PDA

View Full Version : Qld: 2009 NQ Matchplay

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Ned
24th March 2009, 10:04 PM
Look at it this way Brett. By the time the comp is over you wont be on the bottom anymore. But Solarman will still be pointless:D

:smt023

haysey
24th March 2009, 10:04 PM
I think that solarman will stay on the bottom to, with all the s#*t he come's out with.:mrgreen:

FFS Dipstick.

So are we gonna slug it out at the monthly medal:-k

cookie
24th March 2009, 10:21 PM
If you want to chalk up another win and solarman doesn't care?:-k
And i might be able to play this weekend too.:smt038

haysey
24th March 2009, 10:33 PM
If you want to chalk up another win and solarman doesn't care?:-k

Yeah, I'll hit Solarbritches up first. See what he wants to do. Wanna put your name down anyway?

cookie
24th March 2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah righto. And i'll

Courty
24th March 2009, 10:40 PM

There's 2 spots with Tom on Saturday morning at Cairns. Wanna join me/ us?

cookie
24th March 2009, 10:46 PM
Sorry about that, pressed the wrong button. I was going to say i'll find out tomorrow and let you know.

cookie
24th March 2009, 10:48 PM
There's 2 spots with Tom on Saturday morning at Cairns. Wanna join me/ us?

I'll find out if i have to work and let you know.:mrgreen:
Did you get that email?

Courty
24th March 2009, 10:49 PM
I'll find out if i have to work and let you know.:mrgreen:
Did you get that email?

I did. The belt is sweet, but I think I'll take a pass on the other one. :razz:

Ned
24th March 2009, 10:50 PM

The other pair of shoes that Haysey reckoned were gay ?

Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!!:shock:

cookie
24th March 2009, 10:57 PM

I thought you would give that head cover a miss.
And it's not shoe.Ned.

haysey
27th March 2009, 10:29 PM
So, Cookie playing Solarman tomorrow morning and nobodies sledging anyone....I'll have a go:twisted:

You both suck, both of you give choppers a bad name.

Golf isn't going to be the winner tomorrow because the version of golf you clowns play would make the baby jesus cry....

Cookie, I hope you're wearing that gay ass shoe/belt combo cause it should go well with the manbag using jocks on the outside wearing 4 putter.

And Solarman....I have that video.....whats it worth to you???

I'm backing this match to go down 18 all square. Then it'll come down to which one of you idiots chokes the least:smt023

mike
27th March 2009, 10:57 PM
So, Cookie playing Solarman tomorrow morning and nobodies sledging anyone....

Is this an official NQ matchplay event?

Courty
27th March 2009, 11:02 PM
So, Cookie playing Solarman tomorrow morning and nobodies sledging anyone....I'll have a go:twisted:

Golf isn't going to be the winner tomorrow because the version of golf you clowns play would make the baby jesus cry....

Cookie, I hope you're wearing that gay ass shoe/belt combo cause it should go well with the manbag using jocks on the outside wearing 4 putter.

I'm backing this match to go down 18 all square. Then it'll come down to which one of you idiots chokes the least:smt023

:lol:

Is this an official NQ matchplay event?

Yep. Hastily organised today.

mike
27th March 2009, 11:14 PM
Haysey. You've got the video?

haysey
27th March 2009, 11:21 PM
Haysey. You've got the video?

I've just done some work for Solarwoman that will have it in hand shortly
8)

haysey
27th March 2009, 11:22 PM
Actually if Solarman will post his, I'll post mine.

Ned
28th March 2009, 08:09 AM

At least they are both playing golf TODAY!:mrgreen:

Julie
28th March 2009, 08:18 AM
Actually if Solarman will post his, I'll post mine.

I might actually get around to getting broadband, so I can see these 2 "videos".:lol::lol::lol:

haysey
28th March 2009, 12:28 PM
At least they are both playing golf TODAY!:mrgreen:

:smt090:smt098

I might actually get around to getting broadband, so I can see these 2 "videos".:lol::lol::lol:

I'd do it Julie. You know you want to:wink:

In the Cookie v Solarman shankfest it is even as of the 15th tee.

Both players have dragged Courty down to there level:lol:

haysey
28th March 2009, 01:24 PM
A little birdie tells me there was a 4 putt choke to lose it on the last hole:mrgreen:

Courty
28th March 2009, 02:47 PM
There is only one way to describe what I witnessed today...

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sleep005.gif

Courty
28th March 2009, 03:06 PM
1st post updated.

It all came down to who could choke the least. :roll:

solarman
28th March 2009, 06:26 PM
i would like to use the excuse i had to use someone else's clubs and that it did not have a gap wedge. match up today...square up to 2nd last and I had to hit a PW from 135 out, that went way, way over teh back and then on the last drove it to 100m out and then no gap wedge again, so hit a PW at 3/4 and over the back again...cookie sh** himself when he went way left but he got up....great spirited game though

Ned
28th March 2009, 06:28 PM
1st post updated.

It all came down to who could choke the least. :roll:

Cookie Man, for all of his huff and bluff, Solarman really proved today that he is worthy of the Solarmanbag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smt118

Go the Blue Monster.:smt023

Now for the big yellow pot hole :smt108 and the little blog with a bad dental plan and the dress sense of Michael Jackson :razz: in our 4BBB Challenge.:twisted:

solarman
28th March 2009, 06:39 PM
Before courty and cookie spot the mistake, cookie hit it right and not left on the last.
Oh by the way, big yellow gay person, at least I played today.
I am happy the way i am playing considering only 2nd game in 6 weeks, just need to find a fairway, and a GIR, and a greeer and a 2 putt soon.
Real men aren't afraid to use standard drivers and not use adjustable shafts, screws, grips and whatever else to compensate for their lack of ball control.
Courty, let every one about your first shot of the day. Should have made you drop your duds for that one. :smt038

Courty
28th March 2009, 09:13 PM
Before courty and cookie spot the mistake, cookie hit it right and not left on the last.
I am happy the way i am playing considering only 2nd game in 6 weeks, just need to find a fairway, and a GIR, and a greeer and a 2 putt soon.
Real men aren't afraid to use standard drivers and not use adjustable shafts, screws, grips and whatever else to compensate for their lack of ball control.
Courty, let every one about your first shot of the day. Should have made you drop your duds for that one. :smt038

Lengthening that putter was the best thing for your putting. Now we just have to find something to fix your tee game, iron shots and chipping. ;)

Oh, and my first shot was almost an airswing. :oops: Just clipped the ball with the underside of the heel (driver). If I had been using an R9, the combination of COG and MOI would have pulled the clubhead back on plane and it would have been 300m down the middle. ;)

mike
29th March 2009, 01:23 AM
14 out of 36 matches played. this is travelling well.

haysey
29th March 2009, 01:51 PM

How's your "drought" going for you Solarman. You're getting crankier:-k

Oh, and my first shot was almost an airswing. :oops: Just clipped the ball with the underside of the heel (driver).

