PDA

View Full Version : WA Golf Courses

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Golfnut
12th August 2011, 12:21 AM
Owe !

Yossarian
12th August 2011, 12:33 AM
Who do you owe?

Pieface
12th August 2011, 10:50 AM
Owe !

Who do you owe?

Maybe he meant Ow as in ouch?
Pretty hard to owe anything when you negotiate the asking price to $0 before you make any deals.

BayBum
12th August 2011, 11:28 AM
double it then double it again.Dave's double down deal.

Bruce Dickinson
22nd August 2011, 04:51 PM
just a heads up that Old Course is being cored today and tomorrow, Tuart Course gets done in two weeks.

Veefore
22nd August 2011, 08:39 PM
just a heads up that Old Course is being cored today and tomorrow, Tuart Course gets done in two weeks.

What are you doing?

Aren't you supposed to keep that secret until AFTER the green fees are paid? :)

Bruce Dickinson
22nd August 2011, 08:48 PM
We like to live on the edge...

dean0820
22nd August 2011, 10:35 PM
about to work my way through this thread yet again, this time looking for info on yokine as i'm out there next week.
anyone played there and got thoughts to share?
cheers.

Johnny Canuck
22nd August 2011, 10:56 PM
The first hole is the worst opening hole in Perth. Other than that, pretty nice track.

Bergsey is a member.

Golfnut
22nd August 2011, 11:06 PM
Nothing wrong with the 1st.....what's your beef with it JC?

Had a discussion with ID on Friday re. the same hole....his argument was that it was too long. I like it for the reasons that most people hate it.

adlo
22nd August 2011, 11:06 PM
Enjoy the views on 12.

Beautiful, beautiful greens. A few stupid holes. A pretty straight forward track as I see it. There isn't enough land to create anything that confuses the golfer. Hit your drive on 14? further left than you think. 13? (uphill 4 dogleg left) used to be an issue for the tee shot but from memory the clearance down the LHS has opened it up a lot.

Johnny Canuck
22nd August 2011, 11:25 PM
Nothing wrong with the 1st.....what's your beef with it JC?

Had a discussion with ID on Friday re. the same hole....his argument was that it was too long. I like it for the reasons that most people hate it.

It's probably a touch long. It would be better suited later in a 9, not as an opening hole.

The design and undulations of the green are pretty ugly as well. If you are going to have a long 3, you shouldn't give it a green as ugly as the one it has.

I think the 3rd is that other hole I don't really like. Dogleg left, with a bunker straight?

adlo
22nd August 2011, 11:34 PM
The front 9 is a pretty standard set of holes. I think it is the 3rd you are referring to JC. Apparently you can cut the corner.... something I am yet to see someone do successfully. And when the hole can be played hybrid, short iron, I fail to see the point.

Golfnut
22nd August 2011, 11:39 PM
I think the 3rd is getting some renos done to it soon......lengthening from memory (Bergsey can confirm) but agree this is not a strong hole, I almost prefer to play my 2nd from the middle bunker. I see no "risk-reward shot" on this hole as it is.

The 1st is not such a hard hole if you get a 'shot' on it as you can simply bunt down pretty much anything you like then chip up and a couple of putts or 1 if you're lucky - the key is the 1st shot imo......it can make or break a 9 if your 1st swing for the day is a dodgy one though so I can see why people don't like it as an opener.

Golfnut
22nd August 2011, 11:42 PM
I haven't forgotten the fiddy Adlo.....will get it to you soon somehow mate, probably leave it a 'Fits next time I'm up there, he completely cleaned my out last time I was up there getting stuff done.

Johnny Canuck
22nd August 2011, 11:46 PM
It's not overly difficult. I just think it's a poor opener.

adlo
23rd August 2011, 12:03 AM
I haven't forgotten the fiddy Adlo.....will get it to you soon somehow mate, probably leave it a 'Fits next time I'm up there, he completely cleaned my out last time I was up there getting stuff done.

No worries 'Nut. If deano is digging through this thread, hopefully he remembers he has owed me money longer than you have.

MegaWatty
23rd August 2011, 12:06 AM
I owe you a visit. Long overdue!

adlo
23rd August 2011, 12:22 AM
Not tomo MW. Any other day though.

MegaWatty
23rd August 2011, 12:26 AM
Got to see fit tomorrow. you were never a chance! :)

Yossarian
23rd August 2011, 12:26 AM
I love Yokine. I don't know why.

A bogey is an ok score on 1.

2 you have way more room left that it looks, right is pointy death.

3, the bunker isn't a bad spot at all.

6, you may need two clubs more than you think into the green and even if you go long it will often hit the hill and funnel back in. Very nice!

8 is an odd green IMO, if you aren't in a rush have a look at it before you play your shot into it.

9 I think you need a little more club.
10 tougher than it looks, bunt something 200 but a small green.
11, have fun if you have to putt above the hole! Don't go right.
12, just belt driver.
13 is ok to be left now.
14 drive left of centre.
15 you can carry those bunkers.
16 is actually pretty easy to hit.
17 is ****ing long!
18 I usually shank it up this hole to prevent a decent stableford score.

Golfnut
23rd August 2011, 12:30 AM
18 I usually shank it up this hole to prevent a decent stableford score.

I concur :lol:

adlo
23rd August 2011, 12:31 AM
MW, :mrgreen: I understand.

Yoss, a bunker on the outside of a 90 degree dogleg is never going to be a good bunker.

Yossarian
23rd August 2011, 12:32 AM
I agree, it just isn't a bad spot to put your tee shot is all! They are going to lengthen the hole app and widen the landing area a little I think.

I will still be a stupid bunker though.

adlo
23rd August 2011, 12:57 AM
If they lengthen it, get rid of the bunker I say.

Bunker should come into play for those trying to cut the corner if the hole is lengthened, introducing an effective risk/reward tee shot.

Cosmopolite
23rd August 2011, 08:55 AM
Too many hills at WAGC. gotta be a mountain goat to play it.

Bruce Dickinson
23rd August 2011, 09:27 AM
The fwy bunker on 3 is there to push people away from the sporting fields to the right of that fairway.

TourFit
23rd August 2011, 10:49 AM
I owe you a visit. Long overdue!

Got to see fit tomorrow. you were never a chance! :)

MW, :mrgreen: I understand.

So do I...

:smt023

MegaWatty
23rd August 2011, 11:06 AM
See you at about 10 fit.

TourFit
23rd August 2011, 11:41 AM

What he said...

dean0820
23rd August 2011, 11:45 AM
adlo; you've got me worried now mate. a few weeks ago i put the head and money i owed you in your letterbox.
could you check inside the headcover for me for that money? thanks.

dean0820
25th August 2011, 09:26 AM
$ situation all sorted.

thanks for advice on yokine lads, much appreciated.
looking forward to #1 without a warm up.

Yossarian
25th August 2011, 11:25 AM
It isn't that tough. Just water left and OOB right.

Bruce Dickinson
25th August 2011, 11:38 AM
It isn't that tough. Just water left and OOB right.
and 200 metres long, after warming up on a range that allows six irons only :lol:

TourFit
25th August 2011, 11:51 AM
They need to design a NEW hole where the range is...a shorter Par 3.

They then convert the 1st to the new driving range with a high fence at the end, and move it back right to the path for the hitting area. Use floater range balls too and they'll get more out of it.

