PDA

View Full Version : PGA Coverage on TEN HD - Noooooooooo !

virge666
4th December 2008, 01:37 PM
Leigh Diffy or Duffy or whatever his name is back.

Why Channel 10? Why ?

henno
4th December 2008, 01:38 PM
Oh no.

Jarro
4th December 2008, 01:40 PM
Is it on now ??

sms316
4th December 2008, 01:43 PM
Typical. This is why golf should be on Fox. At least everyone has access to it.

Jarro
4th December 2008, 01:44 PM

Why Channel 10? Why ?

Yeah that Diffy charcter is a real dipshit :roll:

Looks like i'll be watching it with the volume down .... like i do for all things telecast on channel 9 :mrgreen:

AndyP
4th December 2008, 01:46 PM
Golf is lucky to get a gig on TV at all.

virge666
4th December 2008, 01:59 PM

Mate, if they can televise eating competitions, Yachting, Poker and Lawn Bowls - they can always put Golf on TV.

Channel 10 must be downsizing soon - piss him off.

sms316
4th December 2008, 02:00 PM
No worse than watching AFL and hearing some nitwit spruiking up "our great game". :roll:

BrisVegas
4th December 2008, 02:12 PM

Australia only has 3 tournaments left.... not a huge ask to see those 3 televised.

virge666
4th December 2008, 02:27 PM
Anyone else getting a green static "splotch" in between camera takes...

Also check out the sweet spot marks on Lonard's irons...

Parry is putting with a Anser type putter and not his two ball !

Noice !!!

henno
4th December 2008, 02:30 PM
Hasn't started yet here.

Damn mexicans and their cacky timezones.

sms316
4th December 2008, 03:13 PM
Handy start!

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9211/wilsonhs1.jpg

Jarro
4th December 2008, 03:14 PM

Yes, very annoying ...

.. almost as annoying as Mr Diffey :smt013

poidda
4th December 2008, 04:20 PM
Channel 10 is a joke. I just went to watch Allenby get struck by lightning in the storm, and it seems the coverage is at least 10 holes behind.

Jarro
4th December 2008, 04:41 PM
I quite like Diffey.

Would you bite the pillow for him ?

virge666
4th December 2008, 05:09 PM
I quite like Diffey.

You can start a sports commentary school, where you can learn to;

a) Commentate by asking questions like "will he make this putt" and "can he get to 3 under" so that you can answer them yourself by stating the obvious.
b) Learn how to speak with a off key, rising inflection in a monotone.
c) Have the same patter for every hole, which is Name, Hole, shot number, for those of use who cannot read the screen.
d) Talk in .... sets of .... words without . . . actually making ... sense ... at all. I like to call this "RuddSpeak"

Join up now to avoid the rush.

It is nice to have Ozzie and few others there who actually know something and don't just describe what happens on the screen.

Hate the (unt.

Greeny
4th December 2008, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure Jay Townsend is such a great commentator either.

Like Foxsports, we all have access to Ten HD. And it's free!

PeteyD
4th December 2008, 05:20 PM
You should do commentary Virge. At least we'd get a laugh.

henno
4th December 2008, 05:51 PM
I don't care if they're not gifted speakers, as long as they can add something more to the broadcast other than, as virge said, regurgitate what is already on the screen.

A little back story here and there, some info on the gravity of why he needs to be at 5 under, rather than just telling me he is. The graphics already do a good job of that.

Scoreboards should score. Commentators should comment.

Jarro
4th December 2008, 06:29 PM
Look, in all seriousness, we don't need them!!

Just a scrolling leaderboard across the bottom of the screen is all we need, we can work the rest out for ourselves :roll:

henno
4th December 2008, 06:57 PM
Not entirely true. Often the cameramen are in so tight on the ball you have no idea whether the shot is heading straight for the pin of the next fairway.

virge666
4th December 2008, 10:17 PM
Scoreboards should score. Commentators should comment.

Can I get an Amen !

Just watch it tomorrow and make your own decision. Listen to Ozzie and the other blokes - then listen to the dipshit.

