PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Monday 5th Jan - Somewhere

mikezone13
31st December 2008, 11:23 AM
Hey Sydney clan, anyone interested for an open day hit somewhere on Monday 5th?

At this stage I have no ideas where but if worst comes to worst I'm happy to host at my club, Eastlake (but I'd prefer to play somewhere else).

Let me know if you're interested and what time/location you'd be keen for.

1. mikezone13
2. Sydney Hacker

mz13

Sydney Hacker
31st December 2008, 12:53 PM
Hey Mikezone,

I am keen for a hit but time will depend on where we end up playing. I have to drop the kid off at daycare around 7.30 (in Hornsby) so I would need time to get to the game from there.

mikezone13
31st December 2008, 01:40 PM
I ahven't rung around but typical Monday options are...

Bonnie Doon
Castle Hill
Dunheved
Eastlake - my home track
Liverpool
Long Reef
Muirfield
Strathfield
Wakehurst

I'm on the lower North Shore (Mosman) so happy to check out Long Reef or Wakehurst if either interest you or others.

Sydney Hacker
31st December 2008, 03:11 PM
I haven't played Long Reef for a couple of years, do you want to try there ? Plus it is probably the easiest/quickest for me to get to.

Should we wait a day or so to see if anyone wants to join us or would you like me to call them ?

mikezone13
31st December 2008, 04:59 PM
I'll buzz them tomorrow around midday and see what they've got. Can you PM me your name, club and golflink number.

If anyone else is interested let me know asap!

Cheers,
mike

macjackass
31st December 2008, 07:13 PM
Ooooh, I love Long reef. I'm keen if the time is not too late. Have to work in the afternoon.

Sydney Hacker
31st December 2008, 07:48 PM
The earliest I could commit to being there would be 9.00, that gives me a little time if traffic is bad.

If that doesn't fit in with either of you gents, feel free to play when it suits and I will organise another game.

Cheers!

mikezone13
2nd January 2009, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately Long Reef is full for Monday, they said to check back on Sunday, any other options you guys are keen on?

How about Bonnie Doon, tee times vailable from 11am through Golflink for $45.

Let me know.

macjackass
2nd January 2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry, too late for me.

Sydney Hacker
2nd January 2009, 12:15 PM
Sorry Mike,

She who must be obeyed has just informed me she has made an appointment for me on Monday.

Hope you find a game somewhere, if you are still on leave any other days next week I am going to try and play Tuesday or Wednesday somewhere.

mikezone13
2nd January 2009, 02:54 PM
No worries guys... I'll definitely be hitting around somewhere on the Monday.

Unfortunately back in the office from Tuesday :(

Johnny Canuck
2nd January 2009, 03:11 PM
Hey Mike (or anyone else in NSW),

Long Reef is my favorite course on the planet. It was the first course that I really startd playing when I left Canada and I just fell in love with the place. Good memories.

The next time you head there, can you pick my up a ball marker? By itself if possible, or on a hat clip if they don't sell them separate. (Divot tool ok as well)

I have recently started collecting them and would love one from LR more than anywhere else. Being on the west coast, I don't know when I'll get out there again anytime soon.

I'll send you the money if you can do this for me.

JC

mikezone13
2nd January 2009, 03:25 PM
It is a really good track... some of the best greens going around, very very true and it's always a challenge when the wind is even slightly up, although not much danger off the tee your irons need to be on song.

I'll let you know next time I head on out, although you could message TS from here as he was (probably still is) a member there.

mikezone13
2nd January 2009, 03:28 PM
Sorry, too late for me.

If you're keen fro somewhere early let me know...

Can play Eastlake at 9:15am if you're interested

Grunt
2nd January 2009, 03:41 PM
Would have loved to have joined you Mike but I have to go into work on Monday for a meeting at 10. Bugger this actually giving a shit about work :?

Johnny Canuck
2nd January 2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks Mike.

mikezone13
2nd January 2009, 04:07 PM
Would have loved to have joined you Mike but I have to go into work on Monday for a meeting at 10. Bugger this actually giving a shit about work :?

No probs mate, enjoy your meeting ;)

Grunt
2nd January 2009, 04:25 PM
yeah thanks, just hope some decent Career prospects come from it. I have got a few little rewards for my recent work.

virge666
2nd January 2009, 05:20 PM
What is the latest Mike ?

Might be up for myself and one other if you are still out and about...

mikezone13
2nd January 2009, 05:29 PM
What is the latest Mike ?

Might be up for myself and one other if you are still out and about...

Happy to play anywhere (any time) mate, just let me know... Bonnie Doon is an option, as is Eastlake or any other Monday comps (except Long Reef).

What are you interested in?

virge666
3rd January 2009, 12:28 AM
Will come back to you - Eastlake / St Micks sounds good - been a while

mikezone13
4th January 2009, 06:44 AM
Any word mate?

SMS please as I'm away from a PC most of today.

virge666
4th January 2009, 08:17 PM
Done !

Scottt
9th January 2009, 03:51 AM
How'd you play fellas?

mikezone13
9th January 2009, 10:04 AM
One of us 'OK' the other "not so OK"

Virge 32 or 33 pts, me a spectacular 26pts after birding the first and being even par after 5 or 6 holes - ouch