PDA

View Full Version : WA Golf Courses

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Pieface
15th January 2013, 12:30 PM
Never played the course but the resort is a tip.

Mububban
21st January 2013, 11:59 AM
A very generous (and patient) member took me to the Ellenbrook course at The Vines on Sunday. He was apologetic about the condition of the course, some fairways were pretty dodgy, bunker sand was very hard, and one greenside bunker was even invaded with some sort of creeping ground cover which I've never seen anywhere! Apparently the Lakes is in much better condition.
But I liked the nice wide fairways, the challenge of all the bunkers, and the greens were nice and smooth. Interestingly they didn't break as much as any of us thought, putts tended to track straighter than they looked.

I had a sh!thouse day off the tee though so I shot an even 100 but it was a nice experience playing on a nice course. Thank goodness for the carts though, it'd be a long walk on a hot day.

idgolfguy
21st January 2013, 12:15 PM
Who was the member?

Mububban
21st January 2013, 03:25 PM
Welly

idgolfguy
21st January 2013, 09:27 PM
Good bloke. Periodically catch up for a round and a drink with him.

Bit of a HO too.

Mububban
22nd January 2013, 10:31 PM
Massive ho from the way he was talking. I believe Sunday he was playing his first round with brand new irons. Ask him about it :mrgreen:

Ashes
22nd January 2013, 10:58 PM
Wonder if it was the same rumour I heard.

Details?

Jackson
22nd January 2013, 11:46 PM
Sorry if its been asked a million times in here, but this is looonnnng thread!
What are peoples recommendations for decent public courses in the northern or eastern suburbs?
So far in my short golfing career I've played:
Rose Hill: didn't like, pretty boring and in below average condition
Embleton: good fun, nice and forgiving for beginners like me but awfully slow greens and only get to use 4 or 5 clubs over the entire round.
Glen Iris: horrible
Altone park: my favourite so far and the course I play once a week. Nice quick greens, good challenge for a beginner and in pretty good nick at the moment. (Although ive been told it has been in pretty bad shape in the past)

Looking to get out there and try some new courses so your advice on where to go and where to avoid would be great!

simmsy
23rd January 2013, 12:10 AM
Go to Hartfield on a Monday or Tuesday.

Never understood why ppl play public tracks. Just get onto places like Harty, Gosnells, Wanneroo, sun city.

Jackson
23rd January 2013, 12:39 AM

Never understood why ppl play public tracks. Just get onto places like Harty, Gosnells, Wanneroo, sun city.

Whats the latest tee off for public at Harty on monday and tuesday?
Working generally gets in the way of weekday golf! I can normally get one or two quick after work 9's in during the week but due to the unpredictable finishing times (im a tradie so no idea what time I will finish each day) they have to be at courses where I can just turn up and get on without booking a tee time the day before.

Golfnut
23rd January 2013, 12:44 AM
Go to Hartfield on a Monday or Tuesday. Never understood why ppl play public tracks. Just get onto places like Harty, Gosnells, Wanneroo, sun city. +1. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel with some of those courses Jackson.Along with the ones mentioned above, if you're going to head down the GI way, may as well keep going another 10 mins & play Kwinana

Bruce Dickinson
23rd January 2013, 10:25 AM

they play them because they are affordable, accessible, have the right facilities and suit the needs of a lot of people

TourFit
23rd January 2013, 11:58 AM
Agreed Bruce.

Shadesy
23rd January 2013, 12:08 PM
Are they affordable though?

Glen iris is $29 for 9 holes where Rockingham is $15, Kennedy Bay $25 and Gosnells $25 on a Friday afternoon and I will Guarantee that you wont have to wait on every hole. This is just one example.

Pieface
23rd January 2013, 12:25 PM
+1. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel with some of those courses Jackson.Along with the ones mentioned above, if you're going to head down the GI way, may as well keep going another 10 mins & play Kwinana

Kwinana can make a newer player seriously lose their love for the game.

5 is stupid
16 is stupid
12 is stupid but slightly less so now the bunker is gone
2 of the other par threes play to a decent elevation change
The greens are typically very quick and often deceptive
Plays about 6000-6200m IIRC

It is one of the sterner tests around the city IMO.

I reckon the Wembley courses are good and and Carramar is good if you are prepared to drive further North.

I don't think anyone would argue that in general the challenge and conditioning is better at the members tracks but sometimes they can be unenjoyable if you are not playing well. Of course Jacko may be a single figure player and my post is a waste of time for him :lol:

Bruce Dickinson
23rd January 2013, 12:42 PM
Are they affordable though?

Glen iris is $29 for 9 holes where Rockingham is $15, Kennedy Bay $25 and Gosnells $25 on a Friday afternoon and I will Guarantee that you wont have to wait on every hole. This is just one example.
can you walk onto Rockingham or Gosnells any time you wish? According to the pricing in the golf voucher book Glen Iris is $22 weekdays, $25 weekends?

Jackson
23rd January 2013, 12:52 PM
can you walk onto Rockingham or Gosnells any time you wish?

This is the key for myself, for midweek I need a track I can walk onto and play on the few days I get an early finish. I generally don't know when I will finish until about an hour before I actually pack up tools.
I assume the better tracks will generally need a tee time booked more than an hour in advance?
Affordability isn't as much a factor for me when playing by myself, but I know the mates I play with would baulk at paying any more than $30-$40 for a weekend round as they don't take the game very seriously.

As for me being a single marker, lol, Im still working hard to break 90! So the challenge presented by the public courses mostly suits me. The other factor that stops me from playing the better tracks is that I don't want to be that hacker holding up the group behind because im hitting out of the trees off every second driver hole! On a public course there's a good chance the group behind me is doing the same thing.

Wembley is on my list to play next, which 18 there is the best?

Ashes
23rd January 2013, 01:00 PM
Jackson - we have spare spots for the Summer Cup if you want to check out Araluen and meet the crew. Details in the 1st tee section.

Doesn't matter if you don't have a cap, you can just play it as a social round.

Shadesy
23rd January 2013, 01:08 PM
come along Jackson...

It will be my first look at Araluen.

Pieface
23rd January 2013, 01:17 PM
Tuart is more interesting (to me) but a bit shorter. The 9th is always a fun hole to play and fun to watch while having a pint. Tuart has a few blind shots so you need to play a couple times to decide on your line on a few of the holes. This was quite frustrating the first few times I played IIRC.

The Old course is full of dog legs. I like it well enough and I've probably played there more often than anywhere bar Carramar. It is usually more forgiving of an errant shot unless BD has let 12 inch deep oxalis flourish under all the trees!

