PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing November 24th 2008

burger
24th November 2008, 07:59 PM
Played at Pymble today on a beautiful sunny day, probably the only one sandwiched in between many days of rain if those forcasters are to be believed.

I had 30 points, which I am REALLY happy with, as the greens were the truest & FASTEST I have ever played on. Thus not knowing the greens at all some subtle slopes I didnt see and some big ones I did, provided more than a few 3 putts! Fortunately I managed to sink a LOT of 4-5 footers coming back!!!

I only had one really shite hole and my driving and iron play has really benefited from the new mantra of 'swing relaxed and easy'.

LOVED the 16th, teeing off over the water!:smt060
stu.

Andrew
24th November 2008, 09:29 PM
LOVED the 16th, teeing off over the water!:smt060

I'm glad you got to play that hole from that tee. It sounds like you had a great day.

JustSneaky
25th November 2008, 04:00 PM
Played Dorrigo GC Open Day $25 gets you greens fees,cuppa tea/coffee,scons and jam,fruit cake ,bicies.And lunch was a huge tee-bone and salad followed by home made apple pie and ice cream,and seconds if ye want....just love that country hospitality.

For those that don't know Dorrigo it's a plateau between 1100 and 1500 mts above sea level yet near the Ocean (in a straight line)

Par 64 with winds around 70 to 80km.

Never thought shooting 12 over my handicap could be so much fun,nett 76. and walked off thinking I hit the ball well. hmm musta been something I 8

ps,

First time I've seen flag sticks bent near 40 degree,they kept the greens long so the balls didn't blow off.The course runs north south and the wind was w/sw,....great day.

Coffs_Hacker
25th November 2008, 04:23 PM
40pts at sawtell today, must be the local course thing cause i played sooo crappy last sat on a diff course to normal (brooky). Mind u 40pts was still 5th place in a field of 60. Was rather disapointed with the rnd after 23pts front, only 17 on the back. Was even off the stick after 12holes, came home bog,bog,bog,bog,bird,d-bog.

9fir
10gir
33putts
2birds

Eag's
25th November 2008, 04:58 PM
Top stuff Coffs you are on fire at the moment :smt023

BrisVegas
25th November 2008, 05:25 PM
Top stuff Coffs you are on fire at the moment :smt023

he's got nuthin. ;)

PeteyD
25th November 2008, 07:07 PM
OzGolf pressure Coffs, does it to all of us ;)

Hux
26th November 2008, 11:15 AM
Bribie yesterday. 94 (hcp 25). Played scrappy, one quad, 2 triple bogeys, 5 GIR. Couldn't putt (38) (3 putted on 3 holes when on GIR!!) and the driver fell over after about 6 holes. General iron play saved the day as my ever reliable chipping wasn't good.

All in all after 3 months back from a 15 year layoff I shoudn't complain too much.
Practice practice practice. Aim is consistent mid to high 80's by end of Feb.

Coffs_Hacker
28th November 2008, 12:54 PM
played a 2bbb with a single stab in conjunction at coffs yesterday :shock:
Had 35pts ind and 37pts combined, partner was a usless lowmarker who was painfully slow. Since it was a 2bbb there was 1card/pair and later found out he signed the card with me having a score of 33 (his front 9 and my back9). CCR was 34 so got dudded .2

8fir
6gir
32putts
1bird

BrisVegas
29th November 2008, 05:53 PM
Monthly Medal today. 84 gross for 76 nett. CCR 75.
10 fairways
8 GIR
32 putts.

Played ok, much the same as last week. Despite a quad on the 4th, I was only 5 over thru 12. Then I 3-jagged the 13th for bogey and the rot started. Stumbled home, 7 over for the last 6.... ****ing game.

BrisWesty
29th November 2008, 09:36 PM
First round as a Blackbutt member at Blackbutt. Played 4 club challenge at Blackbutt. 86/73 using 3 wood, 7 iron, PW & putter. HIt 13 out of 14 fairways with the 3 wood - why do I use the driver?

Greens at Blackbutt are a little slow and fluffy compared to Caboolture. Nice people out there too. The course isn't as difficult as Caboolture either.

Played with a young guy, Aaron, today off 6. Turned 18 today and has only been playing 2 years. Absolutely smokes it off the tee. He was driving it over 300m down wind. (I think I hate him ;-) )
Another guy in our group, Clint, is off 12 and hits it a similar distance. Has only been playing a year and has had a handicap for about 3 months. (Hate him too! ;-) )

welshy
30th November 2008, 07:35 AM
Played stableford Wednesday wasn't going to but was a last minute decision. Glad I did 47 pts! 82 off the stick :shock: 2 birds, lots of pars and bogeys and I think 2 doubles.
Cost me 3 and a half shots off Hcap though, but it was well worth it 8-)

Eag's
30th November 2008, 08:28 AM
Top stuff welshy :smt038

Grunt
30th November 2008, 08:51 AM
Whats the handicap down to now Welshy?

Your golflink is not working too.

jimandr
30th November 2008, 08:14 PM
I played very honest golf today. 9 pars and 9 bogies for 36 points. 2 threepointers and 2 onepointers. At one stage I had 12 twopointers in a row. I hit the ball quite well, and I should've had a better score. But I didn't.

Fairways = 11 of 14
Greens in reg = 8 of 18
Putts = 35, one 3putt, zero birdies
Up&Down = 2 of 5
Sand Saves = 0 of 2
1 penalty shot

Flowergirl
1st December 2008, 12:57 PM
Played stableford Wednesday wasn't going to but was a last minute decision. Glad I did 47 pts! 82 off the stick :shock: 2 birds, lots of pars and bogeys and I think 2 doubles.
Cost me 3 and a half shots off Hcap though, but it was well worth it 8-)

Top stuff there welshy:smt038

oz
1st December 2008, 03:06 PM
Played like a busted arse at Howlong on Sunday. Scrambled to a messy 28 pts. Just one of those days when not one part of my game really worked well at all.

TourFit
3rd December 2008, 02:15 PM
Should've shot MYSELF !!!!

Played stroke comp as visitor at The Vines on Sat 29th, walked the last 5 holes without striking a ball because I hurt my shoulder somewhere during the front 9. I hit so many bad shots after the turn due to the injury that I just gave up...

I also had a prior committment to play at Mt Lawley on the Sunday, so I wasn't looking forward to the game after Saturday's disaster. I made sure I stretched REALLY well, hit a few short irons to test it (was OK), took some anti-inflammatories and a couple of pain killers...and guess what... I still played like CRAP!!!!!!:smt093

I've decided that while my course is 16 holes and being renovated over the summer that I will play a LOT LESS...I will concentrate on practice, lessons & technique etc at our excellent range. I will no doubt get out and about to some of my favourite courses around Perth for the odd weekend game - Kennedy Bay & Secret Harbour, my brother in law has just become a member at Joondalup & owes me a few rounds...

CanuckDownUnder
8th December 2008, 05:14 PM
Played Warringah last Friday and shot 89. I think it's a short 70. I would score on every other hole only to f* up the holes in between. Left unscathed though.