PDA

View Full Version : Sythetic golf greens

chappy1970
20th November 2008, 02:15 PM
I've been looking at this more closely of recent times and I think that I might even be starting to sway the 'Cheese and Kisses'.

I have a big problem getting grass to grow in some parts of my back yard due to shade and with the lack of rain it is getting more difficult my the year.

I'd really like to have half of my back yard redone in synthetic, some fringe to chip off and 3 or 4 holes.

Anyone got one of these installed. I remember reading somewhere that it was about $40 per/mtr installed. Is that price way off? I'd look at an area between 20-30 mtrs.

Still need to done some sweet talking, but I'm getting closer.

Rod Morri
20th November 2008, 02:46 PM
Chappy, I built my own with a DIY kit a few years back and it cost me about $2,000 for approximately 8m x 3.5m. The company I bought off is no longer about but a quick google search will get you a few options.
This mob
http://www.enduroturf.com.au/
has DIY kits as well as installed options but I'm not sure what sort of cost it would be for each.
The DIY option isn't too hard to manage if the area is easily accessible, you;re moderately handy and donlt mind a fair bit of hard yakka.
The best installed ones I saw while I was looking was southwest greens (formerly pro tech) but they started at around $4000 for a small green.
have a surf of the web and check out some of the galleries of ones they have done....some of them are sensational and may help sway the other half to your way of thinking...

Golfnut
20th November 2008, 07:00 PM
Most synthetic turfs are going for around the $80-$90 /m2 these days layed but i don't think includes removal of your old grass/weeds.