Johnny Canuck
23rd January 2013, 01:31 PM
Kwinana can make a newer player seriously lose their love for the game.5 is stupid16 is stupid12 is stupid but slightly less so now the bunker is gone2 of the other par threes play to a decent elevation changeThe greens are typically very quick and often deceptivePlays about 6000-6200m IIRCIt is one of the sterner tests around the city IMO.I reckon the Wembley courses are good and and Carramar is good if you are prepared to drive further North.I don't think anyone would argue that in general the challenge and conditioning is better at the members tracks but sometimes they can be unenjoyable if you are not playing well. Of course Jacko may be a single figure player and my post is a waste of time for him :lol:I like 12. Good risk reward hole. 16 is only stupid because of the tree, which should never come into play.5, I am not a fan of, although 6 makes you quickly forget about 5 as it is one of the best par 3s in Perth. The greens are as true as it gets.

Pieface
23rd January 2013, 01:46 PM
All probably true for a low marker like yourself JC.

For a higher handicapper 12 is a long slog up a steep hill with a green that you are likely to putt off if the flag is cut right.

The greens are really excellent. That doesn't make them easy to play.

Bruce Dickinson
23rd January 2013, 01:53 PM
Tuart is more interesting (to me) but a bit shorter. The 9th is always a fun hole to play and fun to watch while having a pint. Tuart has a few blind shots so you need to play a couple times to decide on your line on a few of the holes. This was quite frustrating the first few times I played IIRC.

The Old course is full of dog legs. I like it well enough and I've probably played there more often than anywhere bar Carramar. It is usually more forgiving of an errant shot unless BD has let 12 inch deep oxalis flourish under all the trees!
deep roughs mowed twice this winter :D

Jackson
23rd January 2013, 02:18 PM
Jackson - we have spare spots for the Summer Cup if you want to check out Araluen and meet the crew. Details in the 1st tee section.

Doesn't matter if you don't have a cap, you can just play it as a social round.

Maybe, sounds great but Im not sure im ready to inflict my game on strangers yet! Will see how I play this weekend after another lesson and decide whether the humiliation will be bearable or not!

Pieface
23rd January 2013, 02:27 PM
Never fear Jackson. You're trying to break 90. I'll just be trying to get through 18 holes without running out of balls :D

Johnny Canuck
23rd January 2013, 02:31 PM
All probably true for a low marker like yourself JC. For a higher handicapper 12 is a long slog up a steep hill with a green that you are likely to putt off if the flag is cut right.The greens are really excellent. That doesn't make them easy to play. The hole is short though, only about a 430m par 5.

Pieface
23rd January 2013, 02:34 PM
I have 2-3 more shots going up it than you, makes it feel longer ;)

Mububban
23rd January 2013, 03:11 PM
Jackson, I used to be a Midland boy, and now I live north, same here still trying to break 90 :)
I live near Marangaroo which is okay, Carramar further north is apparently good fun. Have you tried Hill View in Maida Vale? 27 hole course so you never have to wait even on weekends as there are three tees to choose from, they can usually get you teeing off straight away even on weekends (once you're past that morning rush hour).

As to why people play public courses - many of us are just casual hackers who don't have the time or money to spend, but we love the game so we play when and where we can find the time and money to do so. Seeing what some people are paying for a round (often $50+) in that other thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/32464-How-much-do-you-pay-for-a-round-of-golf.) is just not sensible/possible for many of us.

Jackson
23rd January 2013, 03:18 PM
Haven't tried hillview, will add that one to the list as well.

bergsey
23rd January 2013, 05:22 PM
Before i joined a club the usual rotation was Collier Park - Wembley - Burswood - Hammersley

Collier Park used to be my pick although Wembley has come along leaps and bounds in the last 10 years. Burswood went dramatically down hill from what it was, particularly the quality of the greens.

Anyone played Collier lately ?

TourFit
23rd January 2013, 07:43 PM
Jackson - we have spare spots for the Summer Cup if you want to check out Araluen and meet the crew.

come along Jackson...

It will be my first look at Araluen.

And his first look at your ass!

Mububban
24th January 2013, 03:01 PM
Haven't tried hillview, will add that one to the list as well.

The greens on 2 of the 9s are usually pretty quick. I think Lakeside has slower greens. On a fast day it's like putting on green concrete, the ball just keeeeps on going!

I play Hamersley as it's close to work, there's only one fairway bunker on the whole course and no water, but some of the rough is nasty if you go off to the sides. The greens are usually fairly slow too.

BayBum
24th January 2013, 08:13 PM
Before i joined a club the usual rotation was Collier Park - Wembley - Burswood - HammersleyCollier Park used to be my pick although Wembley has come along leaps and bounds in the last 10 years. Burswood went dramatically down hill from what it was, particularly the quality of the greens.Anyone played Collier lately ? Was down there last weekend Bergsey.The place is always in good nick given the traffic they get on weekends,no different at the moment.Island 9 greens are hard after that hot stretch of weather we had. IMO they will be mint come summers end. Slick & true but just too hard right now.

Archi
24th January 2013, 08:29 PM
Going to "The Cut" tomorrow for a 2 man hit and giggle ambrose , havent been for a while and looking forward to seeing the changes they have made but have heard on the local grapevine they are almost BUST !

Johnny Canuck
24th January 2013, 08:30 PM
Going to "The Cut" tomorrow for a 2 man hit and giggle ambrose , havent been for a while and looking forward to seeing the changes they have made but have heard on the local grapevine they are almost BUST ! Wouldn't be the first time.

bergsey
24th January 2013, 10:12 PM
Going to "The Cut" tomorrow for a 2 man hit and giggle ambrose , havent been for a while and looking forward to seeing the changes they have made but have heard on the local grapevine they are almost BUST !

Shame really, i think the big downturn in the market down there took its toll. Stories of the apartments there losing 50% plus of their original asking price. Pretty good indication. Also that the used to have fine dining etc in the clubhouse and now pretty much just pub fare.

That said the setup is pretty cool if you were a member there, they seem pretty welcoming to families kids etc not a bad spot to have a feed after the game and a few bevvies

Lots of people hate the course but i quite like it

simmsy
24th January 2013, 10:29 PM
I'm one of the lots.

Johnny Canuck
24th January 2013, 10:32 PM
I think it is overrated, but very fun to play.

I didn't realise the land and apartment prices had taken such a pummeling.

Shadesy
24th January 2013, 10:39 PM
Boss has had a block there on the market for over 3 years.

golferlocal22
25th January 2013, 10:57 PM
The WA Golf courses are so excellent for golfers with serenity and peaceful environment and lush green courses.

rubin
25th January 2013, 11:01 PM
The WA Golf courses are so excellent for golfers with serenity and peaceful environment and lush green courses.

Is that right?

Where do u play?

Johnny Canuck
25th January 2013, 11:12 PM
Is that right?

Where do u play?

Not with Nuffie or Fit.

simmsy
26th January 2013, 01:08 AM
Loving the new Avatar Bergsey.

Shadesy
26th January 2013, 01:11 AM
Loving the new Avatar Bergsey.

Yep!

