PDA

View Full Version : Karrie Webb

Golfgirl
16th May 2004, 10:25 AM
I have never been a fan of Karrie Webb - the lack of smiling, and lack of media savvy just turned me right off her, but even I felt sorry for her this morning.

Rankin and Twibell sat there this morning and went on and on about how she has fallen outside of the top money earners and it was all in her head. I'm sure that they thought they were just being informative, but it sounded ultra critical....

The stats they flashed up were money list finishes, and goes something like: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 11th....

Me - I'm thinking not too bad really! :shock: What do you guys think?

McMw
16th May 2004, 10:46 AM
I always thought that she suffered the same fate as David Duval...
she had reached her Mt Everest (whatever that may have been) and have just either lost interest or the drive...

kudos to her tho...at least she's still making leaderboard apperances now and then... :D

Golfgirl
16th May 2004, 10:54 AM
Apparently Karrie said in an interview that regaining her winning form is the hardest thing she's had to do - so it sounds like she still has the drive, and I saw her hit some impressive shots this morning, so I don't think it is her form... :? :? Don't know what it is?? :?

Maybe being so far away from her coach has finally taken its toll, although I note that she now has Ian Triggs as part of the "coaching team"..... :wink:

goughy
16th May 2004, 10:57 AM
She hasn't been the same since the death of her grandfather, and I think not being there in time has taken a toll on her.

Also, I don't think she is really that worried about it. If she wanted to do the work many others do then she would be back on top.

I think she has more natural talent than a lot of people, just not that interested in the extra hard yards that some have done to get past her. I just used to love watching her short iron swing. It was beautiful.

mike
16th May 2004, 11:13 AM
I like Karrie

IMO one of THE best swings in golf, male or female.

markTHEblake
16th May 2004, 12:29 PM
I have never been a fan of Karrie Webb - the lack of smiling, and lack of media savvy just turned me right off her, but even I felt sorry for her this morning.

Freind of mine has a young daughter (13or 14) who idolised Karrie Webb, the bedroom adorned with photo's the usual stuff. One time it was arranged for her to privately meet Karrie and she was told how much the young lady adored her.

Forgot the rest of the story, but something like Karrie hardly spoke at all gave an autograph and was totally disinterested, and lasted a minute or so.

Needless to say the pictures in the bedroom are gone.

Its one thing to be like that on the course, but off it as well ?

Onewood
16th May 2004, 01:35 PM
I think she's finaly realised that she had to do some work on her body aswell :roll: she has lost a lot of weight and actually looks good :wink: now I hope she can find some form again :)

goughy
16th May 2004, 03:31 PM
She just needs to pick here chin up now.

Seriously. I think she left it somewhere a few years ago because she really has no chin. :lol:

AndyP
16th May 2004, 07:54 PM
11th on the money list. That crap! :shock: :roll:
Everyone is entitled to having downtime in form.

markTHEblake
16th May 2004, 10:36 PM
Maybe she should just settle down get married and have some kids. Funny that none of these women golfers (except Annika) seem to get married.

drunken
17th May 2004, 01:58 PM
MTB what are you trying to say???? [-X :roll:

jaster
17th May 2004, 03:39 PM
Your story blakey makes me sick to think that someone would do this to a young child who idolises you so much :? What a B1tch!!!

While her slump is hardly as bad as David Duvals, for someone who so dominated womens golf when she come on the scene she really has fallen off quite a bit. I personally agree with the above that she has it too easy, never had to work a hard day in her life...EVER :shock: A change in swing coach is also telling me that she has a few mental issues that maybe weren't there in the past!!

Fishman Dan
17th May 2004, 04:07 PM
Maybe she should just settle down get married and have some kids. Funny that none of these women golfers (except Annika) seem to get married.

Open that can of worms! Go on, i dare ya!

Golfgirl
17th May 2004, 05:43 PM
Actually, quite a few of the LPGA players are married, and quite a few of them have children. The LPGA provides childcare to the players children while they are at tournaments. (I need to get better and start playing the LPGA tour.. :lol: :wink: )

The LPGA website has had a few wedding photos of players, and I notice every now and then when I am watching that a player's surname has suddenly become hyphenated....

