PDA

View Full Version : WA Golf Courses

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Yossarian
25th September 2012, 06:40 PM
1 at RF is a good hole.

Ashes
25th September 2012, 06:42 PM
Rick Kulacz from Chipfield mate.

And he couldn't give his home track a plug??

No1 at RF!!! well there goes any respect that you had built up.

or is that a troll?

Half troll, half serious. I like it but only cos I birdied it last time I played there :)

actually looking through your list, you're right....

you know very little about course design.;)

I know... Its just a list of what I've enjoyed most - I'm assuming my last 4 are the most controversial?

Archi
25th September 2012, 06:58 PM
Bunbury No 10, par 3 120m but a real prick when it is blowing a gale straight into your face

TourFit
25th September 2012, 07:43 PM
Some of us here know the perfect shot for that hole...:wink:

simmsy
25th September 2012, 09:11 PM
No1 at Mandurah is one of my fav holes.
No10 Bunbury is lots of fun.
No15 at KB great hole

Ashes
25th September 2012, 09:19 PM
No8 at Mandurah is a ripper..

Yossarian
25th September 2012, 09:39 PM
I think we did this before with favourite par 3, 4 and 5.

There are some great holes out there.

I love 15 at KB. And 16.

simmsy
25th September 2012, 10:03 PM
No8 at Mandurah is a ripper..

Haha.
Bastard.

Ashes
25th September 2012, 10:13 PM
:)

It was pure genius for you to organise starting on the 10th, so I could come home with 4 shots on the last two holes!

I agree with what Shadesy said. The 8th would have been a great hole if the inside bunker was 20-30m closer and more in play.

simmsy
25th September 2012, 11:05 PM
yep i think it would get more ppl really going for their drives, instead of the gheys and their 3woods. ;)

Ashes
25th September 2012, 11:16 PM
What's worse: A guy that uses a 3 wood off the deck from the tee, or a guy that can't hit his driver past him?

rubin
25th September 2012, 11:23 PM
What's worse: A guy that uses a 3 wood off the deck from the tee, or a guy that can't hit his driver past him?

Mate - u get used to it playing with these old guys.

Shadesy
25th September 2012, 11:42 PM
Can't think of my fave Mandurah hole. Would have to go around again. Liked the short par 4 uphill...maybe 7?

rubin
25th September 2012, 11:52 PM
1 and 18 are standouts for mine.

simmsy
26th September 2012, 12:28 AM
Yeah really like 18. Yep 7 is the one that we were talking about shades.

Ashes ashes ashes..... Please.

Ive had jc hitting his 4hy past my drive forever, ur 3w being same distance as my drive doesnt worry me.

Johnny Canuck
26th September 2012, 12:36 AM
Simmsy, give yourself some credit. With your Razr, I need my 3 hybrid to pass you.

simmsy
26th September 2012, 01:12 AM
If u were a real playa u would use a 3&4i.

Ashes
26th September 2012, 08:19 AM
Was 7 the one we were all to the left off the tee, when we should have been right? Didn't stand out for me although we all made it interesting with our tee positions.

I thought 15 and 5 were up there (along with 1 and 18 as Rubes mentioned). 15 required a great drive off the tee to have a decent shot at the green (for memory both Simmsy and Shadesy nailed both their drives and approaches on that hole).

simmsy
26th September 2012, 09:08 AM
Oh hang on no, i was meaning 15th. Hard dl right at about the 250 mark.
I like that approach shot.

Ashes
26th September 2012, 09:53 AM
I'll admit I should have use a driver on that hole to get to the corner..

Shadesy
26th September 2012, 10:06 AM
I'll admit I should have use a driver on that hole to get to the corner..

haha I used 3 wood and just ran through the Corner, into first cut. Out of all the holes to play, Driver was not the go.

Unless you are Simmsy. 3 wood was the correct choice there mate. Maybe if you used a tee, you would of hit it better :lol:

I liked the hole, I think it could be a bit samey the more you played it, as you just play for position.

Ashes
26th September 2012, 10:07 AM
Ffs - I have absolutely no idea clearly... :)

Johnny Canuck
26th September 2012, 11:05 AM
Are you talking the hole that goes hard right, uphill? I always get the front and back mixed as I have teed off alternating 9s whenever I play.

Yossarian
26th September 2012, 11:07 AM
Yep that is 15. 7 goes hard left up hill.

15 has the water pond down to the left.

I always think 10 is 1 as well.

simmsy
26th September 2012, 08:25 PM
Yep correct.

TourFit
27th September 2012, 11:27 AM
I like the 8th personally. Dunno why, just like it.

Also the 6th is a cracking Par 3...one of the best long Par 3's in Perth (next to 6 at KB)

Yossarian
27th September 2012, 08:23 PM
The 8th is good, you gain a fair bit by taking on that bunker IMO.

Ashes
27th September 2012, 08:54 PM
Bit far to be carrying that bunker unless your names JC... Wasn't it 245m or thereabouts from the tee, and even more to carry it?

Yossarian
27th September 2012, 08:57 PM
About 230 ish depending on the tee.

Ashes
27th September 2012, 09:22 PM
I thought it was further than that off the blues. I barely got past it with a fair bit of roll.

Did you have a crack at it?

simmsy
27th September 2012, 09:24 PM
247 to the face of the bunker on Sunday.

Ashes
27th September 2012, 09:30 PM
I'm itching to play that course again, loved it. Reckon that Sunday membership is looking very good.

Yossarian
27th September 2012, 09:37 PM
I thought it was further than that off the blues. I barely got past it with a fair bit of roll.

Did you have a crack at it?

I landed about 20 metres in front of the ladies.

247 to the face of the bunker on Sunday.

Werd

I'm itching to play that course again, loved it. Reckon that Sunday membership is looking very good.

+1

simmsy
27th September 2012, 09:44 PM
midweek comp there anyone next week?

Ashes
27th September 2012, 09:47 PM
I wish..

Heard you been spreading vicious rumors about me and my driver though Simmsy?!?

Yossarian
27th September 2012, 09:49 PM
midweek comp there anyone next week?

Keen! What day is it?

Ashes
27th September 2012, 09:59 PM
$50 says the Smales kid picks his nose.

simmsy
27th September 2012, 10:09 PM
Keen! What day is it?

I think its wednesday will confirm if ur keen as a smales kid.

$50 says the Smales kid picks his nose.

WTF?

simmsy
27th September 2012, 10:10 PM
I wish..

Heard you been spreading vicious rumors about me and my driver though Simmsy?!?

Yes cookie thinks ur ghey too, but it must run in the family as he hits 5i off the tee.