Archi
26th January 2013, 01:18 PM
"The Cut" - Wasn't in too bad a knick , normal southerly strong wind , which led to the other pair we played with took a 5 on No 10 and thought they had parred it and were a little deflated when i told them it was a par 4
Me and another 7 h'capper shot 70 ( 66.5) , 4 bogeys and 6 birdies to run second on the day, to win a free round at the Vines midweek with a cart.
Hit it over the back on 17 with 3 wood
The Scotty Del Mar i got from Perci is the antz pantz - love it !

simmsy
26th January 2013, 02:10 PM
glad you had a good day out there mate.

you should come up to Araluen next sunday for the WA Summer Cup. Yoss would love to meet you.

hocko
26th January 2013, 04:24 PM
"The Cut" - Wasn't in too bad a knick , normal southerly strong wind , which led to the other pair we played with took a 5 on No 10 and thought they had parred it and were a little deflated when i told them it was a par 4
Me and another 7 h'capper shot 70 ( 66.5) , 4 bogeys and 6 birdies to run second on the day, to win a free round at the Vines midweek with a cart.
Hit it over the back on 17 with 3 wood
The Scotty Del Mar i got from Perci is the antz pantz - love it !

Can I borrow your putter? Mines not working! See "what did you shoot this weekend?" ;)

qbnchopper
26th January 2013, 06:17 PM
I saw the greyhound at Royal Freo - today - were there any others (other than Hocko and the qbnchopper)?

hocko
26th January 2013, 06:22 PM
We should hook up for a game soon Tony

hocko
26th January 2013, 06:22 PM
I thought you were only 5 day?

qbnchopper
26th January 2013, 06:24 PM
nup 7 day - lets do it Hocko and I hear GolfNut is there too .... do you like to play at 7ish ? Is so I'll put us down in a a fortnight or so ...

Archi
26th January 2013, 06:27 PM
glad you had a good day out there mate.

you should come up to Araluen next sunday for the WA Summer Cup. Yoss would love to meet you.

Wedding anniversary - so not a chance for next sunday
Not a member at mandurah anymore so might be looking for the odd game or two with some of you blokes

hocko
26th January 2013, 06:31 PM
nup 7 day - lets do it Hocko and I hear GolfNut is there too .... do you like to play at 7ish ? Is so I'll put us down in a a fortnight or so ...

Yep, Nut is there now too but only 5 day. The boys start swimming next week so I'll be a late starter from then. How'd you go today?

Golfnut
26th January 2013, 06:53 PM
Had a quiet hit yesty at RF, greens were insane! Hit the ball well tee to green but putted like an absolute twat. 3 putted more than 2 putted and threw in a 4 putt for good measure.....par putts turned into bogies or doubles....greens reminded me a little of Busso's at Champs last year, ball broke way less and burnt the hole on a few greens.

hocko
26th January 2013, 06:56 PM
I hear your putting woes

qbnchopper
26th January 2013, 07:11 PM
31points, with 4 x 1 pointers and 2 wipes .... scratchy, putted well, driver was naughty ...

qbnchopper
26th January 2013, 07:12 PM
No probs with late times here - as gymnastics and soccer start too .... I'll PM later in the week

hocko
26th January 2013, 07:18 PM
No worries, can you make it to Araluan on Sunday?

simmsy
26th January 2013, 08:09 PM
C'mon qbn. U can do it!

rubin
5th February 2013, 02:31 PM
Lads, in need of a bit of help.

Looking for a cheap country membership so I dont have to go PGN way. I'm currently forking out (roughly) $190 a month for a course I have no desire to play and havent used since about October (or even earlier). Any Suggestions?

I was thinking Bunbury, but they are no longer the cheap - go to option like they used to be. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2013, 02:37 PM
Harvey. You get 16 or 18 months for $510 I believe.

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2013, 02:38 PM
I agree with you as well, it would be confusing joining a second PGN, especially with all of the holes involved.

Ashes
5th February 2013, 02:59 PM
Lads, in need of a bit of help.Looking for a cheap country membership so I dont have to go PGN way. I'm currently forking out (roughly) $190 a month for a course I have no desire to play and havent used since about October (or even earlier). Any Suggestions?I was thinking Bunbury, but they are no longer the cheap - go to option like they used to be. Anyone have any other suggestions? Is it mainly to keep your cap? Mandurah Sunday membership for $150 is pretty good value. Gets you a hit there for $20 a round in their Sunday comp.

Ashes
5th February 2013, 03:00 PM
I agree with you as well, it would be confusing joining a second PGN, especially with all of the holes involved. Perth Goth Network has a no rubins policy..

Pieface
5th February 2013, 03:06 PM
Perth Goth Network has a no rubins policy..

You already have one?

Ashes
5th February 2013, 03:15 PM
You already have one? Yup yup

idgolfguy
5th February 2013, 03:20 PM
Lads, in need of a bit of help.

Looking for a cheap country membership so I dont have to go PGN way. I'm currently forking out (roughly) $190 a month for a course I have no desire to play and havent used since about October (or even earlier). Any Suggestions?

I was thinking Bunbury, but they are no longer the cheap - go to option like they used to be. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Maybe Chequers call them. Www.chequersgolf.org

Cosmopolite
5th February 2013, 03:24 PM
Chequers is about $1k and I believe they have just put a levy on as well

idgolfguy
5th February 2013, 03:49 PM
Look at summer membership

simmsy
5th February 2013, 03:56 PM
I'd go Mandurah rubes..
Great course, cheap entry lvl and you can play there any day except Saturday.

rubin
5th February 2013, 04:12 PM
Is it mainly to keep your cap? Mandurah Sunday membership for $150 is pretty good value. Gets you a hit there for $20 a round in their Sunday comp.

pretty much. I had a quick look at it, but im not sure its a GL cap is it?

I'd go Mandurah rubes..
Great course, cheap entry lvl and you can play there any day except Saturday.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking, but they no longer have a country membership option.

Ashes
5th February 2013, 04:17 PM
pretty much. I had a quick look at it, but im not sure its a GL cap is it?I thought it said in their website that it was. I've been wrong before tho.

idgolfguy
5th February 2013, 04:18 PM
Sanctuary Lakes down south?
Go to WA PGA and look at what clubs are affiliated and do the ring around.

simmsy
5th February 2013, 04:24 PM
SUNDAY

This Membership entitles you to play the Course on SUNDAY ONLY. This Membership is $150.00 for the year, then every time you to come to play the course on the Sunday you are required to pay 50% of the green fee rate. This membership also entitles you to keep your handicap by playing in the All Day Sunday Competition and allows you to play in a week day competition as a Members Guest up to 6 times a year. No Nomination Fee.

I enquired about it last year and they said I could play their midweek comps as well. It includes GL.

idgolfguy
5th February 2013, 04:25 PM
Sounds good!

idgolfguy
5th February 2013, 04:29 PM
PGN is still a good option due to comp availability.
A Sunday membership is limiting for Open events and are more likely to play those with PGN than just Sunday.