Apparently this shot failed to make the ladies tee by some distance:mrgreen:

Ned
29th March 2009, 05:31 PM
Oh, and my first shot was almost an airswing. :oops: Just clipped the ball with the underside of the heel (driver). If I had been using an R9, the combination of COG and MOI would have pulled the clubhead back on plane and it would have been 300m down the middle. ;)

Apparently this shot failed to make the ladies tee by some distance:mrgreen:

Tactical lay up ?????????:-k

cookie
29th March 2009, 06:55 PM
Lengthening that putter was the best thing for your putting. Now we just have to find something to fix your tee game, iron shots and chipping. ;)

Hey courty, did that driver even make it past the ladies tee?:twisted:
And i won by 2.
Good match solarman, better luck next match.:mrgreen:(haysey)

haysey
31st March 2009, 04:25 PM
With Solarman off to a superhero convention in Sydney this week (is mardi-gra this weekend?:twisted: ),

I will be playing my matchplay round against cookie at Cairns on Saturday morning....

Lets get it on Biarch:twisted:

Courty
31st March 2009, 04:44 PM
With Solarman off to a superhero convention in Sydney this week (is mardi-gra this weekend?:twisted: ),

I will be playing my matchplay round against cookie at Cairns on Saturday morning....

This better be more exciting than last weekends round. :roll:

Julie
31st March 2009, 05:09 PM
Oh No, I due for a game with Courty, why don't you guys just put me up against Tiger Woods!:shock:....I think maybe Courty should play blindfolded or left handed to give me some kind of chance.:-s

Courty
31st March 2009, 05:16 PM
Oh No, I due for a game with Courty, why don't you guys just put me up against Tiger Woods!:shock:....I think maybe Courty should play blindfolded or left handed to give me some kind of chance.:-s

:shock: I'm flattered that you think that about my game. But seriously, Cookie beat me a few weeks ago, and Mike has beaten me before as well. I'm very beatable, you just gotta catch me on the right day. ;)

Julie
31st March 2009, 05:18 PM
I can still remember how easy you made that 30ft putt look at PP.8)

Courty
31st March 2009, 05:32 PM
I can still remember how easy you made that 30ft putt look at PP.8)

Well, I am OZgolf's best putter (according to Mike). 8)

haysey
31st March 2009, 07:35 PM
This better be more exciting than last weekends round. :roll:

There's no chance. I'm back to stinking it up again:cry:

I know his achilles heel now Julie. I'll be in touch:twisted:

Courty
31st March 2009, 07:43 PM
I know his achilles heel now Julie. I'll be in touch:twisted:

:smt021

Ned
31st March 2009, 08:33 PM
Courty, you in Hayseys group on Saturday ?

Courty
31st March 2009, 08:58 PM
Yep.

Ned
31st March 2009, 10:37 PM
Yep.

So who is the other Referee ?

Courty
31st March 2009, 10:47 PM
Chopper71 (Andrew who you met at Paradise Palms).

Ned
1st April 2009, 04:48 PM
:shock: I'm flattered that you think that about my game. But seriously, Cookie beat me a few weeks ago, and Mike has beaten me before as well. I'm very beatable, you just gotta catch me on the right day. ;)

Is that why I couldn't get a game this Saturday ? :-k

Ned
1st April 2009, 04:54 PM
Tomo and Chopper going to be included in this ?

Courty
1st April 2009, 07:53 PM
Is that why I couldn't get a game this Saturday ? :-k

Nope, we already had the group organised & booked.

Tomo and Chopper going to be included in this ?

Too late now, they'll have to wait until next year. We're flying through the games now, but it's gonna slow down shortly with BrettM & Cookie's limited availability. I'm concerned about us getting through all the games (and then finals) before the Champs.

Ned
1st April 2009, 07:57 PM

Oh well if thats what it is then.

Would have been good time to play me, new woods and putter on home course. (Definite victory)

Trying to see if Tomo wants a game anyway (Julie stood me up)

If Chopper has to withdraw or Cookie has to do a Daddy dash, give me a call.

Courty
1st April 2009, 07:58 PM
Trying to see if Tomo wants a game anyway (Julie stood me up)

If Chopper has to withdraw or Cookie has to do a Daddy dash, give me a call.

Will do.

Tomo may have an opening in his group, you'll have to check with him.

Ned
1st April 2009, 08:03 PM
Looking at the other Match Play Threads, maybe we could assist our fellow OZgolfers in getting some action happening and start posting in theirs for them!:wink:

BrettM
1st April 2009, 08:09 PM

Too late now, they'll have to wait until next year. We're flying through the games now, but it's gonna slow down shortly with BrettM & Cookie's limited availability. I'm concerned about us getting through all the games (and then finals) before the Champs.

Pffftttt....

Now that bub's out, and my weekends are free (one day at least), I'm ready and will fly through my matches. Even have the wife's support.

Look for my name at the top of the list shortly.

Ned
1st April 2009, 08:11 PM
Pffftttt....

Now that bub's out, and my weekends are free (one day at least), I'm ready and will fly through my matches. Even have the wife's support.

Wanna game Saturday ?

Courty
1st April 2009, 09:00 PM
Pffftttt....

Hehe. No worries, but that still leaves Cookie.

Russell
2nd April 2009, 07:58 PM
im keen to play matchplay fri , any one with a day off ??

cookie
2nd April 2009, 09:58 PM
Hehe. No worries, but that still leaves Cookie.

Oh well, i won our match. And that was the only one i cared about anyway.:mrgreen:

haysey
2nd April 2009, 10:04 PM
Oh well, i won our match. And that was the only one i cared about anyway.:mrgreen:

I thought it was your next match you were worried about hookie mccookelstein

:smt098

cookie
2nd April 2009, 10:05 PM

Nice use of my line fat boy.:smt108
And it's on like donkey kong.:shock:

cookie
2nd April 2009, 10:08 PM
Pffftttt....

Good luck BrettM, i hope you rip the boy's a new. But not me as we have played our match.:twisted:

haysey
2nd April 2009, 10:10 PM
Nice use of my line fat boy.:smt108
And it's on like donkey kong.:shock:

Sure your wrist isn't hurting to much:roll:

cookie
2nd April 2009, 10:11 PM
I thought it was your next match you were worried about hookie mccookelstein

Nah. not worried, just don't want to give you any bonus points. :mrgreen:

:smt098

Good luck fat boy.:twisted:

cookie
2nd April 2009, 10:12 PM
Sure your wrist isn't hurting to much:roll:

Should be good enough.:smt038

haysey
2nd April 2009, 10:16 PM
Good luck fat boy.:twisted:

Got permission to play yet.....How many shots are you getting anyway

cookie
2nd April 2009, 10:24 PM
Got permission to play yet.....How many shots are you getting anyway

Yeah.:mrgreen:
Not enough.:twisted:
What time are we teeing off.:-k

haysey
2nd April 2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah.:mrgreen:
Not enough.:twisted:
What time are we teeing off.:-k

8.30am

maybe:wink:

cookie
2nd April 2009, 10:30 PM
8.30am

maybe:wink:

What maybe.:shock:

haysey
2nd April 2009, 10:58 PM
What maybe.:shock:

It might be 7.30:-k

mike
4th April 2009, 12:09 PM
...waiting.

haysey
4th April 2009, 02:28 PM
I am the worst matchplayer ever:cry:

That said. Cookie's a burglar:twisted:

And I need a new sandwedge:oops:

Julie
4th April 2009, 02:37 PM
Oh No!! Don't tell me that Cookie's groovey golf shoes, kicked your arse Haysey!!!!!:)

haysey
4th April 2009, 02:49 PM
Oh No!! Don't tell me that Cookie's groovey golf shoes, kicked your arse Haysey!!!!!:)

He was wearing a different shoe / belt combo, still very gay:mrgreen:

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to matchplay but:cry:

Julie
4th April 2009, 03:01 PM
He was wearing a different shoe / belt combo, still very gay:mrgreen:

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to matchplay but:cry:

Haysey, you must have forgotten to explain to Cookie how you were going to hit the ball and where the ball was going to land! You know that works for you.:D

Courty
4th April 2009, 03:04 PM
Haysey, you must have forgotten to explain to Cookie how you were going to hit the ball and where the ball was going to land! You know that works for you.:D

I don't think Haysey knew where it was going to land. :(

Courty
4th April 2009, 03:07 PM
1st post updated with todays result. I also amended the result of Cookie vs. Solarman. I was so bored by the match I didn't realise that Cookie won 2 up. :roll:

Ned
4th April 2009, 03:09 PM
So is it confirmed that Cookie is NQ OZgolfs biggest burglar after todays efforts ? (Long bomb on 10, chip in for birdie on 7. All off a 17 handicap)

Ned
4th April 2009, 03:10 PM
1st post updated with todays result. I also amended the result of Cookie vs. Solarman. I was so bored by the match I didn't realise that Cookie won 2 up. :roll:

Cookie is nearly the number one OZgolf Match player!

Julie
4th April 2009, 03:14 PM
So is it confirmed that Cookie is NQ OZgolfs biggest burglar after todays efforts ? (Long bomb on 10, chip in for birdie on 7. All off a 17 handicap)

Ned you and Russell will be fighting for that title.:razz:

Russell is on fire at the moment and he is playing comp today, wouldn't it be a shame if he lost more shots off his handicap, especially with tomorrow's big game.:twisted::twisted:

Ned
4th April 2009, 03:17 PM

Russell is on fire at the moment and he is playing comp today, wouldn't it be a shame if he lost more shots off his handicap, especially with tomorrow's big game.:twisted::twisted:

Oh no, not this little black duck, no where enough handicap to be in Russ and Cookies category!!!:smt108

They have WAY too many shots to play with.

Now if only I could putt.................:cry:

Julie
4th April 2009, 03:23 PM
Now if only I could putt.................:cry:

Well it would help if you actually used your putter!:roll:

haysey
4th April 2009, 04:21 PM

What Courty said Jules, I had NFI where the ball was going today:oops:

Oh no, not this little black duck, no where enough handicap to be in Russ and Cookies category!!!:smt108
They have WAY too many shots to play with.

Cookie will be back out to 18 after today's anchor dragging:roll:

cookie
4th April 2009, 05:58 PM

The chip in was on 8.:smt038
And i can't help it if haysey finds my shoes and belt sexy.:oops:

cookie
4th April 2009, 06:00 PM
What Courty said Jules, I had NFI where the ball was going today:oops:

Cookie will be back out to 18 after today's anchor dragging:roll:

By the way fat boy you suck.:twisted:
And i :smt079 you.

cookie
4th April 2009, 06:01 PM

Yeah Ned.:smt108

haysey
4th April 2009, 06:10 PM
By the way fat boy you suck.:twisted:
And i :smt079 you.

You shouldn't take the piss until you get a real handicap:roll:

And you chipped in on 7 ya spastic. Like a knife to the heart that was:cry:

Ned
4th April 2009, 06:41 PM

But I do, I even bought a Big Bird Special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russell
4th April 2009, 08:53 PM

but alas no.i got it back

mike
4th April 2009, 10:27 PM
Cookie has had his 5 easy games. He's got the 3 hardest left.

haysey
4th April 2009, 10:31 PM

Take him on at Yorkeys next sunday Mike. He's shit there......

mike
5th April 2009, 12:06 AM
Can't play next week

mike
5th April 2009, 06:03 PM
Courty, how's this gonna finish up?

Final 4?

