PDA

View Full Version : WA Golf Courses

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Scottt
8th May 2009, 04:20 PM
Ouch.

Bruce Dickinson
8th May 2009, 04:24 PM
Ouch.

not really that tough with amazonian jungle either side and a 30 knot wind :lol:

razaar
8th May 2009, 05:31 PM
Are you guys doing some work or was it just a followup visit? Great story by the way, know exactly how you must have felt on the first tee. Top effort to play to 11 on a course like that & from the tiger tees.:)

adlo
8th May 2009, 09:32 PM
Ouch.
If your tee game is on fire the course doesn't seem that bad.

If it isn't....... :smt013

adlo
9th May 2009, 05:14 PM
Apparently the Tuart is being let down by its conditioning at the moment, hopefully they take care of that lovely green of yours 69.

vovo
9th May 2009, 10:22 PM
My clubs have finally arrived, so which 18 would be recommended at Wembley Downs?

Also on their website, they list their prices as
18 holes $27.00
18 holes - (Renovation) $21.00
9 holes $18.50
9 holes - (Renovation) $15.50
Add $8.50

What does Add mean? or in regards to the weekday prices, what does development fee mean?

adlo
9th May 2009, 10:36 PM
Dunno about the add $8.50, some form of typo.

Play the Old course for sure, much nicer IMO.

Mayhem
9th May 2009, 11:53 PM
Typo for sure. The tuart is starting to get ripped up. COnstruction crap everywhere. Spray lines on the course and range etc. Assume the cheepest rate. Considering construction I would play Old course. Tuart is fun but some holes are hopeless and it is much harder on the legs (apparently)

rebjon
10th May 2009, 12:10 AM
Apparently the Tuart is being let down by its conditioning at the moment, hopefully they take care of that lovely green of yours 69.

9th is a much better hole now apart from only needing a wedge to get onto that green, banged it off the ridge and back towards the pin....

The 18th is now the best hole on the Tuart, the green complex is fantastic....

The rest of the greens were shit was like they haven't changed the pin position in days, all chopped up by spike marks....

adlo
10th May 2009, 02:25 PM
9th is a much better hole now apart from only needing a wedge to get onto that green, banged it off the ridge and back towards the pin....

The 18th is now the best hole on the Tuart, the green complex is fantastic....

The rest of the greens were shit was like they haven't changed the pin position in days, all chopped up by spike marks....
The 18th green is a testament to G69ers work, however like I said elsewhere, a problem for the rest of the Tuart 18 because it is so much better than any other green complex on the course.

adlo
10th May 2009, 04:35 PM
The 10th hole, measured on Google is 26m.
The 12th is 21m wide at the 230m mark.
The 10th is a stupid hole. Anything less than the perfect line off the tee and you are blocked out of the green or your ball is lost.

The 12th is funny. When I played there with MM we both flushed tee shots, his at the marker on the dune, mine clearing the dune out to the right, we ended up maybe 10-15m apart with good looks at the green. We were feeling pretty happy with that until we watched the group of old hackers behind us bunt up low running mishits that ran all the way down the dune and stopped maybe 15-20m behind us in the middle of the fairway.

Room for error on our tee shots: EXTREME
Room for error on the putter bump and run: ZERO

I think next time I will take the option of a longer approach and play a 69er special off the tee and bunt one.

Bruce Dickinson
10th May 2009, 10:09 PM
Typo for sure. The tuart is starting to get ripped up. COnstruction crap everywhere. Spray lines on the course and range etc. Assume the cheepest rate. Considering construction I would play Old course. Tuart is fun but some holes are hopeless and it is much harder on the legs (apparently)
Apart from playing on the forward tee of the 10th their's no construction work that will effect the Tuart Course.

adlo
11th May 2009, 02:55 PM
11th hole is stupid. You have to hit a particular number off the tee or you're rooted. For me it is a 3 hybrid. No point taking anymore or any less club.

Nice 3 wood approach btw.

BrisVegas
11th May 2009, 03:02 PM
That 11th hole looks cool! I love seeing sky as a background for a green.

adlo
11th May 2009, 03:03 PM
That 11th hole looks cool! I love seeing sky as a background for a green.

Very true, a green that is unframed really messes with distance perception.

adlo
11th May 2009, 03:04 PM
Looks like the weather was amazing for you 69

BrisVegas
11th May 2009, 03:05 PM
By the way, that neck in front of the green is 22m mulga to mulga...looks tighter in the photo.

It's probably not meant to be approached with a 3 wood! :lol:

Bruce Dickinson
11th May 2009, 03:10 PM
11th hole is stupid. You have to hit a particular number off the tee or you're rooted. For me it is a 3 hybrid. No point taking anymore or any less club.

Nice 3 wood approach btw.

just take driver and be done with it...

Yossarian
11th May 2009, 04:45 PM
Man Binningup looks amazing!!

Yossarian
11th May 2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah one of my mates told me about it after playing there on a bucks weekend, now these photos i think i'm going to have to head down there!

adlo
11th May 2009, 08:36 PM
Why? It is only going to roll back down the hill.

Yeah one of my mates told me about it after playing there on a bucks weekend, now these photos i think i'm going to have to head down there!

Hidden gem of WA golf. Do yourself a favour

Bruce Dickinson
11th May 2009, 08:46 PM
Why? It is only going to roll back down the hill.

because it's more fun than hitting a hybrid :lol:

adlo
11th May 2009, 08:50 PM
because it's more fun than hitting a hybrid :lol:

No worries Launcher boy :)

You only say that because you need a 2 iron

Yossarian
11th May 2009, 09:10 PM
Hidden gem of WA golf. Do yourself a favour

Yeah definately, how long a drive is it?

adlo
11th May 2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah definately, how long a drive is it?
Hour and a half south early in the morning. (15-20 mins north of Australind)

Drive home a bit longer when you have to drive through bloody Mandurah.

simmsy
11th May 2009, 10:37 PM
Couple more months and the freeway will be through, that will take 20-30mins off the trip.

adlo
11th May 2009, 10:45 PM
Yep, can't wait, more games at Binningup and at Bunbury coming up!

Golfnut
12th May 2009, 12:03 AM
Once that freeway gets there, we should try organize a date to head down & play it.....have they got different tee offs if you go round twice at Binningup?

adlo
12th May 2009, 12:09 AM
Yep, 2 tees on all holes and 2 flags on #5 and #9 (MASSIVE greens).

The yellow flag on the 18th hole of the day is a killer.

And a WA Ozgolf Binningup day is a great idea. I know JC, rebjon, idgolfguy, myself, simmsy would all be keen. We could also get Yossarian, Bruce Dickinson and whoever else wants to make a day of it.

Golfnut
12th May 2009, 12:15 AM
Count me in too....those pics of it looked delightful....very picturesque.

adlo
12th May 2009, 12:19 AM
69er has taken some fine snaps. From the rise on #3 (shown) through to #6 is just beautiful golfing scenery and great golf holes to boot.

