mikezone13
10th December 2008, 01:25 PM
Bugger, there goes my plan to watch his sweet iron play this weekend

Jarro
10th December 2008, 07:09 PM
The guy is really a friggin' sook !!!

razaar
10th December 2008, 09:34 PM
The modern swing of thrusting back into the front heel requires a strong and trouble free knee. He must be disappointed to miss out this week.

simmsy
10th December 2008, 10:35 PM
Soft as butter!!
It's a real slap in the face to the Aussie PGA when he comes out and says that he probably would have played had it been a major. Dissappointed!!

Golfnut
10th December 2008, 10:51 PM
Weak as water!!!
The injuries are just stupid ones.....granted they may affect his game play but slamming your finger/hand in a door...WTF!!! That's just plain stupid and dislocating a knee while running out of the surf....that's pox. Why would you not be more careful particularly since he only done the same injury 6 times before....

As you tell I was looking forward to seeing him play.....I can handle injuries sustained during sports that's fair enough but this guy must be a pansy.

PeteyD
11th December 2008, 07:23 AM
tough Crowd.

sms316
11th December 2008, 08:37 AM
Soft as butter!!
It's a real slap in the face to the Aussie PGA when he comes out and says that he probably would have played had it been a major. Dissappointed!!
To Golf Australia - not the PGA.

Either way he was being completely honest. In the scheme of things, the Australian Tour means nothing to him, which is fair enough.

dc68
11th December 2008, 09:44 AM
It's cool the bloke who took his place, Brett Rankin, is a mate of mine.

Thanks Adam.

BrisVegas
11th December 2008, 09:58 AM
the question is.... What would Brian Boitano do????

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eDwECOdMCQ

razaar
11th December 2008, 10:11 AM
the question is.... What would Brian Boitano do????

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eDwECOdMCQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eDwECOdMCQ)
probably try a quadruple jump with a half twist followed by a triple lutz and a double back flip...f**c his right knee and miss out on the US national championship. :razz:

sms316
11th December 2008, 11:10 AM
I disagree big time.
The bloke is an Aussie and he must support the dying Aussie tour.

So is Greg Norman. Actually makes a nice change that he isn't being criticised for not being here.

sms316
11th December 2008, 11:14 AM
He would still pull more through the gates than the rest of the field combined.

PeteyD
11th December 2008, 11:35 AM
He's in training for the Masters. Let him be.

Moe Norman
11th December 2008, 11:39 AM
He consistently comes down here and plays our events, he is only missing due to injury. He was actually IN COOLUM when he hurt his knee, so I'm guessing he planned on playing!

Ask every pro-golfer with an Australian passport and they will all tell you the US Open (PGA, Masters and British) is more important than the Aussie Open. Is this really news to anyone?

If I was a pro golfer and I had an injury that was a bit 'touch and go' I wouldn't risk it either unless it was a major.

kpac
11th December 2008, 12:18 PM
I know Scott supports the tour but the guts of the issue is the fact he said he would limp around to play a US Open.

I just think with the Aussie tour in deep shit he should have limped around RS too.

Shouldn't have said it.... i'm sure it'd be a regret saying it like that.

He's had the toughest year of his career, and injury doesn't help. His focus should be on 2009. And i for 1 would prefer to see him at full fitness on the US tour next year rather than slaping it around in Sydney.
He's come prepared to play and has had to withdraw at the 11th hour. He's supported the aussie tournaments as good if not better than most of the top aussies IMO.

Minor_Threat
11th December 2008, 12:19 PM
Tough crowd alright..

If he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't mention the US Open thing all would be good, no wonder sports stars are very cautious about what they say!

BrisWesty
11th December 2008, 12:43 PM
Good on him for letting someone else play in his place.

Imagine how we'd be bagging him for not pulling out, if he'd decided he couldn't continue after 9 holes.

Bit of a no win situation for Adam.

Moe Norman
11th December 2008, 12:56 PM
I know Scott supports the tour but the guts of the issue is the fact he said he would limp around to play a US Open.

I just think with the Aussie tour in deep shit he should have limped around RS too.
The Aussie Open won't be helped by him limping around to please a bunch of ungrateful punters.

If you can't see the difference between the US Open and the Australian Open to any golfer, not just an Aussie - then I don't know what planet you're living on.

macjackass
11th December 2008, 01:18 PM
Adam Scott reminds me of that tennis player Richard Krajcek. Has all the talent in the world but he's weak as piss upstairs. I don't know why he said he would have played the US open. Fully fit he has no chance of winning!

Moe Norman
11th December 2008, 01:22 PM
Name the last 27 year old (or younger) other than Tiger Woods?

