PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 8th December, 2008

BrisVegas
11th December 2008, 06:56 PM
2 man ambrose today with stoney.
http://www.brookwatergolf.com/whats-on/event-info.php?eventid=38

We both played pretty good, but didn't make enough of the birdie chances. Finshed with 66 gross and -8 point something nett. Good day out and we got done before the storm hit. Pretty hot though.

Interestingly, the pair that won it were playing behind us as a two.... Now I'm no expert, but I always thought you needed a marker. These guys didn't seem to be doing much special and were rolling drunk on premix cans after the first 9. Yet they came in with 9 under gross and 58 1/4 nett to win by 2 shots. Seemed pretty suss to me. :roll:

Courty
11th December 2008, 08:09 PM
2 man ambrose today with stoney.

Was this the qualifier for the Dubai trip?

The 2-ball should be disqualified! :smt093

BrisVegas
11th December 2008, 08:32 PM
today was the final. The Dubai trip was a lucky draw though, so the "2-ball" only scored a bunch of other prizes.

Courty
11th December 2008, 08:35 PM
today was the final. The Dubai trip was a lucky draw though, so the "2-ball" only scored a bunch of other prizes.

So I take it you weren't that lucky, then?

Sasquatch
13th December 2008, 11:10 PM
Played in my first ever competition today. Single Stableford off the back markers at Parkwood. Had 35 points off 22. Won 2 balls for NTP on the 7th.

Courty
14th December 2008, 05:22 AM
Had a good ol-fashioned chop yesterday for 29 pts. Haysey & I had a warm-up matchplay in preparation for todays game in Mossman. He won the last hole (the only one he got a shot on :roll:) to finish all square.

mikezone13
14th December 2008, 10:05 AM
36pts (17+19), first time to handicap in a couple months

10 GIR
6/14 fairways
35 putts (grr)
1 bird
8 pars
7 bogies
1 double
1 triple

Short game is working really well in practice but I'm going to jelly on the course still, got to keep working at the mental side of things.

AndyP
14th December 2008, 05:07 PM
14/12/2008, Brookwater GC, Stableford

9/14 effective tee-shots.
4/18 effective approaches.
2/8 up and down successes.
"33" putts. (2 for a wipe)
-----------------
1 birdie.
4 pars.
6 bogeys.
7 others.

Score stab 15-11-26pts (Par 36-36-72)

I went alright. Not bad off the tee, but paid for it when I missed. I just miss having a good short game.

Next round: Dunno. I'll have to have one over the Christmas break surely.

Bruce
14th December 2008, 06:17 PM
Went to Rich River for the weekend with a social group (the ones with the crazy handicapping system - I play off 15 with these guys).

Friday PM - RR West - Steady soaking rain.
41-45=86. Nothing fancy, nothing disastrous and just happy to be out there.

Saturday AM - RR East - Steady soaking rain arriving horizontally via strong winds.
46-44=90 Putted like a spazz on the slow wet greens 39 times. Had to take relief from casual water half a dozen times. A tough and frustrating morning as I was hitting them OK.

Saturday PM - RR East - Occasional showers and strong winds.
Foursomes. Score - unknown. Laughs - plenty. My partner flubbed her tee shot and moved the ball about 1m forward. I stepped up and looked her in the eye as I took a deliberate airie to make her hit it off the tee box. It was that kind of afternoon.

Sunday AM - RR West - Showers clearing to an excellent day.
52-42=94.
I seem to have a consistent problem with leaking oil for the front 9 after a night on the piss. Once I woke up and warmed up I came home fairly strong. The greens started to dry out too so I started making some putts.

And now I am very tired and need some sleep.

AndyP
14th December 2008, 06:19 PM
Weren't you defending the title this year, Bruce?

Bruce
14th December 2008, 06:34 PM
The trophy is for best 3 scores during the year and there is also best 3 'tour' scores. I was the reigning champ in both but the new handicap rules meant frequent crappy play with the occasional bumped up blinder decided the titles. They also changed the number of qualifying rounds to 12 and now that my girls have activities Saturday mornings I wasn't able to get out often enough to pad out my hcp or even qualify.

The trophy held some of my finest dust. I shall miss it.

Courty
14th December 2008, 07:37 PM
31pts at Mossman with Damoocow & the rest of the NQ gang.

I sprayed the driver, but mostly managed to keep it in play (except 14 :oops:). The greens hadn't been mowed since Saturday so consequently I struggled to get a putt past the hole all day. That said, I enjoyed the course and the company. I'm looking forward to the next OZgolf NQ outing.

haysey
14th December 2008, 08:03 PM
Saturday: Stableford at Cairns. 31 points, played like crud:?

Sunday: Stableford at Mossman. 24 points smashed 6 and 5 in the matchplay, played like crudder:oops:

Still trying to figure out how I managed to lose 3 balls in the same dam on consecutive holes:-s

Highlights: Damos slamdunk, me knocking a distance marker clean out of the ground and Courty's escapades in the tree:D

BrisVegas
14th December 2008, 08:05 PM
Had a chop around Brookwater today with the ozgolf crew. Head just wasn't in it and I didn't get it going at all. There were some decent shots (got one drive past Iain!), but too many big misses and silly mistakes etc etc. 26 points.

Courty
14th December 2008, 08:06 PM
Oh yeah... Saturday round with Haysey:

29pts = Meh.

PeteyD
14th December 2008, 08:12 PM
Saturday: Stableford at Cairns. 31 points, played like krudd:?

Does he play golf? Thought he spent all his time in a 747.

haysey
14th December 2008, 08:15 PM
Does he play golf? Thought he spent all his time in a 747.

Probably not as badly as I do.....:?

amanda
15th December 2008, 10:43 AM
Brad & I played Ashlar for the first time (and our first golf game in ages) - it showed -8 in a par event (brad beat me on c/b!)

Just need 1 more game to keep my handicap for next year.

Hux
18th December 2008, 05:05 PM
I have to get an AGU hcap sorted. Played the Glades today with a mate. Off the Gold Markers pretty happy, first time around and I have a social club HCP of 25.
Nothing special on the front 1 birdie, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 4 drives, 19 putts for 46 gross
Back nine was 5 pars, 1 double (one in the drink of the 17th), 18 putts, 1 U&D, 5 drives for 41 gross.

I could have made someone a really good 4 Ball partner today. Big turn around from the 101 at Bribie on Tuesday.

dazzgolf
19th December 2008, 01:42 PM
Played at my home club this week, was a stableford
had 40 pts, shooting even par 72 for the day
I played with my mate who is a pro and we went head to head for some beers for the day and i got him on the last by a shot to take home to the brew hehehe, he wasnt happy loosing to a amateur.