PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing December 1st

Grunt
2nd December 2008, 03:27 PM
Played Ashlar today with Virgal Tracy. It was only my second game since the Champs and the break had definitely given my game a boost. Not that the score would say so. I faded badly to score 1 point on the last 3 holes :oops:. Was a nice day for golf, not too hot.

Stats

32 points
5 pars:)
2 Wipes :oops:
8/13 Fairways
2 GIR
4/10 Up & Downs
1/2 Sand Saves
32 Putts (1x 3 Putt)

Next Game: Some time next week.

razaar
2nd December 2008, 04:04 PM
2 GIR
2 Wipes
4/10 up&downs
1/2 sand saves
missing 2 holes? :?

Grunt
2nd December 2008, 04:16 PM
2 up, up & downs ;)

razaar
2nd December 2008, 05:03 PM
:) AAhh.

oobsadd2
3rd December 2008, 10:15 AM
Played links lady bay in a Titleist challenge day, winner gets 6 titleist balls.
Stroke event. Only lost 1 ball on the 16 th.
Net 70 woo hoo, dont play to my handicap much at the moment.
8 fairways
14 greens
33 putts.
Im not to sure whether to call bout who won the balls. Dont want to seem too eager.

BrisVegas
3rd December 2008, 10:30 AM
nice shooting oobs! Any par round is worth shouting about.

Bruce
6th December 2008, 02:24 PM
After an absolute **** of a week at work I was desperate to get out for a hit today. Normally a recipe for disaster, but not so today.

82 (12 over) at Sandringham Public this morning. 1 birdie, 1 triple and a sand save. Driver was working really well (1 blemish for a lot ball and the triple) and I generally go alright if I'm getting off the tee.

I feel so much better about the world now. Thankyou Golf.

BrisVegas
6th December 2008, 06:28 PM
Single stab today, 79 gross for 37 points.
12 fairways
9 GIR
32 putts

EDIT: woohoo! won the comp & NTP on #7. First comp win since joining in July.

oobsadd2
6th December 2008, 06:39 PM
12 fairways
9 GIR
32 putts

Always good to beat the handicap, You must be pretty darn good off the tee........are the greens small where you played?

Courty
6th December 2008, 07:07 PM

Your gross beat my nett. :oops:

oobsadd2
6th December 2008, 07:58 PM
stroke around Grange east today, my home course.nett 71first round with my Dynamic Black gold shafts.7 fairways11 greens30 putts.I was getting up and down bloody well till I plugged it in the face of the bunker on the last and bladed it through the green and took double.Oh yeah, Hit a shank as well :(

BrisVegas
6th December 2008, 08:03 PM
Always good to beat the handicap, You must be pretty darn good off the tee........are the greens small where you played?

I hit a lot of fairways typically. I don't hit it miles and Brookwater has a few holes which feed the ball back into play. The greens are not that small, but they're tricky. An up and down is no guarantee, that's for sure!

www.brookwatergolf.com

Eag's
6th December 2008, 09:33 PM
Nice round Dion it would of been a stinker out there today?

Fishman Dan
6th December 2008, 10:29 PM
First round since the State of Origin debacle. Had a good day out and was very surprised how well I hit it.

To sum it all up, a double on the last left me with a nett +1, which was pretty disappointing. Can't really blame that - I had a TC Chen on the 6th which also cost me an additional stroke. Either way it was good to be out there again.

Scottt
7th December 2008, 07:13 AM
I had a hit at Malden Golf Club yesterday, about 40 mins south-west of the middle of London.

Played the front nine with two members, then they finished and I played the back with three others. The company was great and the course was surprisingly good.

Basically a parkland course with six great holes, six average ones and six fair to poor ones.

TWP would've loved all the bunkers in the middle of the fairways 260m from the tee...

Anyway, had 86 (+15) for 30pts.

4 fairways
6 greens
35 putts - greens were slow and mushy after some dud weather.

After playing about twice a week for much of the past year, it was good to get back on the golf course after a month without playing.

mikezone13
7th December 2008, 09:54 AM
Stroke day, birdied 18 to hit 89 off the stick (hooray) nett 78. Worked on a few changes and was pretty happy with my ball striking just got punished by my off line shots and couldn't hole any putts, a 9 (hittign the same tree 5 times) on a 250m par 4 doesn't help either :)

Courty
7th December 2008, 10:01 AM
a 9 (hitting the same tree 5 times) on a 250m par 4 doesn't help either :)

:shock: WTF?! :-k

Dazza
7th December 2008, 12:20 PM
Played 9 holes this morning, shot 49 with 15 putts. Was happy to break 50 after the round I had.
Holey crap it was hot, hottest round I've played here. Not a breath of wind.
Putting let me down badly, had one 3 putt & a few 2's which probably should have been 1's.
Wedge play was superb both from 100mt & around the green.
Was bad with driver today, everything wanted to go left for some reason.
Hybrids from the tee need some work, on both occasions I had issues.