I think that lesbians (can I type that out loud here, we're all big people aren't we? :? ) are probably in the minority on the tour, but for some reason are viewed as a majority group - maybe because playing golf for a living is seen as a somewhat masculine occupation... :roll:

jaster
17th May 2004, 06:58 PM
Interesting article...

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,6903,482447,00.html

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 08:00 AM
Yeah - good article - very witty, but I still don't think that the lesbian head count on the LPGA would be as high as 50% as claimed in this article.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I wonder with all of this girl-on-girl pool party action going on that there aren't more men interested in women's golf.... most men seem positively fascinated by the idea of lesbians.... :? :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
18th May 2004, 08:06 AM
I wonder with all of this girl-on-girl pool party action going on that there aren't more men interested in women's golf....

Because that doesn't change the fact they've all got legs like billiard tables....

Um, so i've heard anyway... a mate told me.. um, i better get out of this thread now..

jaster
18th May 2004, 03:32 PM
I wonder with all of this girl-on-girl pool party action going on that there aren't more men interested in women's golf....

Because that doesn't change the fact they've all got legs like billiard tables....

Um, so i've heard anyway... a mate told me.. um, i better get out of this thread now..

LOL :roll:

markTHEblake
18th May 2004, 04:59 PM
most men seem positively fascinated by the idea of lesbians.... :? :lol: :lol:

Well i was until the time i heard that the Lesbians were doing a protest march through the city, and all of us went along for the perve. Shaved heads and hairy legs, wasnt quite like a video I saw once - better looking heads and legs at the last Ozgolf day i attended in fact.

The word from two freinds of mine that work in the golf industry is that it is 'rife' in the LPGA (except for the Asians ) and that a figure of 50% is rather conservative. I specifically say LPGA and not other tours becuase it according to these two, that the LPGA has a 'culture' and new players are pretty much inducted or even pressured into this culture.

Is it any wonder that Karrie dumped her fiance, and hasnt been linked to any male since. On the other hand a Pro freind of mine has seen with his own eyes Karrie 'linked' quite closely with a freind - that'll teach him for opening doors left ajar at parties.

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 06:48 PM
most men seem positively fascinated by the idea of lesbians.... :? :lol: :lol:

The word from two freinds of mine that work in the golf industry is that it is 'rife' in the LPGA (except for the Asians ) and that a figure of 50% is rather conservative. I specifically say LPGA and not other tours becuase it according to these two, that the LPGA has a 'culture' and new players are pretty much inducted or even pressured into this culture.

Really!?!? That's terrible! :shock: :?

Daves
28th February 2011, 10:34 AM
I couldn't help resurrecting an old thread for this, and this one is a classic!

Karrie won the HSBC Champions yesterday in great fashion. Not too many have been able to run down Yani Tseng in the final round, but Karrie did it with 5 birdies on the back nine.

TheTrueReview
28th February 2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah, hope this win is the start of a resurgence by Karrie. She still has all the skills.

PeteyD
28th February 2011, 10:54 AM
Awesome stuff to see her win again. SMS will be rubbing it off something shocking.

razaar
28th February 2011, 12:01 PM
I may be wrong but was she playing with a putter that has adjustible sight lines?

Numpty
28th February 2011, 05:18 PM
Who'd want to be seen dead with Laura Davies anyway? :)

Jarro
28th February 2011, 05:23 PM
Nice win to Karrie :) She still has an awesome swing 8)

Is she still a lesbian ?

Eag's
28th February 2011, 05:28 PM
Yoss might know, he hangs around the same bars :razz:

razaar
28th February 2011, 05:30 PM
Nice win to Karrie :) She still has an awesome swing 8)

Is she still a lesbian ?

I still look for her adams apple.:?

Jarro
28th February 2011, 05:31 PM
I still look for her adams apple.:?

I dunno what it is, but she's starting to become more appealing to the male population (well to me anyway)

Man she has a great swing though, great action happening right there 8)

Goldy
28th February 2011, 07:57 PM
I dunno what it is, but she's starting to become more appealing to the male population (well to me anyway)

:shock:

markTHEblake
28th February 2011, 11:28 PM

we had this conversation a year ago, she is looking more 'feminine' since at least last years Royal Pines . and someone piped up to say they heard she is no longer a vegetarian.

Daves
1st March 2011, 07:58 AM
we had this conversation a year ago, she is looking more 'feminine' since at least last years Royal Pines . and someone piped up to say they heard she is no longer a vegetarian.

Geez Blakey, you have disappoiunted me. I revived this thread so we could get an update from you on your last post.;)

markTHEblake
1st March 2011, 09:25 PM
I only click on the "new post" button. Sorry Dave, now new info on Karrie
Much more was said about her in another thread a year ago

mike
2nd March 2011, 05:27 PM
She still has an awesome swing 8)

Agree Jarro. Best swing in world golf.

Yossarian
2nd March 2011, 05:29 PM
Do people actually find her attractive?

Ferrins
2nd March 2011, 05:32 PM
In another life, I am married to Karrie Webb and we are very happy.

Goldy
2nd March 2011, 06:39 PM

:shock::shock::shock:

PeteyD
2nd March 2011, 07:46 PM
In another life I shagged Ferrins Mrs and left happy.

Ferrins
2nd March 2011, 07:57 PM
Which one?

sms316
2nd March 2011, 08:39 PM

That's my other life. Piss off!

Goldy
2nd March 2011, 08:49 PM
Do people actually find her attractive?

I would rather nail my d**k to a burning building.

Ferrins
3rd March 2011, 05:32 AM
Think of all the free golf gear and the late night girl on girl shows.

Goldy
3rd March 2011, 08:59 AM
You may have just turned me around on this whole thing, Ferrins.

Ok. I'm in.

Do I get to choose who the other girl is? I do have a whole Michelle Wie thing going.

Karrie doesn't even need to join in - she can sit in the corner and watch. Won't take long.

BrisWesty
3rd March 2011, 11:23 PM

How very sapphic of you! ;-) Are you the big spoon or the little spoon!

Dcanto
4th March 2011, 08:55 AM

Is that the life where you have a vagina and same-sex marriage is legal? ;)

raidrboy
6th March 2011, 07:03 PM
Yeah, hope this win is the start of a resurgence by Karrie. She still has all the skills.

I hope you are right I believe she still has the drive to mix it with the best on the LPGA tour. She is not a very emotional person and that could be a reason for the stony faced appearance that she shows on tour. But good on her for getting back into the winners circle in a strong field event.

raidrboy
21st March 2011, 10:57 AM
Karrie Webb has had another win on the LPGA Tour this time by 1 shot over Paula Creamer at the RR Donnelly Founders Cup in Arizona. There was no purse for the tournament but still a good win against some quality oppsition.

raidrboy
21st March 2011, 01:46 PM
The home page of the LPGA reported that there was no purse for Donnelly Founders Cup but checking back Karrie collected $150,000 thousand 1st place so she would be probably close to leading the money list at present.

sms316
21st March 2011, 07:25 PM
And she looked hot doing it.

Daves
21st March 2011, 08:08 PM
The home page of the LPGA reported that there was no purse for Donnelly Founders Cup but checking back Karrie collected $150,000 thousand 1st place so she would be probably close to leading the money list at present.

There was actually a total of $1M US prize money, but it is all automatically donated to charity. Presumably in the name of the winning players. Not sure if the players get credited for it tour wise though?

Edit, yes they are. Here is the notes off the results page on the LGPA site;

"The RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup (http://www.lpga.com/lpgafounderscup.aspx?mid=1&pid=0) has committed to charity the $1 million purse, with $500,000 going to LPGA-USGA Girls Golf and $500,000 going to the top-10 finishers’ designated charities. The RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup will donate the full amount of the purse to charity—$1 million—while maintaining its designed competitive environment by attributing winnings to the players for purposes of the 2011 LPGA Official money list"

Goldy
21st March 2011, 08:11 PM
And she looked hot doing it.

Sure did.

:shock::shock::shock:

PeteyD
21st March 2011, 10:13 PM
Sean is a true Aussie. His other flog sock picture is of Dawn Fraser.

