PDA

View Full Version : Flowergirl's daughters wedding.

Flowergirl
17th November 2008, 08:52 AM
Well - the countdown is on. Five more sleeps. I am so excited and will probably bore you all to tears - but in a few years to come ( and you'll be suprised how quickly it happens) it'll be your kids getting married and you'll understand the excitement!!
I went through last week saying I don't want her to get married. I really hated that she would be Rhy's wife instead of my daughter - when of course she can be both.
Now - I am just so excited. They are just perfect for each other - have been together since Year 12 - and knew within a month of going out that they would eventually marry. I knew within a week. And seeing that John and I knew the first night we met that we would marry - well just goes to show there is such a thing as love at first sight.:smt060
The only problem is the weather - 17 and showers. Can you please send some sunshine down for her special day. ;)

They are getting married at a little winery in the Yarra Valley - about an hour from Melbourne. Small wedding - 70 guests. Should be fun.

PeteyD
17th November 2008, 08:57 AM
Enjoy it. My daughter is never getting married ;)

Jarro
17th November 2008, 08:59 AM
All the best for the wedding Reenie.

My little sister got married at Stradbroke island the weekend just gone ...... plenty of crap weather leading up to it, fine and beautiful on the Saturday, crappy and windy again now.

Miracles do happen ;)

PeteyD
17th November 2008, 09:03 AM
Bloke I Played golf with on Sat morning was going to a wedding on Stradbroke ...

sms316
17th November 2008, 09:03 AM
If your daughter looks anything like you Reenie, then I am sure she will look absolutely stunning.

Flowergirl
17th November 2008, 10:56 AM
If your daughter looks anything like you Reenie, then I am sure she will look absolutely stunning.

And that my friends is the correct answer!!!!!!!!! SMS - that is just so so nice.:smt060

poidda
17th November 2008, 10:56 AM
My little sister got married at Stradbroke island the weekend just gone ......

Bloke I Played golf with on Sat morning was going to a wedding on Stradbroke ...

Yeah I'm getting married over there in May. Was floating about the place on the weekend and of course the Mrs was "bride hunting". :roll:

Jarro
17th November 2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah I'm getting married over there in May. Was floating about the place on the weekend and of course the Mrs was "bride hunting". :roll:

Little sis got married at South Gorge beach ... beautiful spot.

Stinking hot on the Saturday though :shock:

PeteyD
17th November 2008, 11:00 AM
1 post out of 1900 does not make him nice ;)

poidda
17th November 2008, 11:23 AM
Little sis got married at South Gorge beach ... beautiful spot.

Stinking hot on the Saturday though :shock:

ooohh, you were the pricks that took up all the parking spots when all I wanted to do was get a beer at the surf club! Shame on you! ;)

amanda
17th November 2008, 11:25 AM
FG - hope she has a great day - I've seen some fantastic wedding photos with overcast stormy skies (though of course I hope it's fine!)

And make sure you post some pics here!

Are you giving a speech at the reception?

Jarro
17th November 2008, 11:37 AM
ooohh, you were the pricks that took up all the parking spots when all I wanted to do was get a beer at the surf club! Shame on you! ;)

Yeah mate we had all the car parks :)

Reception was in a huge tent up on top of the hill ... great spot 8)

Flowergirl
17th November 2008, 12:06 PM
FG - hope she has a great day - I've seen some fantastic wedding photos with overcast stormy skies (though of course I hope it's fine!)

And make sure you post some pics here!

Are you giving a speech at the reception?

John is giving the "Father of the Bride" speech - which I wrote;) I'm doing a reading at the service.
And I will be posting photos as soon as I figure out how to!!

haysey
17th November 2008, 01:46 PM
Enjoy it. My daughter is never getting married ;)

Seconded:D

like I get a choice:(

Have fun Flowergirl, everything will go great:mrgreen:

razaar
17th November 2008, 08:10 PM
Flowergirl...the brides parents mostly always gain a son; husbands, for some reason, tend to have more interaction with their in-laws than their birth parents after they get married. Another male to train, my girl. :)

damoocow
17th November 2008, 11:34 PM
Reenie - hope you all have a great day - has John been rehearsing?.....

Jono
17th November 2008, 11:42 PM
Small wedding - 70 guests. Should be fun.

Small weddings are more fun, I reckon. 8)

Iain
18th November 2008, 08:40 AM
Best of luck Reenie!! I'm sure the weather will co-operate....