But.... I kept my cool & didn't get fired up/agro etc. So thats a great effort for me! :D

Missus also tagged along, she really felt the heat & did well to make the 9.
She shot 74 with 21 putts.
Had some long-distance putts to contend with today which didn't help. Needs to work on her short game as it cost her a lot of shots today.
Really ripped her driver off the tee, managed to find fairway on most holes.
Hybrids worked well as did her 3 wood from the fairway.

We'll both be members next week, so it'll give us a chance to play more. :)

Golfnut
7th December 2008, 12:46 PM
Played the back 9 At Glen Iris with my 2 usual playing partners.
Again, just couldn't get my fricken hybrid working today despite plenty of practice during the week.
First 5 holes went like this:
Par (4):razz:
Quad Bogey (5) :smt093
Bogey (3)
Bogey (4)
Birdie (4):D ....looked like heading for my best score ever then
Quad Bogey (4):smt013
Bogey (3)
Triple Bogey (5):evil:
Double (4).
So in other words blew the cr@p out of the game at the end :smt093

5/7 Fairways
4/9 Greens
20 Putts :smt093

I need some serious help

mikezone13
7th December 2008, 03:10 PM
:shock: WTF?! :-k

It is quite humourous so I'll give you then run down.

Stroke 1: Hooked my drive in to a clump of about 6 pine trees about 40m left of the green,

Stroke 2: Got a bit cute with my punch out going for the back edge of the green and hit "my tree" square on ball came back just missed me then hit another tree behind me and just missed me again and came to rest against a big root

Stroke 3: Just tried to smash iot hoping for a good richochet off the root (and no sore wrists) ball hit the root went straight up in the air and just about landed on the eact same spot

Stroke 4: Nothing to lose now so spied a nice gap towards the flag and pushed it again in to "my tree" - ball again came to rest in nearly the same spot

Stroke 5: See stroke 4 but thankfully ball came to rest in a different spot where I could try a low 8 iron to the green

Stroke 6: Fianlly got out of the trees but clipped the voer hanging branches of my tree so the ball only got halfway to the green

Stroke 7: Got a bit cute trying to pitch from the rough to a close cut pin and fluffed it

Stroke 8: Chipped past the pin on to the fringe

Stroke 9: Holed a 12 footer (1st 1 putt of the day) from the fringe

Championship form I tell you!

AndyP
7th December 2008, 05:41 PM
6/12/2008, Headland GC, Stroke (their Monthly Mug)

9/14 effective tee-shots.
4/18 effective approaches.
2/11 up and down successes.
36 putts.
-----------------
6 pars.
8 bogeys.
4 others.

Scores (B9 1st) 44-46-90 nett 79 (Par 36-36-72 CCR 73)

Can I get a new handicap please? That's 3 +17 rounds, then a plus +18 (CCR +1) in a row. This was my first round in four weeks though, and just a warmup for Brooky next week.

Four pars to start the round were a surprise, but I was stupid enough to mention to a playing partner that I'd hit the first three greens and probably wouldn't hit any more.....
A triple bogey on the par 3 14th (my fifth) and order was restored.
As you'd expect, the short game is shabby, and there is very rarely a straight-forward putt or up and down at Headland.

I haven't really been playing any retard shots, but I'm certainly not a 11 capper at the moment. There are glimpses though.

Next round: PAIN!!!! Next Sunday is the Brooky BBQ Bash. I've just gotta hit some greens.

AndyP
7th December 2008, 05:57 PM
After an absolute **** of a week at work I was desperate to get out for a hit today. Normally a recipe for disaster, but not so today.

82 (12 over) at Sandringham Public this morning. 1 birdie, 1 triple and a sand save. Driver was working really well (1 blemish for a lot ball and the triple) and I generally go alright if I'm getting off the tee.

I feel so much better about the world now. Thankyou Golf.Nice one, Brucey. It's a shame the handicapper couldn't chop a shot off.

Bruce
7th December 2008, 06:20 PM
The group I was playing with have their own handicapping system.

They changed their system this year to a more 'volatile' one. Consecutive failures to play to your handicap get multilplied. 0.1 the first time, 0.2 the next, 0.4 the next, 0.8, 1.6 etc. with no limits.

5 rounds to go out 3.1 shots. 6 will get you 6.3!!

Unsurprisingly they are changing it again next year after an awful lot of 43 point rounds in the group.

BrisVegas
7th December 2008, 06:54 PM
Can I get a new handicap please? That's 3 +17 rounds, then a plus +18 (CCR +1) in a row. This was my first round in four weeks though, and just a warmup for Brooky next week.
Next round: PAIN!!!! Next Sunday is the Brooky BBQ Bash. I've just gotta hit some greens.

sheesh P, relax man! Dont work yourself up into a tiz over it.

The gold tees were refurbed a few weeks back and haven't recovered, so we'll most likely be off the silver tees on Sunday. The course is pretty manageable at that length (if you can stay out of the bunkers). Even I beat the handicap this week! ;)

dc68
7th December 2008, 08:22 PM
37 points in a 4 ball multiplyer on saturdaytoo bad my partner played like a gimp!!!

44 points today in a single stab. Enough to win the comp.Hit it pretty well, funnily though i thought I hit the ball better yesterday.

BrisVegas
7th December 2008, 08:25 PM
crikey!! great golfing dave.

henno
7th December 2008, 08:34 PM
I shot my first ever birdie on a legit long par 4 today. Yeah so what you say, but for me it's a rather big deal. I must have had dozens of birdies on par 3s, 5s and short par 4s (270-320m) this year, but never have I ever birdied a long ~400m par 4.

I don't care what you flushers say, trying to get a long iron shot to a) hit the green, and b) stick to it, is tough work for choppers like me. Well, after a reasonable 240m drive with a bit of draw around the bend and into the middle of the fairway, I middled a crisp 4-iron to carry 160m to a slightly elevated green, just left of the pin, one bounce and about a foot of backspin. A nice 10-footer saw me marking a 3 on the card, and grinning like the fool I am.

I'd like to thank Callaway for the check off the Tour 56s, and Virge for the brilliant Bridgey GC Mids. Top set of sticks mate! :smt023

I still shot in the 90's, but you can't have it all your way I suppose.

Now back to your regular programing.

adlo
7th December 2008, 08:38 PM
Nice one Henno. I know the feeling. Always approaching 400m par 4s with hybrids or 4 iron is a bitch and birdies are few and faaaaaaaaar between. Well done.

Eag's
7th December 2008, 08:43 PM
44 Pts great shooting Dave :smt023

dc68
7th December 2008, 09:48 PM
BV, Eags, Moo..... Ta.

damoocow
7th December 2008, 09:53 PM
Nice shooting DC - you have picked up a few wins lately - I think you should celebrate extra hard this Xmas...

damoocow
7th December 2008, 09:55 PM

onya Bruce - I vaguely remember Royal Sandringham where I played a few times as a spotty teen but have fonder memories of a little 9 holer at Cheltenham - would love to get back there one day - is it still going ?

kev
7th December 2008, 10:51 PM
<snip>have fonder memories of a little 9 holer at Cheltenham - would love to get back there one day - is it still going ?

Cheltenham Golf Club (http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&ll=-37.968189,145.049229&spn=0.011215,0.018775&t=h&z=16) - yep still there.

damoocow
7th December 2008, 10:53 PM
Keperra opened for members comps this week after the substantial storm devastation of 3 weeks ago - 18 of the 27 holes are open [the front 9 is a long way from being ready - it really copped a hiding, and even the 18 we played on Saturday still show the signs of the carnage the course copped] played stroke for a 45 / 46 / 91 / nett 73 which was OK but some poor putting let me down..

damoocow
7th December 2008, 11:03 PM
Cheltenham Golf Club (http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&ll=-37.968189,145.049229&spn=0.011215,0.018775&t=h&z=16) - yep still there.

Thanks Kev - will have a closer look at work tomorrow and try and work out if I can remember any of the holes [from 1983 !] - have you played there recently ?

mike
7th December 2008, 11:05 PM
Didn't play this weekend

goonie
7th December 2008, 11:58 PM
Shot a net 76 (5 over) for my first game since the champs. I wasn't expecting much having not played in a month. had 40 on the back nine with a birdie which was solid. hit some good great wedge shots from inside 100m which was a nice surprise. hit an unwanted draw/hook with the driver (sometimes) and irons all day which was annoying. GC mids are gone, too much offset which is not helping. will head to the range a few times this week and will be looking forward to next week.

kev
8th December 2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks Kev - will have a closer look at work tomorrow and try and work out if I can remember any of the holes [from 1983 !] - have you played there recently ?

You're welcome.

Never played there at all, but drive past it every Saturday - go figure. A couple of guys have told me it's a great little course, so will have to give it a go sometime.

TourFit
9th December 2008, 06:01 PM
Shot 35 off the members tees at Joondalup (Quarry) this morning. Was 3 under for the first 5 holes !!! WTF? The game was just ON. Had some 'arse' involved though.