Ashes
5th February 2013, 04:37 PM
PGN is limiting for open events also.

simmsy
5th February 2013, 05:49 PM
And for mine Mandurah is a better course than those on the pgn merry go round.

TourFit
5th February 2013, 06:00 PM
Why not PGN...Secret Harbour, The Vines, Kwinana + specials every now and again. AND ALL ON A GOLFLINK H'CAP. Plus, plenty of guys here can invite you as a guest that way too. You basically pay as you play.

Seems a win-win to me, I'm even thinking about it myself.

There is no stigma here about being PGN (although there IS about being ghey)

Pencil
5th February 2013, 06:49 PM
Why not PGN...Secret Harbour, The Vines, Kwinana + specials every now and again. AND ALL ON A GOLFLINK H'CAP. Plus, plenty of guys here can invite you as a guest that way too. You basically pay as you play.Seems a win-win to me, I'm even thinking about it myself.There is no stigma here about being PGN (although there IS about being ghey)Joondalup's all right as well.

Ashes
5th February 2013, 06:50 PM
All the best golfers are with PGN. All the worst too..

rubin
5th February 2013, 07:22 PM
as much as I hate to say it, PGN may be the way to go.

When i do go out for a hit, I'm not really going to want to drive 45 mins just to do so, and if its round the corner to speak, im more likely to use it.

Not being able to enter some of the open events doesnt bother me much, if i played in more of them it might do.....

Ashes
5th February 2013, 07:25 PM
as much as I hate to say it, PGN may be the way to go.When i do go out for a hit, I'm not really going to want to drive 45 mins just to do so, and if its round the corner to speak, im more likely to use it.Not being able to enter some of the open events doesnt bother me much, if i played in more of them it might do..... Just do it. Costs stuff all until you decide on a new club.What about Gosnells? I heard all the cool people are there now.

rubin
5th February 2013, 07:47 PM
Just do it. Costs stuff all until you decide on a new club.What about Gosnells? I heard all the cool people are there now.

I don't play enough at Harty, why would I go an extra 10mins further to play at a club i enjoy even less?

Pencil
5th February 2013, 08:02 PM
Can someone explain to me why certain memberships exclude you from open events.

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2013, 08:05 PM
I don't play enough at Harty, why would I go an extra 10mins further to play at a club i enjoy even less? Because Simmsy and I are awesome.

rubin
5th February 2013, 08:09 PM

sure. It comes down to the calssification of the clubs.

There are A, B and C clubs, and then the rest. If your in the 'rest', some clubs (i.e Hartfield, WAGC, Royal Shithole, Royal Dogsballs, Mt Lawley?) won't let you play in their open events. Im not sure the exact reason as to why they won't let you, but thems the rules they make.

Because Simmsy and I are awesome.

how is that in any way enticing?

simmsy
5th February 2013, 08:19 PM
Because Canuck and I are friggin awesome. :)

rubin
5th February 2013, 08:24 PM
Because Canuck and I are friggin awesome. :)

U could have done ao much better with that.

idgolfguy
5th February 2013, 08:29 PM
And for mine Mandurah is a better course than those on the pgn merry go round.

Location and accessibility.

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2013, 08:32 PM
Gym and pool.

idgolfguy
5th February 2013, 08:33 PM
Squash and tennis courts

Ashes
5th February 2013, 08:35 PM
Just join PGN. Maylands is close to you for Saturday comps.

idgolfguy
5th February 2013, 08:38 PM
Equity! The bulk of membership is full fee paying rather than the cut-price deals. Many of these comps are also subsidised by the club.

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2013, 09:12 PM
Squash and tennis courts Touché

TourFit
5th February 2013, 09:56 PM
sure. It comes down to the calssification of the clubs.

sp: calcification...?

Yes, I would expect that is a big problem at Hartfield. And Osteo Perosis...:)

Veefore
5th February 2013, 10:37 PM

It's not about being excluded.

As with all things in life, with higher membership levels/classifications come extra privileges. For example, to play a two day event your current membership level must include saturday and sunday playing rights.

bergsey
6th February 2013, 12:29 AM
Equity! The bulk of membership is full fee paying rather than the cut-price deals. Many of these comps are also subsidised by the club. What he said. Basically paying $2k a year gives you some small privileges in being able to play in other clubs open events. I'd be interested to see if a part of the Golf WA classification is whether the club hosts a number of open events a year to ensure everyone is reciprocating

rubin
6th February 2013, 06:56 PM
Gym and pool.

Squash and tennis courts

tourfit and floorburger

are we just saying things at random? :smt098

Just join PGN. Maylands is close to you for Saturday comps.

Thats what im planning on doing - although it will more likely be the Vines than maylands.

Letter to Harty went off today.

bergsey
6th February 2013, 09:07 PM
Good choice. Wider fairways

grumpy
6th February 2013, 09:24 PM
Maybe SunCity if you wanted to head north of the city.
VVeeeerrrryyyy Looooooggg course though, especially if the wind gets up!
Well if you want me back remove kennerdy bay from your champs weekend, that last day was bad bad bad. loved binniup and all the others, kennerdy bay a shit course.

simmsy
6th February 2013, 09:29 PM
Hahahaha.

Can't remember but assuming u didn't shoot a great score that day grumpy.

bergsey
7th February 2013, 12:56 AM
Just watched the Golf Show that I recorded on fox last night. Had a special on Kennedy Bay.

Must have been shot in spring as was very green. Other than the annoying VoiceOver looked ok

Jeffo1123
7th February 2013, 01:39 AM
Just watched the Golf Show that I recorded on fox last night. Had a special on Kennedy Bay.Must have been shot in spring as was very green. Other than the annoying VoiceOver looked ok How bad was that voice over and music!

TourFit
7th February 2013, 02:17 AM
Thats what im planning on doing - although it will more likely be the Vines than maylands.

Letter to Harty went off today.

The people in apartment 23a to the right of Lakes 17 will be THRILLED to read that. They've only just had the excessive damage fixed...

...from both balls.

Shadesy
7th February 2013, 07:38 PM
Just watched the Golf Show that I recorded on fox last night. Had a special on Kennedy Bay.

Must have been shot in spring as was very green. Other than the annoying VoiceOver looked ok

Dam set a reminder and missed it.

Was it any good Bergsey.

The course is very green at the moment and in great nick, apart from the greens as usual.

Pieface
7th February 2013, 07:58 PM
What is the problem with KB greens all the time?

rubin
7th February 2013, 08:08 PM

Was it any good Bergsey.

The course is very green at the moment and in great nick, apart from the greens as usual.

Anyone in for the KB classic this year?