Flowergirl
18th November 2008, 08:58 AM
4 more sleeps now. :)

Flowergirl
18th November 2008, 09:00 AM
Reenie - hope you all have a great day - has John been rehearsing?.....

Yes - but he keeps getting teary - he's such a sook - that's why I love him.:smt060

chappy1970
18th November 2008, 09:01 AM
Rennie, I hope the day is a special one for your daughter as well as Johnny boy and yourself.

Eag's
18th November 2008, 09:04 AM
Good luck with it all FG, I hope the weather is better for you than what we are getting at the moment.

oobsadd2
18th November 2008, 10:16 AM
My daughter is 13 and the most special person to me. Spose ill have to learn how to share. I hope weddings are a long way in the future for me.
You sound like you are primed and ready. Hope you and your family have a super day.

andigold
18th November 2008, 11:50 AM
Good Luck Reenie & John, hope it all goes well.

I just had my son, Matt, turn 18 last week with his party Saturday night. I too was a little nervous before the party but for different reasons. :)

It went beautifully though with even the weather cooperatiing with us. There was only 1 kid who spewed and that was Matt. No fights, no gatecrashers, no dramas at all.

Phew!

Flowergirl
18th November 2008, 11:54 AM
Here's hoping that Stacey doesn't spew.:shock::mrgreen:

Courty
18th November 2008, 04:54 PM
Congrats to Stacey & Rhys, and you & Johnny Boy. Hope the weather is fine & all goes smoothly on the big day.

mike
18th November 2008, 11:37 PM
Don't worry too much about the weather Reenie. On my wedding day it absolutely pissed down rain and I've been blessed with the happiest marriage imaginable.

Small weddings are the best. So much more personal. I've been to some big Italian weddings up here ( 300 - 350 ) where the bride has told me she didn't even know half the people there.

Have fun.

Grunt
19th November 2008, 08:11 AM
When we got married in Maui the Minister was worried about the impending storm off the coast interrupting the wedding only to say that if it does rain on your wedding day it is good luck. It rained on the limo ride back to the Hotel. Has been pretty good since that day.

Flowergirl
20th November 2008, 01:34 PM
Forecast update - 14 degrees - rain - possible thunderstorms, gael force wind and hail. :shock:
Well at least it couldn't get much worse.:mrgreen:

Just spoke to Stacey and Rhys and they couldn't care less. They looked like children on Xmas eve - bright eyed and big grins. If they don't care about the weather neither do I.

Two more sleeps.:smt038

swanny
20th November 2008, 02:03 PM
looking forward to all the pics Reenie, best wishes to all

haysey
20th November 2008, 02:23 PM
I've been to some big Italian weddings up here ( 300 - 350 ) where the bride has told me she didn't even know half the people there.

Have fun.

Had 260 people at my wedding and I would have been lucky to know 60 of them:roll:

Next time I get married it'll be a small wedding:D

Courty
20th November 2008, 04:48 PM
Next time I get married it'll be a small wedding:D

You think you'll make it to a 2nd one? :smt108

My wedding was 90 people. 45 from my side were mostly friends. 45 from her side were all relations. :shock:

poidda
20th November 2008, 05:06 PM

My wedding was 90 people. 45 from my side were mostly friends. 45 from her side were all relations. :shock:

So you married someone with no friends? What's wrong with her? :roll: ;)

AndyP
20th November 2008, 05:08 PM
Courty was all she needed.

haysey
20th November 2008, 06:47 PM

Sometimes wishes can come true:razz:

mike
20th November 2008, 08:21 PM

90 people at an Italian wedding ?

Huh ?

You sure she's Italian ?

shazza_rs
22nd November 2008, 09:34 PM
Our guest list is sitting at about 100..... and thats pretty much all relo's, maybe 20 mates. Damn Pete and his catholic families. ;)

PS... hope the day went well Mum!

markTHEblake
22nd November 2008, 09:55 PM
Had 260 people at my wedding and I would have been lucky to know 60 of them:roll:

I had 800 at mine, by indonesian standards - thats a small one.....
I shook hands with every single one of them, thats the tradition.

and apart from the in-laws I kinda knew about 2 of them.

It cost $25000 and no alcohol. Ironic that both Dad and I were pissheads and we both got married at dry weddings. :-s

Jarro
23rd November 2008, 02:22 PM
Well, i wonder how the big event went ?

goughy
23rd November 2008, 03:13 PM
We had about 54 at our wedding, and only 10 at best were family. And there were probably about 10 that I met for the first time at the reception!!