1: (PAR 4) -3 Wood dead centre / 7 iron to middle of green / holed 35 ft R to L putt (3)
2: (PAR 4) - Short Drive (terrible lie & stance) / Bunted it up short of green / holed LW from 40ft and 10ft below green (3)
3: (PAR 3) - 9 iron to 12 ft / 2 putt (3)
4: (PAR 5) - Skinny Driver / 4 iron for position / 9 iron to 20 ft / 2 putt (5)
5: (PAR 4) - 18* Hybrid draw / 7 iron from 1st cut to 4 ft (almost holed) / Holed putt (3)
6: (PAR 4) - 3 Wood dead centre / 6 iron to front edge / 1/2 way to hole / 2 putt (5)
7: (PAR 3) - Pulled 7 iron long left / LW to 5 ft / pulled putt / tap in (4)
8: (PAR 5) - Smashed drive dead centre / 3 wood to back edge / lipped out from fringe from 12 ft for eagle / tap in (4)
9: (PAR 4) - Driver FW bunker Right / 6i bit fat, short left rough / LW to 15 ft / 2 putt (5)

Pretty happy, as my game has just been horrific lately. This gives me some encouragement that the 'changes' being made are starting to show.
However, the back nine was a slightly different story...the 'changes' are not quite set yet and the game kinda had some glitches. Lost 2 balls which didn't help (giving a quad bogey, and a triple), had two drops on the one hole and then holed the chip from 40 ft with the LW (for a double!). Had another birdie on the 15th, and then a 5 footer on the last for another birdie but missed (partner walked into my view on the backstoke!!!)

damoocow
9th December 2008, 08:35 PM
Shot 35 off the members tees at Joondalup (Quarry) this morning. Was 3 under for the first 5 holes !!! WTF? The game was just ON. Had some 'arse' involved though.

1) 3 Wood dead centre / 7 iron to middle of green / holed 35 ft R to L putt
2) Short Drive (terrible lie & stance) / Bunted it up short of green / holed
LW from 15ft below green
3) 9 iron to 12 ft / 2 putt
4) Skinny Driver / 4 iron for position / 9 iron to 20 ft / 2 putt
5) 18* Hybrid draw / 7 iron from 1st cut to 4 ft (almost holed) / Holed
putt
6) 3 Wood dead centre / 6 iron to front edge / 1/2 way to hole / 2 putt
7) Pulled 7 iron long left / LW to 5 ft / pulled putt / tap in
8) Smashed drive dead centre / 3 wood to back edge / lipped out from
fringe from 12 ft for eagle / tap in
9) Driver FW bunker Right / 6i bit fat, short left rough / LW to 15 ft /
2 putt

Pretty happy, as my game has just been horrific lately. This gives me some encouragement that the 'changes' being made are starting to show.
However, the back nine was a slightly different story...the 'changes' are not quite set yet and the game kinda had some glitches. Lost 2 balls which didn't help (giving a quad bogey, and a triple), had two drops on the one hole and then holed the chip from 40 ft with the LW (for a double!). Had another birdie on the 15th, and then a 5 footer on the last for another birdie but missed (partner walked into my view on the backstoke!!!)

Great shooting Tourfit ! - you gotta love those rounds when it all just works out the right way...

Flowergirl
9th December 2008, 08:50 PM

Nice scoring there Bruce.:smt038

Flowergirl
9th December 2008, 08:57 PM
Just got back today from a week away with John. We just threw the clubs and a suitcase in the back of the car and headed off for a bit of a break.
Could someone please remind John that when you take electric buggies away that you need to pack the BATTERIES as well.:smt093:shock:;)

We played at Yarram, Bega and Merimbula. We ended up in Bright - came the long way home throught he high country. We were going to play at Bright but ended up getting drunk and having wild sex instead. You know what - just goes to show that with enough alcohol and poor lighting - you can be 30 again!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen:

damoocow
9th December 2008, 09:32 PM
Just got back today from a week away with John. We just threw the clubs and a suitcase in the back of the car and headed off for a bit of a break.
Could someone please remind John that when you take electric buggies away that you need to pack the BATTERIES as well.:smt093:shock:;)

We played at Yarram, Bega and Merimbula. We ended up in Bright - came the long way home throught he high country. We were going to play at Bright but ended up getting drunk and having wild sex instead. You know what - just goes to show that with enough alcohol and poor lighting - you can be 30 again!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen:

FFS some decorum please - moderator where are you ?

mike
9th December 2008, 11:07 PM

Pics ?

BrisVegas
10th December 2008, 08:02 AM
popups?

PeteyD
10th December 2008, 11:13 AM
Where is the you tube video?

dazzgolf
19th December 2008, 01:38 PM
its alittle late but havent time the last few months to post anything
played the monthly medal and shot 69 of the bat with 64 nett

5 fairways
13 greens
2 sand saves
3 up and downs
29 putts

won the day and got a pro pin aswell, was a good day.