PDA

View Full Version : WA Golf Courses

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

McMw
11th June 2010, 06:17 PM
Hats off to BD and staff....played the Tuart Course with my brother today and was really blown away by the course condition, particularly my bro who hadn't played there in years.....greens were the best I've ever played at Wembley......well done, keep it up.
Twas a day of what could've been finishing with 88 off the stick......a 4 putt on 9 :shock: after a pin high perfect U/D killed any chance of a mid 80's round from what was one of my most solid rounds on Tuart. Look forward to heading back soon.

is Tuart the old course or the new course?
I played the OLD last year, and if I remember correctly, the 9th is the par4 uphill all the way?
things must have improved a lot since then, coz the greens on the back 9 weren't pretty at all!!!

Golfnut
11th June 2010, 09:37 PM
McMw, Tuart course is the newer course but I know the whole your talking about.

I had a severe case of the instant Yips for no reason on the 9th Tuart.....U/D to 2ft, par putt rolled by, bogey putt rolled by, 'instant yips' double rolls by...then in ,WTF......the first putt was a no brainer I just made a 3 course dinner out of it. 2nd game out with the Bett so still finding my way with the short putts.......birdied the next hole though with an unbelievable putt off the green :D

Bruce Dickinson
17th June 2010, 11:10 PM
couple more snaps

69er designed practice area, we are going to put a tee where the photo was taken to provide a "spare hole" if required. Would be about 80 metres to a four tiered green

lower level view

Yossarian
17th June 2010, 11:14 PM
bruce I played tuart the other day, was nice but one of the bunkers on the back nine needs some sand. I almost killed a guy on the tee of 13 blading one out of a greenside trap.

Bruce Dickinson
17th June 2010, 11:17 PM
bruce I played tuart the other day, was nice but one of the bunkers on the back nine needs some sand. I almost killed a guy on the tee of 13 blading one out of a greenside trap.
what hole were you playing....and take note that I can blade bunkers shots from varied sand types and depths :lol:

Yossarian
17th June 2010, 11:36 PM
14 I think, I was in that back trap with the pin cut in such as way that I was facing the 13th tee when playing the shot.

Didn't even have time to yell fore :)

I still don't believe your short game could be that bad.

Bruce Dickinson
17th June 2010, 11:37 PM
14 I think, I was in that back trap with the pin cut in such as way that I was facing the 13th tee when playing the shot.

Didn't even have time to yell fore :)

I still don't believe your short game could be that bad.
you can putt out of that bunker, its texas wedge territory

Johnny Canuck
17th June 2010, 11:59 PM
the guys on 13 would have been in even greater danger if he tried to putt out of the bunker

adlo
18th June 2010, 01:06 AM
That is a serious contender for post of the year. Hilarious.

abdullahabin
21st June 2010, 07:38 PM
How many here are Hartfield members?

Veefore
22nd June 2010, 09:43 AM
About 6 or 7 I think.

Johnny Canuck
22nd June 2010, 10:13 AM
Veefore, Veeman, Zeus, Simmsy, Canuck, Seldom Pars, Sir Shank-a-lot and how could I almost forget Nuffles.

abdullahabin
22nd June 2010, 01:38 PM
How is the course looking? It has to be one of the best layouts around, yet most golfers tend to find the place so hard that they tend to bad mouth it.
Have they made any major changes in the past 2 years?

Johnny Canuck
22nd June 2010, 03:13 PM
The course is in great shape at the moment. The greens are slick, but they've softened and are fair.

I've not sure about changes as I've just joined.

Pieface
22nd June 2010, 04:33 PM
the guys on 13 would have been in even greater danger if he tried to putt out of the bunker

That is a serious contender for post of the year. Hilarious.

Gold!

MegaWatty
22nd June 2010, 08:18 PM
Veefore, Veeman, Zeus, Simmsy, Canuck, Seldom Pars and how could I almost forget Nuffles.

Ummmmmmm.

Yossarian
22nd June 2010, 08:34 PM
Ha! No one will remember you when I defeat you 8 and 7.

MegaWatty
22nd June 2010, 08:45 PM
Ha! No one will remember you when I defeat you 8 and 7.

Already forgotten it seems! What a Seppo pig!

Veefore
22nd June 2010, 08:52 PM
That's why I didn't name names. I knew I'd forget someone.

simmsy
22nd June 2010, 09:06 PM
don't worry Mega - i'll never forget you. after all you're the only person i know that has had 5 shanks......

in the one round!!

MegaWatty
22nd June 2010, 09:14 PM
4. One was a practice.

More like I'm the only one that will play in your group on a Thursday!

Johnny Canuck
22nd June 2010, 09:16 PM
Veefore, Veeman, Zeus, Simmsy, Canuck, Seldom Pars, Sir Shank-a-lot and how could I almost forget Nuffles.

Ummmmmmm.

Apologies. Fixed.

MegaWatty
22nd June 2010, 09:21 PM
Apologies. Fixed.

You weren't there. You have no right. ;)

Johnny Canuck
22nd June 2010, 09:39 PM
You weren't there. You have no right. ;)

I found a yellow Srixon in the bushes past the 5th tee. Does that bring me into it?

MegaWatty
22nd June 2010, 09:41 PM
There is no way you could have found mine and survived! So no.

TourFit
22nd June 2010, 10:04 PM
I found a yellow Srixon in the bushes past the 5th tee. Does that bring me into it?

:smt038:smt038:smt038 "Got Him...YES!!!"

Johnny Canuck
22nd June 2010, 10:13 PM
It was easy to find. It was right next to the decaying old man in a cardigan.

Golfnut
22nd June 2010, 10:49 PM
How many here are Hartfield members?

Too many IMO.....it's becoming the WAnker disease.......JC was the latest to crumble.

adlo
22nd June 2010, 10:52 PM
With reduced noms it is tempting to join Hartfield, it is pretty damn close to home for me.

However, I would prefer to rob a bank for the noms at Mt Lawley.

MegaWatty
22nd June 2010, 10:55 PM
We got reduced noms again?

Think about all your golfing buds in one easy and convenient location Ads...;)

simmsy
22nd June 2010, 11:05 PM
nah Ads would never join....he thinks hartfield is too hard.:wink:

just think Adlo if you play hartfield reguarly, when you go to Mt Lawley you will score 45+points.

simmsy
22nd June 2010, 11:07 PM

yep, i don't know how much longer for though? i was suprised they did it as most fields are always pretty close to full in winter and always full in Summer.

Vee - any light on the reasons?

adlo
22nd June 2010, 11:12 PM

That is the main positive and the main reason I considered it. However, very few of you golf on Saturdays.

nah Ads would never join....he thinks hartfield is too hard.:wink:

just think Adlo if you play hartfield reguarly, when you go to Mt Lawley you will score 45+points.