Hope it's been smooth sailing FG :)

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 04:14 PM
Well what can I say!! It was the most perfect wedding ever. The bride was radiant - the dad was a sook - the groom was delighted and the mother - well it was just the happiest, proudest day of her life!!
The weather was so aweful it was good - if that makes sense. It hailed, blew a gale, thunderstorms - but really after they decided the day before to have it all inside it wasn't a problem. It cleared enough for the photos and produced some amazing light. The venue had a huge huge window that overlooked the Yarra Valley - magnificent. An eagle soared overhead as Stacey arrived - beautiful.
And she looked amazing. And so did he. They laughed and cried as they said their vows. She wiped a tear from his eye then she took his hanky and wiped one from his. It was just so full of love and emotion.
I have some lovely photos - but I have no idea how to show them to you.
They are on my computer - been able to do that much - so someone will have to hold my hand and guide me through the process.

NO apologies for this long ramble. Just to say that I just hope someday you all get to experience the wedding day of your children. Doesn't get much better than this.:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 04:15 PM
:mrgreen:Hey - how did I do that!!!!!!!!!! At least I got a photo there. Yea. I'll try for more.:mrgreen:

Jarro
24th November 2008, 04:16 PM
Congrats Reenie ..... sounds like the day was sensational after all 8)

Stacey looks stunning too ... a real looker like her Mum =P~:smt023

amanda
24th November 2008, 04:16 PM
Beautiful! Glad it was such a great day!

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 04:21 PM
Ok - that first one was a fluke. Don't know how I did it. Help!!!

Jarro
24th November 2008, 05:13 PM
Ok - that first one was a fluke. Don't know how I did it. Help!!!

How you going there ? We're waiting for more pics here :-"

Eag's
24th November 2008, 06:06 PM
Glad to hear the day went off smoothly Reenie :smt023
Buy the way, your daughter is a hottie =P~

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 06:13 PM
Don't know what to do???

Jarro
24th November 2008, 06:17 PM
When you want to post the pics, click the Go Advanced tab ... then click the Manage Attachments tab ... simply browse to where your pics are and click on them to add them to your attachments list.

Too easy :mrgreen:

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 06:20 PM
Try again............. nope ..... you see -- you assume that I know what I'm doing. Step by step.... every step...ok.

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 06:30 PM
try again:smt023

PeteyD
24th November 2008, 06:33 PM
You are not supposed to upstage the bride Reenee!!

Very pretty, good thing she looks like you ;)

Jarro
24th November 2008, 06:34 PM
YAY !!!!!!!!!!

Well done :smt038

Great pics 8-)

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 06:38 PM
You'll be sorry you asked for more photos.;)

Webster
24th November 2008, 06:39 PM
Where the wedding night/honeymoon pics?

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 06:47 PM
Last lot........for now;)

And thanks for the nice comments.

just
24th November 2008, 07:08 PM
Great stuff Reenie! Your daughter is a stunner.

Jarro
24th November 2008, 07:16 PM
She needs a taller husband though ...

.. i'm available :mrgreen:

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 07:23 PM
She needs a taller husband though ...

.. i'm available :mrgreen:

Ummmm..... sure.:mrgreen: He is a bit taller than her. She was wearing heels. Actually they were lovely ivory Alan Pinkus sandals with little .........don't think you really want to know all the details do you?

just
24th November 2008, 07:26 PM
Yes he does, he's drinking something with "fusion" in it, of course he wants all the details!

Webster
24th November 2008, 07:38 PM
If her name is Stacey, doesn't that make you Staceys Mom?

just
24th November 2008, 07:40 PM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5V_rXTp1yBU

Flowergirl
24th November 2008, 07:49 PM
I thought I'd got away with that for all these years.:shock:

kev
24th November 2008, 08:19 PM
Glad the day went well for everyone Reenie.

You can tell where Stacey gets her looks from!

andigold
24th November 2008, 09:44 PM
You look as beautiful as Stacie does Reenie, the photo of Johnny boy and his daughter bought a lump to my throat. So glad it went so well.

BrisWesty
25th November 2008, 02:35 PM
Where the wedding night/honeymoon pics?

Sorry Jack, you'll just have to live with the memory of Reenie displaying her undergarments at the Champs.