PDA

View Full Version : Green maintainence!! Grrrr!!!!

Colin
29th October 2008, 08:55 PM
Went out for a round today, probably be my first and last outing for a little while due to a hectic life right now, so I was really looking forward to it. At the pro shop, the pro tells me that they're coring some greens, but to just play around them and we should be fine.

Long story short, EVERY green had been cored, sanded, fertilised and had the cups removed, so we couldn't have putted even if we were willing to put up with putting through a freshly plowed field that every green resembled. In short, we ended up going from hole to hole, and got sick of it after about an hour and went home. :smt093

My position is this - I'm fine with courses doing maintainence, happy to see it done, as a matter of fact. But no way should they have charged us full price to play on a course that wasn't really a course at all, but a glorified driving range. Half price green fees wouldn't be out of the question, methinks.

Whaddaya reckon?

Col

dc68
29th October 2008, 08:59 PM
Jesus we got a freebie at Kooralbyn for not being told about renos

henno
29th October 2008, 09:02 PM
Hoodwinking the punters does more harm than good. A few hundred bucks gouged from the pockets of unsuspecting players is hardly worth the risk of a ruined reputation.

adlo
29th October 2008, 09:15 PM
There is no way you should pay full green fees. At least 50% off, especially considering you were misled and couldn't even use the greens.

PeteyD
29th October 2008, 09:21 PM
You should of gone straight back in and complained.

sms316
30th October 2008, 08:32 AM
Fill a few of the core holes with round up.

burger
30th October 2008, 09:55 AM
F*#CKEN RUDE! Would have gone back and given pro piece of advice as to where he could stick his 'driving range'! And told him going to let everyone on the internet how f*#ked he was.

What course was this so we can all avoid it in the future!

Craig_Syd
30th October 2008, 12:00 PM
This kind of crap happens far too often!

Colin
30th October 2008, 10:39 PM
F*#CKEN RUDE! Would have gone back and given pro piece of advice as to where he could stick his 'driving range'! And told him going to let everyone on the internet how f*#ked he was.

What course was this so we can all avoid it in the future!

It was the Capricorn Country Club in Rockhampton.

Normally a nice enough place (if overpriced for daily green fees) and probably where I play most often, but I won't be going back for a while. And I'll be asking when I make a booking if they're doing maintainence that day too.

Col

henno
30th October 2008, 10:42 PM
I'll be asking when I make a booking if they're doing maintainence that day too.

Fat lot of good that's going to do considering their current 'interpretation' of a playable course.

AndyP
30th October 2008, 10:46 PM
I'd suggest making a semi-polite email or phone call to them expressing your disappointment and hinting at a loss of future business.

As dc68 said, Kooralbyn Valley cared enough to give us a free round.

razaar
9th November 2008, 04:17 PM
I'd suggest making a semi-polite email or phone call to them expressing your disappointment and hinting at a loss of future business.

As dc68 said, Kooralbyn Valley cared enough to give us a free round.
That is great advice...we received a similar response from Pelican Waters although we didn't bother going back.