Ur Welcome!

idgolfguy
25th August 2011, 12:23 PM
Not that hard a hole. Go for the green or layout. It is still par worthy.

dean0820
25th August 2011, 12:57 PM
i love long par 3s so i'm looking forward to it, but a warm up would be nice.

Golfnut
25th August 2011, 01:24 PM
$ situation all sorted.

thanks for advice on yokine lads, much appreciated.
looking forward to #1 without a warm up.

Best way to Play it imo ;)

Bruce Dickinson
25th August 2011, 04:29 PM
They need to design a NEW hole where the range is...a shorter Par 3.

They then convert the 1st to the new driving range with a high fence at the end, and move it back right to the path for the hitting area. Use floater range balls too and they'll get more out of it.

Ur Welcome!
what about nets to the left and the right?

Johnny Canuck
25th August 2011, 04:37 PM
Hey Bruce, any word on Araluen having a new watering system / source as they informed one of my clients who wanted to book his golf day?

Yossarian
25th August 2011, 04:41 PM
Hey Bruce, any word on Araluen having a new watering system / source as they informed one of my clients who wanted to book his golf day?

Do they mean the clouds that came over this year?

rubin
25th August 2011, 04:50 PM

a mate of mine played there earlier this week and said the greens had just been cored and sanded. I would imagine they wouldn't do that without a decent water supply.

Bruce Dickinson
25th August 2011, 04:53 PM
I believe that they have found a new water source, they were looking at how that could be brought into the existing water storage and irrigation system

Yossarian
25th August 2011, 04:53 PM
They always seem to keep the greens alive, for obvious reasons. It is the rest of the course that appears to be the trouble.

Bruce Dickinson
25th August 2011, 04:57 PM
They always seem to keep the greens alive, for obvious reasons. It is the rest of the course that appears to be the trouble.
this may change with an additional water source

Yossarian
25th August 2011, 04:58 PM
this may change with an additional water source

Sorry I was replying to rubins post. Hopefully it does!

bergsey
26th August 2011, 12:43 AM
This is the extract from the course masterplan for changes to hole 3 at Yokine. It is to be lengthened from 340m to 390m by pushing the green back. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

In the current setup they want you to play to the fat part of the fairway, short of the bunkers which leaves a mid iron into the green. Big hitters can cut the corner but if you collect trees or finish close to the trees the second shot is blocked out. Get over them and you have a SW approach. At the moment i think it is too much risk for little reward. In the WA open most were hitting mid iron short of the bunkers, short iron in.

The tree factor makes it pretty difficult for the members, in fact when the course was recently re-indexed this went up in difficulty to index 6

dean0820
26th August 2011, 02:43 AM
This is the extract from the course masterplan for changes to hole 3 at Yokine. It is to be lengthened from 340m to 390m by pushing the green back. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

In the current setup they want you to play to the fat part of the fairway, short of the bunkers which leaves a mid iron into the green. Big hitters can cut the corner but if you collect trees or finish close to the trees the second shot is blocked out. Get over them and you have a SW approach. At the moment i think it is too much risk for little reward. In the WA open most were hitting mid iron short of the bunkers, short iron in.

The tree factor makes it pretty difficult for the members, in fact when the course was recently re-indexed this went up in difficulty to index 6

thanks for the inside info mate, very interesting.
can't wait to see #3 with my own eyes and measure the risk/reward for myself.
unseen, i'm calling it a great hole.
too many hackers write big cheques that their swings can't cash.
the reason they don't hit iron from the tee is because they have no more idea where an iron is going than they do a driver.
#3 calls them out, big time.
if you can play, this hole is birdie.
i would love to hear hackers' tales of woe from this hole.

Johnny Canuck
26th August 2011, 08:46 AM
thanks for the inside info mate, very interesting.
can't wait to see #3 with my own eyes and measure the risk/reward for myself.
unseen, i'm calling it a great hole.
too many hackers write big cheques that their swings can't cash.
the reason they don't hit iron from the tee is because they have no more idea where an iron is going than they do a driver.
#3 calls them out, big time.
if you can play, this hole is birdie.
i would love to hear hackers' tales of woe from this hole.

I'm not a hacker and I've maintained that hole is terrible since the first time I played it 6 years ago. Rates up there with Hartfield 16, the cut 17 and kwinana 5.

idgolfguy
26th August 2011, 09:14 AM
There are no real options other than 'bomb and gouge' or lay up with a mid iron to the Bunker. Playing out of the bunkers aren't an issue. If you do hit into the left, you're more than likely to wipe the hole.

Johnny Canuck
26th August 2011, 10:53 AM
There are no real options other than 'bomb and gouge' or lay up with a mid iron to the Bunker. Playing out of the bunkers aren't an issue. If you do hit into the left, you're more than likely to wipe the hole.

I don't even think that bombing is really.an option on that hole.

TourFit
26th August 2011, 10:58 AM
Well...'Nut could bomb it.

You couldn't, 'cos the OOB fence is well in range.

rubin
26th August 2011, 11:03 AM
Never played Yokine - but judging from the pic, it would have to be an absolutely massive drive to cut the corner.

Johnny Canuck
26th August 2011, 11:07 AM
Massive with a decent draw. The last time I played it I was walking up to the tee thinking that I was a much better golfer than the previous time I played it and that I would.take it on. Once I got to the tee, no chance.

Yossarian
26th August 2011, 11:47 AM
A little cut just over the left rough is the play with driver IMO. It is a bad hole, but not as bad as some that JC have mentioned I think.

Bruce Dickinson
26th August 2011, 11:50 AM
could be a tough environment for a green to survive in if they move that green back, looks like it will get a lot of shade

Yossarian
26th August 2011, 11:52 AM
You would imagine they would nuke a lot of trees.

Bruce Dickinson
26th August 2011, 12:02 PM
You would imagine they would nuke a lot of trees.

that's easier said than done

Yossarian
26th August 2011, 12:04 PM
Isn't it their land?

Bruce Dickinson
26th August 2011, 12:06 PM
Isn't it their land?
I think its A class reserve

bergsey
26th August 2011, 12:26 PM
I don't even think that bombing is really.an option on that hole.

Some of the low single figures guys I play with hit driver every time there over the corner. Interesting that the pros did not. They were laying up on a lot of the short holes even 12 and attacking the par 5's

idgolfguy
26th August 2011, 12:55 PM
They know their game and short irons are pinpoint.

Yossarian
30th August 2011, 10:24 AM
KB have a new website. It seems a bit clunky.

simmsy
30th August 2011, 02:17 PM
A bit like their greens then.

Johnny Canuck
30th August 2011, 02:19 PM
Ouch.

Yossarian
30th August 2011, 02:43 PM
A bit like their greens then.

Boom!

simmsy
30th August 2011, 07:03 PM
for anyone looking for a new golfcourse - Gosnells have 'No Noms' usually $800+ atm, so pretty good saving.

Johnny Canuck
30th August 2011, 07:38 PM
I'd rather quit golf.

Yossarian
30th August 2011, 07:48 PM
I still need to play it.

rubin
30th August 2011, 07:49 PM
I still need to play it.

I wouldn't worry if I were u.

Yossarian
30th August 2011, 07:54 PM
I will worry.

simmsy
30th August 2011, 08:35 PM
I'd rather quit golf.

My bank manager wishes you would

Veefore
30th August 2011, 09:17 PM
for anyone looking for a new golfcourse - Gosnells have 'No Noms' usually $800+ atm, so pretty good saving.

They have to do something. They need to make up for all the members they have lost to other clubs over the last two years.

