PDA

View Full Version : 2009 AFL Season

Pages : [1] 2 3

AndyP
6th January 2009, 09:02 PM
Nothing to discuss just yet (except that whisper), but I thought I'd share this cool link I found.
http://www.thismonkey.com/afl/2009/aflfixture-2009.shtml

You can produce a file of the fixture (or just your team's games), and import it into your calendar.

Jarro
6th January 2009, 09:08 PM
Worst thread ever

Bruce
6th January 2009, 09:21 PM
Nice find Andy.

Minor_Threat
6th January 2009, 09:37 PM
Bloody brilliant..

I just spent about half hour typing the doggies fixture into Lotus Notes today, just used it on my home Outlook calender and worked like a charm!

housey
6th January 2009, 10:16 PM
GO HAWKS

Courty
6th January 2009, 10:32 PM
Nothing to discuss just yet (except that whisper), but I thought I'd share this cool link I found.
http://www.thismonkey.com/afl/2009/aflfixture-2009.shtml

You can produce a file of the fixture (or just your team's games), and import it into your calendar.

Got one of these for NRL?

AndyP
6th January 2009, 11:14 PM
I'll have a good search right now.........not.

Courty
7th January 2009, 06:51 AM
Spoilsport. :p

markTHEblake
7th January 2009, 08:46 AM
Got one of these for Ozgolf?

AndyP
7th January 2009, 08:54 AM
Well, I did have a look around the BDGA and QGU websites yesterday, and put a few things in my Google Calendar.

AndyP
9th January 2009, 10:35 AM
Best team song ever.....

http://player.video.news.com.au/goldcoast/#7GqM8VA7X_xwhjk2TGGTuKtQUzfCBuOP

:smt082:smt082:smt082:smt082:smt082
:smt078

BrisWesty
13th March 2009, 08:21 PM
Just thought it's probably time to get a thread going. (oops already done)

Go the Cats tonight vs Collingwood.

just
13th March 2009, 10:05 PM
Enjoy tonight Westy, because the Cats are on the slippery slope downwards.

Minor_Threat
13th March 2009, 10:43 PM
Enjoy tonight Westy, because the Cats are on the slippery slope downwards.Doesn't look like it after tonights performance..

Bruce
14th March 2009, 09:07 AM
We are miles behind the league thread here. They started last night with 20 pages already in place. We need to get about 28 posts per day over the next 2 weeks to catch up.

AndyP
14th March 2009, 10:23 AM
What about the thread that was already started?

I'll merge threads to boost the post count.....

markTHEblake
14th March 2009, 10:38 AM
We are miles behind the league thread here. They started last night with 20 pages already in place.

it's quality not quantity that counts. Do you really want 20 pages of two word mindless dribble posts here?

BrisWesty
14th March 2009, 08:27 PM
I know who won last night, but did Joffa's mates win the brawl?

AndyP
17th March 2009, 10:57 AM
I think I might get this one framed. It's a shame about the smudge on the camera

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/361/img08652.jpg

Fishman Dan
17th March 2009, 11:35 AM
Is it a smudge, or did you ..... you know....

http://i41.tinypic.com/noyphh.jpg

jd_FRANK
17th March 2009, 11:39 AM
Anyone interested in joining up an ozgolf Supercoach league on the Herald-Sun site? Not sure if we'd get 16 people, but I guess we can always fill it with randoms

AndyP
17th March 2009, 12:10 PM
I used to all the time, JD, but I've gone into Dream Team/Supercoach retirement, as it was too time consuming for me.

BrisWesty
19th March 2009, 12:44 AM
I've got a team in the TGF group one, but if you want to start one here, apparently you can have your team in more than one league.

jd_FRANK
19th March 2009, 09:03 AM
You can have your team in up to 3 leagues, but there hasn't been much interest here yet...

LarryLong
19th March 2009, 09:42 AM
I'll jump in if there's an OzGolf league. I think I've still got an empty league slot. Reminds me, haven't picked my team yet. Who will be this year's first year players that will play a lot of senior footy straight up?

jd_FRANK
19th March 2009, 09:48 AM
I don't want to give away too many secrets..but Dan Rich and Jack Ziebell look good to go.

I've setup a new league for ozgolf, the league code is 137162

supercoach (http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au)

markTHEblake
19th March 2009, 10:55 AM
I cant play these things, cos I'll just pick collingwood players and then i wouldnt have the heart to trade em.

LarryLong
19th March 2009, 11:01 AM
I have to enforce a minimum Richmond players policy on myself for the same reason.

And also because the tigers suck. :)

AndyP
19th March 2009, 12:10 PM
Without looking, I'd expect Travis Tuck to be good value.

jd_FRANK
19th March 2009, 12:34 PM
I had him in the team this morning and took him out! He is a pretty decent price, do you reckon he'll play Round 1?

AndyP
19th March 2009, 01:03 PM
It doesn't look like Jordan Lewis will be back until round 2 or 3. Plus with Crawford retiring, there will probably be a spot for him. He was an emergency for the Grand Final.

Sasquatch
19th March 2009, 01:28 PM
The Southport Surfers are up & running. Funny to look back over & see my bias. Lots of Lions, Hawks & Bulldogs but no Crows or Eagles.

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2009, 01:50 PM
I used to all the time, JD, but I've gone into Dream Team/Supercoach retirement, as it was too time consuming for me.

I hear you on that. I am fully addicted to it and it is taking up a lot of time at night. I'm in 3 leagues, 2 of which are money leagues and the one that is not is actually the most important due to bragging rights.

I also participated in a draft last week, which took a bit of research.

You can have your team in up to 3 leagues, but there hasn't been much interest here yet...
Would be interested if my slate wasn't already full.

Unless the wife puts in a team.... Might do tonight.

I don't want to give away too many secrets..but Dan Rich and Jack Ziebell look good to go.

I've setup a new league for ozgolf, the league code is 137162

supercoach (http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au)

Rich is a good pick for the year, but not a week one lock yet.

Ziebell has had a decent preseason and deserves to play, but Laidley is a fantasy nightmare of a coach.

I have to enforce a minimum Richmond players policy on myself for the same reason.

And also because the tigers suck. :)

Richmond is one of the best dream team squads, they score a lot of fantasy points.

They'll also make the 8 this year!!

I had him in the team this morning and took him out! He is a pretty decent price, do you reckon he'll play Round 1?

Tuck will defo play round one. He's a lock on my team.

BrisWesty
19th March 2009, 09:03 PM
in the ozgolf league.

AndyP
19th March 2009, 09:57 PM
I hear you on that. I am fully addicted to it and it is taking up a lot of time at night. I'm in 3 leagues, 2 of which are money leagues and the one that is not is actually the most important due to bragging rights.
I had told myself in several seasons that I wasn't going to spend much time on it, but it always took up enough.