That is true. Hartfield is not the toughest, however it does sharpen your game very well. Mt Lawley feels as wide as a football field compared to Hartfield.

simmsy
22nd June 2010, 11:19 PM
That is the main positive and the main reason I considered it. However, very few of you golf on Saturdays.

That is true. Hartfield is not the toughest, however it does sharpen your game very well. Mt Lawley feels as wide as a football field compared to Hartfield.

Serious question - what's the toughest courses around Perth/Mandurah??

don't count LK or Cott as no one can get on them without bending over for someone.

I think SunCity is hard and Mandurah C.C and KB when the wind is blowing not so much on a cool autumn morning.

MegaWatty
22nd June 2010, 11:22 PM
KB. Wind or not off the tips.

The Cut.

I always found Whaleback tough because the greens are so shit! ;)

MegaWatty
22nd June 2010, 11:23 PM
And Joondalup. Those ****ing greens!!!

simmsy
22nd June 2010, 11:24 PM
yeah j'lup!!

The Cut is off the scale hard, cant imagine ever having an easy round at that place.

adlo
22nd June 2010, 11:24 PM
When the wind is up it would have to the be the Cut or KB.

Kennedy Bay is never EASY, any hole can bite you if you lapse in concentration. If you are hitting GIR you can score very well on a still day as you should hit a ton of fairways in still conditions at KB (if not, buy a new driver....)

Sun City's main defence is it's length, which is a crap reason for being difficult.

Joondy is tough, but The Cut is harder.

MegaWatty
22nd June 2010, 11:26 PM
KB and Joondy will still destroy you if you have 18 GIR if you don't get it in the right quadrant. Joondalup probably more so!

adlo
22nd June 2010, 11:32 PM
Def more so, Joondy greens are almost twice the size of KB!

Golfnut
22nd June 2010, 11:58 PM
I always found Whaleback tough because the greens are so shit! ;)

Classic MW :D......played there 3 weeks ago and remembered why I hadn't in ages......greens were shocking......but in saying that, I had one of my best rounds in my short golfing career with an 85 OTS!!!

MegaWatty
23rd June 2010, 12:04 AM
I hate the place! With a passion!

I used to play every Friday when I was getting back into golf 18 months ago. I haven't been back for a very long time. It was more of a chance for me to get out for a quick 9 holes to decide if I wanted some serious golf action again. I guess it served it's purpose!

Johnny Canuck
23rd June 2010, 12:12 AM
You guys overrate The Cut in terms of toughness. It is not overly long and the front nine is not too difficult at all.

Golfnut
23rd June 2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah I know what you mean MW.....played it quite regularly last winter to try and improve my iron game a little as the location was convenient but after the last round there, my brother and I vowed not to go back there again.

Played Kwinana today......my god the greens were insanely quick ......they were the quickest I have ever played!!! (and I have played Hartfield just before pennants)
Right hand bunker on 2 has been modified (made slightly bigger), probably to allow easier entry into the hazard more than anything.

Love the course, always have a great time out there regardless of scores....and as usual the course was in excellent condition.

Golfnut
23rd June 2010, 12:15 AM
You guys overrate The Cut in terms of toughness. It is not overly long and the front nine is not too difficult at all.

This from the 220m 4i hitter

MegaWatty
23rd June 2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah I know what you mean MW.....played it quite regularly last winter to try and improve my iron game a little as the location was convenient but after the last round there, my brother and I vowed not to go back there again.

Played Kwinana today......my god the greens were insanely quick ......they were the quickest I have ever played!!! (and I have played Hartfield just before pennants)
Right hand bunker on 2 has been modified (made slightly bigger), probably to allow easier entry into the hazard more than anything.

Love the course, always have a great time out there regardless of scores....and as usual the course was in excellent condition.

I think all greens across the state are pretty amazing at the moment. It's the combo of stunning sunny days with a bit of rain to help them along. Certainly not suffering the Winter burns...however...check out Thurs, Fri and Sat forecast minimums!!!

Golfnut
23rd June 2010, 12:27 AM
I think all greens across the state are pretty amazing at the moment. It's the combo of stunning sunny days with a bit of rain to help them along. Certainly not suffering the Winter burns...however...check out Thurs, Fri and Sat forecast minimums!!!

I know!!!! Thank God for Reverse cycle ducted A/C........Wife & I are going in very early Friday AM to have bubs no. 3 so should be nice and fresh that morning.

MegaWatty
23rd June 2010, 12:40 AM
Good stuff mate!

All the breast!

Golfnut
23rd June 2010, 12:42 AM
all the breast!

oob atm

idgolfguy
23rd June 2010, 03:25 AM

Even the Vines is in good condition. Probably due to Pennants.

TourFit
23rd June 2010, 12:51 PM
It was easy to find. It was right next to the decaying old man in a cardigan.

Big inhale of breath...

"I love the smell of decaying pensioner in the morning...!"

Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries ringing in the background.

Veefore
23rd June 2010, 12:53 PM

Kwinana was tough on sunday. After putting out on 12 my opponent stood on the low side of the green and threw his ball up to the high side. It slowly rolled back to his feet. He could have stood there doing it all day without moving his feet. 90% of that green is unusable.
I lost 14, 15 and 16 again after putting my approach shots just off the green above the hole and blowing the chip shots by the hole even though I landed them short of the green.

Re: Hartfield. It's a pretty good course that requires accuracy and a lot of imagination to play really well. There are better courses around but I have never been to a club with such atmosphere. Especially at Pennants time. Ask JC. :)

I love Mt Lawley's course but hate the club. After playing Hartfield the fairways feel soooooo wide and the course is so open I feel like I can't miss. I have always had really good results there but arrogance and stupidity seem to ruin nearly every visit. I won a Powakaddy there for the Classic earlier this year and didn't get it until the weekend before last.

Toughest course in Perth? That is really subjective but for me it's Kennedy Bay. I have played it twice and had no idea where to hit the ball. I really didn't enjoy either day. The Cut is tough but more stupid that difficult. I haven't played Joondalup since the early 90's so can't comment on that course. Sun City is long but again very wide. I have never had a bad result there.

/End nuffielike post.

TourFit
23rd June 2010, 01:02 PM
I love Mt Lawley's course but hate the club. After playing Hartfield the fairways feel soooooo wide and the course is so open I feel like I can't miss. I have always had really good results there but arrogance and stupidity seem to ruin nearly every visit. I won a Powakaddy there for the Classic earlier this year and didn't get it until the weekend before last.

Funny...but I don't find the fairways THAT wide at ML (then again I often don't hit straight).

We practice arrogance/stupidity regularly...in fact, the club seem to encourage the members to take lessons!! I'm working on it, but find it hard 'cause I don't have the natural talent for arrogance for many of our club members due to not having reams of money, a flash car, expensive house (or talk with a Sth African accent !!!!)