Golfnut
12th May 2009, 12:24 AM
I'm guessing weekends could get pretty busy down there or is it still a fairly quiet course most days?

adlo
12th May 2009, 12:28 AM
VERY quiet. Saturday or Sunday mornings are fine. The Binningup Golf Club tee off Sat PM so Saturday tee times must be early. There would normally be about 20 people playing Sat AM TOTAL before the golf club tees off. No joke.

Topdog
12th May 2009, 01:38 PM
Adam you can count me in for a hit at Binningup.
Played the course a few times and would enjoy another hit .
Sickies can be used any day of the week.
Cheers,
Phil

adlo
12th May 2009, 03:36 PM
Here's a before and after of the 9th hole @ Wembley.
The entire right side was cleaned out and made into a sandy waste type bunker whick would also look much better from thge clubhouse. Most of that trap on the right is for decoration and not in play.

Hopefully the 2nd green of many at Wembley.
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/gollfer69/binningup/IMG_1185.jpg
69, seeing the before and afters shows the quality of your work there. Hopefully your mate can find more room in the budget to keep you employed at Wembley. It is a great site for a golf course and improved bunkering and greens will set it off.

Adam you can count me in for a hit at Binningup.
Played the course a few times and would enjoy another hit .
Sickies can be used any day of the week.
Cheers,
Phil
No worries Phil. Didn't know you were an ozgolf dweller.

When we get something going I will start a WA ozgolf day thread and open it up for everyone to attend.

Yossarian
12th May 2009, 07:52 PM
Definately keen as well

Mayhem
12th May 2009, 08:29 PM
Yep, 2 tees on all holes and 2 flags on #5 and #9 (MASSIVE greens).

The yellow flag on the 18th hole of the day is a killer.

And a WA Ozgolf Binningup day is a great idea. I know JC, rebjon, idgolfguy, myself, simmsy would all be keen. We could also get Yossarian, Bruce Dickinson and whoever else wants to make a day of it.

I may well consider it too mate!!!!

nuttedit
12th May 2009, 08:42 PM
Many good and bad comments about courses in the west but ill offer an opinion. Kennedy Bay is a super course and if you love the challenge of links golf you will love this track, sure there is some odd bunkering like #9 i think its the one when standing on the tee they seem to run like a line directly across the fairway in the landing zone but if you have played any links courses in Scotland or Ireland every course has its oddity which is the charm of links golf which u cant appreciate unless you have been there.
Besides that if you are looking for a course which is a good test and is a little under estimated is Hartfield. I was a member there for 2 years and sure its not as visually beautiful as some, however if you play well in a comp you will be well rewarded as its no push over especially off the back peg.
Remember every course has a different opinion to everyone who plays it so keep that in mind when someone runs down a course you like.

adlo
12th May 2009, 09:04 PM
I may well consider it too mate!!!!
You were considered a certainty when the "B" word was mentioned.

Many good and bad comments about courses in the west but ill offer an opinion. Kennedy Bay is a super course and if you love the challenge of links golf you will love this track, sure there is some odd bunkering like #9 i think its the one when standing on the tee they seem to run like a line directly across the fairway in the landing zone but if you have played any links courses in Scotland or Ireland every course has its oddity which is the charm of links golf which u cant appreciate unless you have been there.
Besides that if you are looking for a course which is a good test and is a little under estimated is Hartfield. I was a member there for 2 years and sure its not as visually beautiful as some, however if you play well in a comp you will be well rewarded as its no push over especially off the back peg.
Remember every course has a different opinion to everyone who plays it so keep that in mind when someone runs down a course you like.

Can't argue with anything there.

adlo
12th May 2009, 09:56 PM
What are they looking at doing?

One of the most underrated courses in Perth.

simmsy
12th May 2009, 09:59 PM
any clues as to what might be happening there G69??
I'm a member there would love to know what they are thinking.

nuts

I had a drive around Hartfield last week...potential future client.
Looked a pleasant spot for a hit.

Mayhem
12th May 2009, 11:13 PM
[quote=adlo;315876]You were considered a certainty when the "B" word was mentioned.

I feel better now. Love that course. rarely play it in a group of four.

adlo
12th May 2009, 11:31 PM
[quote=adlo;315876]You were considered a certainty when the "B" word was mentioned.

I feel better now. Love that course. rarely play it in a group of four.
Looks like we could be talking 3-4 groups, maybe some skins and a trophy for the winner of the inaugural WA Ozgolf major, 2009.

That's what I am thinking anyway......

Mayhem
12th May 2009, 11:38 PM
[quote=Mayhem;315918]
Looks like we could be talking 3-4 groups, maybe some skins and a trophy for the winner of the inaugural WA Ozgolf major, 2009.

That's what I am thinking anyway......

Sweet mate, sounds like a grand plan. Give us a hoy and I can help get things organised if you like.

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2009, 01:13 AM

Been there, done that. Blind lob wedge approach from deep rough.

Played in an ambrose with a pro and a +1 marker who had the best short game I have ever seem and we couldn't get within 20 feet with that approach.

Topdog
13th May 2009, 04:06 PM
Adlo I read most golf forum site's.
I just find talking with my fingers hard work , plus I was given a big mouth so might as well use it :mrgreen:
Golf has not been my number 1 thing the last few months.
Well thats 3 post , so soon i will have to take the plastic wrapping off this Keyboard:-k
Cheers,

Phil

simmsy
13th May 2009, 06:13 PM
yeah the 10th was done most recently, wasn't a great success as they had to remove the bunker on the left as all the rain water would drain from the green straight into it.
what was your initial thoughts mate? what do you think needs to happen as a priority?

Simmsy,

No work this year I'm told..giving you guys a break from construction. I understand there was a masterplan done a long time ago and a few greens have been re-done. They were keen to get a fresh set of eyes to look at the masterplan.

One of your committee was down at the supers conference where I did a bit on bunkers and we seemed to be on the same wavelength with golfer access and bunker maintenance etc.

Nothing formal happening but I might drop in when next in Perth for a more formal chat.

The layout doesn't seem to need much, just a few minor tweaks and a bit more life in some of the strategies.

idgolfguy
13th May 2009, 08:38 PM
Adlo,
Add me to the list too, please.

BTW. Anyone playing the Holden Scramble at Mt Lawley and/or The Vines?

adlo
13th May 2009, 08:42 PM
When are they?

Scottt
13th May 2009, 08:45 PM
One of your committee was down at the supers conference where I did a bit on bunkers

:smt038 :lol:

idgolfguy
13th May 2009, 08:55 PM
Follow the links - there are events every month in WA by the looks of it.

http://www.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=holdenscrambleevents&month=8&year=2009&state=4

adlo
14th May 2009, 12:27 AM
Follow the links - there are events every month in WA by the looks of it.

http://www.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=holdenscrambleevents&month=8&year=2009&state=4
I am interested in both of those.... Mt Lawley moreso to see the new layout.

Johnny Canuck
14th May 2009, 12:49 AM
lawley for me!

adlo
14th May 2009, 12:57 AM
Need a 4th then.

adlo
14th May 2009, 01:33 AM
One important variable is the increased likelihood of awkward lies and stances or bunker walls interefering with your swing in a small pot bunker that is part of a cluster as opposed to a large 'parkland' bunker.

I'm not saying that is bad or unfair, simply different.

My only observation is that there is a lot of sand there, more than you might se on some of the famed courses that I imagine may have inspired KB's designer. I merely wonder, as someone who has perved a lot but not played, how many of the 115 add to the design.

Re: fairway traps at staggered lengths, I find a weak cut travels shorter off the tee than when I hook one. That being so, a RHS pot at 210-220m and a LHS pot at 235-250m would both be in play for me, given the shot that will lead to me finding them.
Scottt, I have been looking at the course the past few weeks with your questions about over bunkering.

My honest answer is that the course is not over bunkered in driving zones. Sure there are plenty of bunkers but there are still options of every tee.

When you make your way out west play the course and enjoy it for yourself you will see it is on coastal land but lacks the extreme undulations I have seen in the photos of UK links courses. With a large reduction in the bunkering the course would play quite easy. They would have to reduce the width of the fairways. You could lose some bunkers, sure, but it is not necessary.

I think a hole more like this seems over bunkered. Seems pointless and adds very little to the hole:

http://images.miclub.com.au/images/sands/http/images/tour/diagH3.jpg

OR

http://images.miclub.com.au/images/sands/http/images/tour/diagH2.jpg

Terrible stuff Apples.

Scottt
14th May 2009, 01:51 AM
Looks like an aerial pic taken on a cloudy day :lol:

adlo
14th May 2009, 01:53 AM
:lol:

Scottt
14th May 2009, 02:01 AM
G69 will

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/52689/thumbs/s-MOLLY-SIMS-large.jpg

when he sees those diagrams :lol:

adlo
14th May 2009, 02:13 AM
Lets keep him going for a while
http://www.floridareunionresort.com/images/reunion%20golf%20bunker%20with%20border.jpg

adlo
14th May 2009, 02:14 AM
http://www.golfvacationinsider.com/images/american-club-kohler-golf-vacation-bunkers.jpg

WBennett
14th May 2009, 08:27 AM
Where the hell is that last one Adlo?

Scottt
14th May 2009, 08:53 AM
American Club, Kohler Wisconsin, USA.

Yossarian
14th May 2009, 11:23 AM
People actually play golf on that???

Scottt
14th May 2009, 04:01 PM
Even better, G69: Sand Hills, Nebraska

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5b5c28b24c.jpg

adlo
14th May 2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks for that pic scottt..I'm gunna try and track down some more hi res pics of that place for my next bunker talk.

Thanks scottt for the pic? G69, get with the program.

Johnny Canuck
14th May 2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks scottt for the pic? G69, get with the program.
thanks scottt for reading the image properties.

Scottt
14th May 2009, 07:21 PM
:smt038

I'm more of a right click, save as and look at the file name kind of guy ;)

Mayhem
14th May 2009, 11:09 PM
Need a 4th then.

What's the date?? I may be the final amego???

WAGL handi-cap might be my undoing though hey? Do I qualify?

Yossarian
28th May 2009, 11:11 PM
Whats Kwininna like, might have a game there soon, is it going to destroy me? :)

simmsy
28th May 2009, 11:15 PM
good course, gets long on the back nine as you push up the hill.

Golfnut
28th May 2009, 11:17 PM
Great course mate that's in excellent condition.....suits big hitters with some long Par 4's and some very challenging up hill holes.

EDIT. beat me to it simmsy

adlo
28th May 2009, 11:22 PM
Yoss, I have never played it either, would be keen to check it out.

Yossarian
28th May 2009, 11:25 PM
I think we have four already, a mate is putting it all together but if there is a spot i'll let you know.

Or we could play it another time, there green fees seem pretty reasonable.

Golfnut
28th May 2009, 11:26 PM
Whats Kwininna like, might have a game there soon, is it going to destroy me? :)

I failed to get under 100 both times I played there Yoss and I would normally hit in the 90's so take from that what you will.....but you will still find the course very enjoyable and challenging in a good way.

adlo
28th May 2009, 11:26 PM
Nah another time is good. Let us know what you think about it.

Yossarian
28th May 2009, 11:27 PM
Just checked out the course map, yay water hazards:oops:

And bugger me if it isn't looooong!

adlo
28th May 2009, 11:31 PM
Water hazards suck.

Golfnut
28th May 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm usually a magnet for water hazards but they didn't seem to be too bad from memory.....don't remember losing any balls due to them anyway.
Only one that can mess with your head is on the 17th with its dogleg left....but most will clear this easily off the tee as long as you don't try take on the trees.

Golfnut
28th May 2009, 11:43 PM
My real highlight from playing there was paring the 18th both times i've played KGC which almost makes any of the previous disaster holes forgettable:)

A windy day will mean a long day at the office too....sorry had to add that :(

Johnny Canuck
29th May 2009, 12:17 AM
You big girls! All this talk, you guys should get to hit off the ladies.

Yoss, play smart, keep it out of the trees, it's not a bad track.

Hole 6, the Par 3 is a beast. One of the toughest 3's you'll find.

The course doesn't play overly long, a lot of mid range 4s.

Golfnut
29th May 2009, 01:38 AM
The course doesn't play overly long, a lot of mid range 4s.

How far you hit your 4i again JC?

Johnny Canuck
29th May 2009, 02:01 AM
Far enough:mrgreen:. I just don't find Kwinana to be overly long. I just checked and it appears to play longer than I remember.

Hey Aldo,

Check out this link: http://www.iseekgolf.com/courses/1930-kennedy-bay-golf-club

Scroll down and read the first review. I burst out laughing when I got to the end of it!

adlo
29th May 2009, 09:54 AM
Far enough:mrgreen:. I just don't find Kwinana to be overly long. I just checked and it appears to play longer than I remember.

Hey Aldo,

Check out this link: http://www.iseekgolf.com/courses/1930-kennedy-bay-golf-club

Scroll down and read the first review. I burst out laughing when I got to the end of it!
I have heard that guy is a prick

adlo
31st May 2009, 03:37 PM
Playing with a guy from the UK on Saturday. He dropped a bit of a bombshell.

He had recently played Muirfield, and he said that he would be just as happy playing Kennedy Bay as Muirfield. Big call.

Yossarian
31st May 2009, 07:45 PM
Well just back from Kwinana. Didn't get too badly dominated. Think i shot +100 though :( If only I could putt...

Anyway its a really nice course, condition was excellent, really liked the layout as well. Good mix of doglegs and risk reward holes IMO. Thought some of the par threes were a little weak though.

