PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing Decmber 15

Grunt
20th December 2008, 05:19 AM
What's this, Saturday and no play this week? Is this place going mental in the Christmas season?

Well I had my first game in a while yesterday with my work golf club Xmas game. It was a 2 man ambrose and was good fun. I played with Chopper from OzGolf and we ran third with 4 over gross, 6 1/4 under nett. We were going we until the final 5 holes we both stopped getting it off the tee and were struggling for up and down pars.

My game was on the whole ok, was the normal ambrose thing where you don't really hit it that well when your partner has put it on an ok position and you go for it.

Next game: Not sure, school holidays mean days off work are child minding time.

Coffs_Hacker
20th December 2008, 01:29 PM
played 2 games this week both single stab, both 27pts woohoo :(

1st game thurs at Mollymook hilltop, great course and in excellent condition
2nd game shellharbour links, usually don't like links courses much but def one i'll be playing again, southerly made it quite tough.

haysey
20th December 2008, 04:33 PM
29 points at Cairns today:cry:

adlo
20th December 2008, 04:48 PM
Went back to my old social club to play the Christmas Cup today. Playing at a harder course (Kennedy Bay) obviously has done me well. I shot 81 in stroke comp for a nett 66 to win the trophy by 4 strokes.

Weather was bloody windy, which again, seemed the norm for me now. Handicap took another beating, down to 14. Better get back to Kennedy Bay to shoot some higher scores :lol:

Still enjoying the TM Tour Burner. Distance is excellent and it is surprisingly forgiving.
I didn't keep stats today, but I had 2 bad tee shots, no 3 putts, 1 birdie, about 30 putts. Must have had 10 bogeys and 7 pars.

Dazza
21st December 2008, 09:10 AM
Played 9 holes this morning socially, teed off at 6am to try & beat the heat.
Shot 48 off the stick, wife shot 65.
Hit my new Burner TP for the first time, man what a weapon!
Gained some serious distance off the tee compared to the 3DX square.
Instead of hitting my hybrid into the greens, I was using 6i & 7i!

Courty
21st December 2008, 03:18 PM
29 points at Cairns today:cry:

31pts. I win again. :D

BrisVegas
21st December 2008, 03:21 PM
played Pacific Harbour this morning. Hit it ok, but putted like a noob. 7 x 3-putts in my 86. Greens were like lightning and I failed miserably at adapting to them. There was a prety decent 3 club wind out there today, so there were some monster tee shots!

Bumped into steverawlo at the clubhouse. He was having a Christening lunch for his youngest.

haysey
21st December 2008, 04:25 PM
31pts. I win again. :D

Well duh....I'm a chopper:D

I blame the putter:twisted:

jimandr
21st December 2008, 10:51 PM
I wasn't going to post my Saturday round at all, but on reflection there are a few things that might generate further discussion.

As it was a perfect golf weather day, I rang on Saturday morning and got a spot, without asking what the events was.

It was a goddamn 4 man ambrose, and I already have ten reasons why I hate ambrose events. I now have a few more reasons.

The game itself was lots of fun, as I knew my partners and they were all guys who don't take the game too seriously. But I was the low marker, and therefore anchorman.

We had to use two drives of each player, but there were no other scramble-style rules. After six holes two guys weren't on the driver card yet, so as soon as they hit good ones we started walking. So I only got to hit 14 tee shots.

As the last player to putt, I got to hit six putts, IN TOTAL. All from outside 30 feet. We missed quite a few greens, but every time one of the others holed the putt for an up/down par.

At least half a dozen times my partners all hit absolute hack shots, putting me under big pressure. I failed once, so we had to play from an impossible position, but on the par 3 16th none of them hit within 50m of the green, and then I hit mine to 4 feet!

The funniest event was when one guy had an air swing on a tee. There was some discussion as to whether we should choose this drive anyway, and then play our seconds from the tee. Would we have been allowed to tee up?

gazgolf1
22nd December 2008, 07:49 AM
Nice win yesterday Just.

div 2 winner at Nudgee with 41pts :smt023.

sms316
22nd December 2008, 08:01 AM
Broke my handicap for the first time in 9 weeks on Saturday. Geez I've been playing shizenhousen. Went back to my old 695mb's and what do you know? 67/65 to win a medal.

Eag's
22nd December 2008, 08:48 AM
Nice work Just & sms :smt023

AndyP
22nd December 2008, 09:44 AM
The funniest event was when one guy had an air swing on a tee. There was some discussion as to whether we should choose this drive anyway, and then play our seconds from the tee. Would we have been allowed to tee up?
I can't see why not.

3oneday
22nd December 2008, 09:46 AM
Ambroses at our place you have to drop, it'd wanna be a good shot ;)

just
22nd December 2008, 04:04 PM
Nice win yesterday Just.

div 2 winner at Nudgee with 41pts :smt023.

Nice work Just & sms :smt023
Thanks gents!

Bruce
22nd December 2008, 07:36 PM
Yay Just!!!!

Well played Sean (on your vanity hcp :p)

adlo
22nd December 2008, 08:14 PM
Went back to my old social club to play the Christmas Cup today. Playing at a harder course (Kennedy Bay) obviously has done me well. I shot 81 in stroke comp for a nett 66 to win the trophy by 4 strokes.

I didn't keep stats today, but I had 2 bad tee shots, no 3 putts, 1 birdie, about 30 putts. Must have had 10 bogeys and 7 pars.

Tough crowd around here :-s