09:47 PM
Hi All,

Was just reading another post, and saw someone referring to lurkers on the site. So I thought I had better say g'day. I'm a very average golfer from west sydney. I just started playing mid last year after my bro in law gave me a set of his old ping zing 2 to try. I seem to go ok with them when i'm going well. I had an old putter and have purchased a couple of other clubs since then but nothing as special as the gear some of you guys have. Anyway... i'm now hooked on golf. I even went and played 9 holes with my neighbour on tuesday when it was 40 in the shade down here. We had the course to ourselves because no-one else was mad enough to go out obviously. I play about twice a month on average, and I am improving in most aspects of the game. Off the tee i can still do some real stinkers but most other things are getting there. My best score so far has been a 91 so still have a long way to go. I like reading the posts such as the one about what people use for chipping, as I get some new ideas to try around the greens. I always just use the sand wedge and if i'm a bit further out the pw. I never thought to use a 7 iron and things like that. I also find myself drooling over the posts about peoples gear they have lol. I hope to get a couple of lessons soon. Possibly with that Marsden Park guy someone mentioned on here. Oh, and I joined a social group through a mate who play once a month. No lurker here :)

Dazza
8th January 2009, 09:47 PM
G'day Maca, and welcome.
:D

3oneday
8th January 2009, 09:50 PM
George Serhan at Marsden, very good.

Welcome Maca 8)

BrisVegas
8th January 2009, 09:54 PM
welcome lurker!

Courty
8th January 2009, 09:56 PM
Welcome Maca!

henno
8th January 2009, 10:07 PM
Just post single-smiley posts like everyone else. Your post count will sky-rocket in no time.

henno
8th January 2009, 10:07 PM
Just post single-smiley posts like everyone else. Your post count will sky rocket in no time.

:)

Golfnut
8th January 2009, 10:08 PM
G'day from WA......91! well done! I've been at it for a little over 20months and have never managed below 96 for 18 holes (although I have hit a couple 44's & 45's for 9 holes....but that doesn't count)

Keep up the good work, sounds like it comes naturally to you.

Maca
8th January 2009, 10:12 PM

Courty
8th January 2009, 10:13 PM

:smt023

adlo
8th January 2009, 10:14 PM
Welcome
http://ifieverfeelbetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/smiley.jpg

Maca
8th January 2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll try and get involved in the discussions once i'm a bit more golf literate. I only got 91 once... I got lucky quite a few times. I think it was beginners luck because I haven't been near there since. Low 100's and over are more like it. :D

adlo
8th January 2009, 10:19 PM
Maca you have a lot to learn.

On golf forums, if you shot 91 once, you always shoot low 90s.

Ever hit a 300m drive? (Even with an 8 club tailwind, downhill). You ALWAYS drive the ball 300m.

Maca
8th January 2009, 10:19 PM
WHoah big smiley adlo. Impressive ! :smt052 I could't find the massive smiley in the list so I opted for the classic double smiley.

Golfnut
8th January 2009, 10:22 PM
Maca you have a lot to learn.

On golf forums, if you shot 91 once, you always shoot low 90s.

Ever hit a 300m drive? (Even with an 8 club tailwind, downhill). You ALWAYS drive the ball 300m.

LOL :lol:

Maca
8th January 2009, 10:24 PM
Well actually I was being modest. High 80's low 90's here and 300 metre drives with my 3 wood.

Now what happens if by some chance I play one day with someone from here and they let everyone know i'm rubbish? Do I just say I was having a bad day when I hit 108?

Golfnut
8th January 2009, 10:29 PM
Nah, just hide for a couple of days....something else will surely come up and take the lime light from you :).

Maca
8th January 2009, 10:37 PM
Then i'll go back to my lurking ;)

adlo
8th January 2009, 10:46 PM
Then i'll go back to my lurking ;)
Nah, just don't play a round with anyone off the forums.

Dotty
8th January 2009, 10:54 PM
Welcome and I'll be catch up with you tomorrow morning.
Sausage muffin, hash brown, large coke, no ice.

Johnny Canuck
8th January 2009, 11:01 PM

Eag's
9th January 2009, 12:07 AM
Welcome Maca.

3oneday
9th January 2009, 05:26 AM
Maca, play a few rounds at Marsden, you'll be in the 80's in no time ;)

AndyP
9th January 2009, 06:42 AM
Welcome to posting, Maca. You had no chance of getting the lurking record anyway. donut has that wrapped up.

PeteyD
9th January 2009, 08:08 AM
Donut is a champ at it.

Oh and Welcome.

Maca
9th January 2009, 09:29 AM
Maca, play a few rounds at Marsden, you'll be in the 80's in no time ;)

Marsden Park here I come :lol:

Hi Donut. ;)

There will be a smiley post after this to increase my post count :D

I'm playing Fox Hills on Sunday i will let you all know how it goes :?

Dotty try the Brekky snack wraps they are good, but you have to have about 8 to fill you up. :razz:

Maca
9th January 2009, 09:30 AM
:D

Moe Norman
9th January 2009, 10:20 AM
lets just hope you're not as nutty as our last macca!

Maca
9th January 2009, 11:00 AM

Probably not. :-s

Maca
9th January 2009, 11:01 AM
:lol: 10 posts, double figures. Getting there!

3oneday
9th January 2009, 11:15 AM
Go you good thang :)

BrisVegas
9th January 2009, 11:19 AM

macca set the bar for me. He was the first ozgolfer I met.... :lol:

The second was golfer69. :-k

TheNuclearOne
9th January 2009, 09:06 PM
A lurker no more!!! Welcome mate

:smt038

Flowergirl
9th January 2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome Maca - nice to have you onboard. Stick around and don't be put off and think that we are a clicky bunch. A lot of us have been posting here for a long time and have got to know each other very well ( some - too well!!)
Always nice to welcome a newbie to our family.:mrgreen: Mmmmm - that sounds a bit freaky. Oh well - deal with it.;)

Maca
9th January 2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome Flowergirl. I was a member of another non golf related forum for quite a while and have made a good friend through there, and now we hang out together occasionally. He hates golf though :?

I think i'll be part of the ozgolf welcoming committee for a while, until I have something useful to add to any other thread.

I learnt to play guitar years ago through reading magazines and watching others. Now i'm using the net to learn golf, reading here and watching youtube videos or whatever :wink: Love the technology.

Maca
11th January 2009, 12:58 PM
Played at Fox Hills this morning. Shot a 95. Very happy with that. Did some good drives, and chipping around the green has improved heaps after getting some ideas from that chipping thread. Had a couple of really bad holes that blew my score out. Like the 10th where I hit my ball out onto the Great Western Hwy and hit the rear 1/4 panel of a ford :? Ended up getting 9 after my second attempt wasn't much prettier. I'm blaming the sausage sandwich for that one. Apart from that it all went well. Got a few pars. Hit most of the fairways aswell, or I wasn't too far off it. I won a closest to the pin and got 2 golf balls for it . Ended up about 2.5 metres from the pin. Which I managed to putt in :lol:. Just need to get some more consistency and I reckon I could get into the 80's one day. ;)