PDA

View Full Version : A new subject for the forum index

Davemason
29th November 2004, 06:43 PM
Here is one for the Administrators to think about. Now we have a place to post pics of what is in our bag , how about somewhere to post pics of golf days that people take pics or pic at tour events (eg: aus open, state opens)at instead in the 1st Tee index, maybe we should have a poll on this to see what other people think. I don't know just a suggestion.

Fishman Dan
29th November 2004, 06:48 PM
I agree, good idea DM :smt023

Davemason
29th November 2004, 06:52 PM
Thank fish do you think I should start a poll

Fishman Dan
29th November 2004, 06:57 PM
Thank fish do you think I should start a poll

I am yet to discuss a topic that doesn't deserve a poll, go for it ;)

McMw
29th November 2004, 06:58 PM
DM....just edit your first post to make it a POLL... :wink:

Davemason
29th November 2004, 07:11 PM
the poll is up and running time to vote

Jarro
29th November 2004, 08:40 PM
I think posting pic's in the 1st Tee Index is the way to go. Just seems to keep all the relevant info about the day together in one easy to find place.

.. just my 2 cents.

markTHEblake
29th November 2004, 08:48 PM
The pics for a golf day should go into the thread for that golf day.

Onewood
29th November 2004, 10:43 PM
The pics for a golf day should go into the thread for that golf day.

Blakey, would'nt the scores be easier to find without going through all the pages about the pic's :D always thinking of you mate :wink: :D

What a great idea :idea: I'm for a pic section 8)

markTHEblake
29th November 2004, 11:18 PM
Onewood, not for me.

If i was wanting to reminesce about the Ozgolf Championships, I can go to the Ozgolf Championships thread - its all there.

But as it stands there is 4 different threads on that day- where do i start.

Now you gotta admit that if Golfer99, Jarro9.5 and myself all agree on something, that has gotta be fairly significant.

Last thing we need is another thread to Dribble in.

AndyP
30th November 2004, 09:03 AM
People are going to do whatever they want anyway. If someone wants to put the pics in a new thread, they will start one.

I choose not to vote.

Fishman Dan
30th November 2004, 09:14 AM
The plus about a new topic is that the non-broadband users amongst us can choose to avoid topics they know are chock full of photo's. Not always the case when it's in the First Tee area.

Surprisingly, i am not one of these people - i am looking out for my brothers and sisters among us ;)

damoocow
30th November 2004, 10:17 AM
My honest opinion is that we should ban the photos altogether and make people submit drawings instead.
damoocow

damoocow
30th November 2004, 10:47 AM
ah, I love not using emoticons

damoocow

markTHEblake
30th November 2004, 10:50 AM
the dialup users will still want to see the pics. they would be afraid of missing out on something.

Davemason
30th November 2004, 06:12 PM
The reason for the suggestion is if you were wanting to look at the pics there is a place to go a bit like “ what’s in your bag” or should you put it in the equipment thread, plus if you have only a dial up like us from the sticks going through the 1st tee threads can take up some time plus if there are pics in the 1st tee threads and you want to look at them you don’t have to go through all the page of a thread just to see a few pics of the day out.
Just my opinion for what it is worth and as we live in a free democratic society it's not up to me but the whole community to decide.
If it happens it happens if not so be it.

Onewood
30th November 2004, 08:46 PM
the dialup users will still want to see the pics. they would be afraid of missing out on something.

Good point but atleast this way they will have a choice...against having too, if they are in the 1st tee threads :roll: all they may want to do is Congratulate the winners :D

Fishman, is on the right track with the dial up thingy.

AndyP
30th November 2004, 09:23 PM
As a former dial-up user, I used to whinge a lot about the size of the piccies, but it never stopped me from checking them out anyway. :roll:

Fishman Dan
30th November 2004, 10:41 PM
As a former dial-up user, I used to whinge a lot about the size of the piccies, but it never stopped me from checking them out anyway. :roll:

That's you AP - and i am sure others don't mind either, but some of those pics threads can get to 2mb+ - what's that take at 56k - 5 mins? Longer... Sized-down photo's are about 100-150kb each. A fun day out, 10 pics, 1.5 mb.