PDA

View Full Version : 20 years...

goughy
16th November 2008, 09:58 AM
Had my 20 year school reunion last night! What a trip out. Firstly was surprised how many people still look pretty much the same. Secondly was shocked how many still live here yet I haven't set eyes on once since leaving school. Then was completely caught out by the person who's changed the most, not physically but the most quiet, polite, religious introverted girl in the class was swearing like a sailor, so drunk could barely walk. Kept blaming her digital camera for taking blurry photo's (they were fine, she just couldn't focus on the screen) and claimed she was a journalist working a police beat who gets her info by sleeping with and supplying 'stuff' to various cops!

Anyway, was a pretty cool night.

AndyP
16th November 2008, 10:35 AM
I had my 15 year reunion last night.

Some people who were shortarses are a lot taller. Some of the people who were the tall freaks seem to have shrunk. The people who always had baby faces were easy to recognise. Others I still couldn't believe who it was after reading their name tag (I fell into this category for other people). A lot of people I just straight out didn't know then or now.

It was interesting to see people band together in their old groups despite not seeing each other for so long. I spent most of the night talking to my two mates ,who I also went to primary school with, after not seeing them for 14 years.

goughy
16th November 2008, 11:31 AM
No name tags for us. There were a few 'who's that over there, don't remember them'. Only about 40 of us there which was about half the class. Was disappointed that not many had gotten fat ;)

We actually mingled pretty well. Didn't get too stuck in our old groups.

Grunt
16th November 2008, 06:15 PM
Had my 20 year High School Reunion the week before the Champs, was a good night indeed.

Moe Norman
16th November 2008, 08:10 PM
had our 10 year reunion in mid october.

Was a great night, and most made an effort not to mingle too much with those that they still see regularly.

LarryLong
16th November 2008, 09:33 PM
Only about 40 of us there which was about half the class. Was disappointed that not many had gotten fat ;)
That's because the ones who got fat generally don't turn up. :)

Neither do the wallflowers who faded into obscurity, which is why I will probably never attend any of my high school reunions. :)

markTHEblake
16th November 2008, 10:20 PM
My 20th was a complete surprise to me, as i had not had any contact with any of them before, most of the blokes were no different at all. Couldnt say the same about the ladies, I am afraid, you could really tell the ones that smoked (well obviously the fag hanging out of the mouth constantly was a big hint)

A couple of blokes i found really hard to recognise, until i realised they were teachers - i guess they must have been young teachers at the time :-)

We only had three of blokes that didn't turn up cos they are dead, two of those dying in NT while i was living there as well, gee that felt like a bad omen at the time

One bird who was a sweet innocent shy brainy one turned up dressed as a bikie with tatts, another girl didnt turn up and probably never will cos nobody will recognise him anyway.

and not one poofta out of the lot. that was a definite surprise seeings the strike rate is pretty high now.

Moe Norman
16th November 2008, 11:05 PM
I wandered into mine, to see a bloke I played heaps of Rugby with but haven't seen in 8 years.

"Awesome, Thommo is fat too!" were his first words to me. I was thinking the same thing when I saw him too :)

Grunt
17th November 2008, 07:39 AM
and not one poofta out of the lot. that was a definite surprise seeings the strike rate is pretty high now.

At mine, a guy came up to me and we were talking and he came out and said "you know I am gay", I replied "we all knew that at school" he was shattered. "How did you know?", "How could you tell?", were some of his responses. I just said we just knew.

A girl I went out with in the early years at school was making comments about why we broke up and I just replied "it was your choice, you missed out then huh". She was shocked, but we had a good laugh about it. She turned out pretty good too.