Courty
5th April 2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I was thinking 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3, with the winners of those 2 playing in a grand final.

haysey
5th April 2009, 06:51 PM
Can we have an 8 v 9 playoff as well please:oops:

cookie
6th April 2009, 06:24 AM

Yeah i'm a bit worried about that.:wink:

cookie
6th April 2009, 06:27 AM
Can we have an 8 v 9 playoff as well please:oops:

You need all the match play you can get.:twisted:

Courty
7th April 2009, 09:58 PM
New thread started here (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13023) for my match against Julie. :twisted:

Ned
8th April 2009, 08:42 AM
New sledge thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13025)started for BrettM versus Ned Kelly! :lol:

Ned
9th April 2009, 08:17 PM
New Sledge Thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13043)started for Ned Kelly versus Julie here (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13043).

Now I reckon having to give her so many shots that she will do the floor wiping with me.:smt089

Courty
11th April 2009, 07:09 PM
1st post updated, Ned Kelly has taken a commanding lead.

Courty
13th April 2009, 03:09 PM
1st post updated.

Ned has broken away from the pack with a couple of big wins recently.

haysey
13th April 2009, 06:05 PM
Two more to play and it's all over....

thank **** for that:razz:.

Ned
13th April 2009, 06:10 PM
Two more to play and it's all over....

thank **** for that:razz:.

Or one game away from :smt079 Solarmanbag!!!!!!!:smt026

solarman
14th April 2009, 01:32 PM
:cry: Cannot believe my luck, after being nearly 3 months pain free with my back, I kinked it again on Friday morning and spent 4 days flat on back taking major pain killers. Lying down at work now on a bed in a back office.....feel bad as I want to get some matchplay in desperately. Seeing someone tomorrow arvo. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. :oops:

mike
14th April 2009, 06:02 PM
Bad luck , mate. Get well soon.

Is it shagger's back?

Courty
14th April 2009, 06:33 PM
Is it shagger's back?

You've obviously forgotten our conversation at Atherton. :lol:

Oh yeah, get well soon Bobsticle.

haysey
14th April 2009, 06:36 PM
Poor bastard has two walking sticks to get around at the moment.

I suggested a walking frame......or a wheelchair:mrgreen:

Russell
14th April 2009, 06:41 PM

have you asked about the bag.it seems he might not need it for a while

haysey
14th April 2009, 06:42 PM
have you asked about the bag.it seems he might not need it for a while

Ahh shit. No, I'll ask him tomorrow:oops:

Ned
14th April 2009, 07:25 PM

9 mm ?????

haysey
15th April 2009, 12:30 PM
Cookie and Mrs Cookie introduced a bouncing baby boy to the world this morning. 6 pound 12, so he's a midget. Just like his dad:twisted:

Congratulations my friend:smt023

Hope to see you on the golf course again someday:mrgreen:

tomson79
15th April 2009, 12:38 PM
Cookie and Mrs Cookie introduced a bouncing baby boy to the world this morning. 6 pound 12, so he's a midget. Just like his dad:twisted:

No more golf for cookie...

Congrats as well..

Julie
15th April 2009, 12:53 PM
That is lovely news.
Congrats.
I can't wait for Cookie to post some pics.:D

haysey
15th April 2009, 01:12 PM
Which reminds me.

Must buy the young fella a white belt and gay shoes combo so he can be just like his dad:D

Ned
15th April 2009, 07:52 PM

Yooooohhhhhoooooo Mrs and Mr Cookie Man. Hope Mother and baby are doing well. :smt038

Wanna agame on Saturday Cookie ???? LOL just joking.:roll:

Courty
15th April 2009, 08:04 PM
Congratulations Cookie clan.

Anyone wanna buy a cheap set of clubs... the current owner won't be using them anytime soon. :lol:

Hmmm, maybe I should buy that TMTBTPWB from him. :-k

mike
15th April 2009, 11:59 PM
Onya cookie.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/yumbotto/sesame-cookie-lg.jpg

Ned
16th April 2009, 06:25 AM
Onya cookie.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/yumbotto/sesame-cookie-lg.jpg

Regardless of being Gay, at least the shoes and belt would match!!!!!

NOT that theres anything wrong with being Gay Kramer!!!!

haysey
16th April 2009, 01:52 PM
For those interested. The littlest Cooke is http://gallery.me.com/haysey2/100063
(http://gallery.me.com/haysey2/100063)

mike
16th April 2009, 02:00 PM
Can he talk yet?

haysey
16th April 2009, 02:11 PM
Can he talk yet?

He whinges, just like his dad;)

BrettM
16th April 2009, 09:03 PM
Cookie,

Well done mate. I hope you have been staying with your wife at the hospital and helping with the regular feeds/changes...

It is still ongoing after 6 weeks if you are wondering.....

haysey
16th April 2009, 09:05 PM
The big wuss was hiding out in my office this afternoon:mrgreen:

BrettM
16th April 2009, 09:10 PM
Get in there and change those nappies Cookie!!!

Courty
17th April 2009, 11:19 AM
Can he talk yet?

Just like his father, all that comes out of his mouth is "Waaaaaaaaaa!" :mrgreen:

haysey
18th April 2009, 02:18 PM
Haysey beats Brettm 4 and 2

Sorry again Brett. The amount of lucky bounces I got today was slightly ridiculous.

BrettM
19th April 2009, 09:19 AM
As I said on the course, nothing to be sorry about Tim. I wouldn't have been behind all those trees if I hit it on the fairway!!

Despite the result and score, I really enjoyed myself given the company and the standard of the golf course. Mareeba was in the best condition I have ever seen it in and is a credit to all involved at the club.

Eventually it will all start to click again regarding my game. I felt like I hit it fairly solid but my short game really sucks. Heading out today at Sea Temple and again mid-week at Paradise Palms, so will get it back.

Cheers.

haysey
19th April 2009, 10:05 AM
As I said on the course, nothing to be sorry about Tim. I wouldn't have been behind all those trees if I hit it on the fairway!!

Despite the result and score, I really enjoyed myself given the company and the standard of the golf course. Mareeba was in the best condition I have ever seen it in and is a credit to all involved at the club.

Eventually it will all start to click again regarding my game. I felt like I hit it fairly solid but my short game really sucks. Heading out today at Sea Temple and again mid-week at Paradise Palms, so will get it back.

Cheers.

Sweet mate. Look out everybody else:D

Courty
19th April 2009, 11:12 AM
Eventually it will all start to click again regarding my game.