There will be a shot of Lonard on the TV - the top left of the screen with say 6th hole, Par 4, 2nd shot. The ****head will say, "This is Lonard on the Par 4 6th, his second shot". Pete then hits his shot say left of the green, Leigh will say "he has hit that left of the green". Cut to Parry putting, "Now Parry on the Par 3, 5th, putting for birdie"... "and he misses that on the right" (repeat for four hours)

The guy is a dead set waste of Oxygen.

Richie B on the cricket said it best when he got Michael Slater in the booth. He pointed to the screen and simply said the Slater "Don't describe that".

The knob who does the US Ad breaks for Fox sports is the same. Same patter over and over...

AAARRRGGGHHHHH !!!

Toolish
4th December 2008, 10:48 PM
we all have access to Ten HD. And it's free!

Ummm...no

virge666
5th December 2008, 12:04 AM
Ummm...no

Go to Aldi and buy one - they cost all of $30 for a HD tuner.

Rusty
5th December 2008, 12:39 AM

i kept blinking when i saw that. thought it was Channel 10's next attempt at subliminal advertising. i thought about ringing ACMA.

yes, this is definitely one broadcast to watch with the volume down.

watching Ogilvy's smooth swing, was certianly a lesson in rhythm + not overswinging.

Toolish
5th December 2008, 08:25 AM
Go to Aldi and buy one - they cost all of $30 for a HD tuner.

which I would tune into what exactly seen as channel 10 don't broadcast HD here?

oncewasagolfer
5th December 2008, 08:26 AM
can't get 10 hd here stupid southern cross. they should bring back tim webster he was a great comentator:lol:

sms316
5th December 2008, 08:41 AM
Timmy does talkback radio on 2UE between midday and 3pm. And he is actually really good too.

moree golfer
5th December 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure Jay Townsend is such a great commentator either.

Like Foxsports, we all have access to Ten HD. And it's free!

No we don't ALL have access to Ten HD! Southern Cross Ten haven't got the nouse or loot to show it in regional areas, and before you reply, yes I have an HD tuner. We get the High Definition Frickin Demonstration FFS. Can you tell it urks me :mad:?

sms316
5th December 2008, 09:38 AM
There is no way any of the FTA channels should be allowed to cover sporting events unless they show it on their standard channel at the very least.

Give it to Fox - at least everyone has access to it. If they don't have it, at least it is their choice.

moree golfer
5th December 2008, 09:40 AM
There is no way any of the FTA channels should be allowed to cover sporting events unless they show it on their standard channel at the very least.

Give it to Fox - at least everyone has access to it. If they don't have it, at least it is their choice.

Hear, hear. There should be legislation ensuring this is the case.

BrisVegas
5th December 2008, 09:47 AM
Hopefully when the new digital FTA channels come online soon, they'll show more sporting events like this on the extra channels. Foxtel is a ripoff that many families can't afford, so I don't agree that our sporting events should be "given" to them.

sms316
5th December 2008, 09:55 AM
Hopefully when the new digital FTA channels come online soon, they'll show more sporting events like this on the extra channels. Foxtel is a ripoff that many families can't afford, so I don't agree that our sporting events should be "given" to them.
I'll put it another way - I'm pissed off that I pay for Foxtel, only for a FTA channel to buy the rights of a sporting event, and not show it in my area. It's criminal.

BrisVegas
5th December 2008, 09:58 AM
cancel Foxtel. It's a great feeling, let me tell you!

Rusty
5th December 2008, 10:01 AM
surely event management would figure out they could 1. make a bit more $ from selling rights to both Ten & Foxtel, and 2. get coverage to more people.

sms316
5th December 2008, 10:06 AM
The last time Fox covered golf, they had a ridiculous sound effect (the sound of a full blooded driver hitting a ball) going whenever a shot was played. It sounded terrible, especially when a player is hitting a 100m sw.

virge666
5th December 2008, 10:11 AM
The last time Fox covered golf, they had a ridiculous sound effect (the sound of a full blooded driver hitting a ball) going whenever a shot was played. It sounded terrible, especially when a player is hitting a 100m sw.