Didn't feel as long as I thought it would be, but maybe I just hit the ball longer than I realised :mrgreen:

Greens were superb, bit quick but true.

Definitely worth a look if you haven't all ready.

Yossarian
31st May 2009, 07:51 PM
Oh and the 6th the par three is a monster, managed to hold a five iron on the slope just off the green and then amost dropped my chip in for birdie and then three putted for double bogey :)

adlo
31st May 2009, 07:52 PM
Cool, looking forward to seeing this track tomoz.

Yossarian
31st May 2009, 07:56 PM
I think you'll like it mate, i really enjoyed it. Hit pretty much every club in the bag which is nice.

adlo
31st May 2009, 08:20 PM
Was worried it looked like a driver, long approach shot course.

Golfnut
31st May 2009, 09:09 PM
Glad you enjoyed the round Yoss....I like to think the enjoyment is what its more about rather than just scores....especially if its your first time on the course. Kwinana would be on my very short list if I could join somewhere.

Johnny Canuck
31st May 2009, 10:31 PM
Oh and the 6th the par three is a monster, managed to hold a five iron on the slope just off the green and then amost dropped my chip in for birdie and then three putted for double bogey :)

Told ya! That hole gets me every time.

adlo
31st May 2009, 10:33 PM
Cant stick your 9i on there JC?

Johnny Canuck
31st May 2009, 10:47 PM
Plays long, uphill to a sloping green. BEAST! 5 is a slut too.

adlo
31st May 2009, 10:48 PM
Nasty

Golfnut
31st May 2009, 11:53 PM
Landed one on the 6th the last time I played it but 3 putted the b@stard....I was too wrapped up in the exhilaration of hitting the green.....what a waste!

Yossarian
1st June 2009, 12:09 AM
Plays long, uphill to a sloping green. BEAST! 5 is a slut too.

5 was the massive dogleg?
If so I actually managed to drive it to within 100 metres of the green only to pull my wedge into the bunker and well we all know the rest.... :oops:

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2009, 12:53 AM
With a good drive, the hole isn't too bad. It's tough to know what angle to take.

For some reason, I find that green tricky to hit.

Golfnut
1st June 2009, 08:52 AM
Nice drive Yoss if you got it to within 100m of the green!!!....your game is starting to sound a little like mine....the second shot can get me into all sorts of problems :(

Anyway, wish me luck lads.....i'm off to take on the big fella :)

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2009, 09:56 AM
Go Aldo!

Makes the second round match a lot easier to arrange:).

adlo
1st June 2009, 02:56 PM
Go Aldo!

Makes the second round match a lot easier to arrange:).

True, wanna play somewhere other than KB?

I figure you have played far too many matches on home soil.

Oh, and Kwinana was a great track.

Beautiful greens. Good challenging parkland course with the right mix of width and length and medium size challenging greens. Similar to WAGC IMO.
If I designed the course I would have thrown in 1 or 2 more short par 4's to mix it up a little bit more.

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2009, 07:49 PM
You and I.

Serpentine. Sand greens. Giddyup!

adlo
1st June 2009, 07:53 PM
Pinjarra?

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2009, 07:58 PM
Mandurah. I need a good excuse to play there. Pinjarra is boring compared to Mandurah.

adlo
1st June 2009, 08:01 PM
OK, how many times you played there?

I am keen, but have never seen it.

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2009, 08:24 PM
Twice. Once in the biggest storm of the year. I have no advantage there.

Yossarian
1st June 2009, 08:27 PM
You could duck over to Rotto to check out the artificial greens?:razz:

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2009, 08:30 PM
Do they have artificial now? Last time I was there they were rock hard sand.

I'll beat Aldo anywhere, I'm not prejudiced.

Yossarian
1st June 2009, 08:32 PM
They 'upgraded' just recently apparently. Not sure it will stop the quokkas shitting all over them though.

simmsy
1st June 2009, 10:28 PM
Play Mandurah Adlo, great course and like JC said I don't reckon he's got too big an advantage there with his distance. It will test your accuracy around that track though.

adlo
1st June 2009, 10:33 PM
JC is having a sook and wants to play KB. We'll see.....

I am keen to see Mandurah though.

Golfnut
1st June 2009, 10:46 PM
Look guys make it simple....Freo public, go round twice :) Get in there before the places gets carved up by DPI :(

adlo
1st June 2009, 10:47 PM
Freo public is on my "courses I would rather die than play" list.

Golfnut
1st June 2009, 10:53 PM
LOL.....your only saying that cause JC can drive just about every green on it!

adlo
1st June 2009, 10:55 PM
Didn't think of that....

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2009, 11:20 PM
JC is having a sook and wants to play KB. We'll see.....

I am keen to see Mandurah though.

No, you are having a sook and don't want to play at a course where we are both members... I'll play anywhere, don't care. Mandurah would make for a great day.

LOL.....your only saying that cause JC can drive just about every green on it!
Sounds like a plan. Good suggestion GN.

adlo
1st June 2009, 11:22 PM
I agree that it would make a great day and I am keen to play there, either socially or for match play. We can play KB. Not sooking, just trying to level the playing field.

Johnny Canuck
1st June 2009, 11:31 PM
It would be level at KB. You have been a member for 6 months and get shots on half that holes!

I really don't care, I'd love to get down to Mandurah on a Sunday for a game.

Strange fact. I have double hit two balls in my life, both have come at Mandurah in the two times that I have played there.

adlo
1st June 2009, 11:34 PM
Is there a way I can make that happen more often?

If you want to wait, the next Sunday for me will probably be when I get home from the States on about the 19th of July or something like that. The next 2 Sundays are busy with family crap.

Otherwise, if you want to get well ahead of the LHS of the matchplay table, we can play at KB sometime. I will have some free days leading up to June 24.

Scottt
1st June 2009, 11:35 PM
I love when a discussion spans two threads :lol:

adlo
1st June 2009, 11:39 PM
I agree, it is awesome but confusing.

Might try and work it into the Cross Rain jacket thread, that is a bit of a thread jack in the making. Three threads having the same conversation................

Yossarian
1st June 2009, 11:40 PM
Epic

adlo
1st June 2009, 11:56 PM
This is funny
http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/epic%20failure.jpg

Golfnut
2nd June 2009, 12:01 AM
What the?....the pic ain't bad but the tat looks like Jaws from the old James Bond films.

Yossarian
2nd June 2009, 12:04 AM
I have seen that one before but everytime I laugh

TourFit
2nd June 2009, 02:38 PM
Aldo and JC...

How about Mt Lawley??? It was mentioned a while back about getting a game there and NEITHER of you have asked??? (I feel hurt...)

No sooking required by either of you... Neither of you are members... and you'd have an independent arbitrator to step in when needed (and help give you the correct - or incorrect - lines from tees and approaches into greens etc)

PS: Loved the Kennedy Bay review...:smt038 Maybe you need to work a bit on your launch angle JC...

qbnchopper
2nd June 2009, 10:03 PM
Aldo and JC...

How about Mt Lawley??? It was mentioned a while back about getting a game there and NEITHER of you have asked??? (I feel hurt...)

No sooking required by either of you... Neither of you are members... and you'd have an independent arbitrator to step in when needed (and help give you the correct - or incorrect - lines from tees and approaches into greens etc)

PS: Loved the Kennedy Bay review...:smt038 Maybe you need to work a bit on your launch angle JC...

Farrrrkkkk - if that all it takes to get a game at mt lawley - I'll ask Tourfit - can I please play Mr, Please please ?? :):):)

adlo
2nd June 2009, 10:08 PM
He doesn't accept riff raff chopper. You're a bit rough around the edges.

TourFit, I have always agreed when you say we should have a hit at Mt Lawley. You just never take it past that point. If you want to talk specifics, fire away.

I think JC and I will be playing at Kennedy, I just enjoy winding up the lanky Canadian once I notice something is getting under his skin.

Mayhem
2nd June 2009, 11:46 PM
Freo public is on my "courses I would rather die than play" list.

I am with that mate, There are 1500 courses I would rather play before I went back there. And it is only 15mins from my house.

Sorry GN and Yoss (if you love it) I played it heaps when I was a student but when I got a job and started paying more than $20 for 18 holes I realised there were far better courses around. I would go midweek if it was still 9 for 9 though. More valuable than the range perhaps?

adlo
2nd June 2009, 11:50 PM
I find crap courses put me off golf and limit my enjoyment, especially on the cruddy greens.

Mind you, I hate the range too so I don't know...

Yossarian
2nd June 2009, 11:52 PM
Nah mate its cool, its awful, good for practise of shit lies though.

I get better putting practise on my back lawn though.

It does make me feel like a big hitter hitting driver wedge all day though :)

Mayhem
2nd June 2009, 11:59 PM
Nah mate its cool, its awful, good for practise of shit lies though.

I get better putting practise on my back lawn though.

It does make me feel like a big hitter hitting driver wedge all day though :)

Yes yes great distance.

I hit my firsty birdie on that course so there are some good memories.

Also hit my first highway when they had that par 5 running down leach. :smt038 bad bad slice. hit the nursery with my next shot.

adlo
3rd June 2009, 12:01 AM
First time I played there I sliced one off the par 3 onto Leach, then hit my next shot 3 feet from the cup. Easy bogey 8)

Mayhem
3rd June 2009, 12:02 AM
good recovery

Yossarian
3rd June 2009, 12:05 AM
I have actually hit a truck on that par three...

adlo
3rd June 2009, 12:08 AM
Awesome. Crazy hole.

Yossarian
3rd June 2009, 12:10 AM
It bounced back onto the course as well:D

Mayhem
3rd June 2009, 12:11 AM
Awesome. Crazy hole.

Crazy crazy.

I know a chopper who aced it. Adlo you do to. Big power hooker.

I always found that green hard to hit.

adlo
3rd June 2009, 12:13 AM
Lucky bastard!

It is the largest hazard in west australian golf. Par 3, OOB/major highway all down the RHS. GCA lovers would drool :lol:

Mayhem
3rd June 2009, 12:16 AM
Lucky bastard!

It is the largest hazard in west australian golf. Par 3, OOB/major highway all down the RHS. GCA lovers would drool :lol:

Hazard? the golf hole or the power hooker?

I hate that hole.

Yossarian
3rd June 2009, 12:17 AM

Golfnut
3rd June 2009, 01:58 AM
The only thing I really like about Freo is the range and the putting/chipping greens....the rest is rubbish (except for the 7th)....but it does hold a special spot in my short golfing history as the first place I cracked a sub 50 and first place I scored a birdy (on the 9th).

Apart from Pt Walter, which I find myself playing at more, there's not many tracks down that way where I can just rock up in my truck/work clothes, throw on a shirt, have a smash and not feel too self concious.

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 07:20 PM
Just so we don't threadjack :)

It wasn't to bad today, the wind was nuts at times though.

Also wembley is the best public course in Perth IMO.

adlo
19th June 2009, 07:22 PM
I agree, it has gone from strength to strength of late.

That was some serious gusty wind action, did you hit any shots that got killed by a gust?

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 07:26 PM
My first drive, hung it out right on the 1st of Old to let the wind bring it back in. The wind picked up and pushed it into the left rough.
Then my mate stepped up and hit the same shot but the wind died, quite funny :)

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 09:06 PM
Oh and I just remembered the well struck six iron that got destroyed by the wind...
Links golf must be fun golf.

adlo
19th June 2009, 09:09 PM
I can't imagine how bad it must be in Ireland and Scotland with the rough weather.

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 09:11 PM
Tell me about it. Every tee box was a bit of a worry, not really used to thinking 'hit the driver low'.
So i just smacked it as hard as I could :)

adlo
19th June 2009, 09:12 PM
Swing easier when the wind is up. That is the best advice I ever got.

And the result....... get hassled by the cwazy canadian for the rest of my life.

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 09:18 PM
I actually hit most fairways, my longer irons were shithouse though, until I stood about 3cm closer to the ball and I then stripped a few...And some of the wedge shots were horrendous. Stupid game.
Anyway back on topic Wembley is a gem of a public course.

adlo
19th June 2009, 09:43 PM
And cheap too. But don't tell Bruce Dickinson ;)

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 09:54 PM
For what it is they could charge more. But agreed we won't tell him.

Bruce Dickinson
19th June 2009, 10:04 PM
And cheap too. But don't tell Bruce Dickinson ;)

I'm listening :lol:

adlo
19th June 2009, 10:06 PM
I'm listening :lol:

http://iacmusic.com/Uploads/11981_2_9_2008_10_43_00_PM_-_oh_shit-759720.jpg

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 10:06 PM
Damn.

adlo
19th June 2009, 10:15 PM
Tame reaction Yossarian

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 10:17 PM
I've changed I have become one of them. That and sticking my hands from under my snuggie means my hands get frozen.

2xZp-GLMMJ0

adlo
19th June 2009, 10:19 PM
They look like they belong in a cult

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 10:21 PM
With the two for one offer some friends and I are thinking of purchasing some and then cutting the arse out of them and go walking through the city in nothing but. While walking a type of slow march and stopping every 20m or so for chanting and hand clapping.

adlo
19th June 2009, 10:26 PM
Do it, take a video, and post it in the YouTube thread.

adlo
19th June 2009, 10:33 PM
Seriously though Bruce, Wembley is going great. Greens seem to have responded well to coring and are running better than I can remember.

#1 Old- tree removal was a great idea.
#4 Old- tree pruning is good, but I still stuff that hole. No idea why.

Would love to see some bunkering on #2, LHS FW #3 (for the normal hitter) and maybe #16.

Bruce Dickinson
19th June 2009, 10:39 PM
Seriously though Bruce, Wembley is going great. Greens seem to have responded well to coring and are running better than I can remember.

#1 Old- tree removal was a great idea.
#4 Old- tree pruning is good, but I still stuff that hole. No idea why.

Would love to see some bunkering on #2, LHS FW #3 (for the normal hitter) and maybe #16.
Thanks for the feedback, its been a very busy year and feedback is appreciated
The tree on 4 is probably going in September, its absolutely knackered.

Will look at the bunkering on 2, 16 is something we contemplated and could do in the future. Plans for winter are to make the 5th green old a bit bigger, and restore the 13th green back to its original size

adlo
19th June 2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback, its been a very busy year and feedback is appreciated
The tree on 4 is probably going in September, its absolutely knackered.

Will look at the bunkering on 2, 16 is something we contemplated and could do in the future. Plans for winter are to make the 5th green old a bit bigger, and restore the 13th green back to its original size

#5 old, great idea. Receptive for a short iron from the days of a par 5. Even if the green remained the same size, I would remove the hollowed out area in front of the green and make it more receptive for a long iron approach.

#13 I have no idea what the original size is, so I will reserve judgement.

Bruce Dickinson
19th June 2009, 10:49 PM
#5 old, great idea. Receptive for a short iron from the days of a par 5. Even if the green remained the same size, I would remove the hollowed out area in front of the green and make it more receptive for a long iron approach.

#13 I have no idea what the original size is, so I will reserve judgement.

13 is probably about 80% of what it used to be, especially the back area of the green.The kikuyu has crept in over the years

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 10:51 PM
13 is the par 3?

Bruce Dickinson
19th June 2009, 10:54 PM
13 is the par 3?
yep, 175 metre up hill

Yossarian
19th June 2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah that green could do with being a bit bigger :)
And if you could just make it a local rule that i can only shoot sub par scores that would be super.

adlo
20th June 2009, 05:27 PM
Canuck, to avoid a threadjack, Kennedy sounds crazy.

I teed it up with Mayhem at Wembley and it was bad enough there. At least a 3 club breeze blowing the entire back 9. It was rough.

Johnny Canuck
20th June 2009, 05:45 PM
I was intentionally trying to jack that one as I have been laying low with the picture threads.

It was a killer cross breeze for the most part. Some crazy shots out there. I hit a good tee shot on 2 and was left with a 4 iron to a front pin.

9 played 3 wood, hybrid, lob wedge.

It was constantly changing, so we didn't get much help. The entire back 9 was into the wind, with the exception of the approach on 13 and 14 as the wind changed directions.

18 I hit as good of a drive and 5 iron as I could to barely get there.

Played was actually suspended for a bit, but both Ant and I had to finish by a certain time so we played on. Ended up finishing about 4 holes ahead of the second group.

27 points, very happy with that with the conditions. I hate factoring wind into putts as it never works out!

You're gone next week, are you not?

adlo
20th June 2009, 05:48 PM
That is crazy. Sounds like I really missed out :roll:

Flying out Wednesday, back to being a Bunbury GC member as of July 1st.

You have been a good boy with the picture threads. I am trying to tow the line. Although there may have been an incident last night.........

Johnny Canuck
20th June 2009, 05:50 PM
Is Rebjon rejoining? Would he want to play next week? I was in with Tiger at 840 with an open spot. It may have been filled, but we can move.

adlo
20th June 2009, 05:52 PM
Rebjon is gawwwwnnnnnnn.

He might be going back to the country for work (more than likely).

Plus, he prefers easy golf courses.

Yossarian
20th June 2009, 07:27 PM
What did you shoot ad?

Bruce Dickinson
20th June 2009, 09:02 PM
Canuck, to avoid a threadjack, Kennedy sounds crazy.

I teed it up with Mayhem at Wembley and it was bad enough there. At least a 3 club breeze blowing the entire back 9. It was rough.
was that you half shanking a 40 yard pitch at the 9th:lol:

adlo
20th June 2009, 11:25 PM
What did you shoot ad?
Um.... about a nett 78. 48/44 or something similar. Stopped counting on the front.

was that you half shanking a 40 yard pitch at the 9th:lol:
:-$

Yep. Was in a really bad mood. Front 9..... everything was bouncing behind trees and the like, just one of those days.

Shanked the pitch, went to #10 in a bad mood and tried to drive a line straight to the green. Didn't work too well for me :)

Oh well, pitched out of the trees onto the green and made par. Was the start of a decent 9 holes of golf.

rebjon
21st June 2009, 08:02 AM
Is Rebjon rejoining? Would he want to play next week? I was in with Tiger at 840 with an open spot. It may have been filled, but we can move.

I'm still a member next week so put me in...

It will be my last round....

Johnny Canuck
21st June 2009, 10:50 AM
I'll call this morning and see if the spot is still open.

Aldo, course rated 78 yesterday off the blues. 31 was the winning score. My 27 got me 4th.

If it was off the blacks, we would have had another 80 rating.

adlo
21st June 2009, 01:41 PM
:shock::shock:

rebjon
21st June 2009, 04:16 PM

Aldo, course rated 78 yesterday off the blues. 31 was the winning score. My 27 got me 4th.

God damn that course can chop players up......

rebjon
21st June 2009, 04:17 PM

Thanks....

Might look at a country membership hopefully when i go....

adlo
21st June 2009, 04:23 PM
Do KB have one?

rebjon
21st June 2009, 04:43 PM
Do KB have one?

Not sure might have to do some negotiation...

Otherwise will look for a country membership at another club to keep the Golf Link ticking over.....

adlo
21st June 2009, 04:54 PM
Bunbury?

Capel or Harvey would probably be cheaper

rebjon
21st June 2009, 07:05 PM
Bunbury?

Capel or Harvey would probably be cheaper

Yes was thinking that... just for the time being...

Or maybe another trial membership somewhere to last for the next few months i will be here....

Just waiting atm for this spot to come up...

adlo
21st June 2009, 07:08 PM
Fair enough Rebjon.

Bunbury would cost about $200 including Golflink affiliation and Insurance. They start the financial year in September though, and do not offer pro-rata, so no point joining before the new fiscal year.

Johnny Canuck
21st June 2009, 08:01 PM
rebjon, you're in for "the tiger experience" at 840.

Yossarian
21st June 2009, 08:08 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2upfer9.gif

rebjon
21st June 2009, 08:23 PM
rebjon, you're in for "the tiger experience" at 840.

Yes

:)

adlo
22nd June 2009, 12:32 AM
let's hope he puts on a show for the copper

Johnny Canuck
22nd June 2009, 12:51 AM
i hope he gets arrested.

rebjon
22nd June 2009, 03:47 PM
I have spent the last 2 weeks working the Rocko licensed venues nothing shocks me now....

