PDA

View Full Version : Where to play Monday

WBennett
18th December 2008, 12:28 PM
I have a chance to play Monday at a country NSW course - looking at going for an hours drive and playing a course new to me, which leaves Gungagai, Harden or Goulburn.

Andrew/SMS - either of you have a recommendation to play or avoid any of those three?

sms316
18th December 2008, 12:54 PM
Goulburn is the only one of those listed that I have played and it was in reasonable nick. Would Cowra be too far away?

Edit - I have played Harden. Actually would say it is on a par with Goulburn. A few short doglegs which I thought made it pretty good fun. Only has one greenkeeper, although you wouldn't know it.

macjackass
18th December 2008, 01:12 PM
Why don't you drive a bit longer and go down the south coast?

WBennett
18th December 2008, 01:35 PM
Mac

Played all of them from Mollymook south, and school holidays have started...

And its a bit more than a day trip to get to Bermagui and back!

sms316
18th December 2008, 01:37 PM
Good point wb. The roads to the coast would be a total shitfight.

tg01
18th December 2008, 02:46 PM
Benno,

What about kangaroo Valley for somewhere up there? Unfortunately most of the courses around Canberra are shit.

Are you keen to play a course you have never played?

Andrew
18th December 2008, 04:14 PM
I have no advice for you mate. You have probably played all the country courses within an hour of ACT that I have & a few more.

The only other ones I could think of, but they are probably too far are the two courses in Wagga Wagga & Narrandera.

Strangely enough I played Cootamundra many years ago (about 20) & it wasn't the worst course, but I'm not sure I would drive more than an hour for it.

WBennett
18th December 2008, 06:38 PM
Are you keen to play a course you have never played?

Yep, and all within the confined of dropping the kiddie off at day care, driving, playing, driving back, and picking her up at 4:30...

Coffs_Hacker
18th December 2008, 06:42 PM
I was looking at playing kangaroo valley sometime before xmas. Played mollymook hills today, course was in excellent condition

Deano
18th December 2008, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure where you live....but looks like your not too far from the cherry capitol.
Why not book a round at Young GC?
Good enough reason for me this time of year to grab a case of cherries on your way home.

Andrew
27th December 2008, 07:31 AM
Did you end up playing & where ?