Ned
21st March 2011, 10:34 PM
On the old 18th (Par 5) at Paradise Palms, she hit driver 4 iron into the green with a great amount of ease as an amateur when the Japs were throwing a heap of prize money around for events in the 90's.

Was comfortably hitting it around 260-270 of most tees.

Ferrins
3rd June 2013, 06:39 AM
Well done on the win today at the Shoprite.

Mububban
3rd June 2013, 03:17 PM
5 shots down and wins by 2, great effort. 39th win on the LPGA Tour, what a champion.

pt73
3rd June 2013, 03:35 PM
A very impressive career:

VICTORIES
- LPGA: 39th career victory and her first on the LPGA Tour since the 2011 RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup; Seven-time major champion
- Moves into sole position of 11th all-time on the LPGA Tour Career Wins List
- International: 53rd career win worldwide which includes her victory at the 2013 Volvik RACV Ladies Masters back in February (co-sanctioned by the ALPG and the LET)

MONEY
CAREER: With the $225,000 first-place check, Karrie remains second on the LPGA Career Money List with $17,883,341
SEASON: Karrie has earned $481,123 this season and is fifth on the2013 LPGA Tour Official Money List

sms316
3rd June 2013, 03:39 PM
She is the best.

spanner039
3rd June 2013, 04:12 PM
Great effort, I loved seeing them play on a decent old course and watched most of it over the muirfield village men's event.

Had to put up with comments from the bride like "womans golf now, your pathetic" usually said while Wie was putting.

solarbear
3rd June 2013, 10:24 PM
Guessing she is the Winningest Aussie golfer by quite a Margin.

I wonder if she is just shy. She does not seem to enjoy the media.

PeteyD
3rd June 2013, 10:35 PM
Nah she is just a sour faced old cow at times. But she is a hell of a golfer.

Hatchman
4th June 2013, 04:48 PM
If sour puss smiled it would be wind.

Mububban
29th July 2013, 10:31 AM
The champ wins again (http://www.foxsports.com.au/golf/australian-golfer-karrie-webb-wins-european-ladies-masters-tournament-in-england/story-e6frf3oc-1226687358772#.UfXFSGQmka4). 7 under in the final round to win by 3.

AUSSIE golf star Karrie Webb has closed with a round of 65 to vault into first place and win the ISPS Handa Ladies European Masters at Buckinghamshire Golf Club.

Let's hope she can take out the women's British Open, playing at St Andrews.

backintheswing
29th July 2013, 10:43 AM
SMS will get wood out of this.

sms316
29th July 2013, 11:01 AM
SMS will get wood out of this.
Not until August. ;)

I'm very happy for her though.

highballin
8th February 2014, 08:09 AM
Very dissapointing for Karrie and no doubt event organisers. Goes to show basics are for everyone like check your card!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/golf/karrie-webb-disqualified-from-australian-masters-over-scoring-error/story-fnaxw0m2-1226820978881

solarbear
8th February 2014, 11:17 PM
Bummer. Bad way to bow out of a tournament.

TR66
9th February 2014, 03:09 AM
Bloody cheat, only joking folks.

What a wonderful ambassador for the game of golf, even though she wasn't travelling so good I think she night of pick up a few shots on the leaders today,
It was pretty poor watching on the ABC this arvo, not a lot happening apart from Min Jin Lee (spelling) when we got to see her, although Tigers cuz looks the goods.
I guess that's all our ABC can do I suppose with our money. Any golf is better than nothing. Great interviews also.

Just read the above and realised i am a hypocrite of the highest order.

sol381
9th February 2014, 06:04 AM
Dumbest rule in sport.. How many other sports are self governing. If you mark it wrong let the organizes fix it up and get on with it.. Its not like her score wasn't posted even before she entered the scoring tent…Obviously some would take advantage of it but if an honest mistake was made correct it and get on with it.. Its 2014 there are cameras everywhere..Its not like you can cheat easily on tour.. For smaller non televised events maybe its harder but something this big its crazy..

markTHEblake
9th February 2014, 06:58 AM
So you want different rules for the professionals?

sol381
17th February 2014, 07:24 AM
Doesn't really bother me either way but not sure why there has to be different rules.. If we mark an incorrect score in a sunday club match why can't that be corrected too.. Either way i just think its a bit harsh ..Its just a scorecard, its not the declaration of independence.. If we make a mistake so what ..If they make a mistake could cost the tournament and $100,000s in prize money.. Its not like they couldn't have a scorer with each group..They have someone carrying a pole withe players names and their score so let them keep the numbers... Could imagine the uproar if adam scott signed for an incorrect card on sunday at the masters last year..ANYWAY...Just my opinion as usual so no biting my head off.

billp
17th February 2014, 09:26 AM
I have always liked Karrie, and her victory in the conditions yesterday was amazing. Some really good coverage on the ABC as well.
As for the media, not everyone can be trained to have a personality, but given the fact she is from Ayr I think so does pretty damm well. Wish they would stop talking to some of the footy guys during the season as well, some of the interviews during the year really make you cringe.

I am guessing the people that critisise her have never talked to someone from Ayr before, everyone is a little slower from there :).

highballin
17th February 2014, 10:29 AM
Really enjoyed watching the ladies yesterday. Karrie played great golf and deserved the win.

Thought the coverage was good but would have liked to know what club they were using more often like they tell you when the men are playing.

wazandnic
17th February 2014, 10:44 AM
I agree, I enjoyed watching it also. Having played Vic a year ago it was interesting to see how well the ladies played it compared to how badly I chopped it up! ;)

The one thing I didn't like and have heard before form the commentators (Jane Crafter I think mainly) is how the tournament organizers should have moved a couple of tees forward due to the winds and the length of a couple of holes. The ladies are hitting it long enough these days... surely they don't need to take that step backwards!?

Anyway, just something that stuck with me... all in all it was quite entertaining.

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 01:11 PM
I agree, I enjoyed watching it also. Having played Vic a year ago it was interesting to see how well the ladies played it compared to how badly I chopped it up! ;)

The one thing I didn't like and have heard before form the commentators (Jane Crafter I think mainly) is how the tournament organizers should have moved a couple of tees forward due to the winds and the length of a couple of holes. The ladies are hitting it long enough these days... surely they don't need to take that step backwards!?

Anyway, just something that stuck with me... all in all it was quite entertaining.

Yeah, don't understand that either. They hit the ball as long as I do. Why do they get to play it 350m shorter than me when they also hit straighter, with more spin, have better short games and can putt the dots off it?

wazandnic
17th February 2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah, don't understand that either. They hit the ball as long as I do. Why do they get to play it 350m shorter than me when they also hit straighter, with more spin, have better short games and can putt the dots off it?

Exactly

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 01:37 PM
Exactly

I think it did the course a massive disservice too.

The par 3's at Vic are sensational and so intimidating with 4 and 5 iron in hand. The worst the ladies had was a 7-iron from 145, and wedges at 115.

wazandnic
17th February 2014, 02:03 PM
Ha thanks for confirming that... as i was watching I was thinking to myself that I thought the par 3's played longer than that!

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 02:41 PM
Ha thanks for confirming that... as i was watching I was thinking to myself that I thought the par 3's played longer than that!

7 and 16 are 165 and 180 from memory. Much different characters than what the ladies faced at 145m.

Lagerlover
17th February 2014, 03:01 PM
I think it did the course a massive disservice too.

The par 3's at Vic are sensational and so intimidating with 4 and 5 iron in hand. The worst the ladies had was a 7-iron from 145, and wedges at 115.

Chauvinist! metres or yards?

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 03:06 PM
Chauvinist! metres or yards?

Am so. :mrgreen:

Probably was bloody yards too!

jimandr
17th February 2014, 03:16 PM
I partly agree but mainly disagree regarding the length of the course for the women. I was happy with the length of the 3's. At least they had a chance to hold the green in Sunday's firm conditions. I recall a previous women's open in Melbourne where they had to land the ball 30m short on one of the 3's to keep it on the green. I don't want to watch golf where players are struggling to make pars all day. I can watch myself do that.

I don't know what the normal length of the 5's is, but they were too short.

