PDA

View Full Version : OzGolf mystery foursome

Scottt
14th December 2008, 05:03 AM
Which three OzGolfers you've not met would you most like to have a hit with and why?

Me
Johnny Canuck - has seemed like a cool guy ever since he gave me a pretty massive spray during the NWRNTY days.
Adlo - the guy likes pretty cool music and seems like a decent dude
Henno - is in a similar line of work to me, seems pretty laid back and might bring his missus along to caddy :lol:

Fishman Dan
14th December 2008, 10:12 AM
Blake - Surely he's not as bad as everyone suggests.
Tez - Surely he's not as nice as everyone suggests.
Flowergirl - Surely she's not as vulgar as everyone suggests.

I'd still shoot 100 though.

Jarro
14th December 2008, 10:29 AM
Johnny Canuck - I'd show him how to hit it long ;) (and we could talk about Rush)
McMw - The mystery man of Australian golf forums
Ducky - To see if he is as big a wanker in real life :p

adlo
14th December 2008, 11:21 AM
Johnny Canuck - I'd show him how to hit it long ;)
He will hit his 4 iron past your driver all day, eh.....

Good thread Scottt, though I think you could make up quite a few good foursomes with the people on this forum.

Dotty- has been on fire of late, must be a funny guy to play golf with and I have to see the strangest WITB in action.

Henno- again, has made me laugh a heap on these forums, especially in Jarro's Adams Idea for sale thread. Like his sense of humour.

Scottt- I think we are a similar age, similar taste in a lot of things from what I can gather. And to see Australia's worst 9 marker in action....

adlo
14th December 2008, 12:08 PM
OK, another one:

3oneday- to see if he actually plays 18 holes with the same driver or if he ho's mid round
BrisVegas- so I can yell "SNAKE EYES!!" every time he plays an iron
Golfer69- to have a punt on everything and anything, and take his money. Seems like a funny bloke too. As long as he hasn't been on the sugar free lollies :lol:

Moe Norman
14th December 2008, 01:07 PM
Fishy & 3oneday

don't need a 4th.

Dotty
14th December 2008, 03:04 PM
Julie - Owns a cart and sounds like she brings along enough macadamia shortbread and lolly snakes for everyone.

Haysey - For the stories about WITB, WITG, WITS, WITO and WITB(2009).

Moe Norman - I've never seen anyone play golf, four years after he passed away.

Golfer69 - As it will give me 4 hours uninterupted to put the contents of his garage into dump truck.

markTHEblake
14th December 2008, 03:09 PM
Blake - Surely he's not as bad as everyone suggests.
Tez - Surely he's not as nice as everyone suggests.
Flowergirl - Surely she's not as vulgar as everyone suggests..

well you got two out of three right.

AndyP
14th December 2008, 05:35 PM
Hmmmmm.

donut - A member since Sept 04, still visits, yet not one single post. I've gotta find out what's up with that.
adlo or Johnny Canuck - To collect my CDs. Plus I need to add a Western Australian to my OZgolf collection.
Minor Threat - I'll be bringing my cheap camera.

henno
14th December 2008, 07:35 PM
Wow, this has quickly turned into a henno, adlo and Scottt love-in. How disturbing.

The A-Team:

Scottt - Seems to have the same twisted "get yourself in trouble" sense of humour as me. Plus he is in the journo game, so we could both bitch about spelling mistakes all day.

Adlo - Funny man. Likes good music, Family Guy and the cool-aid dude. All boxes ticked.

Golfer69 - Gotta be worth a laugh or two during the round. Especially if I drag the missus along as the beer wench.

Reserves:

Virge666 - Would love to play a round with Virge. a) To try and learn a thing or two, and b) to thank him for offloading his GC mids to me. Great sticks!

Fisherman Dan - I want to be the guy to give him the motivation to finally make it through the remaining 29.55% of GTA4. YOU CAN DOOO EEET!

Phee - Female. Easy on the eyes. Actually goes out of her way to buy her partner more golf clubs. Need I say more?

Miro - I hear his wedges are something else. I might be able to get a few pointers on how to lower my scores.

Disqualified:

Jarro - We have technically already met when he gave me his anus bag. Maybe a few shared jugs after the fantasy foursomes would make up for the auto-disqualification.

Fishman Dan
14th December 2008, 07:43 PM
Fisherman Dan - I want to be the guy to give him the motivation to finally make it through the remaining 29.55% of GTA4. YOU CAN DOOO EEET!

It's hard to get back on the horse. I rode the emotion of the first 70%, now I have a hard enough time turning the machine on!!

If only I can remember the website that hosts that image.....

Minor_Threat
14th December 2008, 07:45 PM
Hmmmmm.

donut - A member since Sept 04, still visits, yet not one single post. I've gotta find out what's up with that.
adlo or Johnny Canuck - To collect my CDs. Plus I need to add a Western Australian to my OZgolf collection.
Minor Threat - I'll be bringing my cheap camera.I'll pay that mate.. ;)

Webster
14th December 2008, 07:56 PM
Scarfi, Miro & mackjackass.