Can we play our match before that happens? :mrgreen:

Russell
19th April 2009, 09:49 PM
Can we play our match before that happens? :mrgreen:

ditto;)

solarman
21st April 2009, 11:04 AM
:( guys and gal. it appears my back is worse than thought. I am out minimum of 6 more weeks before they decide whether to operate. I can understand if you can't wait to accumulate points against me, so best I pull out or wait a little to see. Whatever suits everyone.
On a brighter note, they said they also can perform cosmetic surgery to enhance male parts, so at the same time I can save on hospital costs. I won't have to roll up those socks any more. :wink:

Courty
21st April 2009, 04:04 PM
Don't stress about it, mate. We've got until November to play all the matches (including finals). We'll just get on with any other remaining matches until such time as you know exactly what's happening.

Can they do a lobotomy at the same time as well? :lol:

BrettM
21st April 2009, 04:38 PM

Bwahahaha....

Don't pull out SM, if you do that leaves me at the bottom of the list :mrgreen:

haysey
21st April 2009, 06:14 PM
Haysey beats Brettm 4 and 2

Don't pull out SM, if you do that leaves me at the bottom of the list :mrgreen:

Not if the scores aren't updated.....:roll:

:D

You mean they haven't already:shock:

Courty
21st April 2009, 06:22 PM
Not if the scores aren't updated.....:roll:

Oh yeah... I better get onto that. :neutral:

Courty
21st April 2009, 06:26 PM
Oh yeah... I better get onto that. :neutral:

1st post updated so Haysey can gloat. 8)

haysey
21st April 2009, 09:30 PM
No gloating here. I can still finish last from here:oops:

Especially if Solarman decides to have his member extended:shock:

cookie
22nd April 2009, 08:52 AM
I just want to thank everyone for there well wishes and we are all going great!
Look forward to catching up with you all soon.
P.S. I've been helping out as much i can. Lots of dirty nappies.

Courty
22nd April 2009, 06:44 PM
I just want to thank everyone for there well wishes and we are all going great!
Look forward to catching up with you all soon.
P.S. I've been helping out as much i can. Lots of dirty nappies.

A little big birdie told me that you're a chance of playing this weekend! :shock:

haysey
22nd April 2009, 08:56 PM
A little birdie told me that you're a chance of playing this weekend! :shock:

I am losing weight aren't I:D

Courty
22nd April 2009, 09:04 PM
I am losing weight aren't I:D

Pffft, previous post corrected. :p

haysey
22nd April 2009, 09:11 PM
Pffft, previous post corrected. :p

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Did we decide what's going on this weekend??

mike
25th April 2009, 05:39 PM
Played Cookie today and he won 4/3.

Well played mate. Some terrific ball striking there. Awesome stuff.
The less said about your opening tee shot the better. Was that a ploy?

Haysey just plays better every time I see him.

Courty missed a couple of putts under 10 feet. Never seen that happen. I was stunned.

I only lost one ball, out drove courty twice, and had one brain explosion. (You boys know which hole that was.) ffs

If I ever go to lay up again, somebody stop me.

Courty
25th April 2009, 08:11 PM
Courty missed a couple of putts under 10 feet. Never seen that happen. I was stunned.

:oops: The magic is starting to wear off.

1st post updated.

haysey
25th April 2009, 08:20 PM

I believe the second shot didn't make it past the ladies either:mrgreen: It'll be a double jug from the hacker next time we tee it up:lol:

Haysey just gets fatter every time I see him.

:shock:

:D

He's got nothing.....

:twisted:

Wasn't your best. But you did get past the ladies..... I'm looking at you Cookie:wink:

haysey
25th April 2009, 08:35 PM
This picture really doesn't do justice to how fn bright this shirt is:mrgreen:

Courty
25th April 2009, 08:43 PM
This picture really doesn't do justice to how fn bright this shirt is:mrgreen:

You should have heard some of the comments I got at Cairns GC this arve. :-#

haysey
25th April 2009, 08:46 PM
You should have heard some of the comments I got at Cairns GC this arve. :-#

:mrgreen:

I'm sure my retinas are flash burned

mike
25th April 2009, 09:56 PM
I had to share a cart with him. My eyes feel like I've been staring at the sun all day.

Julie
27th April 2009, 07:27 AM
I didn't know that there was a matchplay event happening.....what thread did I miss.:shock::shock:

cookie
27th April 2009, 08:24 AM
Played Cookie today and he won 4/3.

Well played mate. Some terrific ball striking there. Awesome stuff.

Haysey just plays better every time I see him.

I only lost one ball, out drove courty twice, and had one brain explosion. (You boys know which hole that was.) ffs

Thanks for the match mike, it was great to be back out playing again.
And the first hole wasn't a ploy, just a bit rusty. Sorry if it put you off a bit, but i think courty's shirt put us all off a bit.:mrgreen:

cookie
27th April 2009, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=Julie;310852]I didn't know that there was a matchplay event happening.....what thread did I miss.:shock::shock:[/QUO

It wasn't an event, more like a last minute thing.

Ned
27th May 2009, 10:12 PM
This getting updated some time soon ?

:roll:

;)

Courty
28th May 2009, 03:39 PM
Yep. 8)

Courty
30th May 2009, 02:10 PM
1st post finally updated with latest scores.... sorry about that.

BrettM
22nd June 2009, 06:45 PM
Anyone keen for a game on Saturday? Don't care where (except here).

Matchplay wise I have a few games left, Courty, Mike, Julie, Russell, Solarbitch, anyone?

haysey
22nd June 2009, 07:08 PM
3rd round of club champs for me, Courty and Solarbitch this saturday. Next weekend might be better??

Not sure what the others are up to....

Russell
22nd June 2009, 11:21 PM
Anyone keen for a game on Saturday? Don't care where (except here).

Matchplay wise I have a few games left, Courty, Mike, Julie, Russell, Solarbitch, anyone?

i play mossman every sat arvo

Julie
23rd June 2009, 07:38 AM
Yeah come and have a game at Mossman Brett, the lady in the proshop is really nice and she will look after you.;):D:D:D

BrettM
23rd June 2009, 03:40 PM
OK, Mossman on Saturday it is.

Would the lovely lady in the pro-shop be able to book me in please?

Is a match against Russell possible in the Saturday comp?

