PDA

View Full Version : State Of Origin

Jarro
17th May 2004, 12:42 PM
just saw the NSW team announced ..... doesn't look as intimidating as sides from the past :?

I think QLD might even go in as favs. 8)

what do you think of the teams :?:

QLD : Rhys Wesser (Panthers), Justin Hodges (Roosters), Paul Bowman (Cowboys), Brent Tate (Broncos), Billy Slater (Storm), Darren Lockyer (Broncos-capt), Scott Prince (Tigers), Shane Webcke (Broncos), Cameron Smith (Storm), Steven Price (Bulldogs), Michael Crocker (Roosters), Dane Carlaw (Broncos), Tonie Carroll (Broncos). Interchange: Ben Ross (Panthers), Petero Civoniceva (Broncos), Travis Norton (Bulldogs), Chris Flannery (Roosters), Matt Bowen (Cowboys)-(one to be omitted).

NSW team: Ben Hornby, Anthony Minichiello, Mark Gasnier, Matt Gidley, Luke Lewis, Shaun Timmins, Craig Gower, Mark O'Meley, Danny Buderus (capt), Ryan O'Hara, Andrew Ryan, Nathan Hindmarsh, Craig Fitzgibbon.

Interchange: Craig Wing, Trent Waterhouse, Willie Mason, Brent Kite.

(Kurt Gidley 18th man)

Fishman Dan
17th May 2004, 01:21 PM
Pretty ordinary team from NSW. Kurt Gidley 18th man? He was on fire the other day, should get a start - and Big Willie should be on the field. Mark Gasnier almost quit the game this year - then they reward him with this? Mind you he is a great footballler. NSW should also have Fletcher (Souths) in the lineup.

I don't really feel out of line by saying, and I apologise for the manner in which i state this, but; I CAN'T ****ING STAND PHIL GOULD!

For this purpose alone i'd love to see the Maroons get up.

Having said that - GO THE KNIGHTS!!

Courty
17th May 2004, 02:27 PM
I think QLD might even go in as favs. 8)

Not likely... 'Hmmm, which international class halfback shall we choose? What a dilemna!' :roll:

The underdog tag sits well with Queensland.
NSW put all the pressure on themselves, especially with all the depth they've got to choose from.

I must say, QLD's back line looks pretty special. The jury is still out on Hodges though. He needs to smarten up a bit. This will be a good chance to see if he has learnt anything. If he fails here, his rep career is over I reckon.

Courty
17th May 2004, 03:12 PM
What do you think Plan B will be at 5/8 when one of those boofheaded Cockroaches re-snaps Locky's ribs in the opening minutes ?
When is the first game ?

First game (Sydney) is on next Wednesday night.

Chris Flannery will slot in to 5/8 without any worries. Won't be surprised if he starts the game if Lockyer hasn't healed by then. Flannery learnt from the best, he's got class written all over him. 8)

Fishman Dan
17th May 2004, 04:14 PM
Did i hear that Tallis isn't playing SOO? Why not? What's with the current speight of ego-bound boofheads who are not so elite that they are above rep football?

People like Blocker Roach, Big Arty, Marty Bella would gag at this. If there were 3 games they could play all year, it was State of Origin. They're better viewing than NRL Test matches.

Jarro
17th May 2004, 04:17 PM
I'm not really sold on Hodges playing on the wing :?

I'd rather have Schifcofske in there, at least he can kick goals.

I agree with FD, if Lockyers out, Flannery will be 5/8th. but lets face it, if Lockyer is fit and playing... they could put Martin Bella at halfback and we'd go OK :lol:

thought Casey Maguire might have got a run on the bench :?

Eag's
17th May 2004, 05:01 PM
Yep that is a top backline for the mighty Moroons :smt023
Not a bad team at all really.

We will smash those damn cocky buggers :smt021 :smt062 :smt040

Golfgirl
17th May 2004, 06:01 PM
Sigh! Matt and I have already started the annual State of Origin sledging - he is a NSw'man and I, of course, am a Qld'er. :lol:

The real problem is that this year we are in NSW and there are trillions of them to back him up..... I am afraid, very, very, afraid.... :?

mike
17th May 2004, 07:02 PM
NSW gameplan; Hit Lockyer's ribs early ( as mentioned before ) Do likewise to Prince's leg. Ask Price for a DNA sample. Don't, repeat don't kick the ball to Wesser. Bait Hodges ( easy peasy ) and tell Tony Carroll how ugly he is.

Follow this to the letter and we'll win.

Go the Blues

damoocow
17th May 2004, 08:05 PM
I would have to disagree with the sentiment about NSW ordinary side - true they have some injuries but mainly the team has been picked on form - QLD on the other hand have a few dubious selections - Hodges [show pony] / Norton [pretender] / Bowman [has been] / Slater [can't tackle] / Prince [can't really do anything] / Carlaw [oooh so scary playing wide in the centres all the time] - perhaps Qld won the underdog tag by picking such a crappy side - no way will Lockyer play - all a big ruse - as much asI hate Gould - I think he has pressured the selectors into choosing a pretty good team - but now that Ikin is not in the maroons they will get my vote of support !!
damoocow
PS - how is it jarro that Maguire was unlucky - I was at Lang Park last Friday night and I cannot recall any of the crowd I was with saying anything other than he had a shocker - maybe it looked different on Tv?

Jarro
17th May 2004, 08:14 PM
PS - how is it jarro that Maguire was unlucky - I was at Lang Park last Friday night and I cannot recall any of the crowd I was with saying anything other than he had a shocker - maybe it looked different on Tv?

i thought he was Brisbanes best player friday night.

Tallis was a close second, followed by Hunt :wink:

damoocow
17th May 2004, 08:24 PM
mmm very strange - I would have had Tonie Carroll as best on ground !
damoocow
ps - took my 6 yo son for his first visit to Lang Park - he is still talking about it non stop - he had a great time - Pity about the result though !

markTHEblake
17th May 2004, 08:27 PM
How do i vote for ''couldnt give a rats bum"

terryand
17th May 2004, 08:30 PM
sounds like a poor collingwood suporter there.

terry.

Onewood
17th May 2004, 09:50 PM
Simple

GO THE BLUES

AndyP
17th May 2004, 10:58 PM
Yep, how about adding another option.

Jarro
18th May 2004, 04:16 AM

now now....

..if you aren't at all interested in the topic of conversation... don't join in [-X
remember what happened the last time somebody did that :roll:

don't make me use my supreme power as a MODERATOR :lol:

AndyP
18th May 2004, 04:32 AM
There were no insults in my post and I didn't use any big words.

markTHEblake
18th May 2004, 04:41 PM

.if you aren't at all interested in the topic of conversation... don't join in

now now, the Topic was ''who'll win?" how could i have known i wasnt interested in the topic. I thought it was going to be about the LPGA Jelly Wrestling (without the jelly)

990B Luva
18th May 2004, 05:22 PM
QLD of course, anyone heard of the DOGS 5/8 Jonathan Thurston, well he is my cousin and eligible for QLD except for his knee

Jarro
19th May 2004, 05:13 PM
not looking good for a QLD win now that Lockyer's out :(

still, he's only one player .... the rest of the boys wil have to lift :D

Courty
20th May 2004, 06:40 AM
not looking good for a QLD win now that Lockyer's out :(

still, he's only one player .... the rest of the boys wil have to lift :D

Chris Flannery is a class act who can perform at most positions, but Darren Lockyer is in a league of his own and will be sorely missed.