PDA

View Full Version : Bag insurance

andylo
29th November 2004, 12:44 PM
Hmm... someone did mention a completely seperate policy for the clubs? Mind to remind me again?

I don't plan to purchase home content or anything because:

A: I have nothing worth in my house to steal
B: House mate don't want to share the cost

AndyP
29th November 2004, 12:52 PM
Amanda has mentioned it before:
http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20057&highlight=qbe#20057

Keza_G
29th November 2004, 12:56 PM
A-lo I have all my clubs and golfing equipment insured as "Specified Portable valuables" on my contents policy, also my Laptop. You can take out a contents only policy and only insure your things in the house and then specify and name your individual clubs, however they will only be insure any where in australia, not overseas... so if you loose them overseas you'll have to claim that on your travel insurance...

hope this helps

Cheers

Keza

markTHEblake
29th November 2004, 01:05 PM
Andylo, they only way to find out is to contact the club you are a member at.

Even though it's an AGU thing, not all clubs appear to have taken it on.

AndyP
29th November 2004, 01:10 PM
Dont overlook the insurance you get for free through your club membership. The clubs are unconditionally covereed for loss and Public liability anywhere within the confines of the golf course.

In other words if someone breaks into your car at woolies and pinches yoour stuff, drive to the golf club, have a beer, and then report it.
:?: Blakey, is this only within the confines of the golf course you are a member at, or any golf course?

markTHEblake
29th November 2004, 09:00 PM
Any golf course. Didnt you see me place my clubs in the middle ofthe carpark at Nambour with a sign "take me" on them.

Jarro
29th November 2004, 09:35 PM
Didnt you see me place my clubs in the middle ofthe carpark at Nambour with a sign "take me" on them.

.. couldn't even give them away 'eh :roll:

markTHEblake
29th November 2004, 09:54 PM
No, but they knocked off my tee's and pencil.