Courty
23rd June 2009, 03:43 PM
I don't wanna play Brett until I am hitting it straighter. :neutral:

haysey
23rd June 2009, 05:40 PM

So this match will happen sometime in 2011 then.....

:twisted:

Courty
23rd June 2009, 05:54 PM
Wanker

BrettM
23rd June 2009, 06:52 PM

A cheap R9 for sale soon?

Courty
23rd June 2009, 06:54 PM
No no no... I lurve the R9, I'm just swinging like a spastic (still).

Russell
24th June 2009, 01:53 AM
OK, Mossman on Saturday it is.

Would the lovely lady in the pro-shop be able to book me in please?

Is a match against Russell possible in the Saturday comp?

that sounds good to me.afternoon ok?

anyone else?

Julie
24th June 2009, 07:19 AM
Our friend Kenny will be joining Russell and Brett on Saturday, anyone else from ozgolf want to make up the foursome.

Julie
25th June 2009, 03:46 PM
Brett, tee off time is 12.25pm Saturday.

BrettM
25th June 2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks Julie. I drove past the course today and it looked great, look forward to playing it.

BrettM
27th June 2009, 06:23 PM
Russell beat BrettM 1up at a great afternoon at Mossman.

With dormie 2, I won 17, but my birdie on 18 wasn't enough against Russell's par with a shot.

I was actually quite happy with how I hit the ball, just needed a bit of a break at times. The game seems to be coming back though.

Thanks to Russell, and to Julie for organising. Russell and I commented how the FNQ Matchplay seems to have gone a little quiet of late. Hopefully we can all get together soon as a group and knock off a few matches.

Cheers (and go the Wallabies).

Courty
27th June 2009, 08:03 PM

Congrats Russell, commiserations Brett.

I was actually quite happy with how I hit the ball, just needed a bit of a break at times. The game seems to be coming back though.

:(

Russell and I commented how the FNQ Matchplay seems to have gone a little quiet of late. Hopefully we can all get together soon as a group and knock off a few matches.

Yeah, true. There are various reasons behind it, not least of which are the fact the Cookie is now a dad, and we are also well into club tournament season. No need to stress, there's plenty of time left yet.

cookie
28th June 2009, 05:15 PM

With dormie 2, I won 17, but my birdie on 18 wasn't enough against Russell's par with a shot.

Thanks to Russell, and to Julie for organising. Russell and I commented how the FNQ Matchplay seems to have gone a little quiet of late. Hopefully we can all get together soon as a group and knock off a few matches.

Cheers (and go the Wallabies).

Unlucky mate.
But i think your a chance for win against courty.:twisted:
I look forward to playing golf again and some matchplay.:mrgreen:

Courty
28th June 2009, 06:12 PM
He lives!

Courty
11th July 2009, 06:43 PM
I've been stinking it up big time, lately. Brett will have a walkover next Sunday. :?

cookie
12th July 2009, 07:59 AM
He lives!

Yes he lives, but under a rock.:-s

cookie
12th July 2009, 08:02 AM
I've been stinking it up big time, lately. Brett will have a walkover next Sunday. :?

Count me in count for next sunday and i'll play Julie or Russell if they're keen.:smt038

Courty
19th July 2009, 05:21 PM
1st post updated.

Russell or Brett, can you please confirm I got the details for your match at Mossman correct?

Russell
20th July 2009, 10:27 PM
all ok thanks courty

Courty
1st August 2009, 12:47 PM
I know I've told a few people of what's happening with the finals, but I keep forgetting to post it in here. See the 1st post for details.

haysey
1st September 2009, 07:35 PM
Ok Solarbiatch.

I'm tired of you talking yourself up as some form of guru golfer when it comes to matchplay.

You can't keep booking this match then suffering "performance issues" at the last moment. (you know I'm gonna ask your wife whether this happens at home as well...)

Time to shit or get off the pot old man. Drag your crusty old manbag using, superman suit wearing, cleveland niblick wielding ass to the golf course and lets get this match over with.

:mrgreen:

Courty
1st September 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm tired of you talking yourself up as some form of guru golfer when it comes to matchplay.

Solarman... guru golfer? :shock:

haysey
1st September 2009, 07:55 PM
You don't have to share a driveway with him. You'd think it was tiger woods in lycra:roll:

mike
24th September 2009, 09:33 PM
We'd better crank this up again lads and Julie. Russell we'll have that mid week match in the next few weeks, ok. I'll contact you soon.

Where's Brett?

Solarman, you'd better start calling people out. 5 matches to get through, mate.

Courty, I thought you'd already played Russell.

We need to organize another big day out. I did the last one . Who's next?

haysey
24th September 2009, 09:38 PM
We'd better crank this up again lads and Julie. Russell we'll have that mid week match in the next few weeks, ok. I'll contact you soon.

Let me know when, I'll come and referee:mrgreen:

mike
24th September 2009, 09:41 PM
Russell and I won't need a ref, but you'll be invited anyway.

Haysey, can you organize a day off work if I give you a coupla weeks notice?

haysey
24th September 2009, 09:46 PM
Russell and I won't need a ref, but you'll be invited anyway.

Haysey, can you organize a day off work if I give you a coupla weeks notice?

I know, I'm just looking for a reason to get out of work.

In most cases 24 hours notice is enough. Especially with knucklehead starting on monday8)

mike
24th September 2009, 09:56 PM
Does he still play golf?

Courty
24th September 2009, 10:09 PM
Cookie is about to get booted from the Matchplay. Some of his excuses are getting really sad.

Courty
24th September 2009, 10:14 PM
Courty, I thought you'd already played Russell.

No mate, not yet.

We need to organize another big day out. I did the last one . Who's next?

I've said this before & I'll say it again. People should not be waiting for big OZgolf days to play their matches. All that is required is for them to play a match whenever suits and advise me of the result. As time is now starting to run short, I have to think about what happens if some people don't get through all of their matches.

haysey
24th September 2009, 10:15 PM
Does he still play golf?

No....

Cookie is about to get booted from the Matchplay. Some of his excuses are getting really sad.

The latest is it's his wifes birthday on saturday. How lame is that:?

haysey
24th September 2009, 10:16 PM
Who do we need to boot to get me in contention?