That too, is the thing I don't like about Mt Lawley. The atmosphere is a bit dead...and there are too many snobs and 'beige cardigans' whose motto seems to be "Thou Shalt Not..."

Veefore
23rd June 2010, 01:33 PM
Tourfit, I fully expected you to tell me how wrong I was and how Mt Lawley was a great, friendly club and I had just had run-ins with the wrong people.

Mt Lawley is the only course I have ever played where I didn't miss a single fairway in a round so naturally it is going to seem wide to me. :)

simmsy
23rd June 2010, 01:50 PM
'fit ml not wide? Really?

Widest parkland in Perth surely?

Johnny Canuck
23rd June 2010, 01:55 PM
It doesnt' appear that wide when Fit's ass is taking up half the fairway.

MegaWatty
23rd June 2010, 02:40 PM

He has a donkey?

TourFit
23rd June 2010, 02:44 PM
Tourfit, I fully expected you to tell me how wrong I was and how Mt Lawley was a great, friendly club and I had just had run-ins with the wrong people.

Nope. Pretty much accurate to me.

'fit ml not wide? Really? Widest parkland in Perth surely?

Meh...no course is really wide enough for me. I like WIDE open courses. REALLY WIDE. St Andrews was good.

G.G.F. :smt098

He has a donkey?

Parts of me are donkey like...but it's not my ass !!!

Pieface
23rd June 2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah that donkey never shut up in the Shrek movies either!

simmsy
23rd June 2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah that donkey never shut up in the Shrek movies either!
:lol::lol:

Veefore
23rd June 2010, 03:47 PM
Tourfit! No golf course can contain him!

Bob Hope used to say there are 140 courses in Myrtle Beach and former president Gerald Ford never knew which one he was playing until AFTER he tee'd off.

bergsey
28th June 2010, 02:49 PM
Anyone know when the new driving range at Wembley opens up... Bruce..?

Went down there last week, got the clubs out of the car only to find a sign saying that the driving range was closed :(

Bruce Dickinson
28th June 2010, 03:08 PM
Anyone know when the new driving range at Wembley opens up... Bruce..?

Went down there last week, got the clubs out of the car only to find a sign saying that the driving range was closed :(
Bergsey
It's been difficult to get a definitive date, at this stage it's another two weeks. The delay is in the finishing details like hand rails for stairs, glazing, painting etc.

I'm happy to let you know via a PM when we get a definite date

bergsey
28th June 2010, 03:19 PM
Bergsey
It's been difficult to get a definitive date, at this stage it's another two weeks. The delay is in the finishing details like hand rails for stairs, glazing, painting etc.

I'm happy to let you know via a PM when we get a definite date

Cool that would be great !

We should organise a night for all the ozgolfers to come down and christen it !

Bruce Dickinson
28th June 2010, 03:38 PM
Cool that would be great !

We should organise a night for all the ozgolfers to come down and christen it !
I'd wait maybe a month or so after opening to do that, the short game area and putting greens should be open by then. The teaching area will also be fully up operational by then

Golfnut
28th June 2010, 06:31 PM
Is the short game and putting greens going to be lit at night up Bruce?

Bruce Dickinson
28th June 2010, 06:41 PM
Is the short game and putting greens going to be lit at night up Bruce?
putting is lit up, short game is not yet but we'll look at that once open.

Bruce Dickinson
12th July 2010, 09:44 PM
the first winter casualty, luckily the course was empty

Golfnut
12th July 2010, 09:46 PM
Holy crap.....and I was gonna come up there for a hit this arvo BD.......where and what hole?

Golfnut
12th July 2010, 09:47 PM
Looks like somewhere on the old course.

Bruce Dickinson
12th July 2010, 09:50 PM
Holy crap.....and I was gonna come up there for a hit this arvo BD.......where and what hole?
1st of the Old, happened around 11.45am.

Golfnut
12th July 2010, 09:54 PM
Wow....could've been me!!!! I procrastinated a bit around 11.15am on whether to brave the weather and have a hit or not.....went to Maccas instead :D

Bruce Dickinson
12th July 2010, 09:59 PM
Wow....could've been me!!!! I procrastinated a bit around 11.15am on whether to brave the weather and have a hit or not.....went to Maccas instead :D
a couple of older gents went past about five minutes before it happened......

Golfnut
12th July 2010, 10:03 PM
Probably not a bad way to go out when your old.......:lol:

TourFit
13th July 2010, 11:01 AM
Probably not a bad way to go out when your old.......:lol:

How can you tell that the tree is old GN ??? ;)

Yossarian
13th July 2010, 01:13 PM
Bruce we all know you had that tree lopped, the wind had nothing to do with. Tree Killer! ;)

Bruce Dickinson
13th July 2010, 01:21 PM
Bruce we all know you had that tree lopped, the wind had nothing to do with. Tree Killer! ;)
you'd note that the distinct lack of green indicates that the tree may of already been a bit poorly.

Golfnut
13th July 2010, 10:26 PM
How can you tell that the tree is old GN ??? ;)

you'd note that the distinct lack of green indicates that the tree may of already been a bit poorly.

^^^

Bruce Dickinson
18th July 2010, 04:33 PM
updated snaps for 69er

SeldomEagles
19th July 2010, 02:33 PM
Played Mt Lawley for the first time yesterday, gee I like that course. Not just the fairways that seem a lot wider than what I am used to, even if you manage to miss the fairway there is often room to move the ball more than 10 metres sideways. Greens were beautiful and true. Fairway grass is softer than my carpet at home! Certainly a course that needs to be played more than once just to know where holes go and to place yourself in the right spots. Review over.

Uppy
20th July 2010, 12:32 AM
Hi everyone,

Below is a statement from our Greens Super about the bunkers at Kwinny. Any thoughts?

If you are having trouble with the pans of the bunker being firm and you skinny your bunker shots the best advice I can offer is to brushen up on your bunker shot techniques, as the firmer the bunker the easier the shot actually is. Soft bunkers are a golfers’ nightmare. Fortunately here at Kwinana we are very lucky and have the best sand money could buy for bunkers, so if you find yourself struggling with your bunker play ask the pro or a low handicap golfer for some tips and practice, practice, practice.
You can’t blame a bunker for your poor shot because it was placed there specifically to penalize you. So if you get up and down out of a bunker you have done well and it will only have happened because of your good technique and practice. So next time you find yourself having difficulties in the bunkers ask yourself, Am I using the correct technique? Have I practised that technique recently to improve my skills? If the answer is no then they are things you could consider before your next round of golf. Golf was not designed to be an easy game hence it has a handicap system. Bunkers were not designed to be easy to get out of hence they are called a hazard.
Our bunker sand is lovely at Kwinana, we are spoilt. Enjoy it.