Yossarian
30th August 2011, 09:31 PM
Maybe they could pay me to be a course ambassador...

adlo
30th August 2011, 10:17 PM
I still need to play it.

There are a few nice holes. Worth a look Yoss.

dean0820
31st August 2011, 10:48 AM
really enjoyed both ellenbrook and yokine.
yokine's 3rd is great. i like holes that put value on distance control.
now i just need to get on at gozzies don't i?

Yossarian
31st August 2011, 11:02 AM
You like 17 at the Cut?

dean0820
31st August 2011, 11:04 AM
17 !? i'm too pissed by then to remember much mate.

Golfnut
31st August 2011, 11:09 AM
really enjoyed both ellenbrook and yokine.
yokine's 3rd is great. i like holes that put value on distance control.

Not really dean.....gozzies was a real let down for me, front 9 wasn't bad....relatively short yet interesting. Back 9 was very average and at times reminded me of Marri Park in areas.

rubin
31st August 2011, 11:10 AM

As i said to Yoss a few posts prior - I wouldnt worry to much if you never get to play there.

I've played it quite a few times, its round the corner from home and a mate used to be a member there. Nothing all that great about it and the members are a bunch of old pricks. I agree with adlo in that there are 2 good holes, but they themselves don't make the course worth playing.

Johnny Canuck
31st August 2011, 11:11 AM
One of the worst opening holes in Perth.

dean0820
31st August 2011, 11:20 AM
One of the worst opening holes in Perth.

are you still raving about #1 at yokine, or have you found another one to bitch about?
if it is yokine, then i disagree. the members call it their signature hole.
it offers a terrific view from the club (which is an important feature) and it lets players of different abilities play it different ways.
me and my mate made par and i later watched two kids par it.
each one was played entirely differently.
it reminds me a little of #1 at bunbury and a few japanese courses too.
a much more entertaining first tee to watch than guys hitting driver all over the place.

Golfnut
31st August 2011, 11:24 AM
100% agree dean.

EDIT. Except for the bit about it reminding you of Bunbury #1....can't see the comparison there.

Johnny Canuck
31st August 2011, 11:59 AM
#1 at Bunbury is a solid par 3.

#1 at Gossies is a joke.

#1 at Yokine is a crappy opener. That's great that is amuses a few people that might be standing around watching, but it is not really what makes a good golf hole.

An opening hole par 3 that can encourage a lay up for hackers and older men is a brutal start to a golf day. Nothing like slowing down the field on the first.

As I've said before, the green is very ugly as well.

I base my opinion solely on the design and not personal experience. Being a low capper and a longer hitter, holes like this actually benefit my.game.

The hole would be much better suited in the.middle of one of the 9s.

Veefore
31st August 2011, 12:06 PM
There are a few nice holes. Worth a look Yoss.

I agree with Adlo. Gosnells is definitely worth a look. Some people do actually like the course and there are a few holes that are a challenge.

TourFit
31st August 2011, 01:10 PM
And more importantly for Yoss, like Golfnut, the word FREE is involved!!!

Golfnut
31st August 2011, 04:46 PM
Stop sniffing that glue 'Fit!

FoxGolf
31st August 2011, 11:18 PM
Has anyone played Chequers? There's a good deal on ourdeal.com.au today. Even if it's not much chop two rounds of golf each for two people including carts for the first round for $49 can't be bad value can it?

hocko
31st August 2011, 11:23 PM
IDgolfguy was or still is a member there.

rubin
31st August 2011, 11:26 PM
IDgolfguy was or still is a member there.

Was - I'm pretty sure he's a vines man only now.

For that deal mate, it's not a bad track. Tight though.

Cosmopolite
31st August 2011, 11:36 PM
Has anyone played Chequers? There's a good deal on ourdeal.com.au today. Even if it's not much chop two rounds of golf each for two people including carts for the first round for $49 can't be bad value can it?

Yes, played it a couple of times recently. The fairways are in very rough condition, kinda killed my knees/hips/back to walk it but would be ok in a cart.

Not bad value I guess if you bear in mind it is pretty rough.

The members there are very nice and friendly though which makes up for the course shortcomings.

idgolfguy
1st September 2011, 01:28 AM
Tough course, Chequers. Should be a lot greener with some water. The members are friendly.

Still a member. The fairways are tight. You get relief in the rough as well as long as it is between the tree shade line and what you think is the fairway.

I like the course. It is a good test of your ball striking.

They use to have the best greens in Perth but were literally postage stamp size. Possibly the smallest sized greens for a full length course.

FoxGolf
1st September 2011, 01:51 PM
The Vines is having a special of $39 for 18 holes on either course any day during the month of September. Have to book and pay before midnight tonight. Usual price is $99 for weekends.

I was there for a corporate day a couple of months ago and didn't think it was in great condition so hopefully it's improved since then. But at $39 it'll be in better nick than a lot of the public courses I normally paly at.

Thanks too for the replys about Chequers. I bought a voucher so will be checking it out in the next few months.

Yossarian
1st September 2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks too for the replys about Chequers. I bought a voucher so will be checking it out in the next few months.

Good one!

Cosmopolite
1st September 2011, 02:24 PM
The Vines is having a special of $39 for 18 holes on either course any day during the month of September. Have to book and pay before midnight tonight. Usual price is $99 for weekends.

I was there for a corporate day a couple of months ago and didn't think it was in great condition so hopefully it's improved since then. But at $39 it'll be in better nick than a lot of the public courses I normally paly at.

that sounds like a good deal for the vines, do you have to book on their website?

Golfnut
1st September 2011, 02:41 PM
that sounds like a good deal for the vines, do you have to book on their website?

+1......can't see anything on their website.....unless I missed it?

TourFit
1st September 2011, 03:10 PM
The $39 special HAS to be booked & paid by midnight tonight...I am looking at putting in a 4 ball slot. At this stage it will be likely to be the 18th Sept (SUN am) to let the Lakes 18 recover a little from coring...they were done last week, so they'll have had nearly 4 weeks to recover.

Anyone else interested...?

FoxGolf
1st September 2011, 03:13 PM
Yep just got to book online. It's on their home page called 'Red Hot Tee Times'. I trhink if you go directly to the bookings sheet and book for September it also shows the $39 price.

simmsy
1st September 2011, 04:34 PM
played with a guy at hartfield today from the vines. he's playing at Hartfield because vines has just been cored, so make your bookings late September perhaps.

idgolfguy
1st September 2011, 04:46 PM
Yes, the greens are cored.
$35 if you play with a member any times.

dean0820
2nd September 2011, 01:02 PM
$35 if you play with a member any times.

we paid $20 last time, dunno how we managed that.

rubin
2nd September 2011, 01:06 PM
The $39 special HAS to be booked & paid by midnight tonight...I am looking at putting in a 4 ball slot. At this stage it will be likely to be the 18th Sept (SUN am) to let the Lakes 18 recover a little from coring...they were done last week, so they'll have had nearly 4 weeks to recover.

Anyone else interested...?

Don't kbnow if this went through, but i would be keen for a game there.

Cosmopolite
2nd September 2011, 01:07 PM
Don't kbnow if this went through, but i would be keen for a game there.

me too

TourFit
2nd September 2011, 03:36 PM
Too late, I only had ONE interested response yesterday, and MIDNIGHT was the cut-off to book online for the special.

