PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Twin Creeks

GAS
26th November 2008, 12:05 AM
Hello Everyone. I am pleased to be a part of this forum and look forward to reading about the Golfing yarn around the country if not the world.

I have been playing golf for a while and struggling to get a bogie round at my new club at Twin Creeks. My official handicap is 21 so I am looking forward to bringing that down to 18 hopefully by the end of 2009.

Although I have been playing social golf for a long time I haven't participated in a competition yet so I look forward to getting some advice from forum members on the dos and donts.

Look forward to chatting with you all. Cheers.

PS No I'm not a female but a fan of Michelle Wie for many reasons and I hope she bounces back to top form one day!

adlo
26th November 2008, 12:36 AM
Welcome GAS. Enjoy your time here.

Scottt
26th November 2008, 12:55 AM
I saw some footage of her in action the other day GAS. Walking down the fairway she was bouncing nicely ;)

just
26th November 2008, 05:28 AM
Welcome GAS!

3oneday
26th November 2008, 05:48 AM
Welcome GAS, I look forward to a members invite to your course ;)

:lol:

Courty
26th November 2008, 06:02 AM
Welcome GAS.

Although I have been playing social golf for a long time I haven't participated in a competition yet so I look forward to getting some advice from forum members on the dos and donts.

Don't worry, you'll get plenty of advice whether you like it or not. :mrgreen:

Eag's
26th November 2008, 06:41 AM
Welcome GAS.

AndyP
26th November 2008, 07:51 AM
Welcome GAS. What are your feelings on club committees, slow play and cheating C graders?

razaar
26th November 2008, 07:54 AM
Welcome GAS...good luck with your game.

BrisVegas
26th November 2008, 08:01 AM
Welcome aboard GAS. How are Troon treating you down there?

If you're ever in Brisbane, look me up and I'll show you around Brookwater.

JustSneaky
26th November 2008, 08:02 AM
Welcome GAS. What are your feelings on club committees, slow play and cheating C graders?

Welcome to competition golf,and ozgoof Gas

JustSneaky
26th November 2008, 08:20 AM
That somewhere special, to keep your putter

henno
26th November 2008, 08:38 AM
That somewhere special, to keep your putter

I am going to call that a photoshop. It looks like the putter was resting on the outside, and has been given a little bit of a "purple" touch-up.

3oneday
26th November 2008, 10:55 AM
That's an old photo, thus an experienced putter ;)

macjackass
26th November 2008, 01:03 PM
Welcome GAS, I look forward to a members invite to your course ;)

What day were you thinking? ;)

burger
26th November 2008, 01:23 PM
Welcome GAS,

Hope you enjoy the Ozgolf journey . . . . :smt108 :shock: . . . .

as much as I have!

stu

GAS
27th November 2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the very warm welcome guys. I am open to play any day at Twin Creeks. How about sometime during the week of 15th December just after the Aust Open. That way we're all psyched up for a round.

Please let me know. Cheers.

CanuckDownUnder
27th November 2008, 10:45 AM
G'day!

Grunt
27th November 2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the very warm welcome guys. I am open to play any day at Twin Creeks. How about sometime during the week of 15th December just after the Aust Open. That way we're all psyched up for a round.

Please let me know. Cheers.

Thursday or Friday that week are possible for me. Will know more about availability soon.

BrisVegas
27th November 2008, 11:46 AM
Welcome to your new best mate GAS! :lol:

GAS
27th November 2008, 01:36 PM
I saw some footage of her in action the other day GAS. Walking down the fairway she was bouncing nicely ;)

Actually I only realised after I wrote my original thread that bouncing back could indeed refer to other ways of bouncing!=P~

GAS
27th November 2008, 01:38 PM
Welcome aboard GAS. How are Troon treating you down there?

If you're ever in Brisbane, look me up and I'll show you around Brookwater.

I have to say that the Troon team are just absolutely wonderful - very professional, courteous and always smiling!

GAS
27th November 2008, 01:44 PM

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but I haven't dealt with a committee member other than the Pro on the ground who is just a great guy. Slow games are very frustrating to say the least and most of the players at Twin Creeks are very good about letting you through. Finally - you've caught me - sorry, what is C graders?

With respect to cheating I think the best way to tell a persons character is by the way he/she plays with dignity and respect including counting all the shots. So if they chose to cheat they really are just cheating on their character and self worth.:roll:

I hope that covers your questions Razaar!

JustSneaky
27th November 2008, 02:55 PM
I am going to call that a photoshop. It looks like the putter was resting on the outside, and has been given a little bit of a "purple" touch-up.

If that is the case, they did a great job with the shadow on the handle.

I'll have a dollar it's not.

Courty
27th November 2008, 04:48 PM
Definitely a fake.

Jarro
27th November 2008, 05:05 PM
Welcome aboard :)

henno
27th November 2008, 05:06 PM
If that is the case, they did a great job with the shadow on the handle.

You've got to be kidding me. Real or not, the work involved to doctor a photo in such a way is basic stuff, and a trivial task for any shmuck with more than 10 minutes experience in Photoshop.

I'll take you on that dollar. It's win-win for me. Either it's fake and I get a buck, or it's real which itself is all flavours of awesome.

JustSneaky
27th November 2008, 05:27 PM
You've got to be kidding me. Real or not, the work involved to doctor a photo in such a way is basic stuff, and a trivial task for any shmuck with more than 10 minutes experience in Photoshop.

I'll take you on that dollar. It's win-win for me. Either it's fake and I get a buck, or it's real which itself is all flavours of awesome.

Hmm, not sure I qualify for a shmuck then.

I've been playing with a good photoshop for 3yrs or so and thought I knew what to look for,inlight of all this new evidence I guess I'm wrong.

mikezone13
27th November 2008, 08:05 PM
OK... henno, please doctor up something similar with another female golfer to show how easy ti is and win your buck :)

henno
27th November 2008, 09:09 PM
This photo is totally REAL!!

OMG, what is she doing with that putter? :oops:

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9475/michellewiebn4.jpg

Now where's my damn dollar? That is one high-quality image editing job.

Johnny Canuck
27th November 2008, 09:38 PM
18 by the end of 09? Aim higher GAS! You can do that with one very good round.

Welcome

JustSneaky
27th November 2008, 09:57 PM
Writing the check now,inthe mail tommorrow.