AndyP
24th September 2009, 10:24 PM
Solarman has several matches to play. Surely Cookie gets a reprieve until the caped one gets his shit in order?

Courty
24th September 2009, 10:34 PM
Who do we need to boot to get me in contention?

Ummm, everyone but you. :p

Solarman has several matches to play. Surely Cookie gets a reprieve until the caped one gets his shit in order?

Nope, I'll just boot them both.

mike
24th September 2009, 10:51 PM
Stop being so sensible.

Cookie only has one match to play. Against Julie. Where's Julie these days?

Julie
25th September 2009, 06:21 AM
I'm always here Mike.:D
Sunday is always a good day for me to play.
When ever Cookie is ready it will be fine with me.

haysey
25th September 2009, 06:37 AM
I believe Cookie needs a fortnights notice and an application in triplicate before he's any chance of playing:roll:

I'll hit him up today.

Julie
25th September 2009, 06:39 AM
That sounds good.:smt038

haysey
25th September 2009, 09:07 PM
Against my better judgement I've agreed to play Solarbiatch at Gordonvale tomorrow morning.

He's been informed that if he shows up with the chipper its an automatic forfeit.....

Courty
25th September 2009, 09:50 PM
Against my better judgement I've agreed to play Solarbiatch at Gordonvale tomorrow morning.

He's been informed that if he shows up with the chipper its an automatic forfeit.....

Oh, this will be fun. :mrgreen:

haysey
26th September 2009, 02:35 PM
Solarman wins 3 and 2....Now where's that rusty spoon:roll:

Courty
26th September 2009, 04:21 PM
Spreadsheet updated.
We need to put a rush on getting through some matches or else we'll run out of time.

mike
26th September 2009, 04:29 PM
Yes boss.

mike
26th September 2009, 04:38 PM
Shouldn't be that big a deal getting through the remainder. Cookie only has one to play. I get the feeling Brett will play whenever he's needed. Solarman is back on deck (and virtually unbeatable by the sound of it)

haysey
26th September 2009, 05:30 PM
(and virtually unbeatable by the sound of it)

Just don't play him somewhere he can get away with playing from 3 fairways over:roll: (Like Gordonvale)

AndyP
26th September 2009, 06:55 PM
Just don't play him somewhere he can get away with playing from 3 fairways over:roll: (Like Gordonvale)Sounds like Peter_rs.
Haysey, you should forfeit yourself for losing to someone that has used a chipper.

haysey
27th September 2009, 06:43 AM
Haysey, you should forfeit yourself for losing to someone that has used a chipper.

And he also owns a ball retriever. The shame of it all:oops:

haysey
27th September 2009, 06:47 AM
New thread started here....

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=373331#post373331

solarman
28th September 2009, 08:54 AM
Okay, let's put things straight. The chipper/hubrid/wedge/putter combo at no stage left the bag. The ball retreiver was a present given to me about 2 years ago and was used once before I was laughed at so much it got put away. 3 fairways over is a bit exaggerated, 2 and a half maybe...definitely but not 3.

Courty
5th October 2009, 09:56 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/political-pictures-george-bush-fist-bump-obama-showed-me.jpg

That would be a bump. ;)

Still some matches to played before the Champs. We'll probably have to abandon any finals & just award the win to whomever is top of the table.

More opportunitites here (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15627) and here (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15760).

haysey
5th October 2009, 10:11 PM
Hey, surely I should get some extra points for finishing all my matches first...

Courty
5th October 2009, 10:13 PM
Hey, surely I should get some extra points for finishing all my matches first...

Sure, you can have 57 bonus points. :p

haysey
5th October 2009, 10:14 PM
59 would be better....

Courty
5th October 2009, 10:15 PM
59 would be better....

Not gonna happen. :mrgreen:

haysey
5th October 2009, 10:16 PM
Nobody wants to play me in the final...

mike
5th October 2009, 10:43 PM
Still some matches to played before the Champs. Why? Does it HAVE to be done by the champs?

We'll probably have to abandon any finals & just award the win to whomever is top of the table.
That would make the whole exercise farcical. May as well draw the winner out of a hat.

Courty
5th October 2009, 10:51 PM
Why? Does it HAVE to be done by the champs?

The OZgolf year starts & finishes with the Champs. Always has. I'm sure I've mentioned it in this thread before but can;t be bothered going back through 30-something pages of drivel. Check the other matchplay threads for confirmation.

That would make the whole exercise farcical. May as well draw the winner out of a hat.

Put it down as a learning exercise... I've got some ideas on how to improve it next time round.

mike
5th October 2009, 10:55 PM
OK. You're the boss.

mike
5th October 2009, 11:07 PM
OK let's get stuck in and get this finished. I don't want anybody winning by default.

Ned v Solarman - Easy. They both play a lot.
Russell v Solarman - Not so easy.
BrettM v Julie - Should be easy, they're neighbours
mike v Solarman - Happening this Thursday
BrettM v mike - On my 'to do' list
Courty v Russell - Saturday
mike v Russell - Easy peasy
Cookie v Julie - Saturday
BrettM v Solarman - tough one there.

Still have 1 month 1 week 2 days to do this. let's go.

mike
8th October 2009, 09:51 AM
Playing Solarman today. I'm dropping in the Drummonds on the way through. Looking at buying a chipper. Going to fight fire with fire.

haysey
8th October 2009, 10:49 AM
Sigh...if you both show up with chippers, I'm out of there:roll:

Tomson
8th October 2009, 10:56 AM
Haysey will be the ham in the chipper sandwich.

Courty
8th October 2009, 05:36 PM
The inside info is that Mike flogged the cape-wearing, chipper-using, man-bag using turkey that is Solarman! :mrgreen:

haysey
8th October 2009, 07:18 PM
Mike was in awesome form today.

The only thing that saved Solarman from an epic beating was the many, many shots that Mike had to give him....

Glad I went. Was a fun day:lol:

mike
8th October 2009, 11:58 PM
Poor bugger's got a prolapsed disc. I felt sorry for him.

Courty, chalk me up for a 6 and 4 win. Woo hoo.

mike
9th October 2009, 12:36 AM
Haysey, Solarman, are your golflinks updated yet?

haysey
9th October 2009, 06:09 AM

You shouldn't.

Haysey, Solarman, are your golflinks updated yet?