That sounds insane... but funny.

The Nedbank is on Fox and I think Q School is there too.

So Southern Cross have no HD channels.... do you get the other Digital channels, say the 4 Channel 7 channels ?

Dotty
5th December 2008, 10:19 AM
cancel Foxtel. It's a great feeling, let me tell you!
:smt038:smt038 :smt038

Did that 10 years ago, and haven't regretted it at all.

No kids and would rather play 9 holes (like yesterday) or work in the yard, than watch TV in the daytime.

ps. The feeling gets better, everytime they try to get you back via door-knocking or telesales.

poidda
5th December 2008, 10:34 AM
I'll put it another way - I'm pissed off that I pay for Foxtel, only for a FTA channel to buy the rights of a sporting event, and not show it in my area. It's criminal.

So let me get this right. You're pissed off that you pay a shyte load of money for a shyte pay tv service that is to cheap to even buy the golf. (which I guesss was vvery very cheap to buy the rights for)

So who's the criminal here?

And for the record, I'm pissed off I can't watch the A-League on FTA. I am forced to go to the local tavern and have a few pints week in week out. :roll:

moree golfer
5th December 2008, 10:49 AM
So Southern Cross have no HD channels.... do you get the other Digital channels, say the 4 Channel 7 channels ?

Southern Cross have Ten HD but only some shows are shown ie. Law & Order SVU, Idol and that sort of nighttime crap. I am yet to find someone to ask WTF can't they show the golf instead of a demonstration signal. Where's the extra cost if they are showing it in the major cities anyhow? It's got me stumped :roll:.

Greeny
5th December 2008, 02:52 PM
No we don't ALL have access to Ten HD! Southern Cross Ten haven't got the nouse or loot to show it in regional areas, and before you reply, yes I have an HD tuner. We get the High Definition Frickin Demonstration FFS. Can you tell it urks me :mad:?

Sorry guys. I had no idea. That sucks.
I'm part of the stoopid city folk.

virge666
5th December 2008, 03:18 PM
Southern Cross have Ten HD but only some shows are shown ie. Law & Order SVU, Idol and that sort of nighttime crap. I am yet to find someone to ask WTF can't they show the golf instead of a demonstration signal. Where's the extra cost if they are showing it in the major cities anyhow? It's got me stumped :roll:.

You regional blokes... no rain, no phones, no hospitals and now no golf.

That pretty much just sux, but on a bright note - you don't have Dip-Shit Diffy.

Anyone know if there is an Internet TV channel you could watch ?

PeteyD
5th December 2008, 05:15 PM
which one is dip shit? They all sound like morons

virge666
5th December 2008, 06:28 PM
Big fan of Grant Dodd and Ozzie Moore. The Seppo ain't too bad either.

if anyone saw Ozzie Moore special sequence on the golf swing on the Golf Show... the man knows his stuff and can communicate it to.

I would put hiim up against Jack Newton, Nick Faldo and Johnny Miller any time in the commentating game.

Jarro
5th December 2008, 07:10 PM
if anyone saw Ozzie Moore special sequence on the golf swing on the Golf Show... the man knows his stuff and can communicate it to.

Yeah i saw that, very informative.

Ozzie really knows his shit 8-)

BrisVegas
5th December 2008, 07:22 PM
I'm loving the coverage in prime time, regardless of the inane commentary

sms316
1st July 2009, 01:41 PM
Get ready to unleash Diffey!!!

http://www.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=128870

Craig_Syd
1st July 2009, 01:52 PM
Oh how times change! Bring back Jack and Sandy!!!!!!

razaar
1st July 2009, 04:09 PM
Would you bite the pillow for him ?
:lol:

sms316
29th September 2009, 02:33 PM
Listening to the Big Sports Breakfast this morning, and that dicksmacker Brett Ogle was saying he is going to be at Harding Park.

