PDA

View Full Version : US President

chappy1970
5th November 2008, 03:20 PM
Well it looks like Obama is the new pres.

Now for the unfortunate part, how long will he last when the crazy yanks set their sites on him (literally)

henno
5th November 2008, 03:23 PM
He has it in the bag.

And it's not the crazy rednecks I'd be worried about, it'd be the rich white dudes that orchestrate an assassination under the guise that it was a crazy redneck.

Craig_Syd
5th November 2008, 03:23 PM
To be honest I am happy with it... Imagine if McCain got in and something happened to him.. That nut case Palin would have been running the world!

BrisVegas
5th November 2008, 03:26 PM
Yay. I was baracking for him too.

chappy1970
5th November 2008, 03:32 PM
I'm in complete agreement with everyone, why would anyone want the most powerful nation in the world run by a war Veteran and a gun toten looney.

I've actually been paying reasonably close attention to this election and my observations have come to the conclusion that Sarah Palin is a FRUITCAKE. Obama seems to project a good guy image, but IMHO all politicians are the same and there is no doubt he will make stupid decisions too.

PeteyD
5th November 2008, 03:35 PM
Interesting comments from all. I don't think the republicans thought they had a chance hence who was chosen.

Fishman Dan
5th November 2008, 03:46 PM
Will it change anything?

PeteyD
5th November 2008, 03:58 PM
Not likely. The president does not have total power like in banana republics.

dc68
5th November 2008, 08:34 PM
I don't think he'll last a year y'all.

Moe Norman
5th November 2008, 10:23 PM
he'll be lucky to get sworn in, some redneck will shoot him.

I like him, but a McCain victory would have been better for the Australian economy

virge666
5th November 2008, 10:39 PM
I like him, but a McCain victory would have been better for the Australian economy

I hear this a lot . . . why is that ? I have always found a democrat in the house is better than Rep for the ASX.

The last one didn;t help much !

markTHEblake
5th November 2008, 10:43 PM
I am thinking along the lines that it didnt matter who won. George will have finished transferring 'power' over to the bankers by the time his gig is up.

poidda
5th November 2008, 10:47 PM
I thought labour had ****ed our economy no matter what?!?!

Moe Norman
5th November 2008, 11:26 PM
I hear this a lot . . . why is that ? I have always found a democrat in the house is better than Rep for the ASX.

The last one didn;t help much !
nevermind the ASX, I'm talking generic economic factors.

McCain believes in free trade, which is good for us.

Obama is a protectionist, which is bad for us.

Obama is better in many other ways though, so its not particularly important with Kevin07 Recession08 in the chair ;)

macjackass
6th November 2008, 01:51 AM
Great year politically. First, we got rid of the lying rodent. Now the yanks have punted the republicans.

As others have mentioned, how could they have put a up candidate with one foot in the grave and a clueless, gun-toting soccer mum as the second in charge!!

As for all politicians being the same - Obama is the anti-Bush. The good news is there is no way known he could be as bad as the moron he is replacing.

PeteyD
6th November 2008, 06:39 AM
Yea of little faith. He could be worse than Jimmy Carter.

3oneday
6th November 2008, 06:46 AM
Will it change anything?

I think it will actually, but I guess time will tell.

Someone set this for rebirth in 12 months time :)

dc68
6th November 2008, 09:02 AM
I think it will actually, but I guess time will tell.

Someone set this for rebirth when Obama gets knocked off.

Rightio.

poidda
6th November 2008, 09:25 AM
Is this over yet? FFS, since when were we mini America and gave a Shyte about their popularity contest.

BrisVegas
6th November 2008, 09:28 AM
was interested to hear the commentators coming out and bagging GW last night. I guess now that his era is over, people are actually realising the extent of his legacy.

chappy1970
6th November 2008, 10:25 AM
I think that I saw a statistic that 79% of Americans think that GWB has done a $h!t job

3oneday
6th November 2008, 10:25 AM
So they have an 8 year term ?

PeteyD
6th November 2008, 10:35 AM
He was also the most popular president at one stage. Been a strange presidency.

chappy1970
6th November 2008, 10:39 AM
Considering the fact that he is perhaps the biggest halfwit to ever hold a position of such power, the imbeciles that feed him information and in affect actually run the country must really be held to account

BrisVegas
6th November 2008, 10:41 AM
Not sure if this is correct but I'd heard that GW Bush had a very high IQ. What was his education/career before he entered politics?

PeteyD
6th November 2008, 10:46 AM
I have no idea where this halfwit stuff come from. He is not a great orator, and I guess that doesn't help, but sure gives us some great quotes to laugh at.

A lot of people have harshly judge his reaction to 9/11. If nothing was done what would they be saying?

Getting rid of Saddam Hussein is not necessarily a bad thing, but the ongoing mess sure is.

I have no idea what other policies he implemented, other than the recent bailouts to try and stave off a total collapse.

It will be interesting to see how history judges the presidency. The times called for a leader to make tough decisions, and not necessarily popular ones.

markTHEblake
6th November 2008, 10:54 AM
I think that I saw a statistic that 79% of Americans think that GWB has done a $h!t job

I also saw a statistic that 79% of any country has thought that their leader did a crap job. Heck I even remember that some people even complained about King Joh - sacrilege :shock:

In comparison, Ronnie Reagan came off looking like a complete goose, but they all say that his regime was a success.

GWB had to lead his country through some of the biggest international crisisis crisses crisissess shitfights of our lifetimes. Who is to say that Bob Dole would have done anything different :-)

The one thing that surprised me about GWB and JH when they both started, I didn't think that either of them would stand up for much, but they both showed that they were quite determined through to the end, and refused to back down no matter what.

dc68
6th November 2008, 12:08 PM
So they have an 8 year term ?

4yrs they reelected GW after his first go.

PeteyD
6th November 2008, 12:29 PM
Not sure if this is correct but I'd heard that GW Bush had a very high IQ. What was his education/career before he entered politics?

Yale graduate. Family Oil business and sports teams etc.

Moe Norman
6th November 2008, 10:57 PM
he had a very distinguished academic career including an MBA from Yale. Doesn' matter who Daddy is, they don't hand those over without significant levels of intelligence

damoocow
6th November 2008, 11:06 PM
he had a very distinguished academic career including an MBA from Yale. Doesn' matter who Daddy is, they don't hand those over without significant levels of intelligence

It has been quite widely documented and substantiated that his place at Yale was 'purchased' as he wasn't able to enter on his own merits - so I guess any academic credit he received would be equally laughable.