Nope. Going to do a Courty on us?:mrgreen:

Courty
9th October 2009, 06:55 AM

So do I, but I don't see you handing out any sympathy my way. :cry:

Courty
9th October 2009, 07:00 AM
Btw, nice round Mike.

solarman
9th October 2009, 12:17 PM
Mike, I

solarman
9th October 2009, 12:22 PM
Mike, sorry but I am still lost for words. Sinking long putts and chipping close should not be allowed, but I suppose when you get to your age, you're allowed a few concessions. Still think you should buy one of specialist clubs lime like my 4in1 chipper/hybrid/wedge/putter combos.
Thanks for making the trip down. You had a good round (at least one of us did).

solarman
9th October 2009, 01:12 PM
The yellow feathered one keeps telling me about some "rusty spoon" and "bending over" that happened when Mike pummelled me yesterday 6-4, but I noticed that he too suffered a 6-4 loss to the tablelander.

mike
9th October 2009, 02:22 PM
So do I, but I don't see you handing out any sympathy my way. :cry:
That's because you beat me.

mike
9th October 2009, 02:23 PM
Mike, I

:lol:

One of your best, Bob.

haysey
9th October 2009, 07:54 PM
Mike, I

Numskull. Make sure you take your meds tonight.

The yellow feathered one keeps telling me about some "rusty spoon" and "bending over" that happened when Mike pummelled me yesterday 6-4, but I noticed that he too suffered a 6-4 loss to the tablelander.

True. But you didn't see me taking a 10 shot start and getting pulverised....

Courty
9th October 2009, 08:19 PM
Mike, I

That's the most sense you've made in a month. :lol:

Sinking long putts and chipping close should not be allowed

:-s What a short memory you have. I seem to recall you doing exactly this against Haysey.

That's because you beat me.

:lol: I don't think I get enough credit for how well I had to play to hold you out on that second nine when you came back at me. ;)

Courty
10th October 2009, 03:07 PM
Ladder updated.

mike
10th October 2009, 03:19 PM
Hey Courty, do we stick with the final 4 as it is? I have 2 to play and if I win both could possibly sneak ahead of Cookie. But that ain't gonna happen in time so if you want to start the playoffs, go ahead.

Courty
10th October 2009, 03:26 PM
Hey Courty, do we stick with the final 4 as it is? I have 2 to play and if I win both could possibly sneak ahead of Cookie. But that ain't gonna happen in time so if you want to start the playoffs, go ahead.

If there is any possibility of the Top 4 changing, then I'm not going to call it early. If we have to go past the Champs to get it done, then we will, however I'll be starting the 2010 NQ Matchplay thread straight after the Champs. If that means we end up running the 2 comps concurrently, then so be it.

mike
10th October 2009, 03:33 PM
ok sounds like a plan.

Russell
10th October 2009, 06:14 PM
that has to be the quickest update ive ever seen.
,no particular reason eh courty??:lol::lol::lol:

BrettM
10th October 2009, 06:42 PM
Woohoo, I'm in line for the Bradman award.

solarman
12th October 2009, 09:59 AM
Brett...you are to be commended on the state of the course. Aabsolutely fantastic considering the dry weather.

mike
12th October 2009, 02:25 PM
Agree with Solarman. Fantastic.
Better greens and fairways than Paradise Palms.

Courty
17th October 2009, 06:23 PM
1st post updated after Solarman's 3/2 win over Russell this morning.

Ned
17th October 2009, 07:18 PM
mmmmmmmmmm:-k

Solarman has hit some form, and he is my last game.:smt087

Was nice to put a person to the reputation today (Big Bastard too):smt023

Disappointed that there wasn't any Lycra or flashy colours flying around.

mike
17th October 2009, 11:32 PM
Only 5 to go.

Oi Brett. When is the most suitable time for you to play?

BrettM
19th October 2009, 06:12 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to wrap my games in the next couple of weeks. How does this sound:

Mike - Does this Saturday morning work for you (24/10)? We're coring here now so I can come to Mareeba. Will need to be at a TAB before kickoff of the Cox Plate however.

Julie - Are you free on Sunday November 1st? I'm happy to play at Mossman. My wife and little girl can come for a drive around and we could make up the 4 with Russell if you'd like.

Solarman - Saving the best until last. I am staying in Cairns for a couple of nights on the 6th and 7th of November. How about we play on Saturday November 7th at Cairns GC? Maybe a couple of the other guys can fill the 4.

If that all works, could each book it in and I'll be there. I would prefer all morning games if possible.

Cheers.

Julie
19th October 2009, 07:24 PM
That sounds fine Brett.8)

haysey
19th October 2009, 07:42 PM
Mike - Does this Saturday morning work for you (24/10)? We're coring here now so I can come to Mareeba. Will need to be at a TAB before kickoff of the Cox Plate however.

If this happens I'll come up as well...

Julie - Are you free on Sunday November 1st? I'm happy to play at Mossman. My wife and little girl can come for a drive around and we could make up the 4 with Russell if you'd like.

The old make my female opponent clucky approach. I like it:lol:

Solarman - Saving the best until last. I am staying in Cairns for a couple of nights on the 6th and 7th of November. How about we play on Saturday November 7th at Cairns GC? Maybe a couple of the other guys can fill the 4.

Is this the weekend of the Mareeba open?

Courty
19th October 2009, 07:43 PM
Is this the weekend of the Mareeba open?

Nope, but the Mareeba Classic happens to be on that day. ;)

haysey
19th October 2009, 07:48 PM
Nope, but the Mareeba Classic happens to be on that day. ;)

So it was the Mareeba open we played in earlier in the year? Want to see if Brett and the bobsticle can get into this as well?

Courty
19th October 2009, 08:35 PM
Why not?

mike
20th October 2009, 12:58 AM
Mike - Does this Saturday morning work for you (24/10)?
Nah mate. Not this Saturday.

Julie
20th October 2009, 07:24 AM
Make me clucky, hahahaha, my baby-making days are over, my next baby will be my grandchild.:D (giving birth is very over-rated).Although I do love other people's baby's as you can goo and gaa over them and hand them back.:D
Russell and I are going to the Mareeba Classic as well. Hopefully it will be a great ozgolf weekend.:smt038:smt038:smt038