Yossarian
27th September 2012, 10:10 PM
Smales kid? WTF.

Ashes
27th September 2012, 10:11 PM
Yes cookie thinks ur ghey too, but it must run in the family as he hits 5i off the tee.

He'd probably out drive both of us with it though. I sent him a message to warn him you're full of shit, but I was too late it seems!

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2012, 10:12 PM
Smails.

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2012, 10:13 PM
Yoss, Simmsy, I am disappoint.

Ashes
27th September 2012, 10:13 PM
I think its wednesday will confirm if ur keen as a smales kid.

WTF?

Smales kid? WTF.

I'm bored, drinking, and watching caddyshack.

Yossarian
27th September 2012, 10:16 PM
Smails I get, I thought you maybe bummed into some kid named Smales at MCC on sunday.

simmsy
27th September 2012, 11:56 PM
Sorry Dad.
Only watched it a cpl of months ago too.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 06:03 PM
Bandit advice required guys.

It's PGN champs time. Given PGN's setup, you basically play 2 strokeplay rounds (nominated in advance) in any of the comps over October and November, with scores adjusted by ACR as follows:

Course Rating Adjustment
Joondalup 73 we take 1 off
Maylands 69 We add 3
Vines 72 No Change
Marri Park 72 No Change
Wembley 69 We add 3
Glen Iris 70 We add 2
Kwinana 73 We Take 1 off
Secret Harbour 73 We take 1 off

I usually play The Vines, but used to play a fair bit at Maylands and reckon I could potentially carve it up (within the context of my handicap) compared to The Vines.

Do you guys think The Vines (Ellenbrook) is more than 3 shots harder than Maylands? Maylands is short, straight, flat and doesn't have bunkers...

simmsy
28th September 2012, 06:14 PM
i reckon vines is more than 3 shots harder than maylands, providing the wind isn't up too much. Maylands can be tough on its day with that wind off the water.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 06:16 PM
Good point. I don't have to nominate as a club champ round till the day so if e wind is up...

I was thinking that in normal conditions Maylands would be something like 6 shots easier at least for a higher capper.

Bruce Dickinson
28th September 2012, 06:19 PM
the Wembley figure should be add 2 as the Tuart is par 71, and that's where PGN play most of the time

Shadesy
28th September 2012, 06:20 PM
I have some advice...

Don't shoot 53 on your last 9.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 06:22 PM
Who would do that?

simmsy
28th September 2012, 06:28 PM
.....silence....

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 06:44 PM
Bandit advice required guys.

It's PGN champs time. Given PGN's setup, you basically play 2 strokeplay rounds (nominated in advance) in any of the comps over October and November, with scores adjusted by ACR as follows:

CourseRatingAdjustment
Joondalup73we take 1 off
Maylands69We add 3
Vines72No Change
Marri Park72No Change
Wembley69We add 3
Glen Iris70We add 2
Kwinana73We Take 1 off
Secret Harbour73We take 1 off

I usually play The Vines, but used to play a fair bit at Maylands and reckon I could potentially carve it up (within the context of my handicap) compared to The Vines.

Do you guys think The Vines (Ellenbrook) is more than 3 shots harder than Maylands? Maylands is short, straight, flat and doesn't have bunkers...
Everyone else will shoot low at Maylands. The back of Ellenbrook is much tougher and narrower than Maylands on a few holes.

With the shots you have, you should not be trying for pars. Guarantee a bogie and 4 pointers will foow.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 07:30 PM
Everyone else will shoot low at Maylands. The back of Ellenbrook is much tougher and narrower than Maylands on a few holes.

With the shots you have, you should not be trying for pars. Guarantee a bogie and 4 pointers will foow.

TF has given me the same advice, but I already feel like I play pretty conservatively (Simmsy and Shades have certainly given me enough grief for my approach....). I guess they could chime in if I'm over extending myself anywhere on the course.

I guess I should be asking for some feedback on course management when I play with better golfers, but I don't like to bother others when they're trying to concentrate on their own games!

I think the biggest thing for me is to get some consistency and confidence with the putter. I hit enough good shots in a round to have me thinking there's some potentially decent golf in there somewhere if I can put a good round together (I guess that's what gets most golfers coming back). I'm well off my best withy the irons at the moment but still shooting the same scores as I've improved elsewhere - just waiting for it all to click :-|

Yossarian
28th September 2012, 07:36 PM
I think the biggest thing for me is to get some consistency and confidence with the putter. I hit enough good shots in a round to have me thinking there's some potentially decent golf in there somewhere just waiting for it all to click :-|

Are you me? Haha wanna get a putting lesson?

Ashes
28th September 2012, 07:39 PM
Are you me? Haha wanna get a putting lesson?

Ummmm, no thanks. I saw you practicing prior to the round at Mandurah!! ;)

Yossarian
28th September 2012, 07:54 PM
Drained everything expect the one I hit for 4.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 08:02 PM
You only 4 jacked once on the practice green?

Shadesy
28th September 2012, 08:12 PM
TF has given me the same advice, but I already feel like I play pretty conservatively (Simmsy and Shades have certainly given me enough grief for my approach....). I guess they could chime in if I'm over extending myself anywhere on the course.

I guess I should be asking for some feedback on course management when I play with better golfers, but I don't like to bother others when they're trying to concentrate on their own games!

I think the biggest thing for me is to get some consistency and confidence with the putter. I hit enough good shots in a round to have me thinking there's some potentially decent golf in there somewhere if I can put a good round together (I guess that's what gets most golfers coming back). I'm well off my best withy the irons at the moment but still shooting the same scores as I've improved elsewhere - just waiting for it all to click :-|

The biggest lesson I have Learnt is course management and I hit 3 wood a lot to play for position...

Ask away, I'm a mediocre golfer, but can help when I can.

I have learnt heaps every time I play with a lower marker and guys like simmsy, JC, Watty and Hocko have taught me heaps and give me advice all the time. Talk told with iD for 5 minutes and you'll have a wealth of knowledge ;-)

Just pick your moments though...

Who taught you the long bunker shot ;-)

Ashes
28th September 2012, 08:16 PM
I'll have to try and remember that one Shadesy thanks. Was it weight on the front leg and hit it off the back foot? Whatever it was it worked, I've come unstuck a few times at The Vines (par 5, 12th for memory) in a similar position.

Shadesy
28th September 2012, 08:17 PM
I can't promise they won't use it against you though...

I've asked JC some mental advice about golf and he's been very good, but he sticks the knife in at Any opportunity.

Shadesy
28th September 2012, 08:18 PM
I'll have to try and remember that one Shadesy thanks. Was it weight on the front leg and hit it off the back foot? Whatever it was it worked, I've come unstuck a few times at The Vines (par 5, 12th for memory) in a similar position.

If u want to pick it clean... Shallow swing, u don't want to come steep on the bad boy.

There is other ways to hit long bunker shot with a 9 iron... Need to be 50 and in though (which we weren't)

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 08:21 PM
The last person to tell someone to play conservative golf. Taking 3w instead of driver all the time is not conservative. That is just being afraid of hitting your driver.

Give yourself 1 over gross regulation to get on greens.

Shadesy
28th September 2012, 08:30 PM
The last person to tell someone to play conservative golf. Taking 3w instead of driver all the time is not conservative. That is just being afraid of hitting your driver.

Give yourself 1 over gross regulation to get on greens.

So take driver at KB all the time?

Ashes
28th September 2012, 08:30 PM
It's just playing the % for me really. Driver is 50% chance of fairway or just off at best, 3 wood is probably 75%, maybe a bit better. Driver really only comes out if it can save me a shot (ie longer par 4's or shorter par 5's). Distance on typical holes isn't really a problem for me.

If I'm a 6 or 7 distance out, would you suggest punching to the front of the green for an easy chip up rather than trying to hit the green in reg?

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 08:49 PM

No. You don't choose 3w because you can't hit driver. Subtle difference between the tee shot that warrants a 3w and one where you hit 3w because you have no confidence.

No point carrying a club you can't hit. Just learn to hit it.

Most that know me will know that I will take a driver a KB to play for position.

I'd even take a 6 iron on a 120m par 3.

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 08:53 PM
It's just playing the % for me really. Driver is 50% chance of fairway or just off at best, 3 wood is probably 75%, maybe a bit better. Driver really only comes out if it can save me a shot (ie longer par 4's or shorter par 5's). Distance on typical holes isn't really a problem for me.

If I'm a 6 or 7 distance out, would you suggest punching to the front of the green for an easy chip up rather than trying to hit the green in reg?

At your handicap and mine, it's about consistency. You'd be better of taking a 5 iron and making a solid impact shot and making sure you make that bogey. You'd be surprised at how many of those you turn into pars.

I'm just taking about getting your handicap down using course management.

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 08:56 PM

Lakes Par 5, 3rd is a three iron every time for me off the tee. Index 17, I make par 82% of the time. Bogey or worse 15%, birdie, 3%.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 09:10 PM
At 458m, I previously would have gone 4i, 4i and then something around 8-pw in. Now I'd go 3w, 3w and then hopefully chip in as I'm more consistent with the 3 wood. I could get there in 2 with driver and 3 wood or long iron, but that would be a low % play given the rough there. Theoretically I could hit all 6i and make the distance in reg. Or I could hit 3 x 7i and then have a short and hopefully easy chip on.

Is the last scenario the sort of thing you're talking about?

Shadesy
28th September 2012, 09:12 PM
At 458m, I previously would have gone 4i, 4i and then something around 8-pw in. Now I'd go 3w, 3w and then hopefully chip in as I'm more consistent with the 3 wood. I could get there in 2 with driver and 3 wood or long iron, but that would be a low % play given the rough there. Theoretically I could hit all 6i and make the distance in reg. Or I could hit 3 x 7i and then have a short and hopefully easy chip on.

Problem is, and no offence please, I would not back you to hit 3 solid 6's in a row... Based on Sunday. Heck I don't think I could....

Hence higher cappers play driver or 3 to give themselves the biggest contact area and chance to make par.

Johnny Canuck
28th September 2012, 09:14 PM
All depends on how much risk there is on the tee shot. If you are a certain chance to have a good second shot with hitting a 3w, do it. Make your approach as easy as possible. That is where you score.

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 09:16 PM

If you want to get your HC down hit the clubs that are most reliable.

For me on that hole, a 3 iron with a good draw puts me 10m past the first left bunker. A fade, on that club is reliable puts left and right danger out of range. 5 iron to the bottom of the slope and some wedge on the green.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 09:19 PM
No offense taken Shades, that's exactly my thinking. Sunday was about as bad as I get with irons, but even at my best I wouldn't back myself to flush 3 on the trot regularly.

That's why I aim to get on in reg, but usually am chipping on after missing and aim for par or bogey (or have munted a shot somewhere and trying to salvage a bogey or double bogey).

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 09:20 PM
If the 7 iron is your reliable club use it. If all you need is three 7 irons to make par, take your 3 points.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 09:26 PM
3 wood is probably my reliable club at the moment. That's probably weird but it is. I think I only got in real trouble once on the weekend with it.

Johnny Canuck
28th September 2012, 09:27 PM
If the 7 iron is your reliable club use it. If all you need is three 7 irons to make par, take your 3 points. Off 22, I reckon he hits 30% of greens with his 7 iron and doesn't have the short game to make up for it. No offence intended.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 09:44 PM
Off 22, I reckon he hits 30% of greens with his 7 iron and doesn't have the short game to make up for it. No offence intended.

Bingo. There are no tricks up my sleeve when it comes to my game around the greens :(

Yossarian
28th September 2012, 10:20 PM
Driver is my most reliable club, 8 iron and below after that. If I hit 3 7 irons I would end up in the shit somewhere and be extremely disheartened. Not to mention put my shit house short game under an even larger test.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 10:28 PM
I hear you're awesome with the driver off the deck??

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 10:42 PM
Off 22, I reckon he hits 30% of greens with his 7 iron and doesn't have the short game to make up for it. No offence intended.
The handicap system does not lie. Work out where the leaks are and plug them. If you are not reliable with your 7 iron, why play three of them in a row'

Johnny Canuck
28th September 2012, 10:57 PM
I never brought it up.

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 11:02 PM
I never brought it up.
Ashes mentioned it. I did say clubs that are reliable and he mentioned 3x7 irons.

I assumed that at 22 HC, if he could hit 3x7 irons and get on a 468 par 5 with a chip and take at least 2 points everytime, why wouldn't he.

How often would he make bogey or better on that hole.

Johnny Canuck
28th September 2012, 11:04 PM
I reckon 50/50. I don't think he could always strike 3 solid 7 irons to begin with. Tricky green complex. Fun hole.

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 11:09 PM
Always 3 iron soft 5wd or 5 iron depending on the wind and Lob-Wedge. I generally get my 2 points unless I get a good putt. And you know how often three happens.

Ashes
28th September 2012, 11:09 PM
I wasn't suggesting 3 x 7i was a reliable approach, I was just trying to understand what you meant by aiming for 1 over GIR. I think I'm playing the % reasonably well but who knows.I'll stick to my current approach and will welcome feedback over a beer at champs (constructive or otherwise)! :)

idgolfguy
28th September 2012, 11:10 PM
Nutrient Hastings give me 6 or 7 strokes on Sunday.

Lleyton may rise on those odds.

Nuffie
3rd October 2012, 04:11 PM
On the topic of courses, who else has found the vines bunkering to have deteriorated in the last 6 months?

Have they got really bad or are my irons just missing heaps.

I remember last November playing with IDGG, shooting 76 around The Lakes.

My irons weren't great that day either, but I scrambled from lots of bunkers and green sides.

It seems lately that in a bunker its almost impossible to control the distance coming out.

Whatever sand they used at Hartfield, drained so well. The sand here fells like its from a kids playground.

Johnny Canuck
3rd October 2012, 04:25 PM
The Vines bunkers are terrible.

They used to use sand at Harty.

TourFit
3rd October 2012, 05:46 PM
The Vines bunkers are terrible.

Oh great, with the greens being cored and sanded on top of that there goes my advantages over Rubin...

They used to use sand at Harty.

Now fully replaced with woodchips?

dc68
3rd October 2012, 07:13 PM
I now remember why I try and stay out of WAnker threads.... FFS youse ****s can dribble quality shit.

bergsey
3rd October 2012, 07:43 PM
On the topic of courses, who else has found the vines bunkering to have deteriorated in the last 6 months?

I didnt find them that bad other than having a honky nut behind my ball in one of them. At least the amount and texture of the sand seemed consistent. The sand was soft too so not as easy to bounce off and blade it.

They have topped up the bunkers at Yokine recently, downside is some have lots of sand where others are hardpan. Need to choose your club carefully

idgolfguy
3rd October 2012, 07:54 PM
Lakes were sanded 6 weeks ago. You should be ok.

TourFit
4th October 2012, 05:32 PM
Oh...6 weeks!

What was I hearing that the greens were pretty crap...furry, slow, some replanted?

I just assumed that if you were dropping putts from 25ft or so (and SMASHING them), there must be something wrong with the greens :lol:

idgolfguy
4th October 2012, 09:18 PM
Oh...6 weeks!

What was I hearing that the greens were pretty crap...furry, slow, some replanted?

I just assumed that if you were dropping putts from 25ft or so (and SMASHING them), there must be something wrong with the greens :lol:
13 and 15 were double sanded.

They'll be reasonable as Club champs start on Saturday.

TourFit
4th October 2012, 09:21 PM
Ok...advantage is back!

You playing the Cally proto's tomorrow, IDGG?

idgolfguy
4th October 2012, 09:28 PM
Yes!
Also got KBS Tour Regs coming via Titleist next week.

Pulls from I20s - these may go into the S56s the week after. Will see how I go hitting blades again after a few months of these cavities.

Yossarian
7th October 2012, 12:07 AM
I might join Royal Perth.

idgolfguy
7th October 2012, 04:28 AM
:)

Ashes
7th October 2012, 10:15 AM
I might join Royal Perth.

Maybe you can have Goddards membership he didn't want?

Yossarian
7th October 2012, 08:44 PM
They have a deal for young folk.

Ashes
7th October 2012, 08:54 PM
They have a deal for young folk.

What qualifies as young at RPGC? Under 80?

Yossarian
7th October 2012, 09:44 PM
18-30 apparently.

Johnny Canuck
7th October 2012, 09:58 PM
A very good deal for young folk. smart move.

BayBum
8th October 2012, 08:15 AM
Played SH for the first time yesterday.Course was in great nick even with a couple of greens still showing signs of coring,slightly.

Enjoyed the back nine lay up holes and all the par 3's were fun too.

Shot 76 with 3 doubles and a 3 putt bogey from 15 foot on 1.

Nice to be playing some decent golf again !

idgolfguy
8th October 2012, 10:15 AM
18-30 apparently.
I thought most clubs have them. It's called a transitional membership. The one after Junior.

Johnny Canuck
8th October 2012, 10:41 AM
I thought most clubs have them. It's called a transitional membership. The one after Junior.

No noms or waiting list is what makes this one different.

TourFit
8th October 2012, 10:51 AM
Lots of parallel fairways and not that many places to lose a ball...perfect for Yoss.

Oh wait, very small, very fast greens!

Yossarian
9th October 2012, 03:53 PM
8)

TourFit
10th October 2012, 12:40 PM
BTW, Araluen is looking REALLy good at the moment guys. I played there yesterday, and apart from the normal gravel issues which are never going to change, the course was excellent. Greens were running very true but as is normal up there some were slightly different pace than others.

I would highly recommend a game up there for anyone thinking of it. Maybe a quick game with an OzGolf group or two before we go to Champs???

Nuffie
10th October 2012, 01:02 PM
Good to hear that Araluen is back. Best to make the most of this before the weather heats up.

The Vines compacted the sand in the bunkers before the champs and this improved them a lot. A few sandies made on Sat.

However the one in front of the back pin on 13th and right of the green on the 7th saw me leave one in the sand on each hole, leading to two of those double-buggers on the Sun.

Maybe it's time to consider gaming a different 54 degree wedge (for these conditions), one with a bit more bounce, say 12 or 14 degrees instead of 10? My wedges are still set up for Hartfields crustier conditions which might be the issue and why I play those bunkers a lot better.

TourFit
10th October 2012, 01:54 PM
Bend it to 56* Nuff...

Nuffie
10th October 2012, 03:03 PM
Bend it to 56* Nuff...

Only prob is that opens the gap up when I'm not carrying the 50 degree. At the moment 3i is in, due to winds and course playing long.

Maybe I'll just play the 54 a bit further fwd in my stance, to effectively increase bounce.

AND swing a bit harder.

BayBum
21st October 2012, 09:10 PM
Took a ride to Carramar this morning for a whack & i left mighty impressed !

I recall some comments in this thread about how much of a sorry state it was in so i was a little skeptical going there.

Well, It is immaculate ! A real hidden gem up there.Good layout and would be a decent test off the blues with the wind we had today.It's definitely one of the more enjoyable courses i have played here & i don't usually say that after having played the way i did today :x I was ready to slap a hoe ! But that's another story...

I will be going back to redeem myself. It's better than the same old boring courses i have been playing lately.

Some good deals in the pro shop too btw ;) Sold out of Penta's tho :lol:

Johnny Canuck
21st October 2012, 10:00 PM
Did you see Pieface?

BayBum
21st October 2012, 10:06 PM
Is he up there ?

Golfnut
21st October 2012, 10:10 PM
Did you see Pieface? You're kidding right?

