PDA

View Full Version : Amanda the Great..... Lets get behind her

Keza_G
28th November 2004, 09:41 PM
How bout that hey....... :smt003 :smt003 :smt023

Amanda the great pulled off the victory she deserved.....

Go all the way girl..... :smt098

Let's get behind her Ozgolf.... :smt098

Cheers

Keza_G

Jarro
28th November 2004, 10:12 PM
Nice job Amanda ... well played :D you deserved that win for sure.

nice avatar Keza_G :wink:

markTHEblake
28th November 2004, 11:47 PM
What is it with all the women here - stacking their wall cabinets with trophies all the time.

When are some of us blokes gunna start getting their act together.

Ducky
29th November 2004, 05:09 AM
http://members.westnet.com.au/bencummings/images/rockon_amanda.gif

Speirsy11
29th November 2004, 07:01 AM
Well played Amanda! Congrats!

amanda
29th November 2004, 08:34 AM
Thanks all!

The final will be played Wednesday morning - and the weather reports say another stinker :( I think I will be carting it - Saturday & Sunday in the heat pretty much flattened me :smt073 .

Flowergirl
29th November 2004, 09:08 AM
Posted my congrats on other thread..but hey...happy to give them again.

Congratulations Amanda

AndyP
29th November 2004, 09:33 AM
I think I will be carting it
We weren't allowed carts in our matchplay comps.
Are you sure you are allowed?

Good luck! 8)

amanda
29th November 2004, 09:35 AM
I think I will be carting it
We weren't allowed carts in our matchplay comps.
Are you sure you are allowed?

Good luck! 8)
Hmmm - will check this out. My opponent has one of those battery operated push carts - so that might make it ok.

McMw
29th November 2004, 09:49 AM
Hmmm - will check this out. My opponent has one of those battery operated push carts - so that might make it ok.

those electric "powacaddys" are okay....
I don't think electric rideon carts are tho...

amanda
29th November 2004, 09:55 AM
Just called the pro-shop and they said to contact the Ladies Captain for the rules - will call her tonight.

Trung
29th November 2004, 10:04 AM
Just called the pro-shop and they said to contact the Ladies Captain for the rules - will call her tonight.

The blonde trainee chic in the proshop? Her name is Rinatta or something? I kept myself away from the heat by staying inside the proshop for 30mins yesterday :lol:

amanda
29th November 2004, 12:03 PM
The blonde trainee chic in the proshop? Her name is Rinatta or something? I kept myself away from the heat by staying inside the proshop for 30mins yesterday :lol:
Renata is our trainee pro - and a bloody great golfer too. She's taken by the way :wink:

AndyP
29th November 2004, 12:13 PM
Renata is our trainee pro - and a bloody great golfer too. She's taken by the way :wink:
So is Trung. What makes you think that will stop him? :mrgreen:

andylo
29th November 2004, 12:18 PM

Is she's actually a "HE" :lol:

Trung
29th November 2004, 12:30 PM

Is she's actually a "HE" :lol:

A-HO.... what the? :twisted:

amanda
30th November 2004, 02:02 PM
those electric "powacaddys" are okay....
I don't think electric rideon carts are tho...
Just got some info from the Ladies Captain - the matchplay is classed as a "Special Event" (rather than "championship event" - I think maybe because there is no qualifying) and therefore I can use a cart :D It just looks too bloody hot - plus I have to go to work afterwards.

AndyP
30th November 2004, 02:10 PM
Just got some info from the Ladies Captain - the matchplay is classed as a "Special Event" (rather than "championship event" - I think maybe because there is no qualifying) and therefore I can use a cart :D
So how did you get in the event, if there was no qualifying? Were all ladies eligible?

amanda
30th November 2004, 02:17 PM
So how did you get in the event, if there was no qualifying? Were all ladies eligible?
We put our names down on a sheet if we were interested in playing, then they did a random draw - I think we had 24 people - which meant it was completely random who got a bye and who had to play to get it down to 16.

