PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Greetings one and all!

clikchic
5th December 2004, 04:46 PM
Hope you have a fabulous Christmas this year! Mine will be sweet just as soon as we get that darn aircon that has been sitting at our house for two weeks installed! Oh and as soon as goughy decides to stop playing golf and get on with the renovations! :cry:

Anyway! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
http://www.clikchic.com/ChristmasCard2004-2.jpg

Golfgirl
8th December 2004, 01:41 PM
All the best for Christmas and the New Year, everyone....

(this is the first Christmas for Matt and I without either of our families.... )

(And, Robyn - 98 days to go - hope all is proceeding well.... I'm looking forward to the good news next year.... :D )

clikchic
8th December 2004, 05:28 PM
All the best for Christmas and the New Year, everyone....

(this is the first Christmas for Matt and I without either of our families.... )

(And, Robyn - 98 days to go - hope all is proceeding well.... I'm looking forward to the good news next year.... :D )

Thanks Golfgirl! ;-)

Yes, thankfully to date all is going really well. I can't remember if I mentioned it here but we had a 3d scan at 19wks and all is looking really good. I will be having another scan at around 30wks to double check everything but hopefully there won't be anything new to show!

I am hanging for March to come so I can have this baby safe and sound in my arms! :-)

Keza_G
8th December 2004, 05:57 PM
Merry Christmas to you all from me and mine to you and yours....

Best of care with your new edition :smt023 ...... I shall keep an eye open for the arrival..... :smt059 (precious little angels aren't they !!!) you know, I couldn't wait for my 4 year old to talk, now I can't wait for her to sleep so I can have some peace.....! but my 2 year old is slowly becoming a little miss talk-a-lot....

By the way, what a lovely Chrissie piccy..... :smt114 :smt114

Cheers

Keza

clikchic
8th December 2004, 06:18 PM
Merry Christmas to you all from me and mine to you and yours....

Best of care with your new edition :smt023 ...... I shall keep an eye open for the arrival..... :smt059 (precious little angels aren't they !!!) you know, I couldn't wait for my 4 year old to talk, now I can't wait for her to sleep so I can have some peace.....! but my 2 year old is slowly becoming a little miss talk-a-lot....

By the way, what a lovely Chrissie piccy..... :smt114 :smt114

Cheers

Keza

he he, yes Miss two is quite a talkative soul herself.....she takes after her father! LOL It seems I am the only quiet one in the family so far at least!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Ducky
8th December 2004, 07:31 PM
Merry Christmas!

:smt114

Flowergirl
9th December 2004, 08:35 AM
And a Merry Xmas to one and all.

Clickchic..............us girls ( and probably some of the guys too) would love to hear progress reports on your baby. Please - start up a dedicated thread and keep us posted. My very best wishes are with you all. :smt039

burger
9th December 2004, 12:54 PM
clikchick - - how good are those 3D scans!

Wendy works for GE (the company who makes them) so we had a looooong scan done by one of the techos in-house.

The golden baby images are unbelievable . . .

all the best for your remaining term.

stu

BrisVegas
9th December 2004, 01:00 PM

Wendy works for GE (the company who makes them) so we had a looooong scan done by one of the techos in-house.

We're having our 19 week scan tomorrow, so I wonder if that 3D scan will be done. At the 12 week scan, it was hard to tell what it was. Looked more like a couple of golf balls.. Hope they're ProV1's :lol:

Hard to believe there's a little person in there....

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to ya's. :wink:

Trung
9th December 2004, 01:50 PM
Merry Christmas!

Where is your standard signature? :D

Kind Regards (Ben)

Ducky

amanda
9th December 2004, 04:06 PM
I received my first Xmas card in the mail today - I am sooo far behind!

Haven't even put my tree up yet - I've got friends coming over for lunch on Sat - I might rope them into helping me decorate :)

Ducky
9th December 2004, 05:34 PM
Merry Christmas!

Where is your standard signature?
Apologies...

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

:smt023

Golfgirl
9th December 2004, 06:56 PM
And a Merry Xmas to one and all.

Clickchic..............us girls ( and probably some of the guys too) would love to hear progress reports on your baby. Please - start up a dedicated thread and keep us posted. My very best wishes are with you all. :smt039

yup - that'd be good - bring back memories, since I'll only be having the one.... :D

Haven't even put my tree up yet - I've got friends coming over for lunch on Sat - I might rope them into helping me decorate

ha ha ha ha - I'll get Mitchell to help..... that'll be fun :? :shock: :lol:

AndyP
9th December 2004, 08:06 PM
yup - that'd be good - bring back memories, since I'll only be having the one.... :D
Really? :shock: You've had enough?

Golfgirl
9th December 2004, 08:17 PM
Well, I'd never say never Andy, but that is the general consensus of opinion here atm.....