LarryLong
20th March 2009, 09:05 AM
Richmond is one of the best dream team squads, they score a lot of fantasy points.

They'll also make the 8 this year!!

Hopefully. I've been a tiges supporter for long enough to know that you don't make big pre-season statements. :)

Agree on the stats-worthiness of Richmond players too. Chris Newman's been in my dream team every year since it started, and he's a great dark horse and a very under-rated player.

just
4th April 2009, 09:43 PM
Go Swannies!

LarryLong
4th April 2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah, good to see the swannies knock off Hawthorn. Tiges almost did the job on Geelong too. We wuzz robbed, I tell ya!

Moe Norman
4th April 2009, 11:14 PM
in the ozgolf league.
is this full?

can't seem to find a way to join?

Johnny Canuck
5th April 2009, 12:29 AM
2041 last week. 2674 out of 216,000+. more than likely the highest ranking Canadian in Dream Team!

AndyP
5th April 2009, 09:17 AM
A good win for the Swans. They might be a bit better than most seem to think.

Nothing too big to worry about for the Hawks yet. With injuries, the lack of depth and inexperience has been exposed. North Melbourne aren't the ideal side for us to come up against next week because they usual trouble us. It could be a 0-3 start to the season.

Bruce
5th April 2009, 10:25 AM
Shows how important a ruckman can be. Without a big man to help set things up both the Cats and Hawks struggled.

If it weren't Richmond the Cats probably would have lost with Ottens going down and a few other injuries leaving little on the bench to cover things. The Hawks had no one to cover Jolly and paid the price.

Fishman Dan
5th April 2009, 11:17 AM
A good win for the Swans. They might be a bit better than most seem to think.

Nothing too big to worry about for the Hawks yet. With injuries, the lack of depth and inexperience has been exposed. North Melbourne aren't the ideal side for us to come up against next week because they usual trouble us. It could be a 0-3 start to the season.

Swans are 3rd favourite for the spoon. The Hawks looked off colour and arrogant and didn't respect the Swans on their home patch.

AndyP
5th April 2009, 11:59 AM
9 premierships players missing tends to make a premiership side look "off-colour".

And if what you say about arrogance is true, then it's pretty stupid on their part considering our one win over the swans in 6 years or something.

Moe Norman
5th April 2009, 12:12 PM
Swans will be a good side if they get no injuries, but if any one of Hall, Jolly, Goodes, Kirk or Bolton get injured/suspended -they will probably be in a little bit of strife with their depth

Minor_Threat
5th April 2009, 01:38 PM
Been moving house, so I haven't had a chance to say this..

Go Dogs!

Virgal_Tracy
7th April 2009, 02:54 PM
Swans will be a good side if they get no injuries, but if any one of Hall, Jolly, Goodes, Kirk or Bolton get injured/suspended -they will probably be in a little bit of strife with their depth

The Swans biggest issue is that the players to step up to cover injries are injured themselves. Pat Veszpremi, Tim Schmidt, Nick Smith and of course we are still missing Leo barry and Mickey O.

Sydney will make the 8 but no higher than 6th.

jd_FRANK
7th April 2009, 02:58 PM
A couple of exciting signs for the future from the Bombers on the weekend. Quite a few of the young players are going to be more than handy in a couple of years and we've still probably got our 3 of our 4 best midfielders out of the side. Having said that, I think it's going to be a lean year... :(

Fishman Dan
7th April 2009, 09:58 PM
A couple of exciting signs for the future from the Bombers on the weekend. Quite a few of the young players are going to be more than handy in a couple of years and we've still probably got our 3 of our 4 best midfielders out of the side. Having said that, I think it's going to be a lean year... :(

They are going to learn how to cope with a big loss after this weekend... from a team of youngsters that have endured just that.

Carn the Blues!!!!

Before the season began I fantasised about a 4-0 start, and to be honest the tougher 2 games have been played and won. The Bombers always find something, but I don't think they have anything going for them currently, and the Swans are ripe for the picking. We should have beaten them last year except for a BOG from Goodes.

Edit: McPhee rubbed out for 1 game too....

BrisWesty
8th April 2009, 02:04 PM
Go Cats. Supercoach was bad this week. Was away, and had to pick the team on Tuesday, so had a number of bench warmers + Ottens + Hentschel.

u8ergolfer
9th April 2009, 09:08 AM
SO did anyone see the chicken Video?

Jarro
9th April 2009, 09:13 AM
SO did anyone see the chicken Video?

Yes i did.

It was disgraceful !

markTHEblake
9th April 2009, 10:36 AM
Go Cats

christians and muslims maybe be freinds now, but there is No love for the cat lovers today. :twisted:

BrisWesty
14th April 2009, 04:45 PM
They are going to learn how to cope with a big loss after this weekend... from a team of youngsters that have endured just that.

Carn the Blues!!!!

Before the season began I fantasised about a 4-0 start, and to be honest the tougher 2 games have been played and won. The Bombers always find something, but I don't think they have anything going for them currently, and the Swans are ripe for the picking. We should have beaten them last year except for a BOG from Goodes.

The only thing the Bombers have going for them is they beat the Blues! ;-)

markTHEblake
14th April 2009, 05:16 PM
am going to the gabba friday night, anyone else?
i havent got the seats no's, someone else bought the tickets. its only $48 for 2 adults and 4 kids, thats a pretty good deal!

Moe Norman
14th April 2009, 05:19 PM
I'll be there

AndyP
14th April 2009, 05:38 PM
I'll be there in the Gabba Trust area.

jimandr
14th April 2009, 09:18 PM
In the NRL thread we all had a premature go at picking the 8. My picks don't look too flash already.

But the AFL is a different beast, and a bit easier to predict I reckon.

So, here I go, to kick off the discussion.

Geelong
Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Collingwood
Adelaide
Carlton
Sydney Swans

Brisbane, Port and maybe Kangaroo's might all be knocking on the door.

Freo, West Coast, Essendon, Richmond, Melbourne all still in 'rebuilding phase'.

Geelong/Hawks grand final, with a Geelong victory this time.

This is an observation that may have been discussed before, but it is interesting how quickly the cycle of strength has changed. Three years ago it was all doom and gloom in Victoria. Now, there is a very good chance of all Vic top 6.

just
14th April 2009, 09:26 PM
Brisbane are better than you think, they will be in the eight and may be pushing for top four. Friday will be a good tester for them. The loss of Leuenberger will hurt though.

zigwah
15th April 2009, 05:46 PM
Brisbane are better than you think, they will be in the eight and may be pushing for top four. Friday will be a good tester for them. The loss of Leuenberger will hurt though.

A chocolate frog says Brisbane don't make the four.

markTHEblake
15th April 2009, 06:33 PM
I'll be there

I'll be there in the Gabba Trust area.