I believe the Men's Match Play requires 36 hole stroke even to determine Top 32, then it's a seeded draw.

AndyP
30th November 2004, 02:22 PM
I believe the Men's Match Play requires 36 hole stroke even to determine Top 32, then it's a seeded draw.
Yeah, mine was 36 hole stroke. I just didn't know I had played those 36 holes, because the two rounds were played over two months.

Keza_G
30th November 2004, 07:26 PM
Ok mandy,

Is it tomorrow ?????

Go and tear that course up girl..... Confidence and Routine..... you've done it before, now it's time to do it again......

Bring us home that "Dust Collector"......Match play Champ......

Cheers

Keza

amanda
30th November 2004, 07:56 PM
Keri - yes - tomorrow! Can't wait - I am very much looking forward to this - a completely new experience as I've never had to give someone shots in matchplay before - must concentrate on every shot!

We are teeing off at 8.30am to try and beat some of the awful Sydney heat.

Keza_G
30th November 2004, 09:11 PM
Go Mandy Go.....!!!!! :smt023

I'll be thinking of you.......

all my best wishes and the goodest of good luck.....

CONFIDENCE & ROUTINE

CONFIDENCE in your abilities, I have it..... do you....?

ROUTINE.... remain focused on yours not hers.....

Do it girl....... your the one...

Cheers

Keza

Onewood
30th November 2004, 11:09 PM
We are teeing off at 8.30am to try and beat some of the awful Sydney heat.

Good luck tomorrow Amanda 8)

wavemaker
1st December 2004, 07:04 AM
all the best amanda, go you good thing!!!!!!!

Trung
1st December 2004, 02:52 PM
:smt056 :smt056 :smt056

amanda
1st December 2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the positive support everyone - but I lost 2 down on the 18th (she was 1 up going into the last hole and I just had a shocker).

Had a horror day with the driver - I couldn't control/predict the damn thing and it was going fade/slice/draw/straight in no particular order! I had my ball nestle up against the root of a tree 3 times :shock: Same issue with my longer irons as well. I tried not to think about fixing whatever was going wrong - just tried to compensate - but the ball would just go the other way!

I'm actually amazed I managed to keep the score as close as 2 down.

My putting was also awful - couldn't read a putt to save my life - nor judge the speed. She put in anything within 4m.

She has a handicap of 28, so I gave her 7 shots, but today, we calculated our scores and she played to about 23 - so she was definitely the more deserving of us to win. It obviously wasn't meant to be my year after my horrendous golfing display - I'll get it next time :D

Sorry to disappoint you all :cry: - but thanks for all the support! At least I'm still B-grade champion :D :D

Fishman Dan
1st December 2004, 02:58 PM
Was there any sign of the niggle or mind games as suggested?

No harm done is going down 2-down. At least you took her to the last!

amanda
1st December 2004, 03:02 PM
On Sunday there was a bit - but not today - we just had a good old chat & gossip as we went around!

AndyP
1st December 2004, 03:03 PM
Oh well, Mandy. :(

You did well to get as far as you did.
You will be all the more wiser, next time around.

That was Mandy's semi final opponent. Pay attention.

Fishman Dan
1st December 2004, 03:06 PM
That was Mandy's semi final opponent. Pay attention.

:oops: :oops:

I'm actually in a course at the moment, i should be paying attention to load-balancing Exchange servers ;) :smt024

[Where's the nerd big-frame-glasses-and-pocket-protector smiley when you need one.... :roll:]

Iain
2nd December 2004, 12:04 AM
[Where's the nerd big-frame-glasses-and-pocket-protector smiley when you need one.... :roll:]
No nerd smiley but this pic should do fine??? :P :P
http://img96.exs.cx/img96/952/fish9.jpg

Jarro
2nd December 2004, 07:18 AM
yep.. that's a nerd pic alright :roll:

careful Dan, or you'll take over from Blakey as the official Ozgolf nerd