PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

jbhayman
16th November 2008, 06:07 PM
Hello all,

Just taken up Golf as my summer sport and partly winter recreation when I am not playing Lacrosse. Very keep at the moment with a set of Big Bertha 2006 iron and 3 x hybrids, Callaway bag, Smoothy buggie, Odessey white Hot putter and an driver that I am trying to convince my wife needs rreplacing from a Callaway FT-3 16 Deg loft Seniors shaft to a Ping G10 9 deg Stiff Grafite Red shaft... heres hoping I have to sell the Callaway driver first.... And no I did not join this forum just to sell the Driver.. (Prob sell it elsewhere unless anyone wants it !!)
My neighbour introduced me and I am very greatful !!

Jbhayman

Grunt
16th November 2008, 06:15 PM
Welcome JB,

Where in Oz are you?

jbhayman
16th November 2008, 06:21 PM
I am extremely lucky, I am in Cheltenham and I am literally surrounded by golf Courses. I visit Sandringham and Brighton Public courses quite often at the moment. In my 1 1/2 months of golf!!!! My Missus says I have to cut back on the driving ranges and just play on the courses from now on !

Dazza
16th November 2008, 08:13 PM
Welcome to Ozgolf JB.
Enjoy! :D

kev
16th November 2008, 08:29 PM
<snip>My Missus says I have to cut back on the driving ranges and just play on the courses from now on !

Definitely a keeper :)

Welcome JBH.

Did the neighbour introduce you to golf or Ozgolf?

jbhayman
16th November 2008, 08:42 PM
Golf....Ozgolf was the next natural progression

Definitely a keeper :)

Welcome JBH.

Did the neighbour introduce you to golf or Ozgolf?

Eag's
16th November 2008, 08:46 PM
Welcome JBH

chappy1970
17th November 2008, 09:36 AM
Well JB I am going to honor you with my 1000th post.

Good to see another Vic member. Nice little spot you are in there surrounded by some nice courses, my dad works at Sandy a couple of days a week.

Nothing wrong with Chelt public GC for a little 9 hole walk either. If my memory serves me correctly a bloke by the name of Geoff Ogilvy cut his teeth there as a youngster.

Keep an eye on the 1st tee thread JB, there are games posted in and around the Vic metro courses form time to time. Not as much as we would like, but it is building.

Welcome

Jarro
17th November 2008, 09:37 AM
Welcome to the jungle ... we got fun and games .....

:)

PeteyD
17th November 2008, 09:50 AM
Wanna buy a driver?

Jarro
17th November 2008, 09:59 AM
Wanna buy a hybrid ?

PeteyD
17th November 2008, 10:30 AM
Oi - get away from my fresh meat ;)

Flowergirl
17th November 2008, 02:17 PM
Welcome to another fellow Victorian. Hopefully you'll make it to an Ozgolf game one day. :smt038

jd_FRANK
17th November 2008, 02:30 PM
Hi all,

Thought I'd just post here instead of starting a new thread. I can see myself visiting here regularly to get through the work day! I'm just a social golfer these days, with a group of 12 or so playing a little 9 hole comp on Saturday afternoons. Used to be a member at Southern GC, considering rejoining there or somewhere else early next year hopefully. Cheers!

Flowergirl
17th November 2008, 03:03 PM
Another Victorian - hurrah!!!! We are aiming for world dominance now!!!

PeteyD
17th November 2008, 03:51 PM
Good luck Mexicans.

jbhayman
17th November 2008, 03:52 PM
I feel honoured by your 1000th post...... Thanks for the nice welcome !

Well JB I am going to honor you with my 1000th post.

Good to see another Vic member. Nice little spot you are in there surrounded by some nice courses, my dad works at Sandy a couple of days a week.

Nothing wrong with Chelt public GC for a little 9 hole walk either. If my memory serves me correctly a bloke by the name of Geoff Ogilvy cut his teeth there as a youngster.

Keep an eye on the 1st tee thread JB, there are games posted in and around the Vic metro courses form time to time. Not as much as we would like, but it is building.

Welcome

jbhayman
17th November 2008, 03:55 PM
Only if it is a

Ping G10 9deg Stiff Graf Red...Had my eyes on it for a while and it feels Ohhh sooo Goooood.

For the right price I will be your meat !! Haa haa

Wanna buy a driver?

Golfnut
17th November 2008, 10:41 PM
Welcome along JBH....sounds like a pretty decent setup for a newbie.....enjoy the game. I only strated playing about 19months ago and have found the whole scene very addictive, I somehow keep finding myself inside any golf shop I drive past.

jbhayman
18th November 2008, 06:28 AM
I got my whole setup for $1000 from ebay... I e-mailed him and made an offer as I knew the bidding would way exceed this price , everyone I meet on the course looks at my gear and is amazed I got it so cheap... thats good for me :) .. the guy was retiring from golf due to a back injury... I know what you mean I am addicted now as well... I work in the city and keep going in to look at all the goodies at Drummond Golf and on the weekend I visit The house of Golf/Gold world quite regularly now hoping that one day soon I can retire my old mans 16 deg loft/senior flex shaft for a new Driver !!

Welcome along JBH....sounds like a pretty decent setup for a newbie.....enjoy the game. I only strated playing about 19months ago and have found the whole scene very addictive, I somehow keep finding myself inside any golf shop I drive past.

CanuckDownUnder
18th November 2008, 10:25 AM
ello