PDA

View Full Version : Haysey and the Pluva's!!!

Ned
23rd December 2008, 09:28 PM
So what did those pair of Pluva's do to you in the bushes today at Paradise Palms Haysey ? :smt108

That was one hell of a smile you had on your face on the 14th!!!!!!!

haysey
23rd December 2008, 10:46 PM
So what did those pair of Pluva's do to you in the bushes today at Paradise Palms Haysey ? :smt108

That was one hell of a smile you had on your face on the 14th!!!!!!!

Ahh yes, the cause of the second wipe of the day:roll:. Raped and pillaged by a pair of plovers.

Seriously considered foot wedging the ball back into the fairway and out of the line of fire but in the end picked up and ran away:D (those things are psycho:-s)

Jarro
24th December 2008, 08:04 AM
Nothing worse than being tag-teamed by a pair of angry birds :shock:

Hang on, that doesn't sound right

henno
24th December 2008, 08:36 AM

Sounds very right to me! :smt118

mike
24th December 2008, 08:50 AM
Ahh yes, the cause of the second wipe of the day:roll:. Raped and pillaged by a pair of plovers.

Seriously considered foot wedging the ball back into the fairway and out of the line of fire but in the end picked up and ran away:D (those things are psycho:-s)

Interesting one for the rules experts. I think you'd get relief in that situation, Haysey. Seriously.
You can drop away from snakes and crocodiles. Plovers can be even more dangerous. Last time I was at PP I was attacked by a swarm of wasps on the 9th. I took a drop and had a better shot at the green. Pretty sure Courty was with me at the time.

I'll have a flick through the rules book today .

haysey
24th December 2008, 02:11 PM
Nothing worse than being tag-teamed by a pair of angry birds :shock:

Ordinarily I'd love that sort of thing, but these birds wanted blood:?

Interesting one for the rules experts. I think you'd get relief in that situation, Haysey. Seriously.
You can drop away from snakes and crocodiles. Plovers can be even more dangerous. Last time I was at PP I was attacked by a swarm of wasps on the 9th. I took a drop and had a better shot at the green. Pretty sure Courty was with me at the time.

I'll have a flick through the rules book today .

I did consider doing the, play 2 balls, I want this one to count thing and asking at the proshop after the round but I wasn't playing well enough to be bothered:oops:

Courty
24th December 2008, 03:34 PM
Last time I was at PP I was attacked by a swarm of wasps on the 9th. I took a drop and had a better shot at the green. Pretty sure Courty was with me at the time.

Yep... I was there. I don't care what the rulebook says, no-one can be reasonable expected to play their shot from within a swarm of wasps. Plovers, however, are a different matter. :twisted:

Flowergirl
24th December 2008, 03:48 PM
Pussy:mrgreen:

Dotty
24th December 2008, 03:49 PM
Myths Busted.

You cannot stop pluvas attacking you by ...
a. dressing as a two metre yellow bird
b. carrying a red letter H

Courty
24th December 2008, 03:50 PM
Myths Busted.

:lol:

haysey
24th December 2008, 04:12 PM
Yep... I was there. I don't care what the rulebook says, no-one can be reasonable expected to play their shot from within a swarm of wasps. Plovers, however, are a different matter. :twisted:

:smt019 Those things were suicidal:(

Pussy:mrgreen:

Yes...yes I am:oops:

Myths Busted.

:smt038:mrgreen:

LarryLong
24th December 2008, 04:44 PM
I've seen plovers swoop a kid who was lying on his stomach in fear, and still only miss him by a couple of inches. Those things are crazy.

I would have left the ball with them. :)

WBennett
24th December 2008, 06:34 PM
Plovers are nuts.

One of the funniest things I have ever seen was my mate sprinting up the 18th fariway at my home course and diving into the bunker after being swopped for 200m straight...

Those things look you in the eye.

We have aeroguard -a medal to the man who makes PloverGard (tm) :)