PeteyD
14th December 2008, 07:58 PM
:D

just
14th December 2008, 07:59 PM
Scarfi, Miro & mackjackass.

As loveable as you are, I don't think is going to happen, but if if it does I'll pay for front row seats!

BrisVegas
14th December 2008, 09:16 PM
Boonie, jack, 3oneday - never played with any of em.

Courty
14th December 2008, 09:26 PM
3oneday - does he ever actually go near a course?
Mikezone13 - sounds like a we might have a bit in common
Henno - well, duh!

moree golfer
14th December 2008, 09:54 PM
My three would be Virge666, golfer69 and Grunt. No reasons except I reckon there would be laughs and drink aplenty. Suffice to says I am yet to meet let alone play with another Ozgolfer but I will get to Sydney or the GC and rectify that soon.

Dotty
14th December 2008, 10:20 PM
AndyLo and two cats.

It will be an awesome party. :D

adlo
14th December 2008, 10:30 PM
AndyLo and two cats.

It will be an awesome party. :D
Gold

Scottt
14th December 2008, 11:56 PM
My other foursome would be Courty, Haysey and Julie on a Nth Qld trip.

Courty and Haysey seem like a fun double act from all reports and if I had a game with Julie we could finally sort out what time the sun sets up there :lol:

adlo
15th December 2008, 12:14 AM
Hmmmmm.

Minor Threat - I'll be bringing my cheap camera.
Quality motivation there. You must realise Johnny has truly embraced the WA spirit.... Wait Awhile.

I will chase him up on those CDs again.

Courty
15th December 2008, 06:57 AM
Courty and Haysey seem like a fun double act

Yeah, just like Abbott & Costello Ronald McDonald & Hamburglar. ;)

Grunt
15th December 2008, 07:29 AM
My three would be Virge666, golfer69 and Grunt. No reasons except I reckon there would be laughs and drink aplenty. Suffice to says I am yet to meet let alone play with another Ozgolfer but I will get to Sydney or the GC and rectify that soon.

Wow I made a list, I would have to say for me the list is hard to compile.

Moree golfer - laughs and drinks would be good.
Jack - have met but not had a game.
Any of the WA boys - just because I have had a hit with just about everyone else.

PeteyD
15th December 2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah, just like Abbott & Costello Ronald McDonald & Hamburglar. ;)

More like Grimace ;)

mikezone13
15th December 2008, 09:26 AM
BrisVegas - invite to his home track perhaps
Moe Norman - he and I could compete for the "know it all" award
Courty - with a pick up line like

Mikezone13 - sounds like a we might have a bit in common
who wouldn't want to play with him :D

BrisVegas
15th December 2008, 09:38 AM
BrisVegas - invite to his home track perhaps

There's an open invite to ozgolfers who wanna come and play Brookwater. Always happy to show you my home track. And I promise I won't take any criticism of the course personally!

sms316
15th December 2008, 09:53 AM
Just one - Scottt.

Toolish
15th December 2008, 10:51 AM
There's an open invite to ozgolfers who wanna come and play Brookwater. Always happy to show you my home track. And I promise I won't take any criticism of the course personally!

I will slot that one in the memory for whenever I head north next....

Virge - To learn a bit
Jack - to meet the man behind the legend
Henno (with mrs as caddy) - to meet to woman behind the legends...and check out the legends some more...and Henno seems like a fun bloke to be around too.

mikezone13
15th December 2008, 03:55 PM

Might take you up on that then... I need a golfing break soon as next holiday in Jan/Feb is non-golfing :(

BrisVegas
15th December 2008, 04:00 PM
no probs. Just let me know a week in advance so I can sort out a tee time. Sat morning is my only real chance for a game typically.

Courty
15th December 2008, 04:38 PM
More like Grimace ;)

Nah, I eat more burgers than Grimace. ;)

PeteyD
15th December 2008, 05:11 PM
Nah, I eat more burgers than Grimace. ;)

Whimpy then :D

Johnny Canuck
15th December 2008, 05:27 PM
I would have to go with:
Jarro - I have given him enough crap in my time here, he deserves a chance to give it back. Also, not to many guys around here have any knowledge of classic Canadian rock and play the drums.

Scottt - I take my game serious, but sledge a hell of a lot between shots. I think Scottt would fit in perfectly for that.

Henno or SMS - same as above with Scottt. Good sense of humour, it goes a long way.

Honourable mention:
Bris Vegas - I need to kick him in the shins for not declaring that the wedge he sold me had "demo" on the grip. That is worse than "NoWRNTY" as everyone can see the DEMO! BTW, I love the wedge.

Fishman Dan - Had some good banter with him before

G69 - To once as for all see if he really looks like he claims, or if I had it right all along and he is really dc68 in the photos and vice versa.

Courty - So I can buy him a drink for hooking me up with The Shield. I hope they arrive soon...