MegaWatty
20th July 2010, 12:35 AM
Well said.

But is how do you "brushen up"?

Golfnut
20th July 2010, 12:50 AM
Well said.

But is how do you "brushen up"?

Ingrish?

Golfnut
20th July 2010, 12:54 AM
Read that on their website last month.....don't know about their bunker sand being "lovely" but I find it's usually moist everytime I've been out there so they do usually play firm.....sounds like a few members have been having a whinge over the past few months cause they're not having much success out of the sand.

MegaWatty
20th July 2010, 12:55 AM
Sounds familiar!

Johnny Canuck
20th July 2010, 02:02 AM
The best sand money can buy?

I was talking to the head greenskeeper a few weeks back and he made a point of stating that he had a tiny budget. That goes against the entire argument.

I only played out of one bunker my last time there and it was good.

Veefore
20th July 2010, 09:13 AM
that is a remarkably lucid statement from Ez. Apart from the "best sand money can buy bit" he is right. The firmer the sand, the easier the shot. It just requires different technique. I have always liked the sand in their bunkers.

Bruce Dickinson
20th July 2010, 10:32 AM
The best sand money can buy?

I was talking to the head greenskeeper a few weeks back and he made a point of stating that he had a tiny budget. That goes against the entire argument.

I only played out of one bunker my last time there and it was good.
like a lot of golf courses in Perth they dig a hole and that's the sand used for the bunkers, they wouldn't have spent one cent on sand

TourFit
20th July 2010, 11:48 AM
I think that the Perth coastal plain in general is lucky to have the sand that it does...

Anyway...what he forgot to mention is that, more importantly, you should have the right wedge for the conditions you play. If the sand is harder, or there is less sand in the bunkers, then a narrower soled wedge or a lower bounce wedge is a better option.

hocko
20th July 2010, 12:36 PM
I think that the Perth coastal plain in general is lucky to have the sand that it does...

Anyway...what he forgot to mention is that, more importantly, you should have the right wedge for the conditions you play. If the sand is harder, or there is less sand in the bunkers, then a narrower soled wedge or a lower bounce wedge is a better option.

Can you fix us all up with one TF?
BTW shimming is a piece of p*s

TourFit
20th July 2010, 01:58 PM
Can you fix us all up with one TF?...

No.

...BTW shimming is a piece of p*s

Yep.

simmsy
20th July 2010, 08:30 PM
i got myself a TourFit 'Tourgrind' for just such occasions, best $2.50 i've ever spent on golf.:razz:

MegaWatty
20th July 2010, 09:36 PM
i got myself a TourFit 'Tourgrind' for just such occasions, best $2.50 i've ever spent on golf.:razz:

You couldn't walk for a week though! I'd rather pay retail!

simmsy
21st July 2010, 12:06 AM
He was more gentle than his reputation has you believing

TourFit
21st July 2010, 12:21 AM
Only with you, sweetie !!!

Bruce Dickinson
21st July 2010, 10:09 PM
View from Pro Shop roof, greens to go either side of the walkway

MegaWatty
21st July 2010, 10:11 PM
How are you going to have those greens playing BD? Will they be similar to on the course, or a bit quicker? Same grass as the greens on the course?

Bruce Dickinson
21st July 2010, 10:26 PM
How are you going to have those greens playing BD? Will they be similar to on the course, or a bit quicker? Same grass as the greens on the course?
they'll be G2 bent, we may have the one on the left running a little quicker than normal as its going to be relatively flat. Those two greens will be putting only as we have the short game area as well.

Yossarian
22nd July 2010, 11:58 PM
Is spalding golf club in gero any good?

MegaWatty
23rd July 2010, 12:08 AM
Simmsy was talking about Gero the other day. He'll Hokkaido you up with some good reviews.

Yossarian
23rd July 2010, 12:09 AM
I've got recips there and might be heading up that way so i'll probably have a hit.

Golfnut
23rd July 2010, 12:19 AM
When Yoss??? I'm heading up with the family at the end of August.....I noticed there was a course up there too ;)

MegaWatty
23rd July 2010, 12:28 AM
When Yoss??? I'm heading up with the family at the end of August.....I noticed there was a course up there too ;)

Who takes their family to Gero? ;)

I believe there are two courses. If my memory is correct, Gero GC is the better of the two and is actually very good.

Golfnut
23rd July 2010, 12:33 AM
When we say "Gero" we are talking Geraldton aren't we???

My wife's best friend has moved up back up there, they've built a new house etc.... so the missus is keen to go up for a visit, check out the new house blah blah.....I couldn't give a rats were we go as long as it's as far away from the mowers as possible :D

Probably head up to Kalbarri for a couple of days too.

MegaWatty
23rd July 2010, 12:37 AM
Fair enough.

I went up there during summer a few years back and I couldn't wait to get out of the place.

Had I known there was a good course there, then perhaps I'd have stayed. Although I'd pretty much given golf a few years ago.

simmsy
23rd July 2010, 12:39 AM
Just came back from Gero today. Spalding Park is very good course. Not overly long but good solid golf course. Back 9 is the better of two halves.

Golfnut
23rd July 2010, 12:46 AM
Just looked through the course tour and it looks like quite a nice course......length suits my game too......Did you play it simmsy? What sort of condition is it in?

Might be a good excuse to bring the clubs up.

Golfnut
23rd July 2010, 01:16 AM
Anyone played Rockingham GC? Played it on Monday to see what it's like.

First 9 holes weren't anything to write home about....conditioning was good, greens were quick & true, fairways were probably a 6/10....BUT :shock:, get to the back 9 and you feel like you've walked onto a completely different course.....just excellent, reminded me a little of the better Kwinana holes but it just had a bit of the feel you get at the Vines, had a much classier feel about it whereas the front nine was more "workman" like.....greens were excellent, same for the fairways. Took some pics on the back 9 I was so impressed.

MegaWatty
23rd July 2010, 01:18 AM
Pics?

Golfnut
23rd July 2010, 01:19 AM
Trying to get them off the phone now....

Golfnut
23rd July 2010, 01:27 AM
Phone pics look like absolute crap :( and do the back 9 no justice but I might thow up a few pics anyway.......most of the fairways were cored on the back 9.

Golfnut
23rd July 2010, 01:56 AM
Wish I had of started taking pics on the 12th.....was a beautiful Par 3.

Anyway here's some starting with the 13th Par 5.
Looking back to tee:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/12thFairwayA.jpg

2nd shot:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/12thFairway2ndShot.jpg

Approach:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/12thFairwayAproach.jpg

14th Long par 4 tee:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/13thLongPar4Tee.jpg

Approach: (miles out still :()
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/13thLongPar4Aproach.jpg

Green:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/13thLongPar4Green.jpg

15th Par 3 Green:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/14thPar3Green.jpg

Beautiful bunkers:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/14thPar3RightBunker.jpg

16th Par 5 Dogleg left Looking back:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/15thPar5FairwayLookingBack.jpg

Couple of shots of the green:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/15thPar5Green2.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/15thPar5Green1.jpg

Sorry about the quality and my piss poor photography skills, I'm sure The Don can give me tips on course photography ;)

Johnny Canuck
23rd July 2010, 02:11 AM
Add 1 to your hole numbers and you've got it GN. 12 is the nice little par 3.

