PDA

View Full Version : Righto Guys - Best Rescue club you have used is ....

3oneday
27th November 2004, 07:41 PM
OK, just put the 14* Heavenwood Rescue from Callaway into play, spec'd with a strong RCH 75 gram shaft. Used it today for the first time, each time I measured the distance at approx 230 metres (including roll :shock: ), better than any 3 wood I have used. What a pure feeling club, I would say after today one of the best I have used. Seemed to perform better on a tee, but bita practice, might live off the deck as well.

There are a few in use in here, what are your thoughts on your rescue club (might even be your 5 wood), fill us in.

Pete

markTHEblake
27th November 2004, 08:02 PM
I just acquired a 14 deg Snake eyes. Love it. Unsliceable and it goes a lot further than any 3 wood i can remember hitting- and an added bonus, it gets off the ground.

The surprising thing is how low it goes. I would have expected to hit high soft shots but in fact its quite the opposite.

McMw
27th November 2004, 08:12 PM
after the honeymoon with the RM....decided to stick with a 5wood...
I just can't use it enuff time (RM) around my club to see the benefit....
and when I do...it's just can't stack up with the 5wood...

perhaps if I got a utility with a 14 or 15 degree loft...maybe...

andylo
27th November 2004, 10:53 PM
Sonartec MD. :D

Even hit a worm bunner it will goes a mile. It promotes a rather low trajectory but yet very easy to hit. Sound off the face is beeeeautiful. The Irod shaft comes with it is very responsive.... too bad the club is not mine :cry:

Jarro
28th November 2004, 05:07 AM
i'm loving my 16* RM at the moment (thanks Pete :wink: )

easy to hit off the deck, out of the rough ... i even hit it out of a bunker the other day (2nd hole at Nudgee) and found the green.

Excellent club :smt023

goughy
28th November 2004, 07:51 AM
g2hl at the mo, and it's a bomb, but not necessarily the most forgiving club around.

Best I've hit is the tm rescue fairway, which is more so a wood than a rescue. But it was sweet.

AndyP
28th November 2004, 10:45 AM
I've got the Maxfli Ezydrive 22°.

Think I am still gettting used to it and have the occasional shocker shot with it. If anything I tend to fly it right on the bad ones.
But overall I am happy with it. :)

McMw
28th November 2004, 01:34 PM
I hear that Lefty is using the heavenwood too...

Courty
28th November 2004, 04:20 PM

Think I am still gettting used to it and have the occasional shocker shot with it. If anything I tend to fly it right on the bad ones.
But overall I am happy with it. :)

I have a 19° version. I absolutely love it. I hit 230m out of the rough the other day. Great off the tee too. And at $85 new, can you do any better than that?

AndyP
28th November 2004, 06:53 PM

I have a 19° version. I absolutely love it. I hit 230m out of the rough the other day. Great off the tee too. And at $85 new, can you do any better than that?
Wow! 70m or so difference between the 19° and 22°. :shock:
:roll: :wink:

Jarro
28th November 2004, 07:33 PM

.. i think a lot of it has to do with the joker hanging off the end of it :roll:

AndyP
28th November 2004, 08:18 PM
.. i think a lot of it has to do with the joker hanging off the end of it :roll:
Oh, that makes sense I suppose.
Thanks for explaining it to me. :roll:

BTW, as moderator, you have to make the call as to when we have used too many rolling eyes emoticons.