Or the last 25 year old to be ranked #3 in the World other than Tiger Woods?

The answer to the 2nd one is Sergio, but you will have to go back a long way for the other one!

macjackass
11th December 2008, 01:27 PM
It will still be that same when he's 37! he is a crap putter and will NEVER win a major whilst it is so poor. Sergio is so much closer than Adam it's not funny. Once he breaks through he'll win several.

sms316
11th December 2008, 01:29 PM
What was the first question?

Regardless, the people giving him a hard time are being a bit harsh. Did you see Tiger playing any events in the lead up to the US Open last year. Sure he might have won them, but he would have probably missed out on one of the greatest wins of his career.

sms316
11th December 2008, 01:34 PM
How long since Tiger played when he probably shouldn't have?

Moe Norman
11th December 2008, 03:40 PM
It will still be that same when he's 37! he is a crap putter and will NEVER win a major whilst it is so poor. Sergio is so much closer than Adam it's not funny. Once he breaks through he'll win several.
Funny, I thought Sergio's putter was his problem as well?

A players and a tour championship, tells me he is closer than most golfers out there.

I can't believe people are shocked that he thinks the US Open is more important than the Aussie Open.

Let me ask you this, would you prefer he won the Aussie Open or the US Open as an Australian golf fan?

razaar
11th December 2008, 04:35 PM
Some years our open has strong fields, others not so strong. The US Open has the strongest field possible in the world (pros & amateurs) of any tournament with the toughest layout presentation on very difficult courses. The winning scores are usually around par or worse. The prestige and financial rewards for winning a US Open in comparison to winning our Open make it no contest. I am sure Scott would love to have his name on our national open trophy but he was forced to make a decision and he chose. He probably has the purest golf swing on tour and is a credit to Australia in how he behaves on and off the course.

Jarro
11th December 2008, 04:39 PM
I would prefer he won the Aus Open...seriously.

Me too.

If he won the US Open it wouldn't do diddly-squat for the Aussie tour. All it would do is put another million in his bank account

If he were to win the Aus open, well i reckon that'd mean a whole lot more to the Aussie tour... after all, he is one of our poster boys.

The guy is a wimp of the highest order

Lucasto23
11th December 2008, 04:40 PM
Really tough crowd, scott should not have said it, and is wishing he did not say.
Like any self employed person does in their business decisions he is looking out for number one and good on him for it. His health is one of the key components he needs to play golf well and to risk 2 odd million in possible earnings for $250K is just not logical. so get off his back, wish him well and lets root for one of the other guys to take out the win the he was maybe half a chance for.

razaar
11th December 2008, 05:01 PM
I would have thought the issue was playing with an injury which brings all sorts of bad things into play. He will have weighed the adverse consequences of playing this week and has decided the risk is too great. His life , his choice.

Eag's
11th December 2008, 05:16 PM
Can someone thats on course over the next few days please take a poll from the players.
Ask them if they were in the same position whether they would have pulled out of the tourney or not.

Apparently quite a few Pro's at the PGA were calling him soft for dropping out of that event.
Hard to know just how bad the injury is ?, you would think if he could get around without doing further damage then he would give it a go.

Minor_Threat
11th December 2008, 05:23 PM
Apparently quite a few Pro's at the PGA were calling him soft for dropping out of that event.
Hard to know just how bad the injury is ?, you would think if he could get around without doing further damage then he would give it a go.
Whats your source for that statement?

If all accounts are true Scotty dislocated his knee cap, not exactly a minor injury.. In his case he has also torn some fibres from a ligament also! I have a similar injury myself at the moment (torn medial ligament) and yeah I can hit the ball but the walk is a killer and I have since succumb to the fact that it just needs time to heal properly! He is always coming back to Aus so what is everyones problem?

Moe Norman
11th December 2008, 08:20 PM
I would prefer he won the Aus Open...seriously.

Me too.

If he won the US Open it wouldn't do diddly-squat for the Aussie tour. All it would do is put another million in his bank account

If he were to win the Aus open, well i reckon that'd mean a whole lot more to the Aussie tour... after all, he is one of our poster boys.

Amazing!

He's only our poster boy because he performs internationally!

Eag's
11th December 2008, 08:37 PM
Whats your source for that statement?

If all accounts are true Scotty dislocated his knee cap, not exactly a minor injury.. In his case he has also torn some fibres from a ligament also! I have a similar injury myself at the moment (torn medial ligament) and yeah I can hit the ball but the walk is a killer and I have since succumb to the fact that it just needs time to heal properly! He is always coming back to Aus so what is everyones problem?

A mate of mine was talking to one of the marshalls who was based on the 4th tee at the PGA. He said Scott was the topic of conversation buy quite a few groups.