PDA

View Full Version : Golf in and around Newcastle

golfnugget76
12th November 2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Everyone

I am heading to Newcastle for a week with work. Lucky enough to have a fair bit of down time so I am looking at taking my sticks with me! There appears to be a lot of decent courses on offer down that way.

Where should I play! Looking for quality and value for money!

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
12th November 2008, 09:25 PM
I'm a member at Newcastle GC & would be more than happy to invite you for a game in the Wednesday comp.

The only issue is that I live in Sydney, so tell me when you are there & I'll try to make it up there if you like.

AndyP
12th November 2008, 09:42 PM
Newcastle would definitely be worth having a hit, gn76. At least off the normal tees anyway......

golfnugget76
12th November 2008, 10:55 PM
Cheers Andrew that sounds awesome! I'm up between the 7th and 13th of December. I will have a better grasp of my schedule later this week/early next week. I'll be in touch. Thanks again for the offer!

Andrew
13th November 2008, 05:55 AM
Wednesday is probably my only day that week I can make it up there. There is generally no problem booking in visitors in the mid-week members comp if they have an AGU handicap.

It would have to be an early hit between 7 - 8am.

PM me when you know more of what you are doing.

Jarro
13th November 2008, 07:59 AM
Newcastle is a fantastic course GN76 ... you'll love it 8)

And the BlueTongue on tap afterwards is a great way to top it all off :mrgreen:

golfnugget76
13th November 2008, 08:23 AM
How far away is the Hunter Valley, is it worth a drive to the Vintage?

Not so Big Easy
13th November 2008, 08:58 AM
GN76,

I played at Newcastle on the weekend. Great course but definitely very challenging particularly if you have a tendency to spray the ball. If that is the case, make sure you have plenty of balls in the bag.

burger
13th November 2008, 09:56 AM
You could also have a game at Belmont, I think its only about 20mins down the road from Newcastle.

Very nice sea-side course in good nick & good value!

I played there a coupla weekends ago.
stu.

Tongueboy
15th November 2008, 07:01 PM
the Vintage is worth the trip. they have a pretty good twilight deal from 2pm. Newcastle is the pick and then Belmont I suppose. The others with the possible exception of Waratah are so so.