PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Ping Zing Karsten Series putter

backintheswing
11th December 2008, 04:02 PM
Like new. Bought from the local proshop for $190 about 4 months. Now using a Craz-e.

It's Black Dot and 35". Comes with the standard cover.

Any offers.

Webster
11th December 2008, 06:51 PM
$45, but only if I can see some pics first.

backintheswing
11th December 2008, 09:14 PM
Pics will be up on Monday. Not for $45 though.

Scottt
12th December 2008, 02:14 AM
I bought my Karsten Anser new last year for $110. The RRP is US$89. If you paid $190, you got reamed.

BrisVegas
12th December 2008, 09:26 AM
I bought my Karsten Anser new last year for $110. The RRP is US$89. If you paid $190, you got reamed.

Scottt - he said he bought it from his local pro shop. $190 sounds ok to me for a nice putter like that bought locally.

Scottt
13th December 2008, 01:24 AM
I realise pro shops have pretty astronomical mark-up, but I guess once that flatstick is second hand, you have to accept it's market value to governed by its value against putters bought elsewhere for the RRP.

Jack's $45 still seems a tad low, IMHO, but so far it's the best offer the OP has received.

Dotty
13th December 2008, 08:44 AM
$190 new seems about right for a quality putter, that doesn't have the extra dollars added for moveable weights, semi-circular milling, looks like a Thunderbird, etc. or an 'exclusivity' aura. (Very similar price for its direct competitor on the pro-shop floor, Odyssey.)

As a guide, after a conversation with Fishy last weekend, I got the itch for a traditional putter and picked up a 2nd hand Manganese Bronze Ping Anser during the week for $109, from a public course / driving range pro shop. Same specs (even had Karsten stamped in the cavity), but no head cover.

Assistant pro said it was his own putter, only had a couple of games and kept it in the cupboard for a couple of years as a fallback. This model feels heavier than the traditional Anser, which they also had at $69 (Early 90's, 'smoother' finish bronze heads, worn golf-pride grips).

Scottt
14th December 2008, 04:55 AM
So despite it being available for AU$110, it's good value at $190? How does that work?

The Karsten series is different to the "old school" range of Ansers and Zings and, accordingly, has a different price point.