Golfnut
23rd July 2010, 02:22 AM
Thanks JC.......fixed......what did you think of the course?

Veefore
23rd July 2010, 09:17 AM
It's funny but the blokes who play in Div 5 pennants at Hartfield all complain when Rockingham is on the roster. I have always quite liked the course.

TourFit
23rd July 2010, 10:24 AM
Spalding is a really nice track ,Yoss...played it many times when I lived in Dongara for a year. Geraldton GC is also not bad, but not quite up to Spalding Park IMO

Johnny Canuck
23rd July 2010, 10:26 AM
I've always liked Rockingham. The back nine is great, as GN says.

TourFit
23rd July 2010, 10:35 AM
i've always liked rockingham. That's 'cos really, i'm a bogan, and why i lived in Port Kennedy !!!

fixed.

Johnny Canuck
23rd July 2010, 10:52 AM
fixed.

That almost made me spit out my Emu Export.

TourFit
23rd July 2010, 10:57 AM
A bit early isn't it...NO, WAIT, never too early for bogans to have an Emu !!!!

Johnny Canuck
23rd July 2010, 11:12 AM
There's more in the back of the pick-up. Grab yourself one if your stubby arms can reach.

GN, clear your pm's.

MegaWatty
23rd July 2010, 11:14 AM
There's more in the back of the pick-up. Grab yourself one if your stubby arms can reach.

GN, clear your pm's.

Ute mate. Not pick-up.

You obviously missed the Citizenship Test!!!

Johnny Canuck
23rd July 2010, 11:19 AM
No, definitely a pick up.

Tourfit's tourvan is a ute, or should I say El Camino?

TourFit
23rd July 2010, 11:53 AM

GN, clear your pm's.

Stubbies...? Real bogans drink out of King Browns, fwend!!!

simmsy
23rd July 2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah good condition a bit dry on the fwy but greens were excellent. Well worth playing.

Golfnut
23rd July 2010, 09:36 PM

GN, clear your pm's.

Cleared mate.

MegaWatty
25th July 2010, 12:42 AM
Just read on our website that Hartfield are going to try a new coarser sand in the bunker on the first in the hope to prevent crusting and pooling in the bunkers.

Johnny Canuck
25th July 2010, 12:54 AM
inoticed that the other night when i finally decided to login. i love our bunkers at the moment.

MegaWatty
25th July 2010, 12:58 AM
Not good in the wet, but I've never had an issue with crusting before.

Johnny Canuck
25th July 2010, 01:47 AM
horrible in the wet,

Veefore
25th July 2010, 10:19 AM
I spoke to some people about the bunkers. Where Hartfield has a problem is that the sand they use has a high clay content. When it rains the clay is washed from the sand on top and collects below the surface. This form a hard layer which is impervious to water. That is what is causing some of the bunkers to fill up with water when it rains. When new, the sand is great but after it has been there a couple of seasons it becomes crusty and dry. The club is going to trial some sand with little or no clay in it and hopefully it will solve that problem.
The other problem of course is that the easterly gully winds that Hartfield gets can blow light sands straight out of the bunkers. When I first joined the club all of the bunkers were white sand and on a really windy day you could see waves of sand blowing out of the bunkers. It was also really shit bunker sand too because anything higher than a 7 iron ALWAYS plugged.

qbnchopper
25th July 2010, 03:31 PM
I enjoyed Spalding park when I played it - the greens were very very good ! Interesting holes and a touch on the short side --- played there last January ... nice !

simmsy
25th July 2010, 03:38 PM
would putting drainage (or better drainage) help anywhere Vee?

TourFit
25th July 2010, 06:05 PM
Just read on our website that Hartfield are going to try a new coarser sand in the bunker on the first in the hope to prevent crusting and pooling in the bunkers.

simmsy might need some of this for his jocks...

Not good in the wet, but I've never had an issue with crusting before.

you're not old like simmsy...but no doubt your time will come!!

simmsy
25th July 2010, 07:03 PM
geez, where did that come from?

you're a little edgy today are we?

Veefore
25th July 2010, 10:18 PM
would putting drainage (or better drainage) help anywhere Vee?

That's exactly what they just did with the right side bunker on 6. They removed the sand then dug a couple of deep holes and filled them with blue metal then layed the bunker sand over the top of that. Since then that bunker hasn't flooded at all. Unfortunately there is still the issue with the clay being washed out of the sand and the surface getting crusty. There are some really good sands around as being used by other clubs. The only cost to the club is really the transporting of it.

simmsy
25th July 2010, 10:56 PM
it would be good to get a consistency of sand from 1-18, i hope the trials on the 1st go well.

Johnny Canuck
25th July 2010, 11:27 PM
just when you get used to something, they go and change it!

simmsy
26th July 2010, 12:08 AM
yeah true that, can't say i've had a problem with the bunkers there for over two years, except for thursday week ago when the bunkers hadn't been cleaned out by the storms and my ball was under a branch on the 7th, but hey, you don't have that problem if you stay out of the sand.

TourFit
26th July 2010, 10:31 AM
yeah true that, can't say i've had a problem with the bunkers there for over two years, except for thursday week ago when the bunkers hadn't been cleaned out by the storms and my ball was under a branch on the 7th, but hey, you don't have that problem if you stay out of the sand.

True dat !

adlo
27th July 2010, 10:00 PM
Bruce, this is my thoughts on adding bunkers at Wembley. I'll post an image and try to add a few thoughts on my reasons why as I get the time. Cheers.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/adlo_2009/AdloWembleyMasterPlan.jpg

Yossarian
27th July 2010, 10:01 PM
I like the bunkering along all the roads!

Johnny Canuck
27th July 2010, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure about the one in the trees.

Yossarian
27th July 2010, 10:18 PM
That said that was pretty much everywhere I thought as well, except maybe on 13.

adlo
27th July 2010, 10:43 PM
I'm not sure about the one in the trees.
They are in the shadows. That, and I was just going for the general area.....

That said that was pretty much everywhere I thought as well, except maybe on 13.
The bunker is not in play a lot on 13 due to the uphill nature of the hole. So many guys underclub, and try for a chip and putt. A front bunker would make it much more interesting IMO.

adlo
28th July 2010, 08:16 AM
Do tell?