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2013, 08:35 PM
What is the problem with KB greens all the time? Soft.Rubes, prob playing.

bergsey
7th February 2013, 08:42 PM
Dam set a reminder and missed it.Was it any good Bergsey.The course is very green at the moment and in great nick, apart from the greens as usual.They normally repeat the golf show so maybe checkout the fox guide?They didn't have one of the normal presenters doing it, just voice over in the style of Troy Mclure from the Simpsons. Had a couple of bits with the GM getting interviewed. If you were watching outside WA they did make the course look good. Probably made it sound a bit more like the cut in terms if proximity to the ocean ''a sand wedge away". Not even for bubba !!

Jeffo1123
7th February 2013, 09:00 PM
Anyone in for the KB classic this year? Considering it!

Shadesy
7th February 2013, 09:25 PM
I fly to Melbourne on the Sunday, so I'm out for the KB classic.

Grumpy is probably in though.

Do it Jeffo.

Pieface
7th February 2013, 09:56 PM
Soft.Rubes, prob playing.

Overwatered soft or bad green construction or ???

TourFit
7th February 2013, 10:56 PM
Probably made it sound a bit more like the cut in terms if proximity to the ocean ''a sand wedge away". Not even for bubba !!

It's a strong duck hooked driver off 11... JC was demonstarting it to Shadesy, but a fence got in the way.

BayBum
7th February 2013, 11:13 PM
Just a smooth lobby for Rubes.

The KB greens - Is it their attempt at trying to slow them down so they dont become unplayable if the wind gets up ? Buggered if I know but I was suprised by the greens when I played there. A bit of a strange one.

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2013, 11:40 PM
I have been told that it is make up of the soil that will prevent them from ever being top shelf.

Bruce is very cautious with them as well though as with the amount of wind and sun that the course gets, they could easily lose them.

simmsy
8th February 2013, 12:14 AM
You can still have firm-ish greens that aren't squelchy. U just have them a little longer to protect from the winds.
It's a shame that they are what they are. Love the course, hate the greens.

TourFit
8th February 2013, 12:39 AM
They used to be REALLY good links greens. Very true, but not massively quick most of the time. Grass cover was even and thick (no bare patches). Obviously there are issues...when they closed I think the greens didn't ever come back as good. Bruce is also over cautious and keeps them too moist. They are so susceptible to pitch marks and footprints, which shouldn't be the case on links greens.

Ashes
8th February 2013, 12:45 AM
I was surprised by the Binningup greens. If they can have half decent greens there, how can any other course struggle.

Golfnut
8th February 2013, 01:01 AM
I was surprised by the Binningup greens. If they can have half decent greens there, how can any other course struggle. Agreed 100%

Shortylook
8th February 2013, 06:52 AM
I'm sure it's all club volunteer work too. I might even go there Saturday to play. Just not sure of the setup or what to do, but there will,be plenty of Internet time today at work to find out 😄

simmsy
8th February 2013, 08:26 AM
Binningup is closed i think between 7 and 3 each saturday for their members comp. someone else here would know better i expect though.

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2013, 10:08 AM
Binningup is closed i think between 7 and 3 each saturday for their members comp. someone else here would know better i expect though. I believe you can play Sat morn, but you need to be past the second hole by 11:15, or something of that nature.

Shortylook
8th February 2013, 11:39 AM
I believe you can play Sat morn, but you need to be past the second hole by 11:15, or something of that nature. Hey JC,yea that's what happens, but last time I was ther some elder gentleman said if I wanted to play, all I had to do was turn up before 11 at the club house and I could play. But you have to have an official handicap, he wasn't too friendly with me until he asked my HC and then he was all friendly and stuff. So I might do that

Golfnut
8th February 2013, 11:49 AM
Club house....:lol:

Cosmopolite
8th February 2013, 12:17 PM
Club house....:lol:
Yer, open air one lol

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2013, 01:01 PM
Hey JC,yea that's what happens, but last time I was ther some elder gentleman said if I wanted to play, all I had to do was turn up before 11 at the club house and I could play. But you have to have an official handicap, he wasn't too friendly with me until he asked my HC and then he was all friendly and stuff. So I might do that worth it. Such a fun track.

Ashes
8th February 2013, 01:03 PM
What's Capel like? Have a meeting in Busselton in a few weeks time and will have a hit on the way back somewhere.

hocko
8th February 2013, 01:03 PM
Gonna be stinking hot at Hartfield on Sunday!

Ashes
8th February 2013, 01:05 PM
Gonna be stinking hot at Hartfield on Sunday! We dodged a bullet there with summer cup, Araluen would have been atrocious (would have matched my golf nicely tho).

Veefore
8th February 2013, 03:36 PM
Gonna be stinking hot at Hartfield on Sunday!

And the marshals will be out in force hurrying up the dawdlers.

Shortylook
8th February 2013, 04:12 PM
Yer, open air one lolI take it there isn't a club house. So where would one go then

Golfnut
8th February 2013, 04:18 PM
I take it there isn't a club house. So where would one go then Corrugated dunny

Ashes
8th February 2013, 04:28 PM
There's a sports/community club on the way in on the left which I think they use.

simmsy
8th February 2013, 04:55 PM
Ashes, Capel is worth a game any chance you get mate.
not as good as Bunbury but i reckon its better than Busso.

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2013, 05:12 PM
Ashes, I would recommend trying fishing or another form of recreation.

Ashes
8th February 2013, 05:14 PM
Cheers Simmsy. Capel, Bunbury, Gosnells, Meadow Springs and Pinjarra are all my list to try this year.

Ashes
8th February 2013, 05:14 PM
Ashes, I would recommend trying fishing or another form of recreation. Wanker. You wait and see how quickly I bounce back to top form.

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2013, 05:17 PM
The top isn't very far for you.

Ashes
8th February 2013, 05:22 PM
We can't all be Edmund Hillarys.

simmsy
8th February 2013, 05:40 PM
Shadesy, we need to get a day at Pinjarra up and going mate.

Shortylook
8th February 2013, 05:44 PM
There's a sports/community club on the way in on the left which I think they use. Cheers

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2013, 05:54 PM
We can't all be Edmund Hillarys. Sir Edmund.

Ashes
8th February 2013, 06:02 PM
Sir Edmund. Sir Ashes.

Pencil
8th February 2013, 11:34 PM
Sir NAGA. Fixed

hocko
9th February 2013, 12:00 AM
And the marshals will be out in force hurrying up the dawdlers.

No trouble for Canuck, he's in the last group!

Mububban
9th February 2013, 12:13 AM

Was it any good Bergsey.

Shadesy the Fox Sports website has a 5 minute video on Kennedy Bay here (http://www.foxsports.com.au/Golf/the-links-kennedy-bay/video-e6frf3oc-1226571304221?subcat=1225864537841&site=FoxSports), not sure if it's the one you missed?

Edit - must be, definitely a Troy McClure voiceover....

