PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing November 10th 2008

Flowergirl
12th November 2008, 10:27 PM
Back to my home course - thank God. At least I know how to play there after my dismal display at the champs!!!

Par today - hot conditions - over 30 degrees. Bewdiful.;)

Front nine got away with a lovely +4 - 3 over the card:shock:

After the 14th was + 6 - then wiped 3 of the last 4:smt093 Finished +3. Worked out I had 22 putts on the back nine. How bad is that. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Shot an 83 - my best - but that was with 39 putts. What a waste. Guess what I need to work on. I should be happy with my score but how can I be with 39 friggin putts. If I had 36 - which is still pretty poor - blah blah blah. I didn't and thats that. Get over it and get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Down to 14.6:mrgreen:

Grunt
13th November 2008, 06:31 AM
Good work Reenie,

PeteyD
13th November 2008, 07:17 AM
Nice shooting reenee. 14.6! wow.

Coffs_Hacker
13th November 2008, 01:01 PM
37pts today at Coffs. Felt alot better than that, 6 1ptrs didn't help

9fir
8 gir
33 putts
2 birds (missed 1 from 9inch LOL)

schanop
14th November 2008, 09:47 AM
Seems like you have been golfing well lately, FG. Great work!

Had social 9 on Yowani's front yesterday evening and this morninng. Somehow, I didn't feel like I was hitting the ball well, but managed to grinded out a 37 round, two bogeys and a birdie. And this morning despite hitting the ball much better, but silly mistakes made it a 38 round, three consecutive bogeys, and a birdie somewhere.

Flowergirl
14th November 2008, 10:50 AM

Had social 9 on Yowani's front yesterday evening and this morninng. Somehow, I didn't feel like I was hitting the ball well, but managed to grinded out a 37 round, two bogeys and a birdie. And this morning despite hitting the ball much better, but silly mistakes made it a 38 round, three consecutive bogeys, and a birdie somewhere.

Thanks for your comment. Sweet of you.;)

chappy1970
14th November 2008, 11:14 AM
FG your are in the zone down on the Peninsula at the moment.
God help the poor bloke who comes up against you in Rd1 of the Vic Ozgolf match play next year.

What am I saying, with my luck it will probably be me.....aarrgghh

Bruce
14th November 2008, 11:23 AM
Play her at Westgate Chappy.

Grunt
14th November 2008, 11:33 AM
Played Camden Valley with Andrew this morning. Hit the ball quite well compared to the recent past. If I use AP's stat methods the figures could be better as the missed fairways were not that far off but they were off none the less. Putter worked well yet again with only 2 3putts and 8 1 putts.

Gross 92 Best gross score at Camden Valley in some time.
Nett 75
33 Points (1 wipe and 4 1 pointers)
4 pars
30 putts
4 Fairways
1 GIR
4/13 Up & Downs
0/1 Sand Saves

Next game: Friday next week.

AndyP
14th November 2008, 03:10 PM
10/11/2008, Colonial GC, OZgolf Champs Monday - Stab

12/14 effective tee-shots.
6/18 effective approaches.
36 putts.
-----------------
7 pars.
7 bogeys.
4 others.

Scores 46-43-89 stab 17-13-30

My third 30 pointer in 3 days. I hit it really well with the driver, with my only two misses resulting in finding the wet stuff. The approaches were better too (but a shorter course helps). The putting started solid, but went walkabout and I couldn't get it back. I seem to recall having trouble reading the Colonial greens the only other time I played there, but it was the judgement of length I struggled with. I'm always disappointed when I put badly, as it's the most stable part of my game.

Next round: Possibly the Brooky BBQ Bash on Sunday, 14/12. That seems a bit too far away though, especially since I enjoyed the golf on the weekend.

BrisVegas
14th November 2008, 03:42 PM
Next round: Possibly the Brooky BBQ Bash on Sunday, 14/12. That seems a bit too far away though, especially since I enjoyed the golf on the weekend.

come out for a warmup next sat then while coffs_hacker is in town.

razaar
14th November 2008, 03:43 PM

Played there in 2007 NSW Senior champs, nice layout but drought stricken at the time. How is it looking now?

Sydney Hacker
14th November 2008, 03:53 PM
Played there in 2007 NSW Senior champs, nice layout but drought stricken at the time. How is it looking now?

How is the NSW seniors played in the ACT ??? are there not enough courses in NSW ?

Flowergirl
15th November 2008, 07:32 AM
FG your are in the zone down on the Peninsula at the moment.
God help the poor bloke who comes up against you in Rd1 of the Vic Ozgolf match play next year.

What am I saying, with my luck it will probably be me.....aarrgghh

Yep - I INSIST next year that the first round is held at Carrington Park.:mrgreen:

Coffs_Hacker
15th November 2008, 11:21 AM
2nd rnd this week, Gotta love being unemployed 38pts in single stab. Should be off my lowest Hcap ever hopefully.

8 fir
6 gir
30 putts

PeteyD
15th November 2008, 11:51 AM
Back on home turf, feels good. 38 pts in single stab, 88/70 off the stick. 30 putts, 7 fwys, 3 gir, 7 pars, 1 trip :(, 3 dubs and 7 bogs. Gotta get in that birdie column.

Eag's
15th November 2008, 11:53 AM
Nice work Coff's & PeteyD :smt023

haysey
15th November 2008, 12:39 PM
Needed to restore my fragile psyche after last weekends adventures:oops:, so I headed to Gordonvale this morning.

Playing single stroke, had 75 nett 65 (par 70) with 33 putts:shock:.

Thanks go to Virge for the swing tips late on the Saturday night.

"Feel like your blocking the tits out of it and hit your irons like you do your sandwedge".