Bruce Dickinson
28th July 2010, 10:24 AM
Bruce, before Ads gets all excited about his bunkers you'd better show him where the new highway is going thru the course next year.
:smt021

bergsey
28th July 2010, 11:56 AM
That would probably be the Stephenson highway i think? i know for many many years there has been discussion of this highway that would go from the freeway near innaloo down to city beach... (right thru the middle of wembley...). From memory it actually is shown on some maps

Pieface
28th July 2010, 01:50 PM
I doubt the council would accept cutting up their beautiful green cash cow to let bogans from Innaloo get to Freo. :)

bergsey
28th July 2010, 03:30 PM
I doubt the council would accept cutting up their beautiful green cash cow to let bogans from Innaloo get to Freo. :)

It's a state government initiative, but you are right, City of Stirling wants it but the councils at the other end don't. It's supposed to link from the freeway at Stirling train station in Innaloo through to Freo, taking a lot of traffic off Scarborough beach rd etc.

Anthony87
29th July 2010, 06:56 PM
Looks like the Wembley Driving Range is scheduled to re-open on the 9th of August. Can't wait to go have a swing!

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 05:40 PM
Well if you are in Gero Spalding Park is most certainly worth a look. Nice course, good mix of short and long holes, great par 3's IMO. The greens are very nice and app only get nicer as it gets a bit hotter and they roll them more.

The condition was pretty good in general, they let a bit of the course that shouldn't be in play run wild, but that is understandable given the climate ect.

The longer par 4's seem a little bland but I quite liked them. Good bunkers too!

Geraldton golf club is not so good. Similar layout to Spalding, bit shorter. Green are still very nice. But the fairways! Seriously it is like they don't know what a mower is! I was struggling to find the few tee shots I put on the fairway cause the grass was so long.

The holes aren't as strong as SP either IMO.

Also playing 18 holes on a rolled ankle is not fun, stupid Geraldton curb!

Zeusgolf
2nd August 2010, 06:52 PM
I'm in Gero on Thurs going for a hit on Friday hopefully at SP

Golfnut
2nd August 2010, 09:16 PM
Might go play Gero GC before Spalding Park then after reading your review Yoss or is Gero GC not even worth it???.....thanks for the heads up anyway.

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 09:27 PM
Gero was ok, if they mowed the bloody fairways it would be a lot better.

It is very short in places but probably worth a look, I only played the front 9 due to the rolled ankle so maybe the back nine is mowed!

Golfnut
2nd August 2010, 09:30 PM
I'll ask if they've mowed the b!oody fairways when I book then :lol:

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 09:32 PM
I don't think they will have, I'm not sure what they are thinking, maybe trying to reduce roll?

Golfnut
2nd August 2010, 09:35 PM
What turf on the fairways?

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 09:37 PM
Mixed turf.

Golfnut
2nd August 2010, 09:48 PM
Naice....starting to think we might play SP twice instead now.

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 09:49 PM
The 10 course split would probably be 8.4 to 1.6.

Johnny Canuck
2nd August 2010, 09:58 PM
Sounds like you could lose GOlfnut in the fairways.

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 10:00 PM
Haha, you could indeed. It is really weird cause the greens and bunkers there were in pretty good nick.

Is there something I'm missing?

Johnny Canuck
2nd August 2010, 10:02 PM
The fact that the fairways weren't mown should not have affected your game. Zing!

Golfnut
2nd August 2010, 10:03 PM
Sounds like you could lose GOlfnut in the fairways.

Eh....shudupayouface!

idgolfguy
2nd August 2010, 10:09 PM
Why Geraldton - seems like a long way to go for a game.

Golfnut
2nd August 2010, 10:11 PM
Feel like a long drive............Nah, post #1677 will help.

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 10:16 PM
I was up visiting the missus on her rural GP placement Id.

Johnny Canuck
2nd August 2010, 10:19 PM
I was up the missus in her rural place.

Removing words is fun.

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 10:21 PM
that too!

Nuffie
3rd August 2010, 12:34 AM
Funny stuff there fellas.

Spalding Park is mentioned quite a bit around the traps.

It's on my list of "still to play" courses in WA, along with Bunbury, Binningup, Mandurah, Cottesloe and Lake K.

Nuffie
3rd August 2010, 02:02 PM
Eh....shudupayouface!

Sounds like Idgg and me would be lost in that fairway grass also seeing we are the fellow lowballers....

AND my Nonna's version of that song btw Golfnut is: "Clozza-u-mouth!":lol::smt038

Growing up must have been interesting for us thats for sure with our heritage.

Yossarian
3rd August 2010, 03:07 PM
AND my Nonna's version of that song btw Golfnut is: "Clozza-u-mouth!":lol::smt038

Seems to have worked well ;)

Nuffie
3rd August 2010, 03:59 PM
Seems to have worked well ;)

Yeah... so well in fact it's a wonder my Nonna never wore that song out 'ay Yoss?....:wink:

Scary thought is... I'm MUCH much quieter now than "Little Nuff" was.

I can't stand watching that old "Don Lane - Talking to Kids/Late Night Australia" tape no more - coz my super-high pitch voice from back in the 80's even gives me the sh1ts! :mrgreen:

Back on track... Zeus let me know how the round goes on Fri as I might take the sticks next time I venture up Geraldton way. I've been told by locals it's one of the windiest locations in Australia to play golf at.

Yossarian
9th August 2010, 08:02 PM
Well LK.... Great course! Fit took a bunch of photos, hopefully he pops them up. For mine in WA it is LK and KB.... bit of daylight and take your pick from the rest really.

Johnny Canuck
9th August 2010, 08:59 PM
Well LK.... Great course! Fit took a bunch of photos, hopefully remembers that a picture is worth 1000 words, unlike the Carnoustie photos.

Just some friendly editing to show what you really mean.

Yossarian
9th August 2010, 09:02 PM
:smt046

Golfnut
9th August 2010, 10:47 PM
Let's have Yoss put comments on each pic then instead of 'Fit shall we!

Bruce Dickinson
9th August 2010, 10:55 PM
Well LK.... Great course! Fit took a bunch of photos, hopefully he pops them up. For mine in WA it is LK and KB.... bit of daylight and take your pick from the rest really.
I'll take Joondalup over LK any day off the week

Yossarian
9th August 2010, 10:57 PM
Actually Joondy would round out my top 3. I prefer the LK type layout to Joondalup resort style but they are both good courses.

Bruce Dickinson
9th August 2010, 10:58 PM
Actually Joondy would round out my top 3. I prefer the LK type layout to Joondalup resort style but they are both good courses.
I can't hit a draw off the tee so LK is a bit of a battle

Yossarian
9th August 2010, 11:05 PM
:lol:

True a few holes call for it, I'm glad we didn't play off the plates it could have been brutal!

simmsy
9th August 2010, 11:58 PM
they figured when you turned up with your pink "manbag" they should take it a little easy on you.