I had a really, really hard time getting Mitchell into the world, so I'm not too worried about not having to do it all again....

I still get clucky when I see little babies - Matt does too - we love to give them a cuddle and try and get them to smile... but we are ok with things as they are.... (and Mitchell's turned out to be just a beautiful, bubbly, bright little fella)

amanda
10th December 2004, 08:08 AM
Haven't even put my tree up yet - I've got friends coming over for lunch on Sat - I might rope them into helping me decorate

ha ha ha ha - I'll get Mitchell to help..... that'll be fun :? :shock: :lol:
I can't wait - we'll give him the plastic ornaments and keep him away from the handmade glass ones!

clikchic
10th December 2004, 10:29 AM
Well, I'd never say never Andy, but that is the general consensus of opinion here atm.....

I had a really, really hard time getting Mitchell into the world, so I'm not too worried about not having to do it all again....

I still get clucky when I see little babies - Matt does too - we love to give them a cuddle and try and get them to smile... but we are ok with things as they are.... (and Mitchell's turned out to be just a beautiful, bubbly, bright little fella)

I don't envy those who have had difficult births! Jaz was breech and so it was a c-sect for her, and then Jacob was a mini c-sect and so at this point I would be very surprised if this baby isn't a c-sect! I just don't want to take the risk of rupturing one of the two scars I have.

For one c-sect the risk sits at around 2% but even that is too much for me given it can cause death or brain damage to the baby and the need for a hysterectomy for the mum... ok, if the baby was ok that wouldn't be a big deal since we only want two, but there is no way I am taking ANY risk for this little one! My most recent c-sect was in March so the scar is a lot newer too. I suspect my ob will prefer me to have a c-sect anyway, and since he is the expert, that suits me fine..

Anyway, after that longwinded bit, I was trying to say, you could always have a planned c-sect. Planned c-sects are very safe, much more so than emergency ones.. I am sure if you have had a traumatic birth they would understand, although it might be more difficult to obtain if you are going through the public system.

I tried to tell myself I would be happy with just one after we lost Jacob but it didn't take long for that maternal urge to come back! LOL After all we have been through tho, two is definately enough for us! Financially and emotionally.

Anyway! Enough rambling! Thanks for your request for updates on our pg! ;-) I will start a thread shortly!

clikchic
10th December 2004, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the nice xmas card Clik.
You've inspired me to take the camera home on the weekend and work on my own 69er xmas greeting card. :smt114

He he, you will have to post a copy here for all to see! ;-)

clikchic
10th December 2004, 10:52 AM
[quote="clikchic"]Hope you have a fabulous Christmas this year! Mine will be sweet just as soon as we get that darn aircon that has been sitting at our house for two weeks installed! [quote]

Wahoo! As of yesterday our aircon is installed! YEAH! Unfortunately the weather is not exactly giving us reason to use it! LOL Either way I am happy as long as I don't have to endure the heat over summer!

clikchic
10th December 2004, 11:04 AM

all the best for your remaining term.

stu

Those scans are great aren't they! I loved it! I wish I could go again but I can't see myself being able to talk goughy into another trip to Brisbane for it.. I will have to make do with my regular ob's scan at 30wks.

My SIL is a radiographer and part of her job is to switch on the ultrasound machines when she starts work so every few days she would hop on and give herself a scan to have a look at baby! I am sooo jeolous!

Thanks for the well wishes!

clikchic
10th December 2004, 11:06 AM
We're having our 19 week scan tomorrow, so I wonder if that 3D scan will be done. At the 12 week scan, it was hard to tell what it was. Looked more like a couple of golf balls.. Hope they're ProV1's :lol:

Hard to believe there's a little person in there....

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to ya's. :wink:

Have fun at the scan! The 19wk scan is pretty awesome even without the 3D! ;-) It probably depends on where you go as there are only a few places around that have the 3D machines. They don't have any in Toowoomba and we had to travel to Brisbane to have ours done..

You will have to post pics if you can! ;-)

Golfgirl
10th December 2004, 12:45 PM
Anyway, after that longwinded bit, I was trying to say, you could always have a planned c-sect. Planned c-sects are very safe, much more so than emergency ones.. I am sure if you have had a traumatic birth they would understand, although it might be more difficult to obtain if you are going through the public system.

I tried to tell myself I would be happy with just one after we lost Jacob but it didn't take long for that maternal urge to come back! LOL After all we have been through tho, two is definately enough for us! Financially and emotionally.

Yes, that's true Robyn, but I guess we will just see what happens.... (we'll probably have to try and spend a bit more time together for something like that to happen though.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: )

clikchic
10th December 2004, 12:57 PM
Yes, that's true Robyn, but I guess we will just see what happens.... (we'll probably have to try and spend a bit more time together for something like that to happen though.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: )

LOL That helps! He he!