PDA

View Full Version : Elec. motor buggy

andylo
29th November 2004, 01:25 PM
Since my pull buggy is retired (http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1136&start=15) I decided to save up and buy a elec. motor buggy.

Not sure if it going to make a big noise like the one I had when I decided on try a broomstick putter but I might just ask.

Any idea which one is good value? Any downside on using a motor pull buggy? Pro and Cons?

3oneday
29th November 2004, 01:27 PM
Get a remote controlled one, at least it will be fun if you are having a crap round, roll it up to your mates when they are trying to hit etc :lol:

andylo
29th November 2004, 01:31 PM
Darn good idea!! :D

Oh hang-on... I need to insurance my TPs against viloent breakage 1st :p

damoocow
29th November 2004, 01:46 PM
I decided to save up and buy a elec. motor buggy

you are truly insane Andylo - there is no emoticon that would adequately sum you up.

damoocow

Trung
29th November 2004, 01:48 PM
Stop ho-ing and spend a few bucks on lessons. :D

andylo
29th November 2004, 01:49 PM
Trung, I actually will have a lesson tonite :)

Trung
29th November 2004, 01:54 PM

Question No.1 to your coach tonight..

"Do I need an electric buggy?"

You would get something like this back..

"Are you out of your f****n mind" :twisted:

andylo
29th November 2004, 01:56 PM
why?? I can't afford a caddy nor a motorise cart :(

AndyP
29th November 2004, 02:19 PM
A-Lo, how many of us have you seen with an electric cart?

I cannot understand why you would need one. :smt011

Fishman Dan
29th November 2004, 02:38 PM

Then have 3 lessons.

3 types of people have electric buggies - old people, (some) ladies, and older people.

If you still have left over funds, spend money on me.

ben
29th November 2004, 02:40 PM
Andy,

if you are going to get one get either an Ezi Caddy or an Eldo. They will last a long time, the cheap ones last on average about 30 rounds.

andylo
29th November 2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks ben :)

Maybe it just me being a gecko but I everytime when I see one (from those old ppl, ladies or older ppl) I actually jealous a bit.

It sounds strange but I rather put 10KG of weight on my back and still have one of those motorise buggy (so I can run Kee over when he doing swing :lol)

McMw
29th November 2004, 03:29 PM
I don't see why any1 would need an elec buggy in Aus...
maybe in humid conditions, and if you're an old fart...maybe... :lol:

if you're strong enuff to walk 18 holes, you're strong enuff to pull your own trolley... IMO...

:wink:

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 04:11 PM
Why not Andylo..........all the OLD LADIES in our club use one. Why don't do order some support hose and incontience pads at the same time. :wink: ( only playing with ya Andy!!!)

andylo
29th November 2004, 04:23 PM
Why not Andylo..........all the OLD LADIES in our club use one. Why don't do order some support hose and incontience pads at the same time. :wink: ( only playing with ya Andy!!!)

Geez... I was almost placed online order on those items you mentioned until I read the last line :lol:

Okok... maybe I am being too lazy :p

So any suggestion on a good pull buggy with seat?

Fishman Dan
29th November 2004, 05:11 PM
So any suggestion on a good pull buggy with seat?

Andy, just get one already. There's no Ogio of seat buggies. There's no Tour Preferred gunmetal seat buggy.

Only tip i have is don't get a chrome one, because you can get the sun reflecting in your (or your partners) eyes.

Shouldn't set you back more than $100.

McMw
29th November 2004, 05:17 PM
the cheap and nasty (but will do the job) goes for abt 49AUD...
a reasonable one (with a 3rd wheelie) for under 100UAD...
splash out 150AUD, and you'll have everything you need... :lol:

if you've got $$$ to spend, have a look at the bagboy trolleys...or equivalent models...they're AWESOME....but a PITA to stowaway...

AndyP
29th November 2004, 05:58 PM

You could probably get a cheap compact foldup one for $39, if you're lucky.

McMw
29th November 2004, 06:12 PM

with a seat??? :shock:

Fishman Dan
29th November 2004, 06:27 PM

with a seat??? :shock:

There are plenty of seats around golf courses.. :smt102

McMw
29th November 2004, 06:44 PM
those foldup trolleys are okay....that's all they sell here... :roll:

but I prefer one with a seat...

need to give my feet some rest from carrying an elephant around the course for 4 hours...

AndyP
29th November 2004, 07:50 PM
Sorry, missed the part about the seat.

I'll appeal to A-Lo's thinking by telling him it is cheaper without the seat. ;)
When would he have time to sit during a round anyway?

drunken
29th November 2004, 08:11 PM
Only tip i have is don't get a chrome one, because you can get the sun reflecting in your (or your partners) eyes.

The painted ones chip though & rust....so get a non-chrome one that has a blasted finish

markTHEblake
29th November 2004, 08:11 PM
Andy, you just mentioned in another thread about how good your fitness is.

Electric carts are for people who are physically incable of making it around 18 holes without one. (trying to be polictially correct by not saying old or crippled) if you buy one you will be the laughing stock every where you go.

I figure your only excuse is that you have been shagging yourself to death, and you have been looking a little thin lately.

andylo
29th November 2004, 10:17 PM
Andy, you just mentioned in another thread about how good your fitness is.

Electric carts are for people who are physically incable of making it around 18 holes without one. (trying to be polictially correct by not saying old or crippled) if you buy one you will be the laughing stock every where you go.

I figure your only excuse is that you have been shagging yourself to death, and you have been looking a little thin lately.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Ok, I will just get one of those normal one with seat just to show ppl I am fit and not cripple :lol:

amanda
30th November 2004, 08:02 AM
Hey Andy,

I agree with the others about the electric buggy - you aren't that old!!!

Brad has a "Pilgrim" pull buggy with a seat - we just bought it from a large golf chain - about $120. I have one with a front wheel - coz pushing is better than pulling the damn thing - about $140 - mine was made by Proline.

Kee
30th November 2004, 08:13 AM
If I can pull a buggy for 18 holes 5 months out of a knee reconstruction, so can you Andy :P .

And you don't need an electric buggy to run into me to screw up my swing. I can screw up my swing all by myself thank you :D .

AndyP
30th November 2004, 08:19 AM
coz pushing is better than pulling the damn thing
Pulling is bad for the back anyway, you are meant to push them.

Flowergirl
30th November 2004, 09:02 AM
Nah........I don't bother with a seat either. I just sit on my partners seat if they have one!!.

wavemaker
30th November 2004, 09:58 AM
hey thats better andy, common sense prevails. im 51 and im playing 2 to 3 times a week and still dragging my buggy around with me. i am looking at getting a new one and the pilgrim with front wheel and seat is the 1 im leaning towards. 2 different models at the pro shop here, 1 is $120 and the other is $180 and i cant see enough difference to justify another $60. i think it has a foot brake, for what im not quite sure. though i have noticed a few people like to have all the latest gear with the most bells and whistles. most of them dont play any better than me but have a lot more money.

McMw
30th November 2004, 03:27 PM
wilson has one of this, spalding too....cheaper...

http://www.rockbottomimages.com/images/products/Bags/bagboysc500cart.jpg

andylo
30th November 2004, 04:12 PM
Nice looking :D

But hey... where's the seat?

McMw
30th November 2004, 05:19 PM
FD will carry one around for you...