PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Champs Results - Winner Davemason

AndyP
9th November 2008, 08:02 PM
Congratulations to Davemason on his win this weekend, and becoming our 5th winner of the Duncan Bennett Cup.

I must admit that I didn't expect the Cup to be heading Bundaberg way. Well done!

--------
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/980/86841793bo8.jpg

GROSS IS STAB POINTS OF A 0 HCP

DAY 1
Winner Davemason
Runner up Bruce
NTP 1->Shazza
NTP 2->Poddia
NTP 3->Bruce
NTP 4->Iain
NTP 5->SMS
LD->Jack

DAY 2
Winner Peter_rs
Runner up Nuttedit
NTP 1->MTB
NTP 2->Rusty
NTP 3->Davemason
NTP 4->dc68
NTP 5->jack
LD->SMS

Overall
36 hole nett-> Davemason
36 hole runner up->Nuttedit
36 hole gross-> Jack
Ladies->Shazza_rs
Wooden Spoon->Eag's

peter_rs
9th November 2008, 10:26 PM
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/980/86841793bo8.jpg

GROSS IS STAB POINTS OF A 0 HCP

DAY 1
Winner Davemason
Runner up Bruce
NTP 1->Shazza
NTP 2->Poddia
NTP 3->Bruce
NTP 4->Iain
NTP 5->SMS
LD->Jack

DAY 2
Winner Peter_rs
Runner up Nuttedit
NTP 1->MTB
NTP 2->Rusty
NTP 3->Davemason
NTP 4->dc68
NTP 5->jack
LD->SMS

Overall ->Results at presentation.
36 hole net-> Davemason
36 hole runner up->Bruce
36 hole gross-> MTB
Ladies->Shazza_rs
Wooden Spoon->Eag's

OK after some sleep and checking what went wrong with the Wooden spoon result an error was found in the xls file that effects some results. (Sort function screwed up some formulas.)

Overall ->after finding the ****up
36 hole net-> Davemason
36 hole runner up->Nuttedit
36 hole gross-> Jack
Ladies->Shazza_rs
Wooden Spoon->Eag's

Apologies to Bruce and MarkTHEblake. Blakey, if you can get the prizes to Colonial/Rado tomorrow morning we can arrange for the prize to get to Jack via Bruce (kick in the teeth). We'll organise the runner up stuff from Bruce to Nuttedit. Sorry for the confusion.

Before anyone says something, Eag's is not the lowest score for the weekend, but two below him don't have AGU's and Johnny Boy requested it go to a regular contributor to the forum. :smt038

PS next year there will be no gross :( If we use the spreadsheet next year, at least there won't be any bugs in it ;)

amanda
10th November 2008, 09:35 AM
Congrats Dave!

PeteyD
10th November 2008, 09:39 AM
Ahhh I've just realised how my scores were recorded incorrectly.
Fridays game sent my hcap out from 11 to 12.

PeteyD has 11 punched into the computer.
I knew I knew how to score stab correctly after all.

Some handicaps were randomly adjusted to suit the prevailing conditions ... Pete did look em up on Friday, must of been prior to the Update for yours.

Eag's
10th November 2008, 09:39 AM
Congrats Dave that was some solid shooting.

BrisVegas
10th November 2008, 09:44 AM
woohoo! Top 10! The single-figure players didn't do much this year, which is unusual for ozgolf.

Congrats davemason.

GC
10th November 2008, 11:10 AM
Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone that organised the weekend, it was my first time at the champs and it won't be my last.

shavey
10th November 2008, 11:31 AM
Moved...

PeteyD
10th November 2008, 11:39 AM
Any reason to move from PM?

Jarro
10th November 2008, 12:43 PM
Any reason to move from PM?

Not really.

Unless KV suddenly becomes a viable option

just
10th November 2008, 05:57 PM
I'm on the move from bottom 10 for the last two years to top 10 in 2008! I'm a sure bet to win this thing next year!

Davemason
10th November 2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys

I've have already polished the cup and in is pride of place the trophy room

damoocow
10th November 2008, 09:30 PM
congrats Dave - you must have been playing the par 6 up there over and over as part of your preparation !

kpac
11th November 2008, 02:36 PM
Unless KV suddenly becomes a viable option

Birds are chirping that this may be a chance.......

nuttedit
11th November 2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for all your hard work boys doing the cards, a thankless job to say the least. I knew i had come runner up just thought there wasnt a prize for it. Really enjoyed the golf and look forward to getting into the between rounds action next year.
Nuttedit

AndyP
11th November 2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for all your hard work boys doing the cards, a thankless job to say the least. I knew i had come runner up just thought there wasnt a prize for it. Really enjoyed the golf and look forward to getting into the between rounds action next year.
Nuttedit
I've got your prizes, Mr Edit, so we'll have to organise getting them to you soon. Well done on a solid weekends golf.

Rusty
12th November 2008, 08:11 PM
well done to DaveMason, Nuttedit, Jack and Shazza_RS. thanks for a great weekend everyone. plus a big thanks to everyone who had a hand in organising. i'm just amazed that there can be a result announced so soon at the Champs, after the last ball's been holed (that's some flash spreadsheet Peter_RS, that i could just look over in fascination for ages). for me, it's just so convenient to have the course, accommodation and evening's activities all within walking distance. just makes things so much easier. cheers.

PS. Dave - if you come back with a 20'cap next year - there'll be questions asked :)

Eag's
12th November 2008, 11:15 PM
well done to DaveMason, Nuttedit, Jack and Shazza_RS. thanks for a great weekend everyone. plus a big thanks to everyone who had a hand in organising. i'm just amazed that there can be a result announced so soon at the Champs, after the last ball's been holed (that's some flash spreadsheet Peter_RS, that i could just look over in fascination for ages). for me, it's just so convenient to have the course, accommodation and evening's activities all within walking distance. just makes things so much easier. cheers.

PS. Dave - if you come back with a 20'cap next year - there'll be questions asked :)

**** the questions he will be knee capped :razz:

PeteyD
13th November 2008, 08:18 AM
We should of thrown him in the drink in front of 18 for winning ;)

BrisWesty
13th November 2008, 11:55 AM
Are there bull sharks in them thar lakes?
There is certainly a lot of bull elsewhere on the course. ;-)

Jarro
13th November 2008, 06:10 PM
Birds are chirping that this may be a chance.......

Oh really ?!?

Do tell :-s