Johnny Canuck
9th August 2010, 11:59 PM
If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

TourFit
10th August 2010, 01:18 PM
It was a little difficult to play 'some' holes from where we wanted. There were a lot of workers/groundstaff and committee members jetting around (what, with Clayts in town for the putting green rebuild and course survey to check how things were goin')

We played the 3's from where they were marked (obviously due to the divots etc)...some of the 4's and 5's we went BACK from where they were marked, but generally only to the reg markers, and def NOT the plates !!!!

Nuffie
10th August 2010, 03:18 PM
I'll take Joondalup over LK any day off the week

Out of the courses I've played in WA so far, Joondalup def. takes the cake.

KB and WAGC sit second and third respectively. Will have to wait and c how LK goes when I eventually get onto it but have only heard/read great things about it....all morning too :)

I'd also anticipate Mandurah/Cottesloe creaping into my top-5 WAer' s for sure once I get to check out both those scenes too... but which courses might be relegated on my ladder? The Vines, Wanneroo or Mt Lawley???

OMG, why do I have Gosnells at # 7 for my WAer's? Has to be a mistake surely.....

Bruce Dickinson
23rd August 2010, 04:02 PM
Just a heads up that the Old Course is being cored and sanded today and tomorrow. The Tuart Course will be done in two weeks time

Golfnut
23rd August 2010, 11:23 PM
^^^Found out the hard way today......gee it was busy today Bruce.

Bruce, with the new driving range setup, do you still need to go to the old proshop to buy credit for the balls or can you get them at the actual range complex?

Zeusgolf
24th August 2010, 12:37 AM
Just a heads up that the Old Course is being cored and sanded today and tomorrow. The Tuart Course will be done in two weeks time

Bugger im supposed to be there on Sat

adlo
24th August 2010, 08:22 AM
Bugger im supposed to be there on Sat

News to me too. I'll talk to you during week about this. I think it'll be better to change plans.....

Bruce Dickinson
24th August 2010, 10:35 AM
^^^Found out the hard way today......gee it was busy today Bruce.

Bruce, with the new driving range setup, do you still need to go to the old proshop to buy credit for the balls or can you get them at the actual range complex?
At this stage you need to go to the old pro shop first to pay, and then you get issued a card or coupon at the range. Once the new shop is open in 2-3 weeks time the entire process will be done from the pro shop only

Bruce Dickinson
24th August 2010, 10:41 AM
News to me too. I'll talk to you during week about this. I think it'll be better to change plans.....
The Tuart Course is fine

Golfnut
28th August 2010, 11:10 PM
Setting off tomorrow for Gero...
Geraldton GC worth a look at Yoss or don't bother and instead, play 2 rounds at Spalding Park?

simmsy
28th August 2010, 11:15 PM
i know yoss rated SP better than GC but said GC wasn't too bad except that the fairways were shin high all round, so might be worth having a little look at the course before handing over your hard earned. SP well worth playing.

MegaWatty
28th August 2010, 11:17 PM
Had a mate play Araluen yday and hasn't stopped raving about it. Said it was his best golf experience for a long long time!!!

Bruce Dickinson
28th August 2010, 11:26 PM
Had a mate play Araluen yday and hasn't stopped raving about it. Said it was his best golf experience for a long long time!!!
sounds like they may finally being investing some money in improving the course condition

MegaWatty
28th August 2010, 11:27 PM
sounds like they may finally being investing some money in improving the course condition

I hope he's right!

He said the water was flowing and the dams were full! Good news.

Golfnut
28th August 2010, 11:51 PM
V. Good news MW.....be worth heading out there for a game before summer really hits and burns the place to a crisp.

MegaWatty
28th August 2010, 11:52 PM
V. Good news MW.....be worth heading out there for a game before summer really hits and burns the place to a crisp.

That's about two weeks away. ;)

Golfnut
28th August 2010, 11:54 PM
i know yoss rated SP better than GC but said GC wasn't too bad except that the fairways were shin high all round, so might be worth having a little look at the course before handing over your hard earned. SP well worth playing.

Cheers simmsy...yeah just didn't want to go all that way and not give Gero GC a look-in but I'm booked to play SP Tuesday morning so I'll take it from there.

SP looks fantastic just going through the course guide on their website.

Golfnut
28th August 2010, 11:55 PM
That's about two weeks away. ;)

Could be a good venue for a Nov Ozgolf Day?!?!?

simmsy
29th August 2010, 12:21 AM
yeah it would be worth playing both i reckon mate, just be worth maybe having a sticky before you pay is all.

simmsy
29th August 2010, 12:22 AM

that's good enough for me then, i'll be heading up there mid week sometime sept/oct then.

SeldomEagles
29th August 2010, 12:32 AM
I hope he's right!

He said the water was flowing and the dams were full! Good news.

Hmmm might take a trip out there this week for a look and a hit

MegaWatty
29th August 2010, 12:36 AM
Hmmm might take a trip out there this week for a look and a hit

2nd opinions rock.

He said the greens were ridiculously quick. That's typical Araluen of 5 years ago!

bergsey
29th August 2010, 12:56 AM
He said the greens were ridiculously quick. That's typical Araluen of 5 years ago!

They probably just carpeted over the pea gravel with astroturf

No way the forged bridgies will be getting a hit out there !!

MegaWatty
29th August 2010, 01:00 AM
You are allowed a 15th club in the bag for chipping out.

It's called an Araluen club.

simmsy
29th August 2010, 01:05 AM
just had a look on nearmap (Aug 1) looking better for sure and the big dam at the bottom of Par 3 16th is full, though the dam on your left on the 9th is still bone dry.

MegaWatty
29th August 2010, 01:11 AM
just had a look on nearmap (Aug 1) looking better for sure and the big dam at the bottom of Par 3 16th is full, though the dam on your left on the 9th is still bone dry.

On the left of nine or across the entire ninth?

Cosmopolite
29th August 2010, 01:33 AM
what dam on the left of 9?

simmsy
29th August 2010, 10:39 AM
Big one just as u start to go down the hill probably 150 or so from t block.

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-32.142183,116.092234&z=18&t=h&nmd=20100801

big brown/red area in middle of this pic is a big dam.

MegaWatty
29th August 2010, 10:41 AM
Big one just as u start to go down the hill probably 150 or so from t block.

Never seen it before!

simmsy
29th August 2010, 10:43 AM
believe me its there, i put my tee shot down there last time i played.

see link edited in to previous post.

MegaWatty
29th August 2010, 10:54 AM
I can see it now. It doesn't look like much, but it looks like it all connects up to the dam in front of the ninth green if there's enough water.