I got no idea what any of that means, but i am in Section 62 Row QQ

AndyP
15th April 2009, 06:37 PM
I'm in the section between the white fences that gets booed for not participating in the wave.

just
15th April 2009, 06:46 PM
A chocolate frog says Brisbane don't make the four.

You're on Zigwah!

Moe Norman
15th April 2009, 07:26 PM
I'm in the section between the white fences that gets booed for not participating in the wave.
Oh I din't realise I was in a pissing contest.

In that case, I'll be in the #1 ticketholders corporate box. :mrgreen:

zigwah
16th April 2009, 12:23 PM
You're on Zigwah!

You'll have to pump the pies by 60 points at being a chance to make the four

AndyP
16th April 2009, 12:27 PM
Just doesn't support the Lions. He supports the Swans.
Both are superior teams to your mob.

jd_FRANK
16th April 2009, 12:54 PM
My Top 8:

Geelong
Bulldogs
Saints
Hawthorn
Port
Brisbane
Carlton
Adelaide

zigwah
18th April 2009, 05:19 AM
well that was a whipping and you had the umps.

zigwah
18th April 2009, 05:20 AM
Just doesn't support the Lions. He supports the Swans.
Both are superior teams to your mob.

your not talking about the team brisbane flogged are ya?

AndyP
18th April 2009, 06:02 AM
Who are you talking to? I don't think I've seen a Brisbane supporter make a comment in here.

It's an interesting definition of whipping that you have too.

zigwah
18th April 2009, 07:01 AM
Sorry mate i was referring to the your comment about your mob didn't realise it wasn't directed at me, sorry

zigwah
18th April 2009, 07:05 AM
I think it was a case of see how they go in the first half boys and go from there.

Brown looked unfit.

sloppy footy by both side in the first half

markTHEblake
18th April 2009, 08:09 AM

Collingwood got raped by the umpires early but evened up in the second half.

Now is there a way of getting a seat at the game in a non-moron area?
this bloke sitting right behind me didn't shutup for 3/4's, everytime a collingwood player touched the ball it was an insult at the top of his voice, every Collingwood behind came the comment "it was a lovely point"

he didnt think J.Browns point from 3m out straight in front was lovely though.

LarryLong
18th April 2009, 09:39 AM

Don't come to a Richmond game, I'll give you the tip.

Actually, my advice is to never sit in a 'club' reserved area - I think the mob mentality and lack of opposition supporters makes idiots grow wings. Any time I sit with my Dad in the Richmond reserved area I regret it.

AndyP
18th April 2009, 03:31 PM
Sorry mate i was referring to the your comment about your mob didn't realise it wasn't directed at me, sorryThis is beyond my translation skills.

Bruce
18th April 2009, 04:46 PM
I only had the wahless for last night's game - it seemed as if the Bears had nothing left on the bench and got run over.

A careless loss by the Hawks puts the 'hangover' word in every sub-editor's mind. Not a great start but we've all seen DC and his ilk have a spew on the 1st tee and still shoot well enough to come home with the chocolates.

And how premature are Carlton with them "coming" in round 2.

AndyP
18th April 2009, 05:15 PM
A careless loss by the Hawks puts the 'hangover' word in every sub-editor's mind. Not a great start but we've all seen DC and his ilk have a spew on the 1st tee and still shoot well enough to come home with the chocolates.
More injuries today too. :(
I'm just hoping we can sneak into the top 4 to have some sort of chance at the right time of the year.

LarryLong
18th April 2009, 05:15 PM
It's going to take a while for the hawks to get the full side on the park, but I doubt their fans will be getting into a panic just yet.

Carlton fans got carried away in a massive way after two games, but you can hardly blame them after Richmond made them look like walk-up premiers in round 1. I was at the game and I can remember getting laughed at at work when I told a rather triumphant blue fan that Carlton hadn't actually played that well on the night and they could lose games playing like that. Not quite sure what to make of Sydney this year though. They are going to ruin my footy tips.

Off to watch the tigers tomorrow. I'm tipping it will be a funny atmosphere. Melbourne fans aren't game to dream of a win and Richmond fans don't like their team or coach enough to back them. Richmond could win by 5 goals and still have the supporters spitting on the coach after the game.

AndyP
18th April 2009, 05:17 PM
Richmond could win by 5 goals and still have the supporters spitting on the coach after the game.Send one of your more phlegmy ones for me, Larry.

LarryLong
18th April 2009, 05:30 PM
Send one of your more phlegmy ones for me, Larry.

:) nah.

I'm a rare breed amongst Richmond supporters. I'm a glass half full guy, even after 25 years of crap. I hate the opposition sides more than my own team.

Who got injured in the Hawthorn game?

just
18th April 2009, 05:42 PM
Go swannies! I wanted to watch this game, should have asked for a morning round for te McLeod Cup.

AndyP
18th April 2009, 07:16 PM
Who got injured in the Hawthorn game?Guerra did a hammy, I believe. Of our backline from the GF, that's Croad, Gilham, Ladson, Birchall and Guerra injured now.

We should have swapped, Justin. The game I saw wasn't worth watching....

PeteyD
18th April 2009, 07:21 PM
What is with the ghey outfit Port were wearing? Looked horrible.

AndyP
18th April 2009, 07:24 PM
A lot of the teams are wearing the clash strip away regardless of whether they need to or not.

How can teal and white look anything but gay on a footy side?

PeteyD
18th April 2009, 07:32 PM
Particularly with the white knee high socks.

Moe Norman
18th April 2009, 10:17 PM

not at the Gabba mate

BrisWesty
18th April 2009, 10:27 PM
Particularly with the white knee high socks.

Perhaps they're trying to corner the Japanese schoolgirl market.

AndyP
18th April 2009, 10:28 PM
Nice last quarter by the Cats when threatened, especially considering their recent fadeouts.

BrisWesty
19th April 2009, 12:20 PM
Nice last quarter by the Cats when threatened, especially considering their recent fadeouts.

Was nice to see. Adelaide are going to be hard going for a lot of teams this year.

4-0, having played Hawthorn, Collingwood and Adelaide in that. Pretty happy considering all of those should be top 8 this year.

Wonder if there is a clause in the Cats' contracts that pays them by the handball?

46 possessions for GA jnr. I know Greg Williams supposedly had 53 once, and Peter Featherby scored 50, but that's still a stunning achievement. Didn't Priddis get 45 in one game last year?

AndyP
19th April 2009, 01:22 PM
Half of the possessions from Priddis probably went to the opposition though, unlike Gaz Jr.

He might have got those in a loss against us actually.

chappy1970
19th April 2009, 04:50 PM
Go Saints,

Tigers = Disgraceful

Yossarian
22nd April 2009, 09:38 PM
:)The eagles may just be back:)

BrisWesty
25th April 2009, 11:11 AM
Saints are looking pretty decent this year. Nailed Port (4), Freo (16), Eagles (10), Adelaide (12) & Sydney (7). And of those, I'd suggest 4 are chances for the 8.