I hope this explains..... CHAV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav)

Johnny Canuck
22nd June 2009, 04:02 PM
nice. can't wait to hear some stories.

rebjon
22nd June 2009, 06:06 PM
Its going to rain....

rebjon
24th June 2009, 07:57 PM
JC have you got facebook

A little sook from our friends at liquids nightclub Rockingham (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112002441423)

Yossarian
24th June 2009, 07:59 PM
They failed to spell salary correctly. I will troll them for you rebjon.

rebjon
24th June 2009, 08:38 PM
They failed to spell salary correctly. I will troll them for you rebjon.

Yeh is good for a laugh....

Cheers for that.....

Johnny Canuck
25th June 2009, 01:32 AM
JC have you got facebook

A little sook from our friends at liquids nightclub Rockingham (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112002441423)

That is awesome, Mang.

WTF was "Mista" saying in his wall post? I don't speak Rocko teen.

Flavzz
25th June 2009, 04:17 PM
Hey Western Aussies, after my experience at The Cut a few months ago, im coming back in september, yes i know its some time away yet but im keen to get in a few rounds when I come over.

On the list this time are KB and Joondy(hopefully all 27 holes :) )... for sure. Ive got 6 days this time and bringing my clubs on plane so no excuses for playing badly.

If anyones keen for a hit then let me know :smt023

Johnny Canuck
25th June 2009, 04:25 PM
We can arrange something for a Saturday at Kennedy if you like. Shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully that is not the day that you are not here!

idgolfguy
25th June 2009, 04:35 PM
Let me know if you want to play the Vines and could probably help with Hartfield.

Bruce Dickinson
25th June 2009, 05:24 PM
A lot of places core greens in September but joondalup may not be one as they seem to go a bit later

idgolfguy
25th June 2009, 06:10 PM
Vines has 36 so one or the other should be fine.

Flavzz
25th June 2009, 06:13 PM
cheers Johnny I am there from wed 23rd to tuesday 29th so Sat would be great. I'll keep in touch, hopefully they core them later! Octoberish..

Keen to play the Vines also IDgolfguy! thanks for the offers guys.

Any1 for Kennedy Bay?

Yossarian
25th June 2009, 11:36 PM
Bit far away for me to confirm but I am keen. Really wanna play KB.

Flavzz
26th June 2009, 03:50 AM
yeah no worries, just getting some interest boys :)

WBennett
26th June 2009, 04:30 PM
Sandgropers and Canuck

What's the weekday green fee rate for The Cut and Kennedy Bay? Do you need to book in advance on Thursday and Fridays?

Yossarian
26th June 2009, 04:33 PM
Rates for KB should be 45...

http://www.kennedybay.com.au/rates.php

and i think the cut have a 79 special at the moment.
If the coffin cheaters haven't taken over...

WBennett
26th June 2009, 04:44 PM
$45 for KB - no wonder the Cut went belly up...

Johnny Canuck
26th June 2009, 04:45 PM
The Cut is rumoured to be closing every week. I have heard that the members have lost $110,000 total in bar levy.

KB is $45, $25 if you are playing golfing with me.

WBennett
26th June 2009, 04:51 PM
are bookings required?

Johnny Canuck
26th June 2009, 05:02 PM
only on weekends. it is usually wide open after 11 or 12 on weekends as well.

Yossarian
26th June 2009, 05:05 PM
Do you play during the week at all JC?

idgolfguy
26th June 2009, 05:07 PM
The Vines is all week is $35 for 18 with a member. $55 with a golf cart.

Johnny Canuck
26th June 2009, 05:35 PM
Do you play during the week at all JC?

Negative, not without daylight savings.

I sometimes play a very early 9 before work or a very late one after.

Bruce Dickinson
26th June 2009, 05:35 PM
Joondalup has the twilight rate at $29 after 3pm at the moment which is pretty good value

Yossarian
26th June 2009, 05:57 PM
Negative, not without daylight savings.

I sometimes play a very early 9 before work or a very late one after.

Its hard being a uni student and trying to find ppl to play golf with :mrgreen:

Johnny Canuck
26th June 2009, 06:14 PM
i was there a few years ago myself...

Golfnut
26th June 2009, 06:20 PM
Anyone played the Tuart Course at Wembley lately? Been told its quite tight...tight compared to what?

Yossarian
26th June 2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah I played it the other week, wasn't that tight, Kwinana would be tighter. Like a tiger.
Was in good nick though.

Golfnut
26th June 2009, 09:48 PM
Ok, thanks Yoss....ended up booking to play at Whaleback tomorrow instead.
Funny what people's interpretation of tight is though....I don't consider Kwinana tight at all...
Next round will have to be at Wembley though, had a look around the other day and it looks excellent......anyone know what the massive pile of sand's for just before the main carpark? Are they doing reno's to any of the course.

Bruce Dickinson
26th June 2009, 09:53 PM
Ok, thanks Yoss....ended up booking to play at Whaleback tomorrow instead.
Funny what people's interpretation of tight is though....I don't consider Kwinana tight at all...
Next round will have to be at Wembley though, had a look around the other day and it looks excellent......anyone know what the massive pile of sand's for just before the main carpark? Are they doing reno's to any of the course.
Its for work on the entry road and car parking as part of the upgrade going on

Yossarian
26th June 2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah they are doing a massive renno, Bruce Dickinson will be able to be more accurate but atm its the driving range, then pro shop ect and a few holes i think.
It shits all over whaleback in terms of conditioning and layout IMO.
Agreed kwinana was not that tight. I would call the cut tight i guess but I have never played there :)

*EDIT*

beat me to it bruce

Yossarian
26th June 2009, 10:00 PM
Actually thinking back on it the first time I played the tuart front nine I got chewed up a bit, and there are some fairly tight landing areas at times.

Golfnut
26th June 2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks lads....geez its quiet round here without Aldo lurking!!!.....kindda like it that way :)

Bruce Dickinson
26th June 2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah they are doing a massive renno, Bruce Dickinson will be able to be more accurate but atm its the driving range, then pro shop ect and a few holes i think.
It shits all over whaleback in terms of conditioning and layout IMO.
Agreed kwinana was not that tight. I would call the cut tight i guess but I have never played there :)

*EDIT*

beat me to it bruce

Close Yoss, the plan is

Driving Range with Teaching centre and Function room
New buggy shed increasing capacity to 80 carts
New tenancies inclduing sports medicine facility
New Pro Shop and Piazza/Alfresco area
New entry road and 80 more car park spots
New short game area

No holes changed now, may look at 10 Tuart in 18 months

Golfnut
26th June 2009, 10:07 PM
All that and their prices are more than reasonable....surely the green fees will go up after all these renos take place?!?!

adlo
27th June 2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks lads....geez its quiet round here without Aldo lurking!!!.....kindda like it that way :)
I had no idea the bitterness from your matchplay defeat ran so deep, wanker.

rebjon
27th June 2009, 10:10 PM
I must of caught TIGER on an off day he was very timid...

Johnny Canuck
27th June 2009, 10:16 PM
I must of caught TIGER on an off day he was very timid...
He was very hungover, I was very disappointed with his behaviour.