BrisVegas
15th December 2008, 09:56 PM
Honourable mention:
Bris Vegas - I need to kick him in the shins for not declaring that the wedge he sold me had "demo" on the grip. That is worse than "NoWRNTY" as everyone can see the DEMO! BTW, I love the wedge.

it did???:oops: hope you got it cheap then!;)

oobsadd2
16th December 2008, 08:12 AM
Matt 3 jab - for a run down on all the clubs he has "trialed" in the last year and im still intrigued by his made to order putter.
Henno - I like his humour, the randomness of D.C.T drivers, gorgeous women and narwals.
flower girl - Im so impressed with her enthusiasm towards golf and everything else for that matter.

sms316
1st February 2009, 04:29 PM
As discussed with jarro on the way back to the airport - I feel embarrassed that I (nor did anybody else for that matter) didn't nominate goughy or robyn, since they are to thank for us all being here.

Thus ends the sucking up.

Fishman Dan
1st February 2009, 04:35 PM
Who?

WBennett
1st February 2009, 04:39 PM
With a sycophantic suck job like that SMS, you could either be John Howard or the other brown nosed gnome Justin Langer...

sms316
1st February 2009, 04:43 PM
Big words for a public servant. And not even written in crayon.

goughy
1st February 2009, 04:58 PM
As discussed with jarro on the way back to the airport - I feel embarrassed that I (nor did anybody else for that matter) didn't nominate goughy or robyn, since they are to thank for us all being here.

Thus ends the sucking up.

:mrgreen:

The odds are you'd get a game with robyn before me!! And she hasn't played in like 10 years; when I pointed out she was playing too slow and needed to move along a bit. She won't play golf with me any more...

As for me, heck I haven't even paid this years membership fees! Buggers me when I'll play again. That's sad.

Man, my list would be too long. There are so many I haven't had a round with.

The RS's would have to be on my list, but only if one of them promises to unintentionally accidentally play the others ball during the round! Still one of my favourite games of golf that one.

Jack to thank for things he's done (he'll understand)

Bruce so I can stick an L plate on his cart.

Too tired to think any more - I'm going back to sleep through the cricket!

adlo
18th September 2009, 09:25 PM
I have thought long and hard about this, and will have to go with:

3oneday
Jarro
sms

Fishman Dan
18th September 2009, 09:28 PM

3oneday
Jarro
sms

Would you deliberately block your ball into the mulga, or would you find other creative ways to ignore them?

Jarro
18th September 2009, 09:29 PM

3oneday
Jarro
sms

Would be a fun game ...

... but you'd probably wander off and start playing a different 18 to the one we were playing :roll:

AndyP
18th September 2009, 09:34 PM
Bitchy place this OZgolf. I don't think I like it.

Jarro
18th September 2009, 09:36 PM
Stick to the topic please AndeePee

Scottt
18th September 2009, 09:41 PM
Did Adlo and SMS have a stink? I missed that. Link?

zigwah
18th September 2009, 09:42 PM
Jack, I gotta see this guy
Virge, To see if he drinks like he types, or if he drinks like he sounds ;)
JC, to see if he's black!!
Henno, So he can see i'm not that bad, we can both bring our Mrs's

Fishman Dan
18th September 2009, 09:43 PM
Would be a fun game ...

... but you'd probably wander off and start playing a different 18 to the one we were playing :roll:

That's very clever! :smt038

adlo
18th September 2009, 09:43 PM
Would be a fun game ...

That is nice :lol:

Stick to the topic please AndeePee
And again..... :lol:

I had you wrongly pegged Jarro :roll:

Did Adlo and SMS have a stink? I missed that. Link?

No, just the threadjacking rant thread a while back, Yossarians pic reminded me of it.

Jarro
18th September 2009, 09:44 PM
Jack, I gotta see this guy
Virge, To see if he drinks like he types, or if he drinks like he sounds ;)
JC, to see if he's black!!
Henno, So he can see i'm not that bad, we can both bring our Mrs's

Zig, if you played in that group it'd be a 5-some :-s

zigwah
18th September 2009, 09:45 PM
I like to be different :)

Or me and bro could just follow in a cart?

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2009, 09:48 PM
Good calll J-Ro.

Aldo, 3one would have you on ignore from the first tee. He'd probably get upset with his game, place everyone on ignore and try and sell some no warranty clubs to someone in the parking lot.

adlo
18th September 2009, 09:48 PM
:lol:

henno
18th September 2009, 10:13 PM
Bitchy place this OZgolf. I don't think I like it.

I agree with AngryP. Lighten up bitches and hos.

adlo
18th September 2009, 11:01 PM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1523068/2/istockphoto_1523068_stirring_the_pot.jpg

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2009, 11:25 PM
Chef Aldo.

sms316
28th April 2013, 08:41 PM
Whilst I have met Shavey, I am yet o witness his hosel-rocket greatness from box seats. This needs to be rectified.

dc68
28th April 2013, 09:37 PM
Good lord you can thread-mine!!!!

mrbluu
28th April 2013, 10:37 PM
1. tno as he is the only one here also rocking xtd stuff.
2. lagerlover....hopefully he loves lager
3. timah cos it might be my only chance to play with a Titleist staff player.

Waddzy
29th April 2013, 05:57 AM
Whilst I have met Shavey, I am yet o witness his hosel-rocket greatness from box seats. This needs to be rectified.

Organise a sunday hit at Lakelands and you can witness not only shavey hosel rockets but my house finding wayward drives..