Looks like St Kilda v Geelong could be the hype game of the year for 2009.

AndyP
25th April 2009, 11:51 AM
Those first 4 games didn't really count, in terms of figuring out where they are at. I tipped Port last night, and the Saint blew them away.

Of course, it could be just another season where they promise so much and deliver so little at the important end of the season.

Moe Norman
25th April 2009, 11:59 AM
When does the sequel to the 'Streak' get released?

BrisWesty
1st May 2009, 09:25 AM
Continuing on from the comments re the Saints, as for Geelong, they've seen off Hawthorn (currently 9th) , Richmond (14), Collingwood (8 ), Adelaide (7) and Brisbane (13). At the start of the year I'd have expected the Hawks, Magpies and Crows to be in the 8, so that's a reasonable start.

Melb this week should be a %ge boost, but then the Dees have nothing to lose except 15th spot.

Johnny Canuck
1st May 2009, 09:33 AM
Saints are looking pretty decent this year. Nailed Port (4), Freo (16), Eagles (10), Adelaide (12) & Sydney (7). And of those, I'd suggest 4 are chances for the 8.

Looks like St Kilda v Geelong could be the hype game of the year for 2009.

Adelaide, Sydney and Port all have a chance.

The Eagles aren't making the 8 this year unless they can play 22 games at Subi.

Sasquatch
1st May 2009, 10:47 AM
Adelaide, Sydney and Port all have a chance.
From Sydney Swans website.
Michael Pyke will make his AFL debut when the Sydney Swans run out on Sunday afternoon against Richmond at the SCG. There has been interest since his arrival; not only is Pyke from Canada but he is a former international rugby union player.

PeteyD
1st May 2009, 10:55 AM
Have Geelong peaked to early? Or can this form go all the way?

jd_FRANK
1st May 2009, 11:03 AM
not only is Pyke from Canada but he is a former international rugby union player.

He scored a great try against the All Blacks at the World Cup that is on Youtube....not sure that'll help him too much though...

AndyP
1st May 2009, 11:33 AM
Have Geelong peaked to early? Or can this form go all the way?Geelong are travelling fine. They weren't travelling that well in the first few weeks.
The Saints on the other hand may run out of steam. Surely the Bulldogs will come good soon, but I'm still tipping against them this week.

chappy1970
1st May 2009, 12:27 PM
G
The Saints on the other hand may run out of steam.

I hope your wrong and I'm happy for people to keep writing us off. We have history against us, but so have many in the past.

jd_FRANK
1st May 2009, 01:04 PM
I really thought last year was the last opportunity for the Saints to have a crack, but Ross Lyon has changed their game and the second-tier players have really stepped up to create an even team rather than relying on their superstars. Just like it was great to see the Cats win a couple of years ago, would be great to see the Dogs or the Saints break through.

Yossarian
1st May 2009, 07:57 PM
When the saints lose their first game, the way in which the respond the next week will be the key to determining how their season goes, they haven't played a real finals contender yet but the look the real deal. When your game plan revolves around creating insane amounts of pressure its kind of hard for other teams to put pressure on that i reckon

Johnny Canuck
1st May 2009, 09:41 PM
Michael Pyke will make his AFL debut when the Sydney Swans run out on Sunday afternoon against Richmond at the SCG. There has been interest since his arrival; not only is Pyke from Canada but he is a former international rugby union player.

I am all over this!

I sent an email to all the boys in my Dream Team comp telling them that I am now accepting applications for the Mike Pyke fan club. We'll take over the game by 2015!

gazgolf1
2nd May 2009, 04:53 PM
And the Hawks are kissed on the dick. :)

AndyP
2nd May 2009, 05:03 PM
So much sweeter when you are the bookies underdogs.

Moe Norman
2nd May 2009, 08:33 PM
Fev is good under pressure!

Johnny Canuck
2nd May 2009, 09:45 PM
Fev is ****ed. Busted foot that needs to be frozen before every game. Good luck kicking with no feel.

Fishman Dan
2nd May 2009, 09:51 PM
Fev is ****ed. Busted foot that needs to be frozen before every game. Good luck kicking with no feel.

Foot was bruised, and he took a stack of marks on the lead today, first time all year he has done that... seems to have made a difference!

simmsy
2nd May 2009, 09:54 PM
up until the kick that missed to win the blues the game!

Johnny Canuck
2nd May 2009, 10:00 PM
His heel has been bad all year. The last time he was on The Footy Show, you could see him limping badly coming in.

I like Fev, character.

AndyP
3rd May 2009, 07:19 AM
Foot was bruised, and he took a stack of marks on the lead today, first time all year he has done that... seems to have made a difference!It was probably the first game that he has played without having a proper fullback on him, although Carlton created good space for him to lead into.

Realistically, he didn't lose the game for them. There are lots of moments during games where a game is won or lost, but it's the last couple of minutes that is always focused on.

Fishman Dan
4th May 2009, 02:49 PM
I would have been happy with a 2-3 goal loss. Coming into the last quarter the Blues were jumped by a hungry team, and we couldn't get our hands on the ball. Then it all turned around, the belief was there and the legs were still pumping.

The Blues had 4 or 5 genuine passengers all day, including Cam Cloke (except him to miss next week!), Houlihan (always missing when it matters), Kade Simpson (still made an impact late), Jordan Russell, and Simon Wiggins. All are bit-part players, but were clearly out of their depth in a game that is easily compared to a finals game. Even Bryce Gibbs produced more clangers than the faithful would like to have seen.

For years we've been waiting for the kids to mature, and this weekend I think they did that. A classic match by all accounts.

Paul Bower on Franklin was superb... but how on earth could they not pay 50m for Lance booting the ball away, no matter the scenario. Worst umpiring I've ever seen.... not that Kennett will back me up!

AndyP
4th May 2009, 03:38 PM
... but how on earth could they not pay 50m for Lance booting the ball away, no matter the scenario. Worst umpiring I've ever seen.... not that Kennett will back me up!The 50m was there, the initial free kick was not.

Moe Norman
4th May 2009, 04:07 PM
the reason 50 wasn't paid was because the controlling umpire paid a free kick against Rioli but the other umpire paid a free kick against the Carlton bloke at the same time, they could hardly ping him 50 when the umpire in his field of vision had his arm out for a free kick to Rioli

AndyP
4th May 2009, 04:15 PM
Haha, that's brilliant umpiring. I assume the Rioli for free would have been for holding the ball. He had a hold of one guys arm, while the ball was balanced in the other.

oldmannoodles
7th May 2009, 06:41 PM
Anyone got a Dreamteam? I find when I catch up with mates lately our conversations revolve solely around line-ups, trades, cheap pick-ups, injuries and form (wives and girlfriends love it, of course :roll:).