BayBum
21st October 2012, 10:16 PM
Serious or not,i have NFI ! :)

Pieface
21st October 2012, 10:37 PM

I recall some comments in this thread about how much of a sorry state it was in so i was a little skeptical going there.

Well, It is immaculate ! A real hidden gem up there.Good layout and would be a decent test off the blues with the wind we had today.It's definitely one of the more enjoyable courses i have played here & i don't usually say that after having played the way i did today :x I was ready to slap a hoe ! But that's another story...

I will be going back to redeem myself. It's better than the same old boring courses i have been playing lately.

Some good deals in the pro shop too btw ;) Sold out of Penta's tho :lol:

I told 'em all before Baybum. All I hear is blah blah public track blah blah South Geraldton blah blah

Did you see Pieface?

I went to Karrinyup yesterday so I won't see a golf course for 8-9 months now.

Johnny Canuck
21st October 2012, 10:40 PM
I played Carramar once and quite enjoyed it.

Pieface
21st October 2012, 10:46 PM
ok I can read between the lines :cry:

Johnny Canuck
21st October 2012, 11:19 PM
I don't get it. Carramar is a decent track.

Golfnut
21st October 2012, 11:42 PM
I went to Karrinyup yesterday so I won't see a golf course for 8-9 months now.

You really do need "Dodgy Golf" mate

TourFit
22nd October 2012, 12:50 PM
Golfnut is strong in the dodgy...

Johnny Canuck
22nd October 2012, 12:51 PM
Well played.

Pieface
22nd October 2012, 12:56 PM
Finding form on the links and the board TF.

Dark horse for champs??

TourFit
22nd October 2012, 01:38 PM
Vic is the dark horse, surely?

Mububban
22nd October 2012, 02:54 PM

What time did you play and how busy was it? I live up that way and haven't played Carramar yet but have heard a few good reports.

BayBum
22nd October 2012, 06:08 PM
I played Sunday @ 8:20am.

It was a free flowing round.The 4 in front of us only played nine & from the looks of it,the majority of people tee'd off mid morning - midday,as we were leaving. Best to book but i recommend the hit whenever you can get some time to play,it's a top course for a public $30 track.

idgolfguy
23rd October 2012, 01:01 AM
Vic is the dark horse, surely?
Steed!

Shadesy
30th October 2012, 11:46 AM
2 more Courses Ticked off My List.

Busselton was a great Members Track, but was a bit samey, Lots of Right to left Doglegs and par 4's 360-380 metres long. Greens were quick, if not a little inconsistent with there pace, but a lot of Perth Tracks could learn a lot from Greens like that.

Bunbury... Wow, what a Course. Loved every part of it (although the Par 3's (apart from 10) were probably a little Disappoint). Strong debate on the Better greens from Busso to Bunno on Saturday and I must say, for pure Roll, Receptiveness from Wedges and irons and Pace, Bunbury wins easily. Was just great Golf greens, Putts that were hit on the right line, went in.

Can't wait to get down to Bunbury again, and would play Busselton if offered for sure.

Binningup Greens were also very good, (Probably better than Bunbury ;-)) and the course was looking great as always.

olddogmike
30th October 2012, 12:40 PM
Carramar is not good at the moment, it's just been cored and sanded. The putting greens are shocking at the moment, your ball will pick up the sand like a snowball especially first thing in the morning when they have just watered the greens. Give it a couple of weeks and they should be fine.

TourFit
30th October 2012, 12:49 PM
Binningup Greens were also very good, (Probably better than Bunbury ;-)).

I think I made the comment off the cuff because I putted better at Binny than I did at Bunbury...

BayBum
30th October 2012, 12:52 PM
Looks like I got my round in at the right time !

Pics of the courses down south were great.Sounds and looks like plenty of must plays.

simmsy
30th October 2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah saw the temp being prepped.
It was the only hole I saw jack scramble.
He putted from back right to the front left pin position. He put it off the green.
So FAST!!!
It was pretty tight front left.

Webster
30th October 2012, 08:58 PM
Almost off the the green Simmsy. But knocked the next one in (as we all did I think!)

Johnny Canuck
30th October 2012, 09:39 PM
Some crazy breaks on that green.

simmsy
30th October 2012, 09:54 PM
Almost off the the green Simmsy. But knocked the next one in (as we all did I think!)

Yeah u knocked it in AGAIN just when I thought I was a chance u knock in a 15' only for me then to have to knock in a 10' to halve.
Loved putting on those greens.

adlo
30th October 2012, 11:49 PM
That is good news re #6, that green is a nightmare and I have seen it bring far too many pros to tears at the SW Open. There are a few other greens at Bunbury that are too fast when the greens are slick (generally back to front slope), but not sure if they have chnaged any of those recently as I haven't been there for a while.

Can anyone comment on #4? Have they changed the green complex?

Bunbury sounds like it was enjoyed by all at the champs, and so it should be. To have such great greens combined with an interesting layout and great undulation- a great parklands track. Shadesy, I agree, the 3's are the weak link but I do enjoy #10 and #16.

Shadesy
30th October 2012, 11:57 PM
#4 was pretty easy for our group ;-)

Ashes
31st October 2012, 12:02 AM

Do you find anything difficult? Everything's coming up Shadesy at the moment!

adlo
31st October 2012, 01:08 AM

With your shot shape off the tee I would expect you to nearly drive the green.

Marto65
31st October 2012, 08:47 AM
I didnt have any problems on that 6th green ... I had two putts for a win from 6 feet, didnt I Tourfit ...

Shadesy
31st October 2012, 09:39 AM
With your shot shape off the tee I would expect you to nearly drive the green.

SMS chipped in from 50 feet for bird
JC halved with a 39 footer.
I nailed a 25 footer for par.
DC watched.

Amazing scenes.

adlo
31st October 2012, 09:42 AM
I didn't realise you ended up with that gig Rich, good stuff.

Sorry Shadesy, but your "nailed" 25 footer sounds like the anti climax of this so called amazing scene.

Marto65
31st October 2012, 09:43 AM
SMS chipped in from 50 feet for bird
JC halved with a 39 footer.
I nailed a 25 footer for par.
DC watched.

Amazing scenes.

That was on the 2nd, wasn't it?

Shadesy
31st October 2012, 10:04 AM
I didn't realise you ended up with that gig Rich, good stuff.

Sorry Shadesy, but your "nailed" 25 footer sounds like the anti climax of this so called amazing scene.

Yep massive letdown, I think JC might of said nice putt but I can't be certain.

Isn't the 2nd a par 5?

Johnny Canuck
31st October 2012, 10:15 AM
I gave shades credit. It was the 3rd.