The dam next to 16 looks choccas. Surely they haven't bought water?!?!? I couldn't imagine there being that much available to them.

simmsy
29th August 2010, 10:57 AM
yeah i think the one on the 16th is their main dam and then they pump to the 9&18 for the general public to think how pretty it all is, i assume the one half way down the 9th just gravity feeds down to the one on the 9th green.

The water situation looks pretty good atm so will be hopeful it is in good nick for the next few months, given our winter so far i don't like their chances of making it through summer.

Cosmopolite
29th August 2010, 12:09 PM
Is it actually a dam? Looks just like a pea gravel area to me. I played there in mid march and didnt see it then.

MegaWatty
29th August 2010, 12:18 PM
It'd have to be a pretty crap shot. No wonder nobody knows about it. Well almost nobody...

Yossarian
29th August 2010, 01:45 PM
Freo public would be a better option.

adlo
29th August 2010, 02:46 PM
If we can get a 2nd opinion soon on Araluen that would be sweet.

I am going to start a thread for a November OzGolf day very soon to coincide with my 30th, and Araluen would be a great venue.

bergsey
29th August 2010, 05:31 PM
Got this message the other day from THE CUT if anyone is interested

The Cut September

The Green Core has been completed with the aim of the course coming back to great condition for September and throughout the remainder of the year.

Once again we offer our database membership a fantastic green fee offer for September.

Green Fee Offer

Play 18 holes of golf, motorized cart, range balls, light lunch and a beer for just $79.

To redeem this great offer either book by replying to this email

or by one of your 4-ball presenting a copy upon check (call the golf shop 08 9582 4420)

SeldomEagles
29th August 2010, 08:35 PM
If we can get a 2nd opinion soon on Araluen that would be sweet.

I am going to start a thread for a November OzGolf day very soon to coincide with my 30th, and Araluen would be a great venue.

Will call them tomorrow AM and either hit Monday or Wednesday. This being unemployed is bloody hard work

simmsy
29th August 2010, 09:15 PM
you lucky bugga!

SeldomEagles
30th August 2010, 06:05 PM

MegaWatty
30th August 2010, 06:09 PM
Looks good. Verdict?

SeldomEagles
30th August 2010, 06:15 PM
OK Araluen mission completed. Took advantage of the August special of $59. Course is in pretty good nick. none of the dead bare patches that I encountered last time I was there 18 months ago. Greens were really true, personally I didn't think that they were overly fast but mabye putting on the 3rd & 4th at Hartfield have scarred me for life. Spoke to the guy in the pro shop and they would do a $69 weekend rate for a group booking BUT they are coring the first week in November. Only encountered one other group and that was a guy that hit about a range bucket of balls on 16 and didn't hit the green with one!

MegaWatty
30th August 2010, 06:20 PM
Heaps of water?

TourFit
30th August 2010, 06:21 PM
... was a guy that hit about a range bucket of balls on 16 and didn't hit the green with one!

You saw Yoss out there did you???

SeldomEagles
30th August 2010, 06:30 PM
Heaps of water?

They couldn't get any more water into the place if they tried. all the catchments that I could see were full, the streams were all flowing.

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 06:31 PM
Looks shit.

SeldomEagles
30th August 2010, 06:32 PM
You saw Yoss out there did you???

:lol:

TourFit
30th August 2010, 06:35 PM
Looks shit.

Your lack of enthusiasm/ non attendance for this event will be greatly appreciated by Aldo...

BEST. BIRTHDAY. PRESENT. EVER.

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 06:39 PM
Your lack of enthusiasm/ non attendance for this event will be greatly appreciated by Aldo...

BEST. BIRTHDAY. PRESENT. EVER.

It will be a close second with the earplugs that block out all talk of shafts, new set ideas, matching gloves and g string, putters ect but let everything else through that I give him as a present for whenever he is grouped with you.

MegaWatty
30th August 2010, 06:50 PM
Looks shit.

That is a piss take isn't it?

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 06:52 PM
That is a piss take isn't it?

Finally someone who understands me!

TourFit
30th August 2010, 06:53 PM
Those greens are scary...they break the opposite way you think, can be SUPER fast, and have invisible breaks as well.

They will DESTROY Yoss...

Then I can buy the BC2 at a much cheaper price !! :mrgreen:

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 06:54 PM
I'd rather sell it on iseek.

TourFit
30th August 2010, 06:56 PM
Try the Middle Eastern Golfer's Forum...

...isheikh.

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 06:57 PM
Not one of your best there fit.

MegaWatty
30th August 2010, 07:05 PM
At their best (5 to 6 years ago) they were the purest and some of the scariest greens I've ever played on.

Great to see it green again with the flowers in bloom. In fact, I remember the first time I played there the amount of flowers around the place had a bit of an Augusta feel about it. No, I'm not trying to compare it, but it's rare and quite nice to see heaps of blossoming flowers around a golf course.

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 07:07 PM
At their best (5 to 6 years ago) they were the purest and some of the scariest greens I've ever played on.

Great to see it green again with the flowers in bloom. In fact, I remember the first time I played there the amount of flowers around the place had a bit of an Augusta feel about it. No, I'm not trying to compare it, but it's rare and quite nice to see heaps of blossoming flowers around a golf course.

Ghey.

TourFit
30th August 2010, 07:07 PM
I can see it now...isheikh

Rich Arab 1: FOR SALE - 1 Golf Course in Florida, 27 holes, attached resort...

Rich Arab 2: How much for it...will you accept lowballs??

Rich Arab 1: US $29 million...bought on here for that last week. Greens too slow for me. Pool at resort also too small.

Rich Arab 3: PM Sent

Rich Arab 1: SOLD !! Allah Be Praised.

Rich Arab 4: You're such a ho !!! :mrgreen:

Rich Arab 5: Dibs.

Rich Arab 6: Give ya $50 for it !!!

Rich Arab 7: OMFA. What do you want another course for...

Rich Arab 1: Didn't have anywhere to play next Saturday. Now have appointment with PM in London...so don't need the course...

idgolfguy
30th August 2010, 08:03 PM
Nice juxtaposition!

MegaWatty
30th August 2010, 08:07 PM
Funny fit. No PMs on ISG though.

adlo
30th August 2010, 08:43 PM
Weekend before the November core perhaps? Bday is on the 2nd on Nov.

MegaWatty
30th August 2010, 08:45 PM
Dunno if I can make it.

Yoss....matchplay at the 'luen?

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 08:49 PM
Adlo I am keen for that!

MW I don't really mind where we play mate!

MegaWatty
30th August 2010, 08:56 PM
Just keen to get out there but probably can't make Ad's day.

Good excuse. ;)

simmsy
30th August 2010, 08:57 PM
lets get the Don's b'day booked in for Sunday 31st October then!!!

Yossarian
30th August 2010, 09:01 PM
This thursday?

simmsy
30th August 2010, 09:01 PM
haven't you overplayed your visiting rights?

or is that just my wishful thinking?