Apart from that, I enjoyed the golf and the test the course provided when it firmed up. You got to see how difficult it could be when they left the ball in the wrong spot, and even if they were on the wrong side of the fairway. As a comparison, look at the golf from South Africa last night. Riviera wasn't too bad, but the SA golf was dull.

Anyway, back to the topic. Karrie still has a great swing, and she is still is a very good player. I noticed that she was using a conventional grip when putting, too. She used to be cross-handed.

pt73
17th February 2014, 04:46 PM
On that subject I played with a guy who's on the board of a club that's held a major aussie tournament and one thing he didn't like was that they were forced by the tournament organizers to set the course up much easier (move tees forward, easier pin locations) so the scores were good. He complained as he thought that did the course a disservice and was told that TV audiences didn't want to see pros making lots of bogies, end of story.

Anyway, congrats to Karrie she's true legend of the game.

TR66
17th February 2014, 09:02 PM
Yep well done Cash & Karrie, just awesome.
Dissapoint for Mingee but she had her chance.

PeteyD
17th February 2014, 09:05 PM
Got to live a girl called minge ee

markTHEblake
17th February 2014, 09:22 PM
If we mark an incorrect score in a sunday club match why can't that be corrected too.. Either way i just think its a bit harsh ..
What you are describing there is in effect a rule change that would enable us to cheat our arses off on the scorecard, and if caught we can just say 'oops, sorry' and fix it with no consequences. The rule and the penalty seems right to me, the player is responsible for submitting a correct score. There is really no other way we can have it.

.If they make a mistake could cost the tournament and $100,000s in prize money.. Its not like they couldn't have a scorer with each group..They have someone carrying a pole withe players names and their score so let them keep the numbers.
Yep we already have this system in golf, its called the "Marker" he can be another player, or a pole carrier, or a pole smoker or an off his face greenkeepers assistant.

Could imagine the uproar if adam scott signed (http://stat.dealtime.com/DealFrame/DealFrame.cmp?bm=2&BEFID=96424&acode=23&code=23&aon=&crawler_id=50027&dealId=RffZiehebcc8abPOliIIUA%3D%3D&searchID=&url=http%3A%2F%2Frakutenmarketplace.rdr.channelint elligence.com%2Fgo.asp%3FfVhzOC8fBggESSNgWVJaQRFuE nppYBkFAwYOZ2ITUV8PE2pDdXFmGgVMAEsjOhsXG0kOcVxIVkc oIiFCXx5CWTQnGwYFXUIxSWwgNktTRVxNcTMcE1QSRTdbfnVmF QsBF0MKACNeAwdVLhoXfgFxAnYfdEdHQnEgDggeB0QwCiArPgJ CQl9ScDMLAgZeUj1QNzB*XltXXlI7f1kbXl5AK1hRTFAiaT1MR llfVj4*Qg4KAFU7VjBpIE5dQlVaPiALTllDEG0SLiUgWVdCQh9 tZF5SWUMRaAYKV1AuKHVeQFNTWjs3UgACGn5vF3R3ZRQEABZVL zwMDA8WHGJcLy0wRltUHwk%3D%26nAID%3D13736960&DealName=Adam%20Scott%20signed%206x5%20Augusta%20N ational%20Masters%20Scorecard%20%282013%20Masters% 20Champion%29-%20PSA%20Hologram&MerchantID=9021&HasLink=yes&category=0&AR=-1&NG=1&GR=1&ND=1&PN=1&RR=-1&ST=&MN=msnFeed&FPT=SDCF&NDS=1&NMS=1&NDP=1&MRS=&PD=0&brnId=2455&lnkId=8070676&Issdt=140216050820&IsFtr=0&IsSmart=0&dlprc=89.0&SKU=261120069-34736880) for an incorrect card on sunday at the masters last year..ANYWAY...Just my opinion as usual so no biting my head off.
Its already happened, ask Robert di Vicenzo who missed out on a playoff for the Masters, by signing an incorrect card.. His response "what a stupid I am"
there was no uproar.

mrbluu
17th February 2014, 10:25 PM
What you are describing there is in effect a rule change that would enable us to cheat our arses off on the scorecard, and if caught we can just say 'oops, sorry' and fix it with no consequences. The rule and the penalty seems right to me, the player is responsible for submitting a correct score. There is really no other way we can have it.