Shadesy
9th February 2013, 12:16 AM
Fixed

Nice... You'll do alright around here champ ;-)

Ask for your merit bar?

Cheers Mubabban.

TourFit
9th February 2013, 02:24 AM
LOL...just watched the video. Two things struck me.

1) Pete is as engaging & excited as ever :roll:

2) "The greens are as links greens should be, hard, fast and true"...they've been soft, slow and bumpy evevry time I've been there in nearly the last 2 years!

Veefore
9th February 2013, 09:39 AM
No trouble for Canuck, he's in the last group!

I once DQ'd the last group of a comp at Harty. They were about to start the presentation and realised that 4 cards were missing. I went out to check the course and they were on the 15th hole. The group that had started one slot ahead of them had been in the clubhouse for over an hour. They eventually finished in 6:45.
Their excuse? It was so hot so they just took their time and had an occasional break. Nobody was behind them so they figured "why rush?"

Veefore
13th February 2013, 03:08 PM
Well Hartfield has stuck its head around the corner and glimpsed the future and this time not recoiled in horror. Soon to come:
Colored socks to be allowed.
PGN members who are guests of a member to be allowed in comps (but not major comps yet as per Golf WA rules)

There may be even more to come as we launch into the 00's.

Jackson
13th February 2013, 06:59 PM
Coloured socks?! HF is on my list of clubs to look at joining, but it sounds like your a bunch of hooligans out that way!

TourFit
13th February 2013, 06:59 PM
Coloured cardigans yet though?

simmsy
13th February 2013, 07:28 PM
get that issued with your membership 'fit.

i heard you were joining.

rubin
13th February 2013, 08:24 PM
get that issued with your membership 'fit.

i heard you were joining.

His voice will e heard for miles around.

Get a nice rebound/echo from the hills too

TourFit
13th February 2013, 10:29 PM
That place has gone to the dogs!

I was thinking of joining Royal Gossies. I have a couple of mates there..:-s

Veefore
13th February 2013, 11:08 PM
I was thinking of joining Royal Gossies. I have a couple of mates there..:-s

Rubbin thought that when he went to Hartfield. Then they up and left him. :(

rubin
13th February 2013, 11:25 PM
Rubbin thought that when he went to Hartfield. Then they up and left him. :(

Who did?

Ashes
14th February 2013, 10:11 PM
Played the front 9 of Rockingham this arvo, first time there in probably 10 years. Was better than I recall and a pretty fun track.

Couldn't get over the number of members bringing their own ride on carts to the course. I lost count at 15 trailers sitting in the carpark!

Golfnut
14th February 2013, 10:37 PM
Old CUBs.

Veefore
15th February 2013, 09:15 AM
Who did?

Sorry, RUBIN.

rubin
15th February 2013, 12:11 PM
ummmm.... no.

Archi
19th February 2013, 02:23 PM
Played Melville yesterday , 1st time in about 3 yrs
Greens had been dusted recently but still quick
Played like a chook after birding the first hole I played (15)
As always a nice tradional tree lined course to play
Anyone on here a member ? Whats the go with No. 15 - shortened by about 100m and why did the water go on 17 ?

simmsy
19th February 2013, 02:30 PM
Because the management there are muppets.

hocko
19th February 2013, 02:49 PM
And because they are losing sponsorship dollars!

simmsy
19th February 2013, 03:05 PM
Haha yep. I'm gutted I won't be getting an invite this year. That was a good day out.

rubin
19th February 2013, 05:28 PM
am looking to head to wembley shortly for a full iron fit/test session.

Just had a squiz at the new website - looks the goods Bruce!

freddy a
19th February 2013, 06:14 PM
Hey guys will be in Perth mid march for 10 days for work and will be staying in Cottesloe, what courses would you recomend to play? I was contemplating forking out the $150 to play Joondalup and maybe Lake Karrinyup on either the Saturday or Sunday comp.
If you guys are keen to have a game let me know as well.

Bruce Dickinson
19th February 2013, 06:37 PM
am looking to head to wembley shortly for a full iron fit/test session.

Just had a squiz at the new website - looks the goods Bruce!
thanks rubin, still got some more work to do on it. Other stuff to introduce in April/May

when are you doing the clubfit?

rubin
19th February 2013, 07:18 PM
thanks rubin, still got some more work to do on it. Other stuff to introduce in April/May

when are you doing the clubfit?

This weekend or next weekend (hopefully). Just confirming my schedule :D

Been looking at so many different irons recently, I really don't know what way to go.

hocko
19th February 2013, 07:27 PM
This weekend or next weekend (hopefully). Just confirming my schedule :D

Been looking at so many different irons recently, I really don't know what way to go.
PRGR IS501's with TT Tour Concept X100's.

simmsy
19th February 2013, 07:30 PM
set of mp33 on ebay for $200bin

luza
19th February 2013, 07:35 PM
Link ?

rubin
19th February 2013, 07:37 PM
PRGR IS501's with TT Tour Concept X100's.

don't worry. still considering it. Any chance u could be free for some range time this week? I've never hit prgr crubs before, so i may hate em.

link mrs simms?

simmsy
19th February 2013, 07:46 PM
eBay search:

Mizuno mp 33

Works every time.

rubin
19th February 2013, 07:50 PM
eBay search:

Mizuno mp 33

Works every time.

appreciate your assistance :D

hocko
19th February 2013, 07:52 PM
You don't need blades

don't worry. still considering it. Any chance u could be free for some range time this week? I've never hit prgr crubs before, so i may hate em.
Yep, give me a holler.

luza
19th February 2013, 07:56 PM
eBay search:

Mizuno mp 33

Works every time.

So when you do it now, copy and paste the link over. :wink:

rubin
19th February 2013, 07:57 PM
So when you do it now, copy and paste the link over. :wink:

I'm pretty sure he's saying - "Don't be a lazy ****er"

TourFit
19th February 2013, 09:01 PM
TourFit Forged Cavity backs...?

Many shaft options too.

bergsey
19th February 2013, 09:06 PM
thanks rubin, still got some more work to do on it. Other stuff to introduce in ? I'm not sure if is your area BD but the only thing I don't like is not being able to book a lesson with a particular instructor. The old site worked better where I could find a slot with someone like brad at a convenient time

Bruce Dickinson
19th February 2013, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure if is your area BD but the only thing I don't like is not being able to book a lesson with a particular instructor. The old site worked better where I could find a slot with someone like brad at a convenient time It's all my area Bergsey, we are expecting an upgrade to the system that will allow you to book an individual coach within the next 4 weeks

bergsey
19th February 2013, 10:21 PM
It's all my area Bergsey, we are expecting an upgrade to the system that will allow you to book an individual coach within the next 4 weeks

cool good to hear! makes it far easier for all involved i would suspect!

do you know of any upcoming ping demo days at wembley? keen to have a hit of the G25/i25 gear

cheers

Bruce Dickinson
19th February 2013, 10:36 PM
Ping have a trade event on Thursday for us to see G25. Would expect demo night in 2-3 weeks

BayBum
20th February 2013, 08:08 AM
Callaway demo @ Collierpark this Saturday with a X Hot LD comp ! X hot pro v RFX should be interesting.

