7/14 effective tee-shots.
11/18 effective approaches.
2/4 up and down successes.
32 putts.
-----------------
1 birdie.
11 pars.
6 bogeys.

Score 40-37-77 stab 19-23-42pts (Par 36-36-72 CCR 70)

I could only find one instance where I've hit the target with that many approaches. The irons just seemed to go straight today, which makes golf a lot easier for me, as I'd back myself to 2 putt nearly all the time.

A bizarro world stat is that I has 1 under for the four par 3s, and bogeyed each of the four par 5s. It's usually the other way around.

I went into the day debating whether the extra 0.1 on my handicap was worth $10, and find myself now dropping 0.8 to 10.5.

Next round: Tomorrow in the back marker comp at Carbrook. I'm not sure what to expect, but I think it will be a lot tougher.

PeteyD
30th December 2008, 07:52 PM
Maybe 32 putts?

adlo
30th December 2008, 08:11 PM
Nice round AndyP :smt038

And 42 points with 42 putts :shock:

Courty
30th December 2008, 09:39 PM
Gotta be 32 putts, but either way, nice round. 8)

shazza_rs
30th December 2008, 09:40 PM
32 putts and 42 points????

AndyP
30th December 2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks.
Yes, 32 putts. I can't imagine ever having 42 putts. I must have had 42 on the brain.

Oh, and moved to a new thread.

Courty
31st December 2008, 05:27 PM
After not even getting a start due to rain this morning, I planned on doing some shores etc. for the rest of the day, but a mate rang up with a free spot in his afternoon group and convinced me to fill it.

Almost everything went perfect today, as I blew my new handicap out of the water with 41 pts in very, very wet conditions. I'll no doubt drop another shot and have to alter my '08 Review for the 3rd time. :roll:

75 gross/ 41 pts
8 fairways
8 greens
27 putts

3 Birdies
9 Pars
6 Bogies

adlo
31st December 2008, 06:18 PM
Nice stuff Courty, good way to finish the year!

haysey
31st December 2008, 09:33 PM
After not even getting a start due to rain this morning, I planned on doing some shores etc. for the rest of the day, but a mate rang up with a free spot in his afternoon group and convinced me to fill it.

Almost everything went perfect today, as I blew my new handicap out of the water with 41 pts in very, very wet conditions. I'll no doubt drop another shot and have to alter my '08 Review for the 3rd time. :roll:

75 gross/ 41 pts
8 fairways
8 greens
27 putts

3 Birdies
9 Pars
6 Bogies

FFS:roll:

I'm sitting in the hospital today consoling myself that at least its to wet for anyone else to play and I'm not missing out on anything, only to come home to this:razz:

A little birdie tells me not only was this 3 over round on a complete boghole of a golf course. There was an airswing and a 3 putt in there as well:twisted:

Nice shooting Courty, good to see that handicap moving in the direction it should be:smt038

Courty
31st December 2008, 10:37 PM
A little birdie tells me...

:roll:

As opposed to a BIG BIRDie? ;)

Julie
1st January 2009, 07:45 AM
FFS:roll:

I'm sitting in the hospital today consoling myself that at least its to wet for anyone else to play and I'm not missing out on anything, only to come home to this:razz:

A little birdie tells me not only was this 3 over round on a complete boghole of a golf course. There was an airswing and a 3 putt in there as well:twisted:

Nice shooting Courty, good to see that handicap moving in the direction it should be:smt038

Haysey, why were you in hospital.
Are you okay.

haysey
1st January 2009, 08:06 AM
Haysey, why were you in hospital.
Are you okay.

Not me Julie, the wife has had a rather rough week, hopefully she'll be out Friday or Saturday;)

AndyP
1st January 2009, 02:19 PM
31/12/2008, Carbrook GC, Shark Challenge

10/14 effective tee-shots.
3/18 effective approaches.
5/11 up and down successes.
34 putts.
-----------------
7 pars.
6 bogeys.
5 others.