Yep we already have this system in golf, its called the "Marker" he can be another player, or a pole carrier, or a pole smoker or an off his face greenkeepers assistant.

Its already happened, ask Robert di Vicenzo who missed out on a playoff for the Masters, by signing an incorrect card.. His response "what a stupid I am"
there was no uproar.

Piss off MTB, I'm agreeing with a lot of your posts today, one of us is not himself today ;).... I think I need to lie down.

matty
18th February 2014, 06:14 AM
Doesn't really bother me either way but not sure why there has to be different rules.. If we mark an incorrect score in a sunday club match why can't that be corrected too.. Either way i just think its a bit harsh ..Its just a scorecard, its not the declaration of independence.. If we make a mistake so what ..If they make a mistake could cost the tournament and $100,000s in prize money.. Its not like they couldn't have a scorer with each group..They have someone carrying a pole withe players names and their score so let them keep the numbers... Could imagine the uproar if adam scott signed for an incorrect card on sunday at the masters last year..ANYWAY...Just my opinion as usual so no biting my head off.

Having the players be responsible for their own cards is the only way it will work. Where do you draw the line between apparent honest mistakes and proving the possibility that certain players, ie Tigger, trying it on. Leaving the scoring to someone else opens up another Pandora's box.

BronsonMarc
18th February 2014, 01:02 PM
Really happy for Karrie to win Sunday. Bring on 13th Beach this weekend....

Coldtopper
18th February 2014, 03:05 PM
Has the sour puss ever smiled since Toddy was looking after her desires? Great player yeah yeah but get some pride in your appearance and smile to the world and we will smile back! AMen

LeftyHoges
18th February 2014, 03:06 PM
Has the sour puss ever smiled since Toddy was looking after her desires? Great player yeah yeah but get some pride in your appearance and smile to the world and we will smile back! AWOMen

FTFY.

Captain Nemo
24th March 2014, 09:35 AM
On top, but for how long...
Maybe Karrie can show Adam how its done.....:roll:

rough_rider
24th March 2014, 09:44 AM
2 shot lead in the clubhouse, but Ko has 7 holes to play, i think Ko will take this..

Tank33
24th March 2014, 10:32 AM
Karrie might be able to hang on to win another just like the Aus open.

Captain Nemo
24th March 2014, 10:48 AM
Still hanging in there!

rough_rider
24th March 2014, 10:50 AM
5 people on 18, think ko can bag one more birdie for a playoff?

3oneday
24th March 2014, 10:52 AM
Jessica Korda had an 8 today on a par 4, she'd be kicking herself.

Captain Nemo
24th March 2014, 10:53 AM
Id like to be kicking her.....;)

rough_rider
24th March 2014, 10:55 AM
you misspelled licking......

rough_rider
24th March 2014, 10:57 AM
Webb wins, Ko barely misses a play off birdie putt. good end.

3oneday
24th March 2014, 10:59 AM
Webb DQ'd again? shame.

Captain Nemo
24th March 2014, 11:02 AM
Well there ya go, she knows how to win old Karrie!

Hux
24th March 2014, 11:27 AM
Webb DQ'd again? shame.

What??? Dq why?

BUSHY
24th March 2014, 12:51 PM
http://golfdigest.stats.com/golf/recap.asp?lg=LPGA&g=20140426&ref=hea&tm=&src=

Captain Nemo
24th March 2014, 12:56 PM
She gets it done....

sms316
24th March 2014, 01:10 PM
She gets it done.... She certainly does it for me.

Captain Nemo
24th March 2014, 01:11 PM
Me too, god bless our True #1

oldracer
24th March 2014, 02:18 PM
She certainly does it for me.????? She's a carpenter isn't she?

3Puttpete
24th March 2014, 02:20 PM
She gave $50k away too. Must have too much money

sms316
24th March 2014, 03:01 PM
????? She's a carpenter isn't she? That makes it even better.