TourFit
20th February 2013, 03:21 PM
Really? Meh.

BayBum
20th February 2013, 03:43 PM
Sorry for informing those who might like to know.

rubin
20th February 2013, 04:04 PM
Callaway demo @ Collierpark this Saturday with a X Hot LD comp ! X hot pro v RFX should be interesting.

might be in for that.

do u have a link BayBum?

Johnny Canuck
20th February 2013, 05:10 PM
Too much club for fitty.

rubin
20th February 2013, 05:18 PM
Too much club for fitty.

fitty getting shitty.

whats new.

TourFit
20th February 2013, 06:37 PM
You never know...the new model might go further :roll:

simmsy
20th February 2013, 06:57 PM
hows the sale coming along fitty?

plenty of eoi?

Shadesy
20th February 2013, 07:22 PM

BayBum
20th February 2013, 08:19 PM
might be in for that.

do u have a link BayBum?

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-au/custom-fitting/demo-days.html

Mizuno tonight @ wembley & then the 28th @ collier park.

You should go & try some irons @ wembley Rubes,finishes at 8pm.

TourFit
20th February 2013, 10:18 PM
hows the sale coming along fitty?

plenty of eoi?

Boom Tish

Nice tandem work boys...you just go together like tea in a bag :lol:

Ashes
26th February 2013, 11:43 PM
Are the WAGC greens considered difficult greens? I really struggled to get a read on Monday, as did my team mate who's a very good putter typically. Was the toughest putting round I can recall having.

Johnny Canuck
27th February 2013, 12:10 AM
I think it has just been a while since you've had to putt.

I quite like the greens. Not overly tricky in my opinion.

Ashes
27th February 2013, 12:15 AM
Must have just had a bad day. Hard to imagine I know..

bergsey
27th February 2013, 12:22 AM
I had a few break in a funny way on Saturday. Greens were pure but I guess it goes to show you can play a course for a long time but still Lear new things. At least they had the tees setup easy for you...

Ashes
27th February 2013, 12:28 AM
I assume they put some water into them and had them playing a bit slower than normal for the choppers. They were still rolling well, but approach shots were digging into the greens a fair bit.

Do the members get the shits on about the damage done by corporate groups Bergs? Was surprised there was no briefing on course management or sand buckets handed out etc. There were carts everywhere from what I saw.

bergsey
27th February 2013, 12:40 AM
greens were probably left a bit long. never noticed any issues from corp days, they don't have a huge amount of them compared to other clubs.

we stopped doing sand buckets about 5 years ago. just chop in the divots now. most people (including members) have no idea how to do that however. given how quick the kikuyu grows you would be unlucky to land in a divot and have it effect your shot..

Veefore
27th February 2013, 09:15 AM
I've noticed that most people do struggle with WAGC greens initially. Being on the side of a hill it is hard to get an accurate reference for break because the land around the greens slopes so much. After a few plays it gets easier.

Ashes
27th February 2013, 10:40 AM
greens were probably left a bit long. never noticed any issues from corp days, they don't have a huge amount of them compared to other clubs.

we stopped doing sand buckets about 5 years ago. just chop in the divots now. most people (including members) have no idea how to do that however. given how quick the kikuyu grows you would be unlucky to land in a divot and have it effect your shot..

Must say it is in great nic. Was the 2nd time i've played it and appreciated it more this time round. Some really nice par 3's in particular.

simmsy
27th February 2013, 11:02 AM
I hate 1,9&11. But I think that is mostly because I'm such a crap golfer.

Ashes
27th February 2013, 11:13 AM

You must be, this NAGA hit em all no worries!

I didn't like 11 first time round, but have changed my mind.

idgolfguy
27th February 2013, 11:15 AM
Playing Vines now.Greens are the best. They are rolling them just before we get on. Waiting on each hole to put flag in. Had a big corp day yesterday.

These greens can be so great. One roll and they are immaculate.

Johnny Canuck
27th February 2013, 11:42 AM
1 at WAGC would be a lot better if it was in the middle of the course.

Pieface
27th February 2013, 11:52 AM
I lay up on 1 :lol:

11 is a good hole but i have sucked on it everytime apart from my matchplay vs Yoss.

I like the greens at WAGC. There are a few tiered greens though where hitting your approach to the wrong tier can make things a lot tougher. Did you come unstuck on any of those Ashes?

simmsy
27th February 2013, 11:53 AM
It's not a fun hole when it's -2* let me tell ya.

Golfnut
27th February 2013, 12:14 PM
I hate 1,9&11. But I think that is mostly because I'm such a crap golfer. Love 1 & 9. Hate 16 and not a fan of 11. I am a crap golfer.

Ashes
27th February 2013, 12:17 PM

You must be, this NAGA hit em all no worries!

I didn't like 11 first time round, but have changed my mind.

hocko
27th February 2013, 12:18 PM
Anyone keen to play Rocko on the cheap?

http://www.groupon.com.au/deals/perth/Rockingham-Golf-Club/716781079?nlp=&CID=AU_CRM_1_0_0_58&a=715827900

simmsy
27th February 2013, 12:19 PM
How's the Alzheimer's travelling Ashes?

simmsy
27th February 2013, 12:21 PM
Cheap for rocko would have to mean you're paying me to play there.

idgolfguy
27th February 2013, 12:24 PM
I've got the WAGolf voucher book if anyone wants the coupons.

rubin
27th February 2013, 12:35 PM
Cheap for rocko would have to mean you're paying me to play there.

on thr front 9, i'd agree with you. there are 2 holes that I enjoyed playing when i was there.

the back 9 is good fun though.

hocko
27th February 2013, 12:38 PM
You cant go wrong for 2 people, $29 for 18 holes, a bucket-o-balls and a beer?

idgolfguy
27th February 2013, 12:41 PM
Anyone keen to play Rocko on the cheap?

http://www.groupon.com.au/deals/perth/Rockingham-Golf-Club/716781079?nlp=&CID=AU_CRM_1_0_0_58&a=715827900
In if you're interested, Craig.

Golfnut
27th February 2013, 12:43 PM
You cant go wrong for 2 people, $29 for 18 holes, a bucket-o-balls and a beer? Saw that, bargain!

hocko
27th February 2013, 12:49 PM
So should i get a voucher for 4 players?
$49

simmsy
27th February 2013, 12:49 PM
on thr front 9, i'd agree with you. there are 2 holes that I enjoyed playing when i was there.

the back 9 is good fun though.

You said before you didn't like the back 9 and liked the front 9. What changed?

hocko
27th February 2013, 12:57 PM
Are you in or not?

Ashes
27th February 2013, 12:58 PM
How's the Alzheimer's travelling Ashes?

Not sure what you're getting at?

PF, we got caught a few times being above the hole and found it pretty hard getting the ball to stop anywhere near the hole. Only 1 one putt for the day and that was when I dropped an approach shot a foot from the pin.

As far as Rocki goes, I played the front 9 a week or so ago and thought it was better than I recalled. The greens were in really good condition which surprised me.

idgolfguy
27th February 2013, 01:07 PM
So should i get a voucher for 4 players?
$49

Might as well. Should be able ti find others to play without having to pay them.

Golfnut
27th February 2013, 01:08 PM
So should i get a voucher for 4 players?$49 Midweek play, I'm in Hocko.

rubin
27th February 2013, 01:17 PM

I played it more basically.

the front 9 is very repetitive, with 1 and 4 being the highlights. 1 cause its a tough test for an opening hole, and 4 because it's probably the best conditioned hole on the entire course.

The back 9 is much more variable. more challenges, and different ways to play each hole.

I'm in for a midweek round. think i'm owed a sicky one day soon.

hocko
27th February 2013, 01:44 PM
Might as well. Should be able ti find others to play without having to pay them.

Midweek play, I'm in Hocko.
Done.

Hocko
Vic
GN
?

rubin
27th February 2013, 01:52 PM
Done.

Hocko
Vic
GN
?

I'm in for a midweek round. think i'm owed a sicky one day soon.

;)

simmsy
27th February 2013, 02:20 PM
Not sure what you're getting at?PF, we got caught a few times being above the hole and found it pretty hard getting the ball to stop anywhere near the hole. Only 1 one putt for the day and that was when I dropped an approach shot a foot from the pin.As far as Rocki goes, I played the front 9 a week or so ago and thought it was better than I recalled. The greens were in really good condition which surprised me. Post #6320 & 6326But it's ok Ashes it must be hard working for local govt sitting on ur arse all day scanning OG.

Ashes
27th February 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #6320 & 6326But it's ok Ashes it must be hard working for local govt sitting on ur arse all day scanning OG.

I blame spotty mobile Internet on the train to Perth.

We can't all be self employed working 2 days a week old man..

simmsy
27th February 2013, 02:32 PM
You should try it. It's great!
At ECU this week. I can see myself getting thrown off campus. Trenchcoat anyone?

Golfnut
27th February 2013, 02:40 PM
Dirty old bugga.

simmsy
27th February 2013, 02:52 PM
U would be right here with me if u could.

hocko
27th February 2013, 02:59 PM
Done.

Hocko
Vic
GN
Rubin

Ashes
27th February 2013, 03:58 PM
At ECU this week. I can see myself getting thrown off campus. Trenchcoat anyone?

Was at UWA last week and Perth today. Both rewarding.

You're a very dirty, very old man by the way.

Jackson
27th February 2013, 11:10 PM
What is the process for joining a club like WAGC?
Is it just a matter of pay the nom's, pay the subs, submit your application and your ready to play? Or is there more?
I see WAGC only has 6 day memberships available to new members, does anyone know what the wait time is until I would be eligible for full membership?

simmsy
27th February 2013, 11:20 PM
Chat to Bergsey. He's a member there.

bergsey
28th February 2013, 12:43 AM
What is the process for joining a club like WAGC?
Is it just a matter of pay the nom's, pay the subs, submit your application and your ready to play? Or is there more?
I see WAGC only has 6 day memberships available to new members, does anyone know what the wait time is until I would be eligible for full membership?

We have 25 vacancies currently for restricted rights (6 day) members. You normally require a proposer and seconder but the club is flexible with that if there are spots to fill. so yeah pretty much submit your application, gets accepted, pay the noms etc an you are away.

Took me 5 years to be offered full membership, they have a target number for each category so the time it takes depends on how many people die, quit etc. Recently only seems to be 2 years or so.

I think they have recently changed the membership category so you can play saturdays if there are spare spots in the field e.g. you can put your name down the night before. I'd double check that with the office though..

bergsey
28th February 2013, 12:46 AM

I used to work there, my office was right above the playing fields. Girls oiling each other up for hockey practice was a sight to behold... so was summertime...

Jackson
28th February 2013, 01:00 AM
We have 25 vacancies currently for restricted rights (6 day) members. You normally require a proposer and seconder but the club is flexible with that if there are spots to fill. so yeah pretty much submit your application, gets accepted, pay the noms etc an you are away.

Took me 5 years to be offered full membership, they have a target number for each category so the time it takes depends on how many people die, quit etc. Recently only seems to be 2 years or so.

I think they have recently changed the membership category so you can play saturdays if there are spare spots in the field e.g. you can put your name down the night before. I'd double check that with the office though..

Thanks for that. Will hopefully be in a position to join a club in the next 6-12 months or so and WAGC seems the most attractive.
What is the member base there like?
Oh and can't find much info on practice facilities there, are they any good?

bergsey
28th February 2013, 01:05 AM
Thanks for that. Will hopefully be in a position to join a club in the next 6 months or so and WAGC seems the most attractive.
What is the member base there like?
Oh and can't find much info on practice facilities there, are they any good?

Membership is generally pretty good, more towards the older end which is why they are trying to bring in new members.

The practice chipping/putting areas are pretty good. Downside is that the range area is limited so only 5 iron max. Upside is after hours you can bring your own shag bag and practice your short-mid irons on the range with no one to bother you....

Outside of comp times its rare to see more than 2-3 people out there practicing.

simmsy
28th February 2013, 01:39 AM
Good course. You won't go wrong joining there. Always in great condition and presents a great challenge. Well worth your coin.

TourFit
28th February 2013, 04:48 AM

I think the beige cardy would work well for this!

simmsy
28th February 2013, 11:14 AM
Greens at ML still shit?

Pieface
28th February 2013, 11:56 AM
You could do worse than join WAGC Jackson. Just don't expect to be the most beautiful member.

Ashes
28th February 2013, 11:58 AM
All the cool people are members at Gosnells Jackson, sign up there!

simmsy
28th February 2013, 12:36 PM
Yoss is a member at RP though.

Ashes
28th February 2013, 12:46 PM
Royal Perth would actually be worth considering if they still have a discount deal for under 30's.

simmsy
28th February 2013, 01:15 PM
Not as good a course.
Worst of the royals you know!

Jpm12
28th February 2013, 01:32 PM
Hi all, lurker for a while and first post. Having only played public tracks in perth, what is the opinion of the best clubhouse and facilities at perth private courses? Hard to find info on this kind of thing. getting the family involved will be imperative for me joining a private course down the track so a decent bar/restaurant/deck etc would be really important. Live in Palmyra so vines, joondalup et al. not really an option. Royal Freo is closest to my house, anyone a member or played there that can shed some light on this side of the club?