AndyP
7th May 2009, 07:36 PM
A few are doing it. It was discussed a little on page 2 (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11982&page=2).

Minor_Threat
7th May 2009, 07:40 PM
I tell you what the Bulldogs selection panel are as weak as piss, the 100+ gamers have been ****ing spectating for 3 weeks and they won't drop them! WTF.. Eagleton especially, gets some kids in there who will have a decent crack!

oldmannoodles
7th May 2009, 07:41 PM
A few are doing it. It was discussed a little on page 2 (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11982&page=2).

Should have checked, apologies from a newcomer. Any ongoing discussions happening anywhere? I could talk garbage about it for hours.

Jarro
7th May 2009, 07:44 PM
Which teams are gonna merge ?

AndyP
7th May 2009, 07:45 PM
No on-going discussions that I can recall. There isn't a lot of AFL talk on the forum because most members follow other codes being from NSW/Qld.

AndyP
7th May 2009, 07:45 PM
Which teams are gonna merge ?Gold Coast and West Sydney.

Jarro
7th May 2009, 07:50 PM
Gold Coast and West Sydney.

With who ? Hawthorn ??

AndyP
7th May 2009, 07:54 PM
GC and West Syd to merge together to become the Northern Twats.

Hawthorn don't need to merge since they have the highest membership of an AFL football club ever.

oldmannoodles
7th May 2009, 08:09 PM
Hawthorn don't need to merge since they have the highest membership of an AFL football club ever.

Pets really shouldn't count in membership numbers.

Fishman Dan
7th May 2009, 08:43 PM

Which may also include the record of most ever dogs, cats and goldfish members.

AndyP
7th May 2009, 08:55 PM
Does oldmannoodles write your material?

I think the pet line came out in 1997. Good to see it is still going strong.

LarryLong
7th May 2009, 09:04 PM
There's still plenty of life left in the Hawthorn pet memberships, surely? :)

Just like the "Richmond sack coaches" chestnut.

In other news, there's a rumour going around that Richo didn't want to go back onto the field last week before his big injury. Poor bugger.

Moe Norman
7th May 2009, 09:40 PM
GC and West Syd to merge together to become the Northern Twats.

wouldn't that be a victorian AFL club?

West Coast have a 6 year waiting list just to become a member...

AndyP
7th May 2009, 09:44 PM
No.

Premiers Hawthorn have become the first Victorian AFL club to break the 50,000 members mark.

The Hawks have bettered their 41,686 membership mark from 2008.

Adelaide holds the all-time AFL membership record with 50,976, set in 2007.
Last count was 51,343.

Moe Norman
7th May 2009, 09:47 PM
Ahh, West Coast are capped at 45,000 members (ground capacity)

maybe they should count non ticketed members too ;)

AndyP
7th May 2009, 09:49 PM
maybe they should count non ticketed members too ;)I think Essendon do that when stating their membership count.

I wonder if there is cost when going on the West Coast waiting list.

Moe Norman
7th May 2009, 11:08 PM
from their Website

Due to Subiaco Oval currently being at full capacity, unfortunately our season membership is currently unavailable.

Should you still like to become a member of the club and join the waiting list for season membership, we would suggest you consider joining as an In the Wings member.
then

You can almost smell the grass and hear the thud of boot on leather. Join the waiting list today and become part of the new breed of Eagles. $55

What you get as a 2009 In The Wings member:

Your own allocated waitlist number to be eligible for up to two adults and two children’s

West Coast Eagles Season Memberships.

Priority to purchase tickets for West Coast Eagles home games in 2009 through the members‘ seat resale program – look out for your password in your In The Wings Handbook (with your membership pack) so that you can access these tickets prior to the general public

Your very own personalised West Coast Eagles membership card

A members’ only key-ring and car sticker

Your own lanyard and ticket wallet to proudly display your West Coast Eagles membership card

Receive one of the first editions of the West Coast Eagles Year Book

Exclusive insights into the team with your season subscription to the official magazine of the West Coast Eagles, the Eagle Eye

The opportunity mix with fellow passionate supporters at your own dedicated In The Wings event in 2009

Your own copy of the official 2009 team poster (sent with your March edition of the Eagle Eye)

Be the first to hear all the latest and most up to date West Coast Eagles news with dedicated members’ only emails each fortnight

Access to your dedicated Membership Services Centre, where passionate staff are waiting to hear your feedback and answer all your membership questions

Exclusive members’ only merchandise offers.

Priority access to purchase tickets to West Coast Eagles home finals at Subiaco Oval

Given they have in excess of 15,000 on the waiting list (apparently) then obviously they are not counted towards membership figures. It also says in the fine print that you must renew each year to hold your spot on the waiting list...

PeteyD
8th May 2009, 06:32 AM
Pretty quiet in Perth then I guess!

AndyP
8th May 2009, 07:47 AM
Maybe they should have a second footy side over there.

just
8th May 2009, 08:15 AM
Maybe they should have a second footy side over there.
Side splitting stuff right there. Funnily enough, despite their woeful performance Freo's not far from filling the stadium.

AndyP
11th May 2009, 11:51 PM
The Saints are getting a bit scary. They don't have the Cats until Rd 14, and I'm glad the Hawks don't get them until Rd 19.

jd_FRANK
12th May 2009, 05:22 AM
I thought the Saints had missed their "Premiership window" but they are certainly looking the goods now, especially after smashing the Pies. If only Robert Harvey had hung on for one more year...you'd have to feel really sorry for him if they won the flag

chappy1970
12th May 2009, 08:52 AM
I know we only knocked off an undermanned Collingwood, but it felt awesome

Flowergirl
12th May 2009, 09:00 AM
Yep - the Saints were awesome. Just wish it wasn't against my team.:shock:

Moe Norman
12th May 2009, 09:13 AM
I expected a 10 goal loss, so to lose by 15 was disappointing.

No Didak, Medhurst, Davis, Anthony and Beams hurt a bit - but the Saints are so good it would have merely reduced the margin.

PeteyD
13th May 2009, 07:26 AM
I thought your balck and white turkeys might do it this year. Looking more like the Saints and Dogs to challenge the pussies I think.

Yossarian
16th May 2009, 10:07 PM
First of all well played to the swans, i do not know WHAT dean cox was thinking with that chip backwards with five minutes to go....

But who else hates Robert Walls commentary; it is the most mundane shit i think i have ever listened to. Every week he says the most obvious things. During the Essendon Collingwood game he stated “I think the majority of fans here today would be supporting one of the two teams playing" Really Robert???? Do you think???
/rant

Moe Norman
17th May 2009, 09:54 AM
he is a first class moron.

