PDA

View Full Version : Almost coming to champs, almost retired!

Johnny Canuck
30th October 2008, 10:53 PM
I go in a weekly Oz lotto draw with 3 mates at work. We started it when there was a big jackpot about 8 months ago and just decided to keep putting in the $1.20 per week and never won a single cent.

This week, with $13 million on the line, we hit the first 6 drawn numbers and missed on the 7th. Instead of $3.25 mil each, we get about $872. Very happy with the money, but the throught of golfing 5+ days a week without any other worries for the rest of my life is hard to shake!

Oh well, back to work tomorrow.

adlo
30th October 2008, 11:08 PM
It is sad how little you get for 6 numbers Johnny.

PeteyD
31st October 2008, 06:37 AM
Would have won the old ozlotto! Stupid 7 number draw.

Jarro
31st October 2008, 08:50 AM
You'd get sick of playing golf 5 days a week anyway JC

;)

chappy1970
31st October 2008, 09:06 AM
So close and yet so far JC, my wife picked up $3K in Powerball a couple of years. That's the closest I've come to giving work away. Just not quite enough

Johnny Canuck
31st October 2008, 10:39 AM
Would have won the old ozlotto! Stupid 7 number draw.
I hate the 7 number system myself as it makes the odds so much greater to win the big one.

We only kept going for the fact the it was only $1.20 a week and one guy is very keen and arranges it all.

5 days a week Jarro? I would never get bored of that. Especially since I would have the cash to travel all over the world to play. Even locally, I could get me 6 or 7 memberships just to keep things interesting.