I was very close to ripping into him on 11 when he decided to put on the drama about how much his elbow was hurting. I waited about 10 minutes between my 2nd shot and my 1st putt.

After you left he declared that you were "really cool for a cop".

We'll do it again when you rejoin and he's in fine form. 5 club throws in 1.5 minutes + a lost putter due to a throw will never be beat.

Yossarian
27th June 2009, 10:36 PM
Adlo you just couldn't stay away :)

adlo
27th June 2009, 10:47 PM
I wanted to check the tipping comp so people didn't think I had done a runner. Turns out JC won, so I should have.

Golfnut
27th June 2009, 11:05 PM
I had no idea the bitterness from your matchplay defeat ran so deep, wanker.

LOL.....BTW....I want a rematch!!! Wish our matchplay round was today.....had an absolute cracker at Whaleback in the trying conditions :)

rebjon
27th June 2009, 11:37 PM
He was very hungover, I was very disappointed with his behaviour.

I was very close to ripping into him on 11 when he decided to put on the drama about how much his elbow was hurting. I waited about 10 minutes between my 2nd shot and my 1st putt.

After you left he declared that you were "really cool for a cop".

We'll do it again when you rejoin and he's in fine form. 5 club throws in 1.5 minutes + a lost putter due to a throw will never be beat.

I'm glad I think he is actually a nice guy we had a few laughs at YOU....

Aboot the hat....

I'll be thinking aboot you every time i wear it mang....

Johnny Canuck
27th June 2009, 11:52 PM
You look ghey in red.

Enjoy it poofter.

rebjon
28th June 2009, 03:32 PM
You look ghey in red.

Enjoy it poofter.

I'm wearing it now :)

adlo
29th June 2009, 04:15 AM
Pics?

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2009, 09:41 AM
Pics?

Don't you get involved.

adlo
29th June 2009, 09:46 AM

Have you convinced rebjon to stay at KB?

Pieface
29th June 2009, 10:35 AM
Played the old course at Wembley on Saturday. Had the usual mixture of good and bad efforts. The wind was howling but as usual it was bad shots that cost me the most.

Pin placement on the 9th with the wind the way it was was daft! Any putts past the hole downhill and the wind took you 6' plus off the green seemingly regardless of your weight. There was only about 3' of green on the downhill side of the hole so it needed a much better golfer than me to score on this hole.

Managed to miss the rain though so that was a major plus!

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2009, 12:08 PM

Have you convinced rebjon to stay at KB?

I think he is going to stay. He got to face Kennedy in 4 to 5 club wind conditions the other day and broke 100 so he has the game.

He also needs to experience Tiger at his finest. The massive hangover he had really took a lot out of his performance and I did my best to instigate (RJ will attest to that!).

He was in fine form on 11 when he took a moose. Amazing how his elbow didn't hurt all day until his 3rd hooked drive on the hole.

Vintage Tiger. Hits three tee shots on 11 left. Pushes a shot right on 12 and then states that his sore elbow is making him hit EVERYTHING right.

Amazingly enough, he parred two holes in a row and it felt great.

Elbow was sore because:
He took a chick home on Sat. Couldn't perform. Mr. Floppy.:oops: Chick left pissed off about not getting laid.

Chick wouldn't return his calls and sent him a message saying she was out of town for a week.

Wednesday night, at the dirt bar, the chick showed up with another guy that Tiger knew from the night he picked her up.

Tig asked them to leave, they said no.

When they left, the guy shouted across the bar that he was leaving with Tig's girl and Tig snapped. While wearing a suit and tie, he sprinted across the bar, started beating on the guy, threw him down and elbowed the pool table on the way to the floor. His elbow has a massive bruise on it, about the size of a volleyball.

While being restrained, some random chick ran up and scratched his face, so he took Thursday off work (from his new job).

1 month suspension from the dirt bar. 1 crushed ego. 1 order for little blue pills to follow.

He doesn't like his new nicknames of "Soft Serve" or "Mr. Whippy".

simmsy
29th June 2009, 12:16 PM
I think he is going to stay. He got to face Kennedy in 4 to 5 club wind conditions the other day and broke 100 so he has the game.

He also needs to experience Tiger at his finest. The massive hangover he had really took a lot out of his performance and I did my best to instigate (RJ will attest to that!).

He was in fine form on 11 when he took a moose. Amazing how his elbow didn't hurt all day until his 3rd hooked drive on the hole.

Vintage Tiger. Hits three tee shots on 11 left. Pushes a shot right on 12 and then states that his sore elbow is making him hit EVERYTHING right.

Elbow was sore because:
He took a chick home on Sat. Couldn't perform. Mr. Floppy.:oops: Chick left pissed off about not getting laid.

Chick wouldn't return his calls and sent him a message saying she was out of town for a week.

Wednesday night, at the dirt bar, the chick showed up with another guy that Tiger knew from the night he picked her up.

When they left, the guy shouted across the bar that he was leaving with Tig's girl and Tig snapped. While wearing a suit and tie, he sprinted across the bar, started beating on the guy, threw him down and elbowed the pool table on the way to the floor. His elbow has a massive bruise on it, about the size of a volleyball.

While being restrained, some random chick ran up and scratched his face, so he took Thursday off work (from his new job).

1 month suspension from the dirt bar. 1 crushed ego. 1 order for little blue pills to follow.

Classic!!!!!!:smt038:smt038

I love this guy and i've never met him!
I think i have a man crush on Tiger.

simmsy
29th June 2009, 12:16 PM
I may have overstated on the man crush:oops:

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2009, 12:26 PM
He is the definiton of loose cannon.

It was fun to hear him swapping stories about being arrested with Rebjon the cop on Saturday.

simmsy
29th June 2009, 12:51 PM
It would of been better had rebjon been the arresting officer,
rock up to the first tee....
oh crap! you again!

Yossarian
29th June 2009, 03:22 PM

Elbow was sore because:

Best post ever. :lol::lol:

adlo
30th June 2009, 07:20 AM
Best post ever. :lol::lol:

Agreed. Vintage Tiger.

rebjon
1st July 2009, 12:53 PM
So i'm at work yesterday and who taps me on the shoulder.

T

Had good chat was well behaved in front of his work collages

Johnny Canuck
1st July 2009, 01:00 PM
What? Where the hell were you?

Johnny Canuck
1st July 2009, 01:04 PM
So i'm at work yesterday and who taps me on the shoulder.

T

Had good chat was well behaved in front of his work collages

I'd be even more pleased that he was well behaved in front of your work colleagues!

I'll bet he was wearing the suit he wore in the bar fight. I think it is the only one he owns at the moment.

simmsy
1st July 2009, 08:07 PM
im thinking of having a hit at binningup, whats the go down there these days?
is it still the honour box?
how much for 9 holes?

Yossarian
1st July 2009, 08:11 PM
Adlo said it is still honour box, and 15 for 9 i think.