PDA

View Full Version : Found: second handy's

zigwah
7th January 2009, 06:48 PM
Hello all, I'm just about to take up golf again after an extended break 7 years!!. What i am looking for is a very good to excellent condition second hand set of a higher end golf clubs, i am looking for second hand as i can't really afford big dollars for new ones, but would like something that is not going to feel like i'm hitting a rock.

Ideally i would be after something like driver 9.5,3 13?, 3 thru sw, maybe a few wedges and a putter.Have previously owned Ram tour grind blades and Mad Mac driver and 3, loved those clubs, i like blades but i dont like the ones that look like a postage stamp, but blades or cavity backs i don't really mind.

Sounds like a tall order i know, but hoping i may get lucky with someone thinking of upgrading to the latest model and wants their clubs to go to a good home :)

I will also be looking for a decent ladies set for a beginner maybe some nice colors :-k.

So anyone interested let me know please

BTW I live in Victoria and would be happy to come and pick up or postage from the rest of oz

Thanyou

Zigwah

P.s I'm about 6" 2' and hit it fairly hard so longer stiff shafts would be a bonus, starting to sound like a letter to santa lol

Matt 3 Jab
7th January 2009, 07:18 PM
raw mp-33 blades with s300's 4-pw. good condition.

zigwah
7th January 2009, 07:30 PM
Thnx Matt, whats with the raw finish? Haven't played for a while, is the the go these days or what. what are pros and cons of a raw finish?

thanx

zigwah

P.S Can you pm me a price please.

Hux
7th January 2009, 09:26 PM
Mate I have a set of Ping i10 3-PW stiff shafts in the For Sale section. Overlength for us tall dudes.

jd_FRANK
8th January 2009, 10:33 AM
I have a set of Titleist 755s 3-PW with the TriSpec Stiff Steel shafts in them. Also have a Titleist 775 GW if that's of any interest.

Also have a set of Wilson Pi5 irons, 3-PW with Rifle Tour Flighted 6.5 shafts.

I'm in Melbourne...PM me if interested.

chappy1970
8th January 2009, 12:21 PM
PM sent

zigwah
10th January 2009, 12:43 PM
No other sets out there looking for a good home? What about ladies clubs?
I don't suppose anyone has an old mad mac lying around anywhere? Anyone else love these drivers?

3oneday
10th January 2009, 02:47 PM
Try 3balls on ebay.com. Without a budget being known you could gets lots of useless info.

I'd offer my topflite tours but you only said high end, whereas these are top of the range.

zigwah
10th January 2009, 03:02 PM
Have seriously looked at all offers to date except maybe for the pings, which were a little out of my price range for irons alone, but am close on irons now, unless something else comes along that catches my eye soonish.

Driver and 3 i would like to pay $100 each but would consider 250 for the right club, putter not sure about, may even just buy locally and maybe some wedges not sure on price. And as for the ladies set good to excellent for up to $500, how's that?

Not sure wether you were taking the piss or not with the topflites, like i said i haven't even looked at a golf club for at least 7 years maybe more, didn't get to play much while at seas

mikezone13
10th January 2009, 04:26 PM
I may just have a set of Mizuno wedges going soon... the MP-T raw (53, 56 and 60)

Depends if I can find some Vokeys to replace the 53 and 60

zigwah
10th January 2009, 09:46 PM
I may just have a set of Mizuno wedges going soon... the MP-T raw (53, 56 and 60)

Depends if I can find some Vokeys to replace the 53 and 60

No worries Mike let me know when u know, i would certainly consider them if something else hasn't turned up

Dazza
10th January 2009, 10:07 PM
I'd offer my topflite tours but you only said high end, whereas these are top of the range.

Such a tease.

:p

zigwah
11th January 2009, 10:04 PM
Have found a set of irons, just the driver, 3, wedges and a ladies set to go.

zigwah
13th January 2009, 10:14 AM
What does everyone think of Titleist DCI's womens for a beginner lady?

Dotty
13th January 2009, 05:04 PM
Titleis DCI's for a beginner lady? Sounds like a fair trade. :)

At a guess, aren't those suited for the better ball strikers, and she may me better suited to something with a wider sole and more flexible shafts?

Julie/FG/Shaz or someone with a golfing wife may be able to help with advice for a beginner lady.

zigwah
13th January 2009, 05:13 PM
They have a ladies shaft in them apparently was just sure if the dci's like you said were for a more experienced golfer.

zigwah
14th January 2009, 03:28 PM
Ok, have got the driver, fairway wood , irons and ladies set just need the wedges now.

Anyone?

mikezone13
14th January 2009, 04:40 PM
Nearly there mate... my Mizuno MP-T raw 53/56/60 combo shoudl be up for sale very shortly.. let me know if you need pics etc

zigwah
16th January 2009, 04:46 PM
All done and dusted, thanx to everyone for all the replys and offers of various bits and pieces, and also some advice on the way.

Zig

zigwah
16th January 2009, 04:47 PM
ok, so how do i change it to found??

3oneday
16th January 2009, 07:20 PM
Go advanced in the first post.