PDA

View Full Version : Courses around Gosford

oz
24th December 2008, 06:20 AM
I am planning a short trip up to Gosford sometime in Late January.

Hopefully, I'll have time for a round while I am up that way. What course(s) do you recommend up there?

Andrew
24th December 2008, 06:45 AM
Oz, there is not really a lot up there of true quality unless you play Magenta Shores. That is worth getting on whatever way you can.

Koindah Waters is near by, but I don't think it's worth it. It is new, but it is just awful. (I'm sorry Golfer 69, but it is awful. I did give Magenta a plug though)

Tuggerah has some nice holes on the clubhouse property.

Both Gosford & Wyong are nice country courses, but not special. Everglades is similar & a little shorter.

Have a great time wherever you play.

oz
24th December 2008, 09:21 AM
Magenta Shores does look pretty schmick. No public access? Do we have any ozgolf members there?

mikezone13
24th December 2008, 02:02 PM
Andrew...

To be fair I thought the same the first few times I played Kooindah, however now that the rough is a bit thicker your good shots don't get penalised by hitting hills and rolling in to the close by water hazards.

So I'd still definitely play it, the only let down is the lack of a driving range facility.

Andrew
24th December 2008, 05:17 PM
I thought "awful' was pretty harsh.

I'm not talking totally about the design. It starts with greedy developers choosing a site that barely floats.

Although, I have become more honest about it since I found out you didn't have much to do with that one.

Grunt
27th December 2008, 06:32 AM
I don't mind Kooindah either. Have only played it 3 times and each time there was work going on around it in regards to the building of the Hotel. Will have to go back up there for a hit again soon. Actually I have to play a bit more period.;) Only had 3 games since the Champs