Score 46-42-88 nett 77 (Par 36-35-71 CCR 72)

I couldn't quite back up my round from the day before. The start was a little scratchy, as there just wasn't that many opportunities to use irons into greens on the longer course, but I was thereabouts. However, I had a bad few holes in the middle from some mental lapses, then threw a couple of holes away mucking around once I knew the score was gone. I decided that it wasn't going to be too enjoyable doing that, so recommitted myself and had +2 over the last 7 holes (which is a tough stretch).

Overall, I'm disappointed with a few holes, but happy that I carried over some good form from the day before.

Next round: Once again I find myself with no upcoming golf commitments.

Bruce
1st January 2009, 04:07 PM
Went round Sanctuary Lakes with Swanny today.

It was blowing really hard by the end. According to BoM it was gusting to 70km/h just as we turned into the wind for the final stretch home. I reckon 16 was playing as a par 6 as I went Driver, 3W, 6I, 8I to reach the green.

Turned with 17 points but failed to handle adversity too well on the back 9 and leaked oil all the way for 11 on the way home. I was simply not in control of my putter as the gusts had me wobbling all over the place. The bunkers were also in pretty poor shape but I shouldn't have been in them so much.

Still fun - even if it was a tough day at the office.

Dazza
1st January 2009, 07:00 PM
Played nine holes this afternoon with the wife.
Managed to shoot 42 off the stick (5 Bogeys, 1 Double Bogey, 3 Pars) A PB for me I believe.
12 Putts. Chipped in for Par on Hole 9. Shame it was a par 3. :p
A few wayward iron shots, but managed to recover well with my pitching.
Burner TP was spot on today. Hole 6 runs alongside the driving range, landed it past the 200mt mark. The tee is 50mt behind the start of the range. :D

Wife shot another 60, with 22 putts.
Once she gets the putting sorted, she'll easily be in the 50's.
Played well from the tee today, a few duffed hybrids from the fairway.
Her iron approach shots were spot on, hit that 9 iron so well!
Chipping/pitching has improved, I've been giving her a few tips (Unsure if that's a good thing!) But it seems to be working so far.
She's now using Srixon Soft Feel Ladies balls. These things just run & run & run, was up in front of me from the tee on a few occasions!
Even managed to dodge the rain, as soon as the bags touched the ute tray it pelted down!
Timed it well.

jimandr
2nd January 2009, 07:01 PM
Oatlands today with CoffsHacker, Zipptopp and Dotty. I hit the ball really well off the ground, tee shots were OK, putting was OK, but I only got 34 points. A few bad shots at the wrong time, coupled with taking four to get down from next to the green three times meant a good score was hard to come by.

Fairways = 8 of 13
Greens in reg = 7 of 18
Putts = 33, two 3putts, zero birdies
Up&Down = 3 of 6
Sand Saves = 2 of 5

BrisVegas
2nd January 2009, 07:21 PM
snuck out for a quick (2hr 15min) 18 this arvo and of course holed everything. Birdies on 13 & 8 and eagled the par 5, 17th. Am bound to shoot 85 tomorrow. :roll:

Coffs_Hacker
2nd January 2009, 08:41 PM
30pts today at oatlands with the boys. Started solid 17pts from 9 then went to sleep from 9th-13th for 4pts total, frustrated by the end of the game after about 7-8 lipout putts.

7 fir
7 gir
35putts

Courty
2nd January 2009, 09:47 PM

75 gross/ 41 pts
8 fairways
8 greens
27 putts

3 Birdies
9 Pars
6 Bogies

The scores are in... I won the comp. That's the second comp win in less than a week. I'm a shoe-in to raise the bat at tomorrow's Monthly Medal. :roll:

BrisVegas
2nd January 2009, 09:49 PM
great stuff courty. Nice to see you posting some good scores again.

Courty
2nd January 2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks BV. It won't last. :neutral:

Eag's
2nd January 2009, 10:21 PM
Nice purple patch you are going through Courty, I hope it hangs around for you mate :smt023

PeteyD
3rd January 2009, 11:45 AM
Washed out after 9 today, nancy boy sugar babies I was playing with quit on me. Was going OK too. At least I was hitting the ball, unlike Wednesday.

mikezone13
3rd January 2009, 03:01 PM
Don't ya just hate that Pete, I ahd one guy pull out after 5 holes when it was "too hot and slow" we all thought he was joking.