Shadesy
31st October 2012, 10:15 AM

Just came here to post that. 3rd hole.

Marto65
31st October 2012, 10:25 AM
The third was the uphill par 4 ... the second was the par 5.

TourFit
31st October 2012, 11:17 AM
I didnt have any problems on that 6th green ... I had two putts for a win from 6 feet, didnt I Tourfit ...

I didn't have a problem with the green as such either, the bunker on the other hand...

Pencil
5th November 2012, 02:27 PM
I'm at Hamersley. The greens make Freo Public look like Augusta in terms of speed

sms316
5th November 2012, 02:36 PM
Indeed it was. I remember it well because it took something special to break the streak of five consecutive holes to SMS.

:razz:

Golfnut
5th November 2012, 03:05 PM
I'm at Hamersley. The greens make Freo Public look like Augusta in terms of speed Seriously? I thought Hamersley's greens weren't too bad for a public track last time I played there a few weeks ago.

Pencil
5th November 2012, 03:33 PM
In there defence they were coring the front so they not have time to mow the back the last few days

Ashes
5th November 2012, 04:01 PM
Played Royal Freo on Friday, second time I've played it now. I now get why the layout isn't rated that highly, as I didn't find it anywhere near as interesting as when I played it for the first time last year.

Greens were pretty slow too (although they looked like it was only 2 or 3 weeks after being cored).

Veefore
5th November 2012, 11:59 PM
I played Freo a couple of years back when they had the greens insanely quick. It was ridiculous. On 13 any putt from the top tier to the bottom tier where the pin was rolled off the right side of the green (looking from the back) and on 15 any shot from anywhere, including 5ft off the green ended up in the same spot down in the front right of the green near the water.

Ashes
6th November 2012, 12:06 AM
When I played it last year it was just after a big tournament and they'd apparently spent a heap on getting its condition up. Was immaculate and the greens were slick, although not ridiculous.

Shadesy
6th November 2012, 12:16 AM
When I played it last year it was just after a big tournament and they'd apparently spent a heap on getting its condition up. Was immaculate and the greens were slick, although not ridiculous.

You might of even got a putt to the hole.

Ashes
6th November 2012, 12:19 AM
You might of even or a putt to the hole.

Translation to English please?

Johnny Canuck
6th November 2012, 12:21 AM
I played Freo a couple of years back when they had the greens insanely quick. It was ridiculous. On 13 any putt from the top tier to the bottom tier where the pin was rolled off the right side of the green (looking from the back) and on 15 any shot from anywhere, including 5ft off the green ended up in the same spot down in the front right of the green near the water.

I played one of their Cups a few years back. One one of the par threes early on the front, it was ridiculous. 3 birdie putts from under 30. Pretty sure we all walked off with bogey.

They were rock hard too. On the downhill 3, which was about 150-160m if I remember correctly, I hit a sky high 9 iron that landed on the front 1/4 of the green and still went well long.

Mububban
6th November 2012, 12:21 AM
I'm at Hamersley. The greens make Freo Public look like Augusta in terms of speed

I usually play at Hamersley (slooooow), or Hill View (holy shit stop stop stop!). It usually takes a couple of holes to adjust. Until then, it ain't pretty.

Ashes
6th November 2012, 12:24 AM
You might of even got a putt to the hole.

Sad but true. I actually said to someone that Busso was perfect for me, everything that would have pulled up afoot or two short went to the hole. Although I did lag a one footer...

Veefore
6th November 2012, 12:28 AM
I played one of their Cups a few years back. One one of the par threes early on the front, it was ridiculous. 3 birdie putts from under 30. Pretty sure we all walked off with bogey.

They were rock hard too. On the downhill 3, which was about 150-160m if I remember correctly, I hit a sky high 9 iron that landed on the front 1/4 of the green and still went well long.

Might have been the same event.

I remember the par 3 third.
I chunked my tee shot, thinned my pitch and had I not hit the dead centre of the hole on my putt from the back of the green I would have been chipping back from off the front. I used about a 2" backswing on the putt and could literally read the name on the ball as it rolled down to the hole.

Two of my playing partners putted off the green. One from only 3ft above the hole!

Even then it wasn't as bad as Seaview a few years ago. They had a three and a half club easterly and I missed the 1st green 1m to the left with a pitching wedge. I thought my ball had stopped moving but we all watched in shock as it trickled on to the green and slowly rolled right across and off the other side.

It was then that I understood why just as I was about to tee off Mike Foster walked past me and said "That is NOT golf. That is a fkin joke!"

Golfnut
6th November 2012, 12:53 AM
That's insane Vee.....and that was probably the biggest green on the course!

adlo
6th November 2012, 10:14 PM

That 8th green was newly built and was a rock in normal playing conditions. Near impossible to land on. Awesome for a downhill 3 :roll:

Yossarian
6th November 2012, 10:30 PM
Was it you and I that played it when it sounded like a baked out cricket pitch?

adlo
6th November 2012, 11:03 PM
Yep, that was the one. We hit 8 irons in as we were on the middle tee block. And I assume that hole s normally down wind too? Even more brilliant.

Golfnut
6th November 2012, 11:22 PM
May as well mark bogey or worse if you miss that green, very tough up and down for a left,right or long miss.

Ashes
6th November 2012, 11:25 PM
Stopped it dead 3 foot from the pin on Friday ;)

I actually thought the 8th was a cool little hole - another example of how little I know about course design...

Golfnut
6th November 2012, 11:30 PM
Nice shot!

Shadesy
6th November 2012, 11:55 PM
3 putt?

Ashes
6th November 2012, 11:58 PM
3 putt?

That would be quite an achievement on an Ambrose day!

Yossarian
7th November 2012, 12:55 AM
Yep, that was the one. We hit 8 irons in as we were on the middle tee block. And I assume that hole s normally down wind too? Even more brilliant.

Funky green too, that front section was whacky.

Shadesy
8th November 2012, 09:21 PM
guys
just spitballing here, because you know how unreliable I am with golf bookings.
Finishing up at Bunbury tomorrow and staying here Fri night.
One the red eye home Sat night..and have to meet a bloke at Wanerroo on Sat arvo. Any games going early on Sat morning ?

I am off at Kennedy Bay at 7am and there were two spots free last time I checked. They are cutting back guests but if I drop the good word about your course designer i might be able to get you on.

Let me know and I'll ring tomorrow.

Shadesy
8th November 2012, 09:49 PM
Sounds doable shadesy. Let me see how tomorrow pans out and I could get there.

PM me golflink, name and number bud.

I'll confirm tomorrow.

KB to Wanneroo will be 90 minutes. We'll be done before 12 easily.

Ashes
8th November 2012, 09:58 PM
Anyone know anything about the Jeep Pro-Am being played at The Vines this Friday to Sunday? Wondering whether I'm likely to get parking for my round on Sunday...

idgolfguy
9th November 2012, 01:24 AM
Most likely. Its free entry.
Don't have comp because of it.

Give me a call when going down there. Will meet you.

sms316
9th November 2012, 01:29 AM
PM me golflink, name and number bud.I'll confirm tomorrow. KB to Wanneroo will be 90 minutes. We'll be done before 12 easily. Make sure that you show him the same wildlife that greeted me on the 18th. Dickie will love it.

Ashes
9th November 2012, 01:31 AM
Most likely. Its free entry.
Don't have comp because of it.

Give me a call when going down there. Will meet you.

PGN comp is still supposed to be on and I'm booked for 10.36.

You watching the pro-am?

idgolfguy
9th November 2012, 01:56 AM
Who are you playing with?

Ashes
9th November 2012, 08:58 AM
Just my dad and we've been placed with some PGN randoms. Looks like 8.12 has opened up tho so might jump on there instead.

Johnny Canuck
9th November 2012, 06:24 PM
Bunbury is a special track, but Mandurah plays real nice. I have never really had an issue with stray shots coming my way there. Old ladies complaining about swearing, that's a different story.

Ashes
9th November 2012, 06:30 PM
Was Simmsy complaining?

TourFit
9th November 2012, 06:54 PM
No. REAL DEAL old ladies and the C-bomb don't mix well...

...and I agree, Mandurah plays well and I've never found it that dangerous. Then again, I was in the same group as Rubin and Yoss!!! (EDIT: Not fair to Yoss, he drove it awesome that day. Sorry Yoss :wink:)

rubin
9th November 2012, 06:57 PM

...and I agree, Mandurah plays well and I've never found it that dangerous. Then again, I was in the same group as Rubin and Yoss!!! (EDIT: Not fair to Yoss, he drove it awesome that day. Sorry Yoss :wink:)

sorry fatman fitman - i dont recall having played Mandurah with you - ever. Please try another BS story.

Yossarian
9th November 2012, 07:00 PM
I recall it. I think. I drink a lot.

rubin
9th November 2012, 07:02 PM

sorry fatman fitman - i dont recall having played Mandurah with you - ever. Please try another BS story.

I recall it. I think. I drink a lot.

I've played Mandurah twice. First time with Hocko, Tiger, and someone else (May have been cosmo, im not 100%) but was most definately not fit.

Second time was about a month or so ago, with your good self Yoss and the golfer-formerly-known-as-the-champ TommyG.

PLease try again TF

Ashes
9th November 2012, 07:05 PM

I actually apologized to Simmsy (and the rest of the group) when I dropped the c-bomb at Mandurah.

And there's heaps of room at Mandurah if you don't pull the driver out...

simmsy
9th November 2012, 08:23 PM
I've played Mandurah twice. First time with Hocko, Tiger, and someone else (May have been cosmo, im not 100%) but was most definately not fit.

Second time was about a month or so ago, with your good self Yoss and the golfer-formerly-known-as-the-champ TommyG.

PLease try again TF

Sensitive much

Cosmopolite
9th November 2012, 11:41 PM
yes I played in your group at Mandurah

Cosmopolite
9th November 2012, 11:52 PM
Tourfit, Rubin, Nuffie and myself played at the Cut last year

hocko
10th November 2012, 12:40 AM
I played with SMS, Nuffie and Veeman at Busselton.

simmsy
10th November 2012, 12:49 AM
i played with myself 15 minutes ago.

sms316
10th November 2012, 01:28 AM
I played with SMS, Nuffie and Veeman at Busselton. I drank Emu Export cans after the round. $4.50 each FFS.

idgolfguy
10th November 2012, 02:10 AM
Mrs was too busy?

simmsy
10th November 2012, 02:51 AM
Feeding the bub.

Where's multitasking gone I ask?

Ashes
10th November 2012, 09:45 AM

You need to delete those pics of Shadesy off your phone..

simmsy
10th November 2012, 11:50 AM
i hate you.

simmsy
10th November 2012, 11:50 AM
but on the upside, i'm playing Kalgoorlie Golf Course next week.

can't wait.

simmsy
10th November 2012, 11:51 AM
You need to delete those pics of Shadesy off your phone..

i have 3 times, MegaMod keeps sending it to me though.

freakn me out.

Ashes
10th November 2012, 11:53 AM
Does not being able to keep your hands off yourself when you see it freak you out?

At least you didn't feel the need to message me to say what you were doing this time. Much appreciated.

simmsy
10th November 2012, 12:55 PM
i'll send you the pick.

MegaWatty
10th November 2012, 12:56 PM
Did you forget the 'r' Simmsy? ;)

Golfnut
10th November 2012, 02:42 PM
Cut and paste?

idgolfguy
10th November 2012, 02:52 PM
Low-ball?

TourFit
10th November 2012, 06:06 PM
Sorry Rubes...I was wrong. You were in another group at Champs in Mandurah.

I did play with Yoss though, and he did drive it awesome

Ashes
10th November 2012, 06:09 PM
I did play with Yoss though

And no ones been able to wipe the smiles of either of your faces since..

Cosmopolite
11th November 2012, 10:32 PM
played Chequers today in a Russian stableford. Greens were cored and sanded, some heavily so putting was made more difficult.

The pair we played with shot 48 points on the front 9 but the wheels fell off on the back nine for them. One of their players had an eagle so got 5 points and his partner got 2 points so they ended up with 10 points on one hole.

I like the layout of chequers but I wish the fairways were a bit better. there is also a lot of trouble to get into on that course.

simmsy
12th November 2012, 11:26 PM
up in Kal for a few days so went out to the golf course after work today.
i hit them up to see if they would let me play a few holes each day rather than trying to rush around for 9 holes and so im getting to play 18 over 4 afternoons.
couple of pics.

1st pic -
approach into Par5 2nd
2nd -
just infront of teebox on Par 3rd
3rd -
tee signage on 4th
4th -
tee on 4th
5th -
funky green on the 9th

simmsy
12th November 2012, 11:32 PM
this course is a blessing for short hitters like me. the ball flies, then rolls soooooo far!!!

Ashes
12th November 2012, 11:48 PM
this course is a blessing for short hitters like me. the ball flies, then rolls soooooo far!!!