So I didn't bother!!! (and with recently cored greens, it's not so bad to miss out)

BayBum
4th September 2011, 02:50 PM
Can anyone shed some light on the course guide for the-cut.Is the guide they have on their site a true guide ? Any changes those that know the course would make on any particular hole ?

Johnny Canuck
4th September 2011, 02:54 PM
Aim way further right than you think on 18.

Go long down the left tree line on 10.

If you're a decent length hitter and it isn't into the wind, bomb driver on 12.

Enjoy playing from the left bunker on 17.

idgolfguy
4th September 2011, 03:39 PM
we paid $20 last time, dunno how we managed that.
Was that with me?

dean0820
4th September 2011, 04:41 PM
Was that with me?

no, it was last week.
that was with carts too.
heading out there again next month too.

BayBum
10th September 2011, 09:48 AM
Aim way further right than you think on 18.

Go long down the left tree line on 10.

If you're a decent length hitter and it isn't into the wind, bomb driver on 12.

Enjoy playing from the left bunker on 17.

Cheers JC.Heading down there today to lose some golf balls.Do they give you a course guide down there ?.Im not expecting anything as far as my game goes but atleast i'll get some good pics for the mates back home to drool over :)

Johnny Canuck
10th September 2011, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure if they still have a course guide. If they do, it would be worth the purchase.

It is a good experience. There are a few real bad holes, but a couple awesome ones as well. 12 blows me away every time.

Enjoy!

MegaWatty
10th September 2011, 10:14 AM
They have course guides. They also have one online.

BayBum
10th September 2011, 10:24 AM
Thank you gents,enjoy i will !

Yossarian
10th September 2011, 03:43 PM
Don't hit driver!

BayBum
10th September 2011, 10:26 PM
Don't hit driver!

That was my theory when i tee'd up & it worked for the first 2 holes,par - par,then i realised how boring golf is playing like that so out came the driver & up went the scores :( Lost plenty of my own balls but found a ton of pro v's,more than i lost actually ! Weather was great & it really is a beaut of a course to get around.

I do however see why there are so many negative comments about the place.Lack of yardage markers & signage to the next hole on a course of that status is very poor imo.Golf wise...17 is a joke,i feel ya.Too many blind tee shots & the course guide needs some serious tweaking.I would have been better of taking advice from JC for every hole,not just the few he posted (they were all good tips btw JC ;) 10,12 & 18 worked out about perfect as far as your advice was )

Anyone driven 17 or got close? I hit a good one over the corner but it obviously kicked hard left & was in neither bunker so must have rolled down into the crap:smt013 Skyed one off 9 that almost made it too,that surprised me.

I'll go back when my swing is tuned & i have a cool head on me.Plenty of holes were driver aint needed so i can see a decent score in the making down there some day.

MegaWatty
10th September 2011, 10:33 PM
Standing on 12, did you jizz in your pants? I did.

Cosmopolite
10th September 2011, 10:39 PM

too much info Mega.................

MegaWatty
10th September 2011, 10:40 PM
Sorry J. :( It's such a great looking hole though!

Johnny Canuck
10th September 2011, 10:54 PM
That was my theory when i tee'd up & it worked for the first 2 holes,par - par,then i realised how boring golf is playing like that so out came the driver & up went the scores :( Lost plenty of my own balls but found a ton of pro v's,more than i lost actually ! Weather was great & it really is a beaut of a course to get around.

I do however see why there are so many negative comments about the place.Lack of yardage markers & signage to the next hole on a course of that status is very poor imo.Golf wise...17 is a joke,i feel ya.Too many blind tee shots & the course guide needs some serious tweaking.I would have been better of taking advice from JC for every hole,not just the few he posted (they were all good tips btw JC ;) 10,12 & 18 worked out about perfect as far as your advice was )

Anyone driven 17 or got close? I hit a good one over the corner but it obviously kicked hard left & was in neither bunker so must have rolled down into the crap:smt013 Skyed one off 9 that almost made it too,that surprised me.

I'll go back when my swing is tuned & i have a cool head on me.Plenty of holes were driver aint needed so i can see a decent score in the making down there some day.

I'm glad the tips worked for you. I discovered how to play those holes the hard way.

17 is ridiculous. I hit 7 iron and 3 wood and ended up in the same bunker.

I once hit one so far right on 17 that I hit a provisional, only to find my tee shot in that left bunker.

BayBum
10th September 2011, 11:15 PM

I must admit i did impregnate my pockets a little:lol:

The old man was speechless as we played the coastal holes so atleast he enjoyed the day out despite losing 6 balls in the first 5 holes !:roll::)

MegaWatty
10th September 2011, 11:21 PM
"impregnate my pockets". That is awesome! :)

MegaWatty
11th September 2011, 01:20 AM
Green report for Wembley?

Cosmopolite
11th September 2011, 01:42 AM
Sorry J. :( It's such a great looking hole though!

I guess I will get to play it in November and see for myself!

(my comment was just meant to be funny, not really critical MW)

bergsey
11th September 2011, 09:55 AM
Looking at another thread it reminded me to see if anyone knew what happened the course that was being developed at Ravenswood next door to the Pinjarra golf course? A few years back now but i remember walking around 9 holes they had built, i think the plan was to turn Pinjarra into a 36 hole layout? The housing estate was developed, i'm assuming that the golf course has just gone back to bush

MegaWatty
11th September 2011, 10:06 AM
I guess I will get to play it in November and see for myself!

(my comment was just meant to be funny, not really critical MW)

I know. ;)

simmsy
11th September 2011, 11:01 AM
Looking at another thread it reminded me to see if anyone knew what happened the course that was being developed at Ravenswood next door to the Pinjarra golf course? A few years back now but i remember walking around 9 holes they had built, i think the plan was to turn Pinjarra into a 36 hole layout? The housing estate was developed, i'm assuming that the golf course has just gone back to bush

the course i know was behind the Pinjarra Golf Course was actually being setup as an "academy" of sorts. went out there once and spoke with the bloke who had about 1/2doz young guys with him and he was telling me it was being used as an Academy for the area.

don't know what's happening with it now days though.

rubin
12th September 2011, 04:26 PM
Anybody had a run on Hamersley GC? Playing with a few mates from work on sunday, and looking at nearmaps, it looks very long and tight. One of the holes, im assuming a par 5, looks near on 600m!

I've heard some ok reports about it, but is it any good? any tips?

Bruce Dickinson
12th September 2011, 04:33 PM
Anybody had a run on Hamersley GC? Playing with a few mates from work on sunday, and looking at nearmaps, it looks very long and tight. One of the holes, im assuming a par 5, looks near on 600m!

I've heard some ok reports about it, but is it any good? any tips?
Its 5785 metres from the tips, small round greens and no bunkers. It is really tight

Yossarian
12th September 2011, 04:34 PM
Never played it. Have heard bad reports from chopper mates.

Yossarian
12th September 2011, 04:40 PM
A public track wouldn't have a par 5 that long would it??

Bruce Dickinson
12th September 2011, 04:41 PM
longest hole is 490 metres

Bruce Dickinson
12th September 2011, 04:45 PM
Green report for Wembley?
Old course 3 weeks after coring and back to normal cutting height, still a little bit soft
Tuart Course 1 week after coring, first mow today and reno rate applicable

Pieface
12th September 2011, 04:56 PM
Super tight? Might not be to Rubin's taste!

I have played there a couple times Rubin but it is not very memorable so I don't really have any pointers as it was a fair while ago. I prefer Marangaroo but that is based mainly on travel distance.

rubin
12th September 2011, 05:19 PM

That was from a very simple measurement on nearmaps using their scale and a ruler. 490m is still a big one for a public track.

Super tight? Might not be to Rubin's taste!

I have played there a couple times Rubin but it is not very memorable so I don't really have any pointers as it was a fair while ago. I prefer Marangaroo but that is based mainly on travel distance.

I didn't choose the venue unfortunately. Maybe I'll just leave the driver in the bag, especially as its only a short track as Bruce has said.

Cosmopolite
12th September 2011, 05:35 PM
Hamersley is all kikuyu too Rubin

rubin
12th September 2011, 05:37 PM
this is sounding better and better

Nuffie
12th September 2011, 07:25 PM
Im going to start a thread to generate a bit of talk - about the best strategies to conquer a course like Chequers GC. Stay tuned.

Yossarian
12th September 2011, 07:31 PM
Have less shots nuffie!

rubin
12th September 2011, 07:33 PM
Have less shots nuffie!

Thanks captain obvious.

But in all fairness, tracks like Chequers arn't as simple as hit it to the fairway. In many cases, the better lie was actually slightly in the rough. at least there was a better chance of having grass under the ball.

Johnny Canuck
12th September 2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks captain obvious.

But in all fairness, tracks like Chequers arn't as simple as hit it to the fairway. In many cases, the better lie was actually slightly in the rough. at least there was a better chance of having grass under the ball.

Sounds like a dream course for you.

This must be where you "played off 5".

rubin
12th September 2011, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a dream course for you.

This must be where you "played off 5".

2 things:
1) Get ****ed.

2) I hit more fairways than Nuffie did.

rubin
15th September 2011, 12:50 PM
ok WAnkers - I need some help.

Just got the nod to play Lake Karrinyup tomorrow for a corporate day. What advice can you give me so I can embarass myself as little as possible? I believe we are playing the championship layout if that makes a difference. From what I can see, its fairly long, so driver and 3 woods from the tee all day - but any other hints or tips?

Pieface
15th September 2011, 12:59 PM
ok WAnkers - I need some help.

Just got the nod to play Lake Karrinyup tomorrow for a corporate day. What advice can you give me so I can embarass myself as little as possible? I believe we are playing the championship layout if that makes a difference. From what I can see, its fairly long, so driver and 3 woods from the tee all day - but any other hints or tips?

Stay at home :p

Those luckier than I will no doubt comment shortly.

Scooponing at SH on Sunday should be fun withthe weather predicted!

rubin
15th September 2011, 01:03 PM
Stay at home :p

Those luckier than I will no doubt comment shortly.

Scooponing at SH on Sunday should be fun withthe weather predicted!

Mate a shit day of golf is better than any day actually doing work. PLus, probably one of the only times i'll ever actually play LK in near pristine condition. I've only ever walked it before.

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2011, 01:10 PM
Draw drivers on 2 and 13 or you'll be too long. It will give you 100m of extra roll too. 18 is similar but a little less severe.

rubin
15th September 2011, 01:41 PM
It looks like a fairly wide course, but I havent stood on the tee to have a swing there yet :D

Is the 8th as hard as everyone says it is?

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2011, 01:51 PM
It's tough, but not overly. I birdied it this year, which I haven't done much of. Hit the green and you are fine. Don't miss long.

dean0820
15th September 2011, 02:11 PM
i'm playing there next week, so am keen to hear your comments post round rubin1909. hope you hit 'em well.
i played there last year but don't remember much.
hopefully standing on the tee i'll have some good flashbacks.

dean0820
15th September 2011, 02:51 PM
for rubin1909 (from post 3963)
i know hamersley like the back of my hand.
let me share a few thoughts;

1. par 4. if you fade driver, great. if not, bunt a little hybrid off the tee to the top of the hill. the bunkers aren't a terrible option, the rough both sides is. everyday people hit the road OB to the left. right is the better miss.
2. par 4. driver requires a draw or else you'll run through the fairway. BE SURE to take an extra club or even two into the green. green break is severe to the low side.
3. par 5. huge dogleg right. very tight drive. best to play slightly right of the big tree on the far corner or even just lay up to it. no real need for driver, you can't get there in 2.
4. par 4. again, either draw driver or take a very tight line. a miss right is playable, left is dead.
5. par 3. straight forward little hole.
6. par 5. this is the long one! usually plays into the wind too. it goes a bit left over the hill. hitting the fairway is priority number one. both sides are severe rough.
7. par 3. depends on tee position, but pretty tight. it plays to yardage despite the undulations.
8. par 4. play it as you see it. a rare nice, open fairway. check pin position as it's a two tiered green, back and front.
9. par 4. big dogleg right. play a line just left of the big trees on the right. driver will be long through the fairway as a rule. take an extra club in to green and don't miss right. left can be salvaged.
10. par 4. you can fade driver but laying up to the corner is the percentage play. a straight forward approach if you hit fairway.
11. par 5. this may still be a temp green at the top of the hill, making it a par 4. both left and right are OB from tee.
12. par 3. very tight from the tee. another two tired green so go at the pin.
13. par 4. slight dogleg left. take an extra club in to green as it is elevated.
14. par 5. blast driver straight over the hill. you can get there in two. beware of mound in front of green.
15. par 4. take extra club in to green uphill. driver is best as it's a long blind shot in to green.
16. long par 3. a miss right isn't the worst but the ground is softer than other parts of the course. it's downhill but don't underclub.
17. par 4. from the tee you can't see how steep the uphill is until you get to the top and look back. beware the overhanging branches with your second.
18. long par 4. best to take driver but be aware, a miss left is bad but right is dead.

hamersley is a pretty tough track. very penal (no homo) if you're errant from the tee.
nice bar facilities too.
enjoy!

Yossarian
15th September 2011, 03:09 PM
I skimmed a ball across the lake on the 8th, I think I may have made par. It is a nice course but I barely remember it. I birdied the first!

TourFit
15th September 2011, 03:24 PM
Karrinyup...beware the greens. They are rock hard at the moment apparently. And pretty quick!!!

1 ) Short Par 4 - Shorter club than you think, you don't wanna end up too close to that bitch of a green complex. Blind 2nd with GW/SW/LW.
2 ) Long Par 4 - Blind tee shot over the hill. Hit draw and get the extra roll down the hill. If you take the safer line off the tee use a shorter club, but it'll be a LONG 2nd.
3 ) Par 5 - Staright forward. Right with the 2nd is better than left as the water pinches in quite a long way up the fairway
4 ) Par 4 - Go slightly wider right off the than it looks, the fairway kicks everything left. Don't need driver, but no reason not to...just don't go left!
5 ) Par 3 - Look closely at the pin placement. DO NOT GO LONG!!!
6 ) Par 4 - Blind tee shot, but actually not that hard. Go straight up the middle and hit middle iron in.
7 ) Par 5 - Aim at the smallest radio tower (left of the big one). Fairway kicks right, A LOT. Green is reachable after a strong drive, but missing the green is a tough up & down. Lay up and go for the green with a short wedge.
8 ) Par 3 - Usually about 180-190m. Water doesn't really come into play. Aim at the middle of the green. Do not go left or long. Right or short is the safe miss.
9 ) Par 4 - Straight up the hill. Aim slightly left and blast away, and then hit a relatively short iron to a completely blind green. Hit it further than you think you need...almost always it comes up short.

10 ) Short Par 4 - Only hybrid or so needed for position. Wind plays a part from this elevated tee. Approach from the right is best.
11 ) Par 5 - If you can, carry the bunker with driver (decent hit to clear it)...if not hit 3W left. Go up left side of the REALLY sloping fairway for 2nd, and approach from the high side. Tough green!
12 ) Par 3 - Claytons' biggest F*CK UP. A nothing hole to me. Mickey mouse at the back of the green (go have a look...if you're not already there). It's wedge at MOST!
13 ) Par 4 - Similar to #2. Blind R to L over the hill. The longer the club you use, the further left you aim. 3W draw will catch the slope most times. Awesome green from the top of the hill.
14 ) Short Par 4 - Uphill. Reachable for longer hitters...and the front right bunker isn't a bad place to be. Left side of fairway from the tee gives best approach but is tighter. Nastiest green on the course (except for 18, maybe)
15 ) Par 5 - Hit driver over the left bunkers...it'll make the green reachable (but land short and bounce it up). Water right near green and boonge long is a no-no.
16 ) Par 4 - Fairway kicks balls left...so right centre is the line off the tee. Right is the bad miss. Mid/long iron approach uphill. Again, going long will leave a very tricky downhill chip or putt!
17 ) Par 3 - Awesome hole. Downhill. What you get is what you see. Huge green though...just make sure you hit it.
18 ) Par 4 - Cardiac Hill awaits. Driver up left centre (or centre) will grab the downslope. Anything flared slightly right will catch the rough at the top of the hill and leave a LONG 2nd (usually into the wind). Quite possibly one of the hardest greens to play ANYWHERE. The break is much more than you think due to the slope.

Here'a couple of pics...

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2011, 03:30 PM
Blind approach on 1? Only if you are 3 feet tall.

Yossarian
15th September 2011, 03:32 PM
You can't see the bottom of the flag if you are down in the left side I think?

rubin
15th September 2011, 03:33 PM
Cheers Fit.

I heard they are running super quick at the moment. Should be a fun day. I don't imagine anything super difficult for a charity/corp day though.

TourFit
15th September 2011, 03:36 PM
Blind approach on 1? Only if you are 3 feet tall.

Well...what's wrong with that.

It is a course perspective from where I stand. It just happens to be 3ft.

For a pretty good course tour and some more pics go here...

http://www.lkcc.com.au/guests/golf/coursetour.mhtml (http://www.lkcc.com.au/guests/golf/coursetour.mhtml)

Yossarian
16th September 2011, 12:19 PM
Remember the first is a birdie hole.

rubin
16th September 2011, 12:33 PM
4 Ball Ambrose. Apparently one of the clients in our team is off scratch.

I think the drinks cart halfway up the first may be getting a talking to :D

Cosmopolite
16th September 2011, 05:36 PM
bucketing down again - he is going to be really wet this time!

rubin
16th September 2011, 11:22 PM
Won the day. Net 56.885. Second bonus, ntp on the 5th. Had less than a foot for tap in! Awesome day.

MegaWatty
16th September 2011, 11:24 PM
Pro V1 Kool aid?

Cosmopolite
16th September 2011, 11:24 PM
Won the day. Net 56.885. Second bonus, ntp on the 5th. Had less than a foot for tap in! Awesome day.

kool, glad you enjoyed it. A friend of mine used to organise it, dont know if she still does tho.

Even betterer that you won! Did you get wet?

MegaWatty
16th September 2011, 11:25 PM
And nice win, btw.

rubin
16th September 2011, 11:40 PM
Pro v1's are hanging around. Could have had long drive to, was 5 past it with 2 groups to play, but it was 5 cm on the first cut. Bit miffed about that but still awesome fun.

Dunno how I'm gonna play 18 tomorrow morning, I'm knackered!

dean0820
17th September 2011, 03:34 PM
onya mate! rapt to hear things went well.
while the success is still fresh in your mind, talk me thru some tactics.

Golfnut
17th September 2011, 03:54 PM
Well done rubin!....what sort of prizes did you score?

rubin
17th September 2011, 03:59 PM
Get on the practice greens when u get there. They may have been lightning quick, but they were cores and sanded earlier this week, so the speed is difficult to judge. Still a perfectly true roll on them though.

Mate yesterday would help with any tactics. On the par 4 18th, I nailed driver and it barely made it to the top of the hill, the wind was that strong. On a normal day, I would say I wouldn't be taking driver many times, but yesterday I could.

A few key ones that stand out. The huge and I mean massive par 5. Measured on the gps yesterday and we were playing it at 548m. You will need a near perfect drive up the middle to take maximum benefit from the hill, as it will push the ball to the right hand side. I would then advise against a 3 wood, as it's a pretty severe downhill lie, but assess it at the time.

Par 3 8th, take at least 1 more club than what you would normally take, it's a massive green and if your gonna miss, miss short. Long is impossible.

Another par 3, 12. As with what JC said earlier. I hit a soft pitching wedge which landed at the back of the green but spun back to about 2ft. If in Doubt, bunt in short and let the hill run it on for you. One of the guys in my group did that, and he had about the same.

Don't fool yourself on 10 and try going for the green. hit hybrid or 3 wood to half way down the hill and let it run, the bunkers there are murder.

Go for driver on 1 with a nice little draw. It is makable.

Finally on the par 5 3rd. Aim to the right hand side of the green, the river/lake cuts in a hell of a lot more than you think.

Having said that, it is so wide and open on every single hole, that u can really open the shoulders and give it a ride. It was the first time playing there for all 4 of us, so you can really play it as you see it. But check your yardages as it's so easy to misjudge the distances. The sprinkler heads have them on there anyway.

Where the tees where yesterday, it took the bunkers out of play for me (they were either very short, or well long), but a few groups got caught in them and they were saying that it would be quite easy to lose 4 or 5 shots in them (the group in front of us had 8 on the 9th)

rubin
17th September 2011, 04:02 PM
Well done rubin!....what sort of prizes did you score?

Couple of bottles of wine. The ntp netted me a v nice bottle of wise 06 merlot. We won $1500 as a group, but donated it back to the cerebral palsy foundation (who the day was for). And 4 passes to play again.

While I think of it deano, if u can - take a cart. The card might say 6.8 km, but I can't remember a single flat hole, and the hills kill you.

idgolfguy
17th September 2011, 07:56 PM
Good work on the donation to you and your mates.

BayBum
17th September 2011, 09:03 PM
Very cool Rubin :) Sounds like you had a ball mate.

rubin
17th September 2011, 09:05 PM
Very cool Rubin :) Sounds like you had a ball mate.

Was a blast mate. Been to a few different ones, but this s by far the best Corp day I've been to, or been involved in.

Good work on the donation to you and your mates.

It was the right thing to do mate. We didn't pay a cent to be a part of it, so it wouldn't have been right to take the money away from them as well.

dean0820
19th September 2011, 02:52 PM
rubin1909, thank you mate. very helpful advice and very classy act to donate $.

Nuffie
20th September 2011, 02:22 PM
Sounds like you had a great day Rubin. Hopefully I get the chance to play Karrinyup this summer. Did it really measure 6.8 km long???

Nice work with the ntp. Also a very nice gesture in donating the group prize money to the CP foundation.

Maybe that hit we had at Chequers turned out to be good for your game. I also had 33pts at Hartfield the other day in horrid weather.This is one of the reasons why I want to play Chequers again soon, as what doesn't kill the game definately makes it stronger.

Pieface
27th September 2011, 05:48 PM
Latest nearmap of Araluen looks promising. Might be looking pretty good in another 3-4 weeks if we get a little bit of temp to get the grass going.

Yossarian
27th September 2011, 06:01 PM
Good to hear. In other WA news the winter grass at Wembley is terrible and no concession rates on weekends what is going on BD??!

Bruce Dickinson
27th September 2011, 06:15 PM
Good to hear. In other WA news the winter grass at Wembley is terrible and no concession rates on weekends what is going on BD??!
like your style Mr EPA dodger, apparently were the only ones that don't offer generous concession rates on weekends.

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2011, 06:18 PM
Yokine thoughts.

One is a decent hole, the green is just ridiculous for a hole that long.

Two is an awesome par 4.

Three still sucks, but the approach can be beautiful from the right spot.

Yossarian
27th September 2011, 06:23 PM
I think holes like three that demand exact placement off the tee are fine if done in moderation round a course. Which at Yokine for the most part it is IMO. It could have been done better though.

like your style Mr EPA dodger, apparently were the only ones that don't offer generous concession rates on weekends.

:lol:

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 06:29 PM
Latest nearmap of Araluen looks promising. Might be looking pretty good in another 3-4 weeks if we get a little bit of temp to get the grass going. Do not be fooled. It would need to be entirely cored and top dressed to get rid of some of the scars that it has suffered over the years. JC and I thought the same thing, last year, and ended up with dust everywhere. NearMap does it way too much justice.

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 06:29 PM
How's Joondy ATM, BD?

Johnny Canuck
27th September 2011, 06:32 PM
It was incredible how much it had deteriorated in a month.

rubin
27th September 2011, 06:34 PM
How's Joondy ATM, BD?

I hope its in good nik at the moment. Playing there on Friday for another corporate event.

Pieface
27th September 2011, 06:45 PM
Do not be fooled. It would need to be entirely cored and top dressed to get rid of some of the scars that it has suffered over the years. JC and I thought the same thing, last year, and ended up with dust everywhere. NearMap does it way too much justice.

Duly noted. October might be a bit different to December in terms of grass coverage though...?

Yokine I enjoyed, probably the best parkland track I have got to play so far. 3 is a bit silly but it's early in the round and testing your distance control seems like a valid enough method to me.

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 06:55 PM
Duly noted. October might be a bit different to December in terms of grass coverage though...?

I've played it after it was dead before and there are just some terrible patches that are too dried and compacted to ever grow anything on. If they got into it and gave it a good amount of air into the soil then it could be good.

This summer will be interesting....again.

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 07:02 PM
Just had a look at it. It's still very patchy if you zoom in close enough.

The big difference though is the dam on 16. The last image shows it almost completely dry. Now it looks pretty full. If you look at the 19th September, last year, it's basically at exactly the same level.

Bruce Dickinson
27th September 2011, 08:57 PM
How's Joondy ATM, BD? Its okay, greens were a bit soft on Saturday.

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:00 PM
Hmmmm. Where else is there to play at a top notch course in Perth that's in good nick right now?

rubin
27th September 2011, 09:01 PM
Kb, lake k, and then go way south.

Yossarian
27th September 2011, 09:02 PM
KB was looking okish. The ****?

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:03 PM
The average schmoe can't get onto LK. It's Joondy or the Vines I'm guessing. Probably Joondy.

Hopefully I can get on early Thursday. Sorry Simmsy. Consider this a trial separation.

Yossarian
27th September 2011, 09:04 PM
Are you dumping the field?

The Cut

Mandurah CC?

rubin
27th September 2011, 09:07 PM
K town?

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:08 PM
Are you dumping the field?The CutMandurah CC? A work thing. Got to get out early and back in to work ASAP. Mandurah's too far.

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:09 PM
K town? No thanks. I'd rather the top end of town. Quality, not location.

Pieface
27th September 2011, 09:09 PM
Yokine?

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:10 PM
Yokine? General public?

Veefore
27th September 2011, 09:10 PM
Wanneroo?

Pieface
27th September 2011, 09:12 PM
Ahh...looks like you pony up for Joondy then. Vines is still a fair hike IMO...

rubin
Join in on a PGN day ;) I'm sure golf nut could show u the ropes.

MegaWatty
Wanneroo? Possible. They aren regular golfers and one's over from Sydney. I'm guessing a lot of private tracks might be coring at the moment.

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:13 PM
Ahh...looks like you pony up for Joondy then. Vines is still a fair hike IMO... I think you've nailed it mate. We need more Super Courses!

rubin
27th September 2011, 09:13 PM
Go Joondy then.

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:14 PM
Join in on a PGN day ;) I'm sure golf nut could show u the ropes. We haven't heard many updates on how these days are going. Anyone got his GL number?

rubin
Take the day and take em to kal

Pieface
Wanneroo would bve tougher for non-regular golfers I reckon, greens are harder for sure. At least when you are rubbish at Joondy the scenery is nice.

MegaWatty
Go Joondy then. Yup.

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:16 PM
Take the day and take em to kal How funny. There were meant to be two of them coming over in a month or so and I suggested exactly that. One has come over early so I'm not sure if the next trip is going to happen. Don't think I'm not on to that idea though. ;)

rubin
27th September 2011, 09:18 PM
We do a big event for the finals of the insurance cup. We putt all on, and pretty much nominate ourselves if we want to play - we are actually looking at Kal for the event this year.

Mad keen for that!

simmsy
27th September 2011, 09:52 PM
The average schmoe can't get onto LK. It's Joondy or the Vines I'm guessing. Probably Joondy.

Hopefully I can get on early Thursday. Sorry Simmsy. Consider this a trial separation.

i thought you and Goochy were all hoochiecoochie fiorucci last thursday! that bastard!!

Bruce Dickinson
27th September 2011, 09:53 PM

Joondy has a pro am on Thursday, might be tight to get on.

MegaWatty
27th September 2011, 09:55 PM
Joondy has a pro am on Thursday, might be tight to get on. Son of a bitch!

simmsy
27th September 2011, 10:34 PM
Gosnells? I hear it's beautiful this time of year.

Golfnut
27th September 2011, 10:43 PM
We haven't heard many updates on how these days are going. Anyone got his GL number?

It's going ok MW.....played the last couple of Thursdays. Trying to get some comp rounds on the board.
Sitting on 12.5 atm.

Golfnut
27th September 2011, 10:45 PM
Hocko, any idea if K-Town allows PGN'ers in their weekday comps?

Shadesy
27th September 2011, 10:54 PM
KB greens looked as though they have come back really well this year! Still a bit furry from the coring, but a nice spot of rain seems to have helped!

This time last year they sucked, and had to re-do them but I expect some nice roll come October/November!

bergsey
27th September 2011, 11:46 PM
unusually burswood greens were pretty good the other day when i went for a quick putt

bergsey
27th September 2011, 11:51 PM
Yokine thoughts.

One is a decent hole, the green is just ridiculous for a hole that long.

Two is an awesome par 4.

Three still sucks, but the approach can be beautiful from the right spot.

You played again recently JC? what do you think the problem is with 1 ?

Course is in good nick at the moment just held ladies interstate teams matches. Club champs week after next

Unusually they just cored the practice greens although the course isn't due until late oct

Johnny Canuck
28th September 2011, 01:19 AM
i played yesterday. The more I play that course, the more I like it.

I just think the green on 1 is a little Mickey Mouse considering how punishing the rest of the hole is.

4 is a nice, short 4.

Is Craig Bishop (pro) working out of there, or was he only a guest for the day? He was an absolute class act. He watched everyone hit and gave pointers. He told me to come and find him after the round because what he wanted to show me would 'screw me for the rest of the day' if he told me then. He gave me a very good tip and also took the time to show me a few other shots that i had queries about.

The lady in the pro shop was super nice and I picked up some awesome Climacool pants and a few shirts for next to nothing.

idgolfguy
28th September 2011, 01:23 AM
The lady is great and I always pick up a good deal in clothes there.

Johnny Canuck
28th September 2011, 01:28 AM
The pants and two shirts for $75. The pants would be a hunge on their own.

They were all out of white, so I think Fit has already been through.

idgolfguy
28th September 2011, 01:33 AM
They get them in but the members are very traditional in their styles so the clothes go for a song.

MegaWatty
28th September 2011, 01:34 AM
Pffft. Adidas. So 2010.

I'm moving to the brother.

simmsy
28th September 2011, 09:57 AM
Go Ricky!

bergsey
28th September 2011, 09:52 PM
i played yesterday. The more I play that course, the more I like it.

I just think the green on 1 is a little Mickey Mouse considering how punishing the rest of the hole is.

4 is a nice, short 4.

Is Craig Bishop (pro) working out of there, or was he only a guest for the day? He was an absolute class act. He watched everyone hit and gave pointers. He told me to come and find him after the round because what he wanted to show me would 'screw me for the rest of the day' if he told me then. He gave me a very good tip and also took the time to show me a few other shots that i had queries about.

The lady in the pro shop was super nice and I picked up some awesome Climacool pants and a few shirts for next to nothing.

Yeah Craig is working there now good guy. Judy is good value too, has the hots for Yoss

The 1st is always a challenge off the back esp when the pin is back left. dead if you get short sided. also the tiers are tough as well

Four used to be better i reckon when it had bush down the left rather than the fwy bunkers which are all new

MegaWatty
28th September 2011, 10:08 PM
Gosnells? I hear it's beautiful this time of year.<br />
<br />

Vines it is.

Yossarian
28th September 2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah Craig is working there now good guy. Judy is good value too, has the hots for Yoss

The 1st is always a challenge off the back esp when the pin is back left. dead if you get short sided. also the tiers are tough as well

Four used to be better i reckon when it had bush down the left rather than the fwy bunkers which are all new

Haha she does love me, she always thinks i'm a member, I think she likes my dress sense.

<br />
<br />

Vines it is.

What is with the br stuff??

MegaWatty
28th September 2011, 10:52 PM
Lightweight. Mmmmmm. Motorboat!

Yossarian
28th September 2011, 11:05 PM
BD you might want to post in that ISG thread that Araluen is probably deadish.

bergsey
28th September 2011, 11:38 PM
unusually burswood greens were pretty good the other day when i went for a quick putt

scratch that now cored!

TourFit
29th September 2011, 12:40 AM
Haha she does love me, she always thinks i'm a member, I think she likes my dress sense.

I think it's she wants to see your member...

What is with the br stuff??

You giving her the motorboat sound...after she sees your member.

dean0820
29th September 2011, 11:27 AM
once again fellas, i seek your advice.
tomoro is joondalup quarry and lakes.
i would appreciate your pointers.
thanks!

Golfnut
29th September 2011, 11:38 AM
Latest nearmap of Araluen looks promising. Might be looking pretty good in another 3-4 weeks if we get a little bit of temp to get the grass going.

Playing this today, I shall report back my findings.

Pieface
29th September 2011, 11:41 AM
Look forward to it 'nut. Nice to have a guinea pig :D

Bruce Dickinson
29th September 2011, 12:12 PM
once again fellas, i seek your advice.
tomoro is joondalup quarry and lakes.
i would appreciate your pointers.
thanks!
what do you need to know and what tees are you playing off?

rubin
29th September 2011, 12:25 PM

Im there for a small corporate event. Not sure which course, but we'll be off the whites. Been quite a while since i've played a round there so any advice would be great.

Bruce Dickinson
29th September 2011, 12:31 PM
Im there for a small corporate event. Not sure which course, but we'll be off the whites. Been quite a while since i've played a round there so any advice would be great.
I'm going to play in the pro am up there now, I'll put up some suggestions tonight.

rubin
29th September 2011, 12:43 PM
I'm going to play in the pro am up there now, I'll put up some suggestions tonight.

Enjoy BD.

TR66
29th September 2011, 03:00 PM

Good to see Drew Dubbo is having a hit.

dean0820
29th September 2011, 04:03 PM

off the blues i imagine.
any local knowledge would be appreciated; hidden dangers, shots that don't play to yardage, places of beauty to look out for, etc.

Bruce Dickinson
29th September 2011, 05:10 PM
Pro am tees of the whites on most holes, three hours and eight minutes for nine holes

MegaWatty
29th September 2011, 05:24 PM
The Vines is in the best condition that I have seen it for at least the last 3 years!

Pieface
29th September 2011, 05:27 PM
How many times have you played there in the last three years?

You play Lakes or Ellenbrook?

MegaWatty
29th September 2011, 05:35 PM
Lakes. Have played there reasonably often. Usually a game every few months.

Vic was out there, and I reckon he might chime in with the same response.

dean0820
29th September 2011, 05:36 PM
The Vines is in the best condition that I have seen it for at least the last 3 years!

good to hear, we are out there again in 2 weeks.

dean0820
29th September 2011, 05:37 PM
Pro am tees of the whites on most holes, three hours and eight minutes for nine holes

no pro ams for me bd, just a round with some mates.
3 hrs for 9 holes!? that is just brOOtal.

idgolfguy
29th September 2011, 06:18 PM
With the PGA being held there it is coming along. Can't wait for the greens to pick up.

Bruce Dickinson
29th September 2011, 08:03 PM
Six hours to play 18 holes....

MegaWatty
29th September 2011, 08:28 PM
With the PGA being held there it is coming along. Can't wait for the greens to pick up.

They were cored about 4 weeks ago I believe. Another 2 and they should be amazing! It's a credit to the green staff to get it up to where it as at the moment.

Nuffie
29th September 2011, 09:43 PM
They were cored about 4 weeks ago I believe. Another 2 and they should be amazing! It's a credit to the green staff to get it up to where it as at the moment.

Hopefully by then my FIFO membership application will be approved.

idgolfguy
29th September 2011, 09:50 PM
Yes they can do well when they need to. Not had the sprinklers on much at all.

Traffic is increasing and with the cheaper FIFO memberships, they're probably making serious coin.

I don't mind playing a good course. I've won over $300 vouchers in the last 5 weeks or so.

Turned out pretty good today, my meetings got shifted to tomorrow. So after I played 9, went home picked up the Mrs and had lunch on a voucher. Dropped her home and played the 2nd 9. All between 10 and 3.30. The course was quiet.

Only played one ball and shot 80. Same as Saturday. Hopefully, I can do the same on Saturday and will be down to 12. 7 strokes in five weeks. Thanks to Golflink.

idgolfguy
29th September 2011, 09:54 PM
Hmm...Looks like a code problem. Had go back into edit to remove all the HTML.

rubin
29th September 2011, 10:38 PM
Six hours to play 18 holes....

Fun times at the Joondy pro-am. Hope it's not like that tomorrow.

On another note - is there a good quality turf/grass range somewhere near to or slightly south of the city? The Melville golf centre is f-ing rubbish....