As for my round today, difficult to report (DNF) - first ever one. Drove it fine, putted fine, chipped fine, hit ok irons - just couldn't score, every bad shot was terrible. Would've been about 95 gross :(

Grunt
3rd January 2009, 05:08 PM
Why would you walk off at Eastlake for once you play 6 you may as well keep playing as you are miles from the clubhouse. Or was it you never handed the card in? GolfLink has you as DQ, or is that what Eastlake do to NCR's.

Courty
3rd January 2009, 05:37 PM
I'm a shoe-in to raise the bat at tomorrow's Monthly Medal. :roll:

I wasn't far off... :roll:

My game came crashing back to earth with a big thud :cry:

94 gross/ 87 nett
4 fairways
5 greens
33 putts

1 birdie
5 pars
6 bogies
4 doubles
2 others :oops:

great stuff courty. Nice to see you posting some good scores again.

Thanks for putting the mocker on me. ;)

Eag's
3rd January 2009, 05:44 PM
Nice purple patch you are going through Courty, I hope it hangs around for you mate :smt023

Umm, you can point the finger at me as well if you like 8-[

Courty
3rd January 2009, 05:49 PM
Umm, you can point the finger at me as well if you like 8-[

:smt013

AndyP
3rd January 2009, 06:06 PM
I can't believe you are blaming other people for your own incompetence.

BTW well done on a couple of comp wins.

oz
3rd January 2009, 07:56 PM
Another fading 2nd half for me.... Solid start, but again blew a decent round with poor decisions, and no short game, finishing with 33 points.

mikezone13
4th January 2009, 05:46 AM
Why would you walk off at Eastlake for once you play 6 you may as well keep playing as you are miles from the clubhouse. Or was it you never handed the card in? GolfLink has you as DQ, or is that what Eastlake do to NCR's.

It wasn't me that walked off early, was another guy in our group a week or so before Christmas.

I made it all the way to 18 yesterday before throwing the towel in, eveyone in our group stood up on the tee trying to cut as much of the corner as possible and combined we sent 8 balls OoB).

Yeah Eastlake puts a DQ up for DNF in golflink.

BrisVegas
4th January 2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for putting the mocker on me. ;)

de nada.

fwiw, I predicted my own demise when I played too well on Friday. Went out yesterday and had 29 points....:roll:

Jarro
4th January 2009, 11:57 AM
31 points today at Nudgee.

It doesn't sound like much, but i was pretty happy that, considering it's my first time back on course since the OzGolf Champs.

Tried the new driver for the first time today too ... what beast :shock:

TM rules !!!!!!!!! ;)

just
4th January 2009, 12:27 PM
It was pretty windy out there too!

chappy1970
4th January 2009, 12:30 PM
Well lasts weeks 44 points is just a memory now.
Monthly medal yesterday from the tips, a little breeze but not much to speak of.

41 + 45 = 86/77

Not terrible, but how can 6 days make such a difference.

Eag's
4th January 2009, 05:25 PM
Played Virginia today Single Stab (novelty pin day)
Greens were very bloody slow and pins were put in novelty positions, as in each pin was cut 1m on the front, back, or side of the greens.
It made for some entertaining shots if you short sided yourself :roll:

Lousy 27 Pts
3 Greens
6 Fairways
37 Putts (7 3 putts, left everything 5 foot short) :smt013
3 Pars
9 Bogeys
5 Doubles
1 Trip

Russell
7th January 2009, 09:56 PM
played mossman monthly medal yesterday. read thread about three woods a few weeks ago and decided i was wasting my time trying to hit it. borrowed a hybrid tester from the shop for the first time and shot 85/67, won the comp.didnt realy hit the hybrid but i think it was the lack of sprayed three wood shots that got me home