TheNuclearOne
24th March 2014, 03:01 PM
2 shot lead in the clubhouse, but Ko has 7 holes to play, i think Ko will take this..

Nice work, see you during The Masters in a fortnight.

Coldtopper
24th March 2014, 04:23 PM
Id like to be kicking her.....;) maybe a spanking !

Coldtopper
24th March 2014, 04:27 PM
????? She's a carpenter isn't she? carpenter funny !! gave away the real deal for laminate when it got its first taste and never returned to her caddy Toddy! HAnded over over a hundred and has been playing slots ever since!

Shane788
24th March 2014, 05:10 PM
What channel was this on?

Captain Nemo
24th March 2014, 05:29 PM
Fox Sports...

oldracer
24th March 2014, 05:41 PM
carpenter funny !! gave away the real deal for laminate when it got its first taste and never returned to her caddy Toddy! HAnded over over a hundred and has been playing slots ever since!maybe that's why she doesn't smile Mitch

TR66
24th March 2014, 11:26 PM
An absolute champ, you guys can flame her you want. But credit is where credit is due.
Cash and Karrie you beauty. Just an awesome result.

Coldtopper
25th March 2014, 06:35 AM
An absolute champ, you guys can flame her you want. But credit is where credit is due.
Cash and Karrie you beauty. Just an awesome result. She maybe a champ and cant knock that. Lets face it golf as a rule for the cleaners is very unattractive. Unless you are into that sort of thing personally tennis is good for them!

oldracer
25th March 2014, 09:19 AM
She maybe a champ and cant knock that. Lets face it golf as a rule for the cleaners is very unattractive. Unless you are into that sort of thing personally tennis is good for them! carpenters, cleaners, jack of all trades :shock:

Captain Nemo
4th April 2014, 08:20 AM
One for SMS....;)

Ned
10th July 2015, 05:39 AM
Only first round but currently co-leading 2015 Ladies US Open.

Blackhelmo
10th July 2015, 02:48 PM
She is gonna win, just putting it out there.

oldracer
10th July 2015, 05:51 PM
Reckon the pic was taken before she started wearing those hard yakka shorts

Coldtopper
11th July 2015, 07:38 AM
She is now a 40 yo, under size 12 dres size so a question to ask is would or wouldn't you ? Hypothetical of course....

oldracer
11th July 2015, 11:02 AM
She is now a 40 yo, under size 12 dres size so a question to ask is would or wouldn't you ? Hypothetical of course....not sure you could CT, she strictly batting for the other side isn't she??, even so.....nup

Hatchman
11th July 2015, 11:03 AM
She is now a 40 yo, under size 12 dres size so a question to ask is would or wouldn't you ? Hypothetical of course....

Pass

Blackhelmo
11th July 2015, 04:55 PM
What is wrong with you guys?????

backintheswing
11th July 2015, 05:04 PM
She was ok when she was 16, playing junior events in NQ. I am not saying anymore.

Shane788
11th July 2015, 06:41 PM
Haha, I thought her husband (or ex?) was her caddy?

Shane788
11th July 2015, 06:42 PM
She was ok when she was 16, playing junior events in NQ. I am not saying anymore.

Pics?

3oneday
11th July 2015, 06:44 PM
Why not, I love Serena too ;)

backintheswing
11th July 2015, 07:02 PM
Todd Haller was the boyfriend/caddy. Todd's uncle Kelvin was the coach.

Kelvin and his brother Wayne were ok amateurs from Ayr back in the day.

mrbluu
11th July 2015, 07:02 PM
Why not, I love Serena too ;)
But u hate Jetspeeds[emoji12]

Coldtopper
11th July 2015, 07:20 PM
She was ok when she was 16, playing junior events in NQ. I am not saying anymore. game changer !

Ferrins
12th July 2015, 05:28 AM
A chick in a pair of mumble pants leading and Greg Norman on the mike.😳

petethepilot
12th July 2015, 07:59 AM
game changer !
I got to play with her to in NQ...except she was 12!

Captain Nemo
12th July 2015, 08:08 AM
I got to play with her to in NQ...except she was 12! Absolutely no comment on that quote!:)