PDA

View Full Version : club foursomes

oobsadd2
29th October 2008, 09:06 AM
I am playing in the club foursomes on Sunday. I have mixed feelings, some days are awesome and some are long, tiring and frustrating.
One pairing I was in, we had a deal that we always take our putters to the green. Not assume that the other will hole the "tap in. "
Any pearls of wisdom for me?
Any more tips?

dc68
29th October 2008, 09:36 AM
Never apologise.

I have found if you say sorry to your partner for a less than perfect shot it
will drag both of you down. I have played 4somes with my bro for years now
and have had numerous r/u finishes but this year we finally won the club
title. 4somes is great when you are going well, but as everyone knows very
frustrating when axing it.

oobsadd2
29th October 2008, 09:40 AM
Must be cool playing gruesomes with your brother. Youre right I think, somehow you have to stay positive and upbeat.

virge666
29th October 2008, 09:46 AM
Don't play it - it is a stupid game. You pay full whack to play half a game of golf. You never get in a rhythm and you spend the day apologising or being apologised to. I just don't hate anybody enough to play it with them.

People say "Par" is a stupid event... Foursomes and "Dropout Ambrose" are both just a total waste of time and you shoudl go to the beach instead.

DO NOT Enjoy.

sms316
29th October 2008, 09:48 AM
Foursomes is much more enjoyable when played under matchplay format.

oobsadd2
29th October 2008, 09:49 AM
Only game more frustrating than foursomes, is mixed foursomes :)

3oneday
29th October 2008, 09:58 AM
First person to say sorry shouts ;)

Flowergirl
29th October 2008, 08:32 PM
I love foursomes - and threesomes;)

sms316
30th October 2008, 08:31 AM
I love foursomes - and threesomes;)
=P~

sms316
13th July 2009, 11:34 AM
Don't play with a guy who hits half a dozen shanks (including 4 from the centre of the fairway).

grandmasterb
13th July 2009, 12:39 PM
Don't play it - it is a stupid game. You pay full whack to play half a game of golf. You never get in a rhythm and you spend the day apologising or being apologised to. I just don't hate anybody enough to play it with them.

People say "Par" is a stupid event... Foursomes and "Dropout Ambrose" are both just a total waste of time and you shoudl go to the beach instead.

DO NOT Enjoy.

I dont know i enjoy playing them but not something i would want to do frequently. I play with a mate and we hit the ball roughly the same distances, play similar games and NEVER appologise to each other.

I think its one of those games that you get out what you put in IMO.

Boonie
13th July 2009, 12:47 PM

Exactly.

It's a fun game if you don't have too many expectations and don't take it too seriously. It is also VERY good for your golf game IMO, physically and mentally.

kingslayer33
13th July 2009, 01:46 PM
I dont know i enjoy playing them but not something i would want to do frