PDA

View Full Version : Windaroo Lakes GC, Sat Dec 4, 12:38p

AndyP
30th November 2004, 11:01 AM
It will be a single stroke comp off the back markers, as it will be Monthly Mug for the members.
It was $25, incl a sleeve of balls when some of the lads played there in September, so I'm hoping nothing has changed.

This was the only group of 4 left on the timesheet, and the morning is completely full, so I have temporarily reserved it.
If we don't fill the whole group, I can try for another time.
Or if we have more than one group, I can see what other times close have twos or threes available.

Friday is meant to be cooler, so hopefully Saturday is too. Not that I believe anything a weatherperson tells me.

I haven't played at Windaroo for quite some time, and will be coming off a three week spell. So I am looking forward to playing there.

Anyway, who wants in?

Get your names down:
1. AndyP

Keza_G
30th November 2004, 11:49 AM
Ok... so Iam playing at Windaroo on Saturday however, as I am a member and am playing in the monthly medal, stipulations are that ladies may not play in the feild with the men, we must play at alloted times...

So, is it OK for me to be included in the money list thing....?

Let me know...

Cheers

Keza

damoocow
30th November 2004, 12:45 PM
Andy - can't play in this one as my daughter has her once a year Judo comp on this Saturday - would be keen to play in it some other time though - haven't been down there since 2000.
damoocow

gazgolf1
30th November 2004, 12:50 PM
Sorry.....going to the races Saturday. 8)

Fishman Dan
30th November 2004, 01:02 PM
did anyone see the new squeeze with Mark Waugh in the Sunday paper ? Racehorse trainer Kim Moore....she goes OK too I am told. 8)

Not a patch on a likely friend of one R. Appleby. :shock: :smt118

Btw, i can't make it to Windy ;)

AndyP
30th November 2004, 01:03 PM
Anyhow, I can't make this weekend but will be looking for another $25 Saturday special at Windaroo in the next few weeks. :smt023
Bugger! I thought you of all people would have been in for this one.

did anyone see the new squeeze with Mark Waugh in the Sunday paper ? Racehorse trainer Kim Moore....she goes OK too I am told. 8)
Didn't see her, but anything has got to be better than his last squeeze.

AndyP
30th November 2004, 01:12 PM
Do you mean R Allenby..ot S Appleby ?? :roll:
He means Stewie's brother, Ryan Appleby. :roll:

Fishman Dan
30th November 2004, 01:23 PM
Do you mean R Allenby..ot S Appleby ?? :roll:
He means Stewie's brother, Ryan Appleby. :roll:

Nice ;)

No, i mean Robert Allenby. Why didn't he win the Centenary Australian Open? Because this lovely lady was in the gallery, 'requesting' bottles of water intended for the players at every tee... :roll:

Eag's
30th November 2004, 01:46 PM
Sorry playing Wantima Sat :)

AndyP
30th November 2004, 01:50 PM
Your golflink tells me you are overdue for a round there. :shock:

BTW it's not an open comp, is it? At this stage, I am looking for a backup plan.
Pacific's Sunday morning timesheet is full, as well.

Eag's
30th November 2004, 01:58 PM
Your golflink tells me you are overdue for a round there. :shock:

BTW it's not an open comp, is it? At this stage, I am looking for a backup plan.
Pacific's Sunday morning timesheet is full, as well.

Sorry AndyP not this weekend :(
I am going to try and organise a Oz Golf day there soon. The only problem is they have very few open days in general and the sheet fills up bloody fast.

Iain
30th November 2004, 03:13 PM
Count me in for this Andy. 8)

1)AndyP
2)Iain

drunken
30th November 2004, 07:27 PM
I'm in as well (provindin AP confirms the cost). I need to boost my Tour Money from $0 :lol:

#1. AndyP
#2. Iain
#3. Drunken

AndyP
30th November 2004, 08:19 PM
What's with you lads changing the format of the numbers?
1)
#1.

:?

Iain
1st December 2004, 01:30 AM
What's with you lads changing the format of the numbers?
1)
#1.

:?

:smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022

AndyP
1st December 2004, 10:06 AM
I'm in as well (provindin AP confirms the cost). I need to boost my Tour Money from $0 :lol:
$25 Green/Comp Fee incl a sleeve of balls, confirmed. :smt045

(1) AndyP
(2) Iain
(3) Drunken

Do we have a fourth to complete the group?

terryand
1st December 2004, 07:23 PM
I have 2 spots at 8.54am for this date if anyone is interested.

Myself and a mate from Windy are playing, 2 of our playing partners have pulled out leaving the spots.

Let me know guys.

Terry.

drunken
1st December 2004, 07:24 PM
(1) AndyP
(2) Iain
(3) Drunken

Gee AP whats with changing the number format :roll:

I bet you were waiting ALL day for someone to point it out....

AndyP
1st December 2004, 07:36 PM
(1) AndyP
(2) Iain
(3) Drunken

Gee AP whats with changing the number format :roll:

I bet you were waiting ALL day for someone to point it out....
Don't be stupid, Drunken. :roll:
I was waiting all day for the fourth person to sign up and change the number format. ;)

Peoples, I will be releasing the fourth spot back into the wild tomorrow around lunchtime.

Start your own thread, Terry. :smt062 :mrgreen:

terryand
1st December 2004, 08:47 PM
Touchy, touchy :smt098

AndyP
5th December 2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the day, Iain and drunken. You were great company on what was a tough day for some of us.

Course was bloody tough, in particular the greens. Couldn't they have had at least one flat green? :shock:
Windaroo is not a place to be having a bad day off the tee either. :(
Why o why, did I take three weeks off?

I ended up 3 balls down for the day, losing 6 in total (so the freebies have already been used), four off those off the tee. ](*,) I finished off using a Hot Dot. This ball was great, long and straight off the tee. :roll:

Results:

1. Iain 93 nett 77
2. AndyP 104 nett 91
3. Drunken 113 nett 92

I know what you're thinking, and yes, it was a close battle between drunken and I. :wink:
The competition was tough for number of lost balls and number of sevens on the card between us too. :roll:

I thought Iain did pretty well for the day though, considering he hadn't played the course before and he was working on some stuff from his "secret" lessons. I'm not sure he would've expected such a big win.

At least the weather wasn't stinking hot. :D

Bring on the Dingo Hills Classic. :cry:

Tezza, Keza, wouldn't mind hearing how you went for the day. Surely not as bad as drunk and myself.

Keza_G
5th December 2004, 09:45 AM
Well Andy,

Myself ..... 96 nett 88, my husband (scott) 74 nett 69...

Spotted Tezza after but forgot what he had..... Tezza ????

Cheers

Keza_G

Onewood
5th December 2004, 09:58 AM
Results:

1. Iain 93 nett 77
2. Keza 96 nett 88
3. AndyP 104 nett 91
4. Drunken 113 nett 92

Tezza,wouldn't mind hearing how you went for the day. Surely not as bad as drunk and myself.

Awaiting your score Tezza :D please report in :wink: :D

Jarro
5th December 2004, 11:05 AM
did any of you guys drive .. and hold.. the 6th green :?:

love that hole. the green is pretty radical too :shock:

Keza_G
5th December 2004, 12:00 PM
I didn't drive the 6th but I did drive the 14th :lol: ..... was to chicken to drive the 6th, I thought I was protecting a good score, instead I layedup with a 6 iron and made bogey...... :oops: :wink: (stoopid again)

Cheers

Keza

Jarro
5th December 2004, 12:28 PM
I didn't drive the 6th but I did drive the 14th :lol: ..... was to chicken to drive the 6th, I thought I was protecting a good score, instead I layedup with a 6 iron and made bogey...... :oops: :wink: (stoopid again)

Cheers

Keza

wouldn't the 6th be easier to drive than the 14th though :? :lol:

AndyP
5th December 2004, 12:48 PM

Iain got the closest. He had the right length, but was to the left. Left himself a nasty chip over the bunker to a pin at the front.

No chance of driving the 14th from the blue markers. Although drunkens went in the right direction, he didn't quite get the length right. :lol:

drunken
5th December 2004, 12:50 PM
Although drunkens went in the right direction, he didn't quite get the length right. :lol:

Yeah I just got under it a little bit :roll:

I was still thinking about that concrete bunker at the front of the 13th. I think the people in the nearby houses would have heard the thump as the club bounced off it :evil:

Jarro
5th December 2004, 12:54 PM

Iain got the closest. He had the right length, but was to the left.

that's why i thought i'd ask. Length isn't really the problem on that hole... but trying to hold the green is pretty tough. I've been left of the green the last 2 times i've played there :roll:

AndyP
5th December 2004, 01:01 PM
I was still thinking about that concrete bunker at the front of the 13th. I think the people in the nearby houses would have heard the thump as the club bounced off it :evil:
Yeah, I forgot to mention how disappointing the bunkers were. Rock hard.
I actually chose to chip out of one of them.

Iain got the closest. He had the right length, but was to the left.

that's why i thought i'd ask. Length isn't really the problem on that hole... but trying to hold the green is pretty tough. I've been left of the green the last 2 times i've played there :roll:
I got on from the white markers when I played there with Kev last year. Pin was at the back, and the ball finished in the middle of the green leaving me a tier to putt over for eagle. Easy bird though.

I'll have to play the open Saturday comp there more often. It really is a great challenge.

terryand
5th December 2004, 05:11 PM
Theres only a few bunkers out there like that Andy.

The couple I got in yesterday had plenty of sand in them.

There choosing to spend there money on the important things first like redoing the fairway.

After all a bunker is a hazard and you should be penalized for hitting a bad shot in there...shouldn't you?

Terry.

drunken
5th December 2004, 05:57 PM

There choosing to spend there money on the important things first like redoing the fairway.

After all a bunker is a hazard and you should be penalized for hitting a bad shot in there...shouldn't you?

Terry.

The right hand front bunker on the 13th has NO sand in it whatsoever. At least not in the half I was in. I barely left a footprint where I was standing. It was like trying to play a chip shot off a concrete path :evil:

Onewood
5th December 2004, 05:59 PM

Terry.

Tezza the Suspense is killing us :D What did you score :D

Jarro
5th December 2004, 06:23 PM

I agree.

.. only problem i can see though is that a lot of courses seem to have different sand in each bunker :smt017

terryand
5th December 2004, 06:59 PM

Terry.

Tezza the Suspense is killing us :D What did you score :D

Didn't take much notice after I hit one OB by a half a metre on the second, wasn't bothered to go back after what would have been my normal dub,dub start.Not too bad after that, 1 bird and 8 pars and of coarse the standard dub on snake gully again.

Terry.