Nice to hit a tiny fade rather than a pull slice all day8). Now to find a putter that'll work:roll:

haysey
15th November 2008, 12:50 PM
Oh and well done Coffs, PeteyD and especially Flowergirl:smt06014.6 is great:wink:

Dazza
15th November 2008, 02:15 PM
Went for 18 holes this morning and managed a 97. Greens had just been top-dressed, made putting a bit tough.
First hole was rough, two balls into the water. Not a good start. Also placed one into the drink on 2. After 3, I got the driver sorted & began to find the fairways. Shot 50 for the first nine.
Came good on the second nine, wheeling off a few pars & bogeys. Rolled & twisted my ankle on hole 14, so that didn't help much. Also had trouble out of a bunker, so off to the practice bunker next week. Managed a 47 for the final 9, lost the plot a bit after I did my ankle.
Wife came for a hit, and managed to shoot 118. Also managed her first 9 holes under 60, so she's improving.

oobsadd2
15th November 2008, 02:52 PM
Almost played to my handicap today, havent done it for a while.
Par comp, Losses on the last 2 holes for -1 overall.
The course was playin particularly tough, actually the dcr could be a couple over par.

BrisWesty
15th November 2008, 03:34 PM
33 points today at Beerwah, think that's about my first round in 8 weeks. Included a quad & triple & 2 doubles. No birdies. 33 putts (couldn't buy one - left about 4 in the jaws of the hole), 3 fairways, 9 effective tee shots, 6 greens. 89 off the stick

jimandr
16th November 2008, 04:50 PM
An ordinary round, and an ordinary score of 31 points today. It was a strange round though. I always felt like I was hitting the ball OK, but the occasional horrible shot kept appearing just when I thought I was a chance of saving the round.

Fairways = 8 of 14
Greens in reg = a massive 2 of 18, but another 3 trickled off the back
Putts = 30, zero birdies, zero 3putts
Up&Down = 4 of 11
Sand Saves = 0 of 2
1 penalty shot

Matt 3 Jab
16th November 2008, 07:16 PM
Well.

Played apperley shield at boonie doon. Was +1 through 15 when i won. from the plates and never having played the course i was very happy with that.

Next was an arvo round at the Australian golf club. The wind was was blowing very very hard. I'd never seen the course before (i guess its not somewhere you go for a social hit every day). Playing off the plates, i had +15. Felt like a had +2. The greens are just crazy, all the pins were in 'Sunday' spots. Quick as hell, prob 12 on the stimp. Now i understand why hitting the middle of a green is called 'a good shot' on TV. You just cant hold the greens from any more than 160m out.

Play there again in a few weeks. Hopefully the wind stays away!

gregh
16th November 2008, 11:07 PM
played club pelican,windy & wet
frt9 42
back9 49
gross 91
net 72
1 bird
1 pen
still having trouble putting 38 putts,
3x 1putts
3 x 3putts
1 x 4putt on a par 3 when on for 1
best i've hit it for a while
still looking for a l/h blade putter if any out there

oz
17th November 2008, 06:39 AM
Played in the stableford event at Commercial Albury. Started like crap, and just wasted shots all day. I was +6 for the four par 5's, and finshed with 79 and 33 pts.

sms316
17th November 2008, 09:15 AM
Shot 9 under for 36 holes on Saturday.

In a 2 man ambrose.
Amusingly, I received an abusive text message while playing from DC, getting stuck into me for leaving the remnants of a pie & sauce in his golf bag. Wasn't me though :mrgreen:.

PeteyD
17th November 2008, 09:23 AM
Amusingly, I received an abusive text message while playing from DC, getting stuck into me for leaving the remnants of a pie & sauce in his golf bag. Wasn't me though :mrgreen:.

As if you'd leave anything behind!

Jarro
17th November 2008, 09:24 AM

Well of course it wasn't you ....

.. there's be no remnants :roll:

sms316
17th November 2008, 09:52 AM
Evidence that exonerated me at the judiciary - I don't have sauce.

The mystery continues...

PeteyD
17th November 2008, 09:59 AM
Yea eat it before the sauce has a chance?

Courty
17th November 2008, 03:27 PM
I played 2 rounds on the weekend:

1. 4BBB Stableford at Cairns GC. It was all a bit 'meh' as we shot 39 pts and squared the bet.

2. 3-man Ambrose at Innisfail GC. What a frikkin' joke.... 3 teams of 3 playing in one big group of 9 players :shock: on each hole! Took 4 hours to play 9 holes, every one of them on temporary greens. :smt013 We shot -3 gross and came nowhere.

haysey
17th November 2008, 03:31 PM
2. 3-man Ambrose at Innisfail GC. What a frikkin' joke.... 3 teams of 3 playing in one big group of 9 players :shock: on each hole! Took 4 hours to play 9 holes, every one of them on temporary greens. :smt013 We shot -3 gross and came nowhere.

:shock:Glad I didn't take you up on that one....How did Shrek go8)

Courty
17th November 2008, 03:34 PM
:shock:Glad I didn't take you up on that one....How did Shrek go8)

He (typically) made a weak excuse and wussed out. :roll: :lol:

haysey
17th November 2008, 05:24 PM
He (typically) made a weak excuse and wussed out. :roll: :lol:

For some reason, I'm not surprised:lol:

mike
17th November 2008, 11:42 PM
Do I know Shrek ?

9 in a group. Sounds like a friggin nightmare , Courty.

Courty
18th November 2008, 06:10 AM
Do I know Shrek ?

Don't think so.

9 in a group. Sounds like a friggin nightmare , Courty.

It was, Mike, it was. :cry: