PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Made gear on ebay

Davemason
29th November 2004, 03:06 PM
Selling some stuff on ebay tell your mates.
Items are
#R510TP (Tour Preferred) headcover (new) :
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7117702932&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:AU:1
#NEW TAYLOR MADE R580 15° #3 FAIRWAY WOOD :
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7117707232&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:AU:1
#TAYLOR MADE 200 15° #3 FAIRWAY WOOD :
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7117712943&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:AU:1

I just hope they sell.

ben
29th November 2004, 03:39 PM
"and superior swing weighting"

now that is funny. :)

Davemason
29th November 2004, 03:45 PM

What is so funny about that :smt102

ben
29th November 2004, 03:55 PM
a few things:

1. there is only 1 industry standard to measure swingweight, so i'm not sure how they can claim to be "superior". The industry standard is to use a 14" fulcrum point and then theres a pretty complex calculation. Swingweight was actually derived from a method of trying to find a way to measure MOI way back then. I think it was kenneth smith who came up with a 12" version which was actually more accurate than the 14" but I can't remember why the 14" was accepted into the market.. anyway long story.

2. swingweight is very individual. as much as the big compaines would like everyone to believe not everyone can swing a D2 club, in fact most people benefit from something like a C9-D0 swingweight.

3. big companies throw around terms that they really shouldn't, superior swingweight is one of them and MOI is another :)

its not a dig at you, i know its jus the marketing guff that they come out with and I wish you all the best in selling your products!

davidp
29th November 2004, 03:58 PM

What is so funny about that :smt102

davem, I think Ben is taking the pi$$ out of you. :lol:

...or maybe he's saying swingweight is swingweight. Swingweight is more a quantitative term rather than a qualitative term in clubmaking world which is where Ben is coming from...

ben
29th November 2004, 04:01 PM
davem,

i mean absolutely no disrespect to you at all! (i just wanted to make that very clear!).

Davemason
29th November 2004, 04:02 PM
a few things:

1. there is only 1 industry standard to measure swingweight, so i'm not sure how they can claim to be "superior". The industry standard is to use a 14" fulcrum point and then theres a pretty complex calculation. Swingweight was actually derived from a method of trying to find a way to measure MOI way back then. I think it was kenneth smith who came up with a 12" version which was actually more accurate than the 14" but I can't remember why the 14" was accepted into the market.. anyway long story.

2. swingweight is very individual. as much as the big compaines would like everyone to believe not everyone can swing a D2 club, in fact most people benefit from something like a C9-D0 swingweight.

3. big companies throw around terms that they really shouldn't, superior swingweight is one of them and MOI is another :)

Hey you know that and now I know that but I hope the punters on ebay don't know that . After all it's only a sales pitch

Fishman Dan
29th November 2004, 05:18 PM
davem,

i mean absolutely no disrespect to you at all! (i just wanted to make that very clear!).

Ben - i've got to say, you're antidisestablishmentarianism (look it up QLD'ers ;)) is getting really... how do we say... over-parochial. We all know you trade in '3rd party' gear (note, i didn't say knock-offs :roll:), and you've got success stories to back it all up.

But others don't think along those lines. Please respect that - especially when someone else is trying to make a buck.

ben
29th November 2004, 05:48 PM
FD,

sorry, i didnt mean to offend, just some marketing spiels are funny. btw I also do TM Tour gear :)

Deano
29th November 2004, 08:17 PM

Too funny :lol:

Deano

davidp
29th November 2004, 10:40 PM
davem,

Ben - i've got to say, you're antidisestablishmentarianism (look it up QLD'ers ;)) is getting really... how do we say... over-parochial. We all know you trade in '3rd party' gear (note, i didn't say knock-offs :roll:), and you've got success stories to back it all up.

But others don't think along those lines. Please respect that - especially when someone else is trying to make a buck.

Fishy, two things:

1. You're not allowed to use a word longer than 3 syllables. It confuses us poor Queenslanders... :lol:

2. Ben was just having a bit of fun. :) He helps all golfers whether we're playing Taylor Made, Callaway, Tourstage, Wishon or Alpha. I should know, he's helped me on many occasions when there hasn't been a smackeroo in it for him. :shock: And yes, he does quite a few Victorian based pros who use TM Tour gear. 8)

dave, good luck in your auctions. I hope you spin up top dollar on the eBay wheel of fortune.

Davemason
30th November 2004, 05:27 PM
dave, good luck in your auctions. I hope you spin up top dollar on the eBay wheel of fortune.

Thanks I'll let you all know how I go , the TM 200 series has some bids on it so it will sell ,but time will tell for the other items.

And thanks Ben for your info on the finer points on the science behind the golf club just wish I knew more would love to be a club maker

Bruce
30th November 2004, 08:00 PM
FD,

I have never heard ben speak out about against the disestablishment on the Church of England.

And even if he did - what has that got to do with his chuckles at the marketing speak?

3oneday
30th November 2004, 10:24 PM
FD,

I have never heard ben speak out about against the disestablishment on the Church of England.

And even if he did - what has that got to do with his chuckles at the marketing speak?Fishy is pushing for Mod detail :wink: maybe he forgot and thought he was posting in that other site :roll: .

:lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
30th November 2004, 10:42 PM
Fishy is pushing for Mod detail :wink: maybe he forgot and thought he was posting in that other site :roll: .

No, nothing silly like that. I'd have to learn to be a little more tolerant ;)

But marketing spiel is just that. I bet if Ben had a spare couple of mill for some metrosexual to come up with a sales blurb to push his business along nicely, he'd do it too :?

ben
1st December 2004, 07:12 AM
Guys,

lay of fishy, he was right, I should have bit my tounge. although its dam funny still :)

fishy, if I had a couple of mil for advertising I'd be using it to educate buyers, not fool them :)

Fishman Dan
1st December 2004, 07:57 AM
fishy, if I had a couple of mil for advertising I'd be using it to educate buyers, not fool them :)

Same thing isn't it? ;) :lol:

ben
1st December 2004, 08:33 AM
depends on how well you want to sleep at night :)

Davemason
9th December 2004, 07:33 PM
Gear sold on ebay
#R510TP (Tour Preferred) headcover (new) : SOLD $36

#NEW TAYLOR MADE R580 15° #3 FAIRWAY WOOD : relisted

#TAYLOR MADE 200 15° #3 FAIRWAY WOOD : SOLD $150

Got a good price for the 200 steel fairway wood ,pleased with that ,But I thought I get a better price for the head cover and not even a bid on the r580 ,plenty of lookers and questions but no takers.

Davemason
19th December 2004, 03:23 PM
Last item sold.

#NEW TAYLOR MADE R580 15° #3 FAIRWAY WOOD for $305

Got an ok price for the club , Now to track down a red hot price on a r5 from the states on ebay , Too many golf shops over here wants $500 plus for a r5 3wood.