God no! Why do we need idiot commentators on our televisions? I'd rather have Johnny Miller.

razaar
29th September 2009, 02:51 PM
Listening to the Big Sports Breakfast this morning, and that dicksmacker Brett Ogle was saying he is going to be at Harding Park.

God no! Why do we need idiot commentators on our televisions? I'd rather have Johnny Miller.
:shock:

Courty
29th September 2009, 03:27 PM
I'd rather have Johnny Miller.

You can't be serious. Johnny Miller is golfs version of Gus Gould. :roll:

KristianJ
29th September 2009, 03:50 PM

Wasn't he on location at the Barclays or one of the other playoff events for the Golf Show recently? Maybe it's just Golf Show related stuff and he won't have anything to do with the coverage that Fox Sports show.

virge666
29th September 2009, 04:02 PM
Personally I don't Ogle... at least he knows his shit and doesn't resort to ever putting being vital and must make and the biggest of each players career.

Just no Diffy - oh god please no diffy and no greg rust

sms316
29th September 2009, 04:41 PM
You can't be serious. Johnny Miller is golfs version of Gus Gould. :roll:
He is. Just shows how little I rate Ogle. He's a poor version of McCord/Feherty. Tries too hard and fails miserably.

SeldomEagles
29th September 2009, 06:29 PM
Isn't Diffey based in the US now and commentating on Speed channel? Motor racing channel not amphetamine channel he wouldn't come back to lowly TV in Australia now he is an American superstar

zigwah
29th September 2009, 06:49 PM
this on yet?

raidrboy
29th September 2009, 10:21 PM
Channel 10 has a new weekly golf show starting in the next week or so on their sports one channel. It will be hosted by Andrew Maher. Sorry I don't have any more info at present.

Hamo84
1st October 2009, 04:39 PM
Andrew Maher wont be too bad, he seems to have a pretty broad knowledge of quite a few sports and doesnt seem to annoy me like some of the other presenters do.

Hamo84
1st October 2009, 04:40 PM
He is. Just shows how little I rate Ogle. He's a poor version of McCord/Feherty. Tries too hard and fails miserably.
Wht do you think of Mccord and Feherty. I dont hear Mccord on a lot, however David Feherty cracks me up.. some of the stuff he says is pure gold.....

sms316
1st October 2009, 04:45 PM
I think the CBS coverage is daylight ahead of anything else in the world. Jim Nance is one of the most knowledgable sports commentators going around, and McCord/Feherty provide a quality colour element to what can be a dull sport to cover.

Baker-Finch has never been my cup of tea (personally I think he dumbs down his commentary and isn't critical enough), but I think he is used better by CBS than he was by ABC. I don't think he is up to a hosting role, but as a hole commentator he is quite suited.

Faldo has been a revelation. Going back 10 years, who would have thought the guy actually had a sense of humour?

Hamo84
1st October 2009, 05:26 PM
I think the CBS coverage is daylight ahead of anything else in the world. Jim Nance is one of the most knowledgable sports commentators going around, and McCord/Feherty provide a quality colour element to what can be a dull sport to cover.

Baker-Finch has never been my cup of tea (personally I think he dumbs down his commentary and isn't critical enough), but I think he is used better by CBS than he was by ABC. I don't think he is up to a hosting role, but as a hole commentator he is quite suited.

Faldo has been a revelation. Going back 10 years, who would have thought the guy actually had a sense of humour?

I love the CBS coverage, its just a shame that we only get like 2-4 hours of it and not the whole rounds coverage.

I reckon whoever is broadcasting the Aus golf this year should try and get Nick Faldo, he would be brilliant

sms316
3rd December 2009, 04:15 PM

Why Channel 10? Why ?

Oh no.

Yeah that Diffy charcter is a real dipshit :roll:

Looks like i'll be watching it with the volume down .... like i do for all things telecast on channel 9 :mrgreen:

which one is dip shit? They all sound like morons
12 months on... and the coverage is still a wank.

I quite like Diffey.
And golfer69 is still on drugs.

3oneday
3rd December 2009, 05:03 PM
The golf is OK, I just tune out and watch it. Easy to do once you've been married a while ;)