AndyP
17th May 2009, 01:18 PM
But who else hates Robert Walls commentary;I assumed noone liked it. He is useless.
I don't know why Ch 10 not only keep him, but put him on their Monday night footy program.
I don't watch it mostly because of Walls, but apparently after the Hawks v Geelong mid season game last year, he said "I didn't see the game but insert moronic comment here". If he didn't watch one of the most anticipated games last year, even on replay, why the **** is he paid to commentate/write about football.
/another rant

Yossarian
17th May 2009, 01:41 PM
I feel reassured to know I am not alone I assumed he must have some form of popular following, after coaching two teams into oblivion and condoning the beating of one of his players you can see why he should be such a sought after commodity in the world of AFL
Andy as a Hawks fan how did you feel about Macca calling Cyril Rioli delicious?
I'll be honest it scared me, a lot.

AndyP
17th May 2009, 01:52 PM
Andy as a Hawks fan how did you feel about Macca calling Cyril Rioli delicious?
I'll be honest it scared me, a lot.

Cyril is delicious, Mitchell is tasty, Hodge is scrumptious, and Buddy really gets the juices flowing. :mrgreen:

Yossarian
17th May 2009, 02:01 PM
He has to be one of the most homo erotic to ever call a game of AFL, still he is about five million time ahead of Robert Walls.
I didn't actually see the game this week how did the Hawks/Dockers play?

AndyP
17th May 2009, 04:21 PM
The Dockers owned us for most of the game, but we had a good patch in the second quarter and we held onto our lead thanks to Freo's choking/uselessness. I'll take it.

LarryLong
17th May 2009, 08:18 PM
As much as I hate Walls, I could listen to hours of his negative crap if it meant never having to listen to Bruce McAvaney calling a game of footy.

Fishman Dan
17th May 2009, 10:52 PM
I don't mind Walls. If you can sift through his way of delivering, he has great insight into the game.

Yossarian
17th May 2009, 10:57 PM
He has insights? Like his article in the West Australian this friday just gone talking about the dockers. He stated look out for these six youngsters to lead the freo charge.
He listed Rhys Palmer and Chris Mayne, both not playing nor will be in the foreseeable future, super insight Robert.

Fishman Dan
19th May 2009, 07:11 AM
Sorry, I didn't read the West Australian... and in Sydney our exposure to footy literature is limited to the internet.

I don't mind his commentary of live footy.

AndyP
19th May 2009, 07:52 AM
It looks like my assumption was wrong then.

jd_FRANK
19th May 2009, 08:47 AM
As a Bombers supported I couldn't stand him commentating on Essendon games when Sheedy was coach. They had a long-lasting feud and Walls never said a good thing about Essendon. He's much more positive about them now that Knights is in charge, but I'm still sick of how he'll pick up on something in the first quarter and then repeat it every 3 minutes for the remainder of the game. Sure it was a 'special comment' the first time but it stops becoming special by the 17th time.

Ned
19th May 2009, 10:56 AM
Terry Wallace..........Gone............Maybe............ ...... (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,25505241-5018851,00.html)

jd_FRANK
19th May 2009, 11:54 AM
nope...

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=815440 (http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=815440)

AndyP
19th May 2009, 12:13 PM
He really does have the gift of the gab doesn't he?

jd_FRANK
19th May 2009, 12:14 PM
Let's hope he can take over from Wallsy!

LarryLong
19th May 2009, 12:20 PM
Is that the sound of journos gnashing their teeth? :)

AndyP
24th May 2009, 07:19 PM
How tight is the ladder? If the Hawks had have flogged the Dees like they should have, they could have been third, instead they are seventh.

jd_FRANK
24th May 2009, 07:42 PM
Definitely wasted opportunity by the Hawks, outscored 5 goals to 1 in the last quarter. Can't believe the Dons are in 4th...loving it! Would be good if we could actually manage 2 wins in a row though...the form line is WLWLWLWLW, with the Cats this week...

Fishman Dan
24th May 2009, 07:45 PM
How tight is the ladder? If the Hawks had have flogged the Dees like they should have, they could have been third, instead they are seventh.

What's worse is that lazy spoil attempt on Sylvia on the siren could see (whoever it was) rubbed out for a week or two.

just
24th May 2009, 08:17 PM
Great win by the Swannies! The Lions made a good run at the Saints too.

Fishman Dan
24th May 2009, 08:27 PM
Swans were awesome today. They are such a good team when Hall wants to play footy and get involved.

Minor_Threat
30th May 2009, 03:34 PM
Dogs are tearing the Swans a new one..

Kicked 13 in a row to lead by 69 at half time!

Go the kennel. :D :D

LarryLong
30th May 2009, 04:26 PM
Thought the doggies might struggle to back up after the agonising loss against the cats. They're under the radar again this year with the saints and cats going so well, but a top four spot looks pretty safe for the dogs this season. I'd love to see a saints vs dogs grand final this year.

PeteyD
30th May 2009, 05:25 PM
Saints to fade out as normal ;)

AndyP
30th May 2009, 05:47 PM
My boys have done a wonderful job of getting the underdog status that they love so much back, despite being premiers.

just
30th May 2009, 07:57 PM
:cry:

PeteyD
30th May 2009, 08:35 PM
Yea, Wot happened just?

just
30th May 2009, 08:44 PM
I don't think they have the committment this year, and too many old players. But then you never know what you are going to get with the Swans.

AndyP
3rd June 2009, 09:54 PM
If you haven't seen this Fox Sports report on Daniel Motlop, then you must have a look at his goal skills in this clip.
i15rmZ4lai4
The grandstand shot is my favourite.

Yossarian
3rd June 2009, 09:56 PM
That is freakish!

PeteyD
4th June 2009, 08:18 AM
Those guys practice that crap all the time. It is not freakish so much as lots of hard work.

just
4th June 2009, 08:24 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3048/2417466148_dd2898b143.jpg?v=0

PeteyD
4th June 2009, 08:37 AM
Yea yea. It is freakish when they pull it off in a game under pressure etc.

AndyP
4th June 2009, 08:42 AM
MSUcsxWEcLY

Rioli is making a habit of doing something very special every week.
7IlVy8P06Bo

Yossarian
4th June 2009, 10:57 AM
The one from the grandstand gets practised every week???

Yossarian
13th June 2009, 10:10 PM
Jade Ravlings one from one.

Bloody eagles.

Minor_Threat
13th June 2009, 10:10 PM
Go the Kennel..

Yossarian
13th June 2009, 10:14 PM
Port power are a disgrace. For a team that are meant to be top eight material.
I think choco could be looking for vork next year.

just
14th June 2009, 05:26 PM
Ban someone, Andy. It'll make the frustration of the loss easier to bear.:razz:

AndyP
14th June 2009, 09:06 PM
You were quiet last week.

I think our season is now over.

Bruce
14th June 2009, 09:09 PM
No over - but it is quite the hangover.