In all the photos I've seen, it doesn't look that hard and fast. Cool looking course, he contrast between the green and red dirt is awesome. Hopefully I get there one day..

simmsy
12th November 2012, 11:55 PM
How does one know from a photo sensei.

adlo
12th November 2012, 11:58 PM
Speaks a thousand words presumably

Ashes
13th November 2012, 12:03 AM
The photos I've seen it didn't look like they were cutting it as low as some courses. Hard to tell from a photo as you quite rightly point out master.

Insanely jealous that you're getting a hit on it anyway (even if it is spread over 4 days).

simmsy
13th November 2012, 12:27 AM
If job goes to plan will get to play it properly on Friday arvo as well.

Johnny Canuck
13th November 2012, 12:43 AM
In all the photos I've seen, it doesn't look that hard and fast. Kind of like IDGolfguy?

Ashes
13th November 2012, 12:44 AM
Haha. ID is fast over 5m or so.

dc68
13th November 2012, 08:14 AM
Haha. ID is fast over 5m or so.

As fast as Fit onto a floorburger?

hocko
13th November 2012, 09:13 AM
Hope you are loving it mate

simmsy
15th November 2012, 08:55 PM
Played full 18 at Kal yesterday. Great course. it is a must visit for anyone that can get up here. the fwy's and greens were super hard with no check on any shots into greens and massive rollout on the fairways. Not a great deal of fwy bunkering, instead they have cut the fwy's to incorporate the red dirt for you to play off. works really well. can't wait to play it again.

The course plays 6768M from the tips, but it needs everyone of those meters as it doesn't feel like it plays that long due to the run out you get and perhaps somewhat from the dry warm atmosphere in Kalgoorlie.

a few pics to follow:

T shot on 5. love the way all the T blocks are cut out, really defined and in perfect condition.

simmsy
15th November 2012, 08:57 PM
T block on 6th hole:

simmsy
15th November 2012, 08:59 PM
6th Green complex & 7th T block:

simmsy
15th November 2012, 09:01 PM
approach into 9 & 10:

simmsy
15th November 2012, 09:02 PM
T shot on 11, a good risk reward par 5 & heading into the epic 569M!!!! 15th:

simmsy
15th November 2012, 09:05 PM
T shot 16th, T shot 17th (202M carry), 18th green:

G.K
15th November 2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the pics simmsy. Have heard plenty of stories about how impressive it looks with red dirt etc. You've certainly captured that!

hocko
15th November 2012, 11:05 PM
Played full 18 at Kal yesterday. Great course. it is a must visit for anyone that can get up here. the fwy's and greens were super hard with no check on any shots into greens and massive rollout on the fairways. Not a great deal of fwy bunkering, instead they have cut the fwy's to incorporate the red dirt for you to play off. works really well. can't wait to play it again.

The course plays 6768M from the tips, but it needs everyone of those meters as it doesn't feel like it plays that long due to the run out you get and perhaps somewhat from the dry warm atmosphere in Kalgoorlie.

a few pics to follow:

T shot on 5. love the way all the T blocks are cut out, really defined and in perfect condition.

Did you do any work at all???

Golfnut
15th November 2012, 11:15 PM
Nice pics simmsy, how would you describe the course?
I might be off the mark but it actually looks a bit linksy to me.

MegaWatty
15th November 2012, 11:16 PM
One word nut. Awesome.

Yossarian
15th November 2012, 11:17 PM
Ashes was worried about the OOB to the right of 15.

hocko
15th November 2012, 11:18 PM
One word nut. Awesome.

+2

BayBum
15th November 2012, 11:52 PM
Lay up to the next tee block on 17 ?

The contrast in colours is awesome & i really dig the defined tee blocks,pro status stuff !

simmsy
16th November 2012, 01:10 AM
Nice pics simmsy, how would you describe the course?
I might be off the mark but it actually looks a bit linksy to me.

Awesome is right Mega.

It has linksy aspects to it nut. The gum trees are in the game a fair bit too.
Greens aren't massive typically.
It is just Awesome. Can't wait till I'm up there again.

simmsy
16th November 2012, 01:11 AM
Did you do any work at all???

The lazy pricks at the mine site I was working on finish at 4pm!!!!

So what's a guy to do. Golf till sunset then toppos at dinner!!!

MegaWatty
16th November 2012, 01:43 AM
What a life! Lets head up there together. Are we man enough to share at Rudges?

simmsy
16th November 2012, 01:53 AM
If ur payin yeah why not.

MegaWatty
16th November 2012, 02:25 AM
We'll split the difference in the small smount I have to pick up. You arrange the girls.

simmsy
16th November 2012, 02:49 AM
Done.
I've got Paris staying two doors down tonight.

MegaWatty
16th November 2012, 02:49 AM
Say hi for me.

Ashes
16th November 2012, 08:54 AM
Nice pics Simmsy, looks awesome. I'm disappointed you haven't provided any thermal images of the course; are they on the way?

What was your score?

simmsy
16th November 2012, 09:32 AM
Grass isn't the best thing for Thermals Ashes. All the same temp fairly much.
But I will try next time if you wish.

Shot 79.

Pieface
16th November 2012, 11:14 AM
It will be interesting to see if the fairways and greens soften a bit over the next few months.

Nice shooting Simmsy!

TourFit
16th November 2012, 11:55 AM
I've got Paris staying two doors down tonight.

She'd show up on some thermals, wouldn't she?

Ashes
22nd November 2012, 11:32 AM
Decent deal for The Cut. The burgers there are pretty damn good.

http://cudo.com.au/perth/two-people-play-18-holes-at-the-sensational-the-cut-golf-course/?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=Perth_email&utm_campaign=Email_Perth_22112012&cmp=edm:dly:per:un:her:txt:67595:121122:11:3570719 8&rmid=1479807245

BayBum
22nd November 2012, 12:54 PM
Pretty crap T&C but a good deal none the less. I would be keen to go back down there and see how I go now that I'm back playing. The first time was just a good walk spoiled really.

Cosmopolite
22nd November 2012, 02:13 PM
Played Joondalup on Monday. Love playing there and it is always in good nick. Like the way they take your gear out of the boot and put it on the cart for you too.

Spuddage
22nd November 2012, 05:01 PM
Altone park now has a driving range open from 4:30pm-10pm. Handy as Im working near there at the moment.
New management seem to be spending some money on the course too, looks in much better shape than last time I went there.

bergsey
22nd November 2012, 08:40 PM
Where would they have space for that ? Across the road?

bergsey
22nd November 2012, 11:09 PM
Calling Bruce .... Was down at Wembley last night, do you know if there are plans to put in lighting down near the practice bunkers?

Probably the only thing missing, the last few times I've seen guys chipping to the practice putting greens even though there are the signs saying no chipping. I gather that is in part because it is too dark in the chipping area