Another couple of spews like today and you might start to feel better.

just
14th June 2009, 09:18 PM
You were quiet last week.

I think our season is now over.

I think I am going to be quiet for most of the season. It's not looking good, for the Swannies.

kingslayer33
14th June 2009, 09:25 PM
I think I am going to be quiet for most of the season. It's not looking good, for the Swannies.

But still marginally better than for my boys Just.

Our only consolation could be picks 1 & 2 if the wet toast boys don't start performing like carltank of 2007.

LarryLong
14th June 2009, 09:30 PM
Hey Andy, I hear Terry Wallace is looking for a job if Clarko has lost the players. :mrgreen:

This will be my last football-related sledge for quite some time methinks. Richmond's next opponent: St. Kilda. :smt087

zigwah
21st June 2009, 09:24 PM
Here come the pies boys, top 4 and Didak on fire!

AndyP
26th June 2009, 10:04 PM
Will the real Carlton please stand up?

markTHEblake
26th June 2009, 10:09 PM
They are

Yossarian
26th June 2009, 10:10 PM
Don't tell me the score it hasn't started in WA yet.

PS
The eagles are going to smash the hawks the weekend.

Minor_Threat
26th June 2009, 10:11 PM
Will the real Carlton please stand up?Pretenders..

markTHEblake
26th June 2009, 10:15 PM
Don't tell me the score it hasn't started in WA yet

Essendon 124 - Carlton 66 about 10 mins left

AndyP
26th June 2009, 11:41 PM
What sort of dumbarse reads an AFL thread when they don't want to know the score? I know, a Western Australian.

Fishman Dan
27th June 2009, 09:23 AM
Is it 2005/6/7 still?

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 01:21 PM
I was joking Andy, I was going to bed in ten minutes so I didn't really care about the score.

zigwah
27th June 2009, 05:54 PM
Go Pies!! Now thats what i call a blowout!! very winnable next 5 games

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 10:35 PM
Don't tell me the score it hasn't started in WA yet.

PS
The eagles are going to smash the hawks the weekend.

:mrgreen:

AndyP
27th June 2009, 10:36 PM
I think our season is now over.And there's confirmation. At least I can release that glimmer of hope that I had now.

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 10:37 PM
In both sides defense those conditions and the umpiring were awful.
The hawks needed to bomb it in more in that third term.

AndyP
27th June 2009, 10:41 PM
Why would you bomb it forward when you've got hacks like Roughead and Franklin in the forward line? That's silly talk, Yoss!

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah I should never go into coaching... Although you think Clarkson would have had to have been yelling that at them.
Good to see Naitanuiget amongst it and some of young eagles really stepping up a bit.

Mitchell was really good for you guys but I can't think of another really clear winner, actually Roughead was very good when you got the ball to him.

What did you think of the umpiring?

AndyP
27th June 2009, 10:49 PM
Eagles got a bit of a rough deal in a couple of line ball decisions that cost goals. There were some that were there that the crowd didn't like because they cost goals too. I gave up on umpires long ago. Dropping the ball aka illegal disposal (Now I have it, now I don't) got ripped out of the rule book years ago.

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 10:51 PM
Eagles got a bit of a rough deal in a couple of line ball decisions that cost goals. There were some that were there that the crowd didn't like because they cost goals too. I gave up on umpires long ago. Dropping the ball aka illegal disposal (Now I have it, now I don't) got ripped out of the rule book years ago.

Every game I watch I yell this at the TV, I am only 23 but I grew up with this rule and now its not there??? I actually emailed the AFL about it but got nothing back.

The umpire from WA should be shot.

Johnny Canuck
27th June 2009, 10:58 PM

It's funny that you guys post this.

Being a Canadian, I have been learning the rules the past few years.

The past 4 years I have had a G/F party, in which we play footy afterwards. I have got called on the illegal disposal numerous times when I tried to bounce it and failed. After I saw Natinui's (sp) third goal, I thought the boys were taking the piss out of me about the rule. Do they ever call this??

Fishman Dan
27th June 2009, 10:59 PM

This is shitting me to tears. I can't see how it benefits the game, "prior opportunity" is out the window, so there's no reward for good tackling, which just promotes more of this keepings off crap.

Add to that the unwillingness to bounce the ball when a pack lies on the ball, with seemingly no escape. It ends up being a rugby union ruck - not attractive way to play the game.

AndyP
27th June 2009, 11:01 PM
In the late 90s, it seemed to be just a few sides dropping the ball, like North and the Weagles. Matera was a master at it. Now it's just part of the game and it shits me. A little pissy handball in front is one thing, but clearly dropping it should be stamped out. Of course, it won't be.

How about that Barry Hall? Great punch to the face. Will he ever learn? I don't think so. He's too stupid.

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 11:05 PM
They actually did call a couple of dropping the balls tonight, I think.
The consistency with the application of the rules was not there tonight at all though.
Which is unfortunate because I thought the maggots had been doing an ok job up until now.

AndyP
27th June 2009, 11:10 PM
They actually did call a couple of dropping the balls tonight, I think.I don't believe you. I bet it was some other rule they used for the freekick. I don't know if "dropping the ball" as a rule actually exists, but "illegal disposal" like a throw surely does. I just don't see the umpires signalling that when they pay freekicks. It's either holding the ball or holding the man.

Minor_Threat
27th June 2009, 11:11 PM
Geelong are masters of dropping the ball, it become so ridiculous that I struggle to watch their games now..

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah I have had a few so I could have just been my interpretation of it. I swear I heard on of the umpires say it though.

I do think it is the biggest blight in the game at the moment though. Rewards shit footy.

Minor_Threat
27th June 2009, 11:17 PM
It's funny that you guys post this.

Being a Canadian, I have been learning the rules the past few years.

The past 4 years I have had a G/F party, in which we play footy afterwards. I have got called on the illegal disposal numerous times when I tried to bounce it and failed. After I saw Natinui's (sp) third goal, I thought the boys were taking the piss out of me about the rule. Do they ever call this??You can't get called for illegal disposal when trying to bounce the ball..

You can get caught "holding the ball" if you get tackled while trying to bounce the ball however!

AndyP
27th June 2009, 11:23 PM
You're technically still in possession when bouncing the ball.

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 11:30 PM
You're technically still in possession when bouncing the ball.

Always a great time to nail someone in a tackle....

Minor_Threat
27th June 2009, 11:30 PM
You're technically still in possession when bouncing the ball.What is that supposed to mean?

You are not disposing of the ball when you try to bounce it though are you? and it most definitely isn't incorrect disposal if you stuff up the bounce..

Bruce
27th June 2009, 11:43 PM
I think the last two games at Subiaco have been the worst umpired this year. Geelong v Freo was appalling and tonight was worse.

Bouncing while tackled is a subset of the incorrect disposal.

Where the field Umpire is satisfied that a Player in possession
of the football:
(a) has had a prior opportunity to dispose of the football, the
field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against that Player
if the Player does not Kick or Handball the football
immediately when he or she is Correctly Tackled;

A bounce is neither a handpass nor a kick. But if you aren't correctly tackled then the rule cannot apply.

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 11:47 PM
I didn't see the Freo game last week, but have heard it was an absolute shocker.
I did see the replay of that holding the ball though... What that umpire was thinking is beyond me.

Johnny Canuck
27th June 2009, 11:51 PM
What is that supposed to mean?

You are not disposing of the ball when you try to bounce it though are you? and it most definitely isn't incorrect disposal if you stuff up the bounce..

I would be running, try and bounce and have it bounce away and get nailed on it. Got to the point where I would bend down and touch it and risk getting nailed as I got tired of the incorrect disposal call.

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 11:52 PM
I think the are having a lend of you JC....

Johnny Canuck
27th June 2009, 11:53 PM
I think they are mildly retarded.

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 11:54 PM
Is this down Rockingham way? :)

zigwah
27th June 2009, 11:56 PM
In the late 90s, it seemed to be just a few sides dropping the ball, like North and the Weagles. Matera was a master at it. Now it's just part of the game and it shits me. A little pissy handball in front is one thing, but clearly dropping it should be stamped out. Of course, it won't be.

How about that Barry Hall? Great punch to the face. Will he ever learn? I don't think so. He's too stupid.

You can't get called for illegal disposal when trying to bounce the ball..

You can get caught "holding the ball" if you get tackled while trying to bounce the ball however!

Yes you can, if you have a bounce you had prior oppertunity to get rid of the ball.

Minor_Threat
28th June 2009, 01:00 PM
Yes you can, if you have a bounce you had prior oppertunity to get rid of the ball.I think you might want to re-read what I posted champ.. :roll::roll::roll:

AndyP
28th June 2009, 05:42 PM
What is that supposed to mean?

You are not disposing of the ball when you try to bounce it though are you? and it most definitely isn't incorrect disposal if you stuff up the bounce..I was agreeing with you. I'm sorry, I promise it won't happen again.

Minor_Threat
28th June 2009, 05:44 PM
I was agreeing with you. I'm sorry, I promise it won't happen again.No dramas mate, your post was a bit vague and I had no idea what you meant by it?

Its all good!

zigwah
28th June 2009, 06:52 PM
I think you might want to re-read what I posted champ.. :roll::roll::roll:

They are both the same if you get caught in a tackle and don't dispose of it if you had prior opportunity you get pinged BALLLLLLLLLLL!!!

If your running and take a bounce and get tackled same call BALLLLLLL!!!

Minor_Threat
28th June 2009, 06:58 PM
They are both the same if you get caught in a tackle and don't dispose of it if you had prior opportunity you get pinged BALLLLLLLLLLL!!!

If your running and take a bounce and get tackled same call BALLLLLLL!!!Mate you have got no idea. You come in at the end of a discussion and think you know wht your talking about!

The past 4 years I have had a G/F party, in which we play footy afterwards. I have got called on the illegal disposal numerous times when I tried to bounce it and failed.

We were discussing JC getting pulled up by his mates for "incorrect disposal" when he attempted to bounce the ball and it didn't come back to him! There was never any mention of him getting tackled while trying to bounce it..

zigwah
28th June 2009, 07:10 PM
Even if you bounce the ball and it doesnt come back to you, it's still, illegal disposal.

Minor_Threat
28th June 2009, 07:12 PM
Even if you bounce the ball and it doesnt come back to you, it's still, illegal disposal.You just confirmed you have no idea..

Thanks!

Yossarian
28th June 2009, 07:15 PM
I'm not a huge rules junkie but as far as I am aware Minor Threat is right.

zacdullard
28th June 2009, 07:33 PM
Man the roos have had a rough year. Another loss today :smt013

PeteyD
28th June 2009, 07:56 PM
A missed bounce is illegal disposal if you get tackled in the middle of it? But if it misses on the run it is just a loose ball?

Minor_Threat
28th June 2009, 07:58 PM
A missed bounce is illegal disposal if you get tackled in the middle of it? But if it misses on the run it is just a loose ball?Yep exactly..

Edit: However it is not "illegal disposal" but in fact "Holding the Ball"..

Yossarian
28th June 2009, 08:04 PM
A missed bounce is illegal disposal if you get tackled in the middle of it? But if it misses on the run it is just a loose ball?

Natinui's bounce last night is the perfect example of this.

Jarro
29th June 2009, 07:09 AM
What's the deal with that Barry Hall clown ?

Can't he go one game without punching someone in the head ?

PeteyD
29th June 2009, 07:18 AM
Yep exactly..

Edit: However it is not "illegal disposal" but in fact "Holding the Ball"..

Thanks for that. Thought it was the case.

PeteyD
29th June 2009, 07:22 AM

Can't he go one game without punching someone in the head ?

See below

Minor_Threat
29th June 2009, 07:50 AM

Can't he go one game without punching someone in the head ?He's practising for his career after footy..

Seriously though, the time has come for he Swans to piss him off, he is a liability!

Bruce
29th June 2009, 08:25 AM
The Swans wont have too much choice in the matter as he is likely to get an enforced holiday for half the remaining games.

markTHEblake
29th June 2009, 06:54 PM
No dramas mate, your post was a bit vague and I had no idea what you meant by it?

I get the same thing watching the footy and trying to understand this rule. Having never played the game but being an armchair supporter for 30 years this is the one thing that frustrates me, cos i just dont get it.

I have had it explained over and over but what i see on the telly just doesnt make sense with what i have been told. I see all the time blokes get tackled and the ball gets jolted free, and its play on.

I realise that if he gets a little ambiguous handball or kick away its play on, but i guess this is something i may never ever know.

Could be just a collingwood thing, cos we never get free kicks.

zigwah
2nd July 2009, 01:04 PM
Jimmy Stynes good luck buddy hope you get through it

AndyP
2nd July 2009, 01:07 PM
You could at least tell us what the news is, zigwah, since the press conference was only a few moments ago, and web media hasn't updated yet.

zigwah
2nd July 2009, 01:08 PM
has cancer

zigwah
2nd July 2009, 01:09 PM
Apparently it has spread to a few places in his body and he's standing down as president of Melbourne footy club

AndyP
2nd July 2009, 01:09 PM
Nevermind, I chased down a live blog.

Unfortunately, it's that nasty cancer.

Yossarian
2nd July 2009, 01:14 PM
Poor bloke. Best of luck to him.

Jarro
2nd July 2009, 02:02 PM
Poor bloke. Best of luck to him.

Yeah, i just saw his press conference on FoxSports .... it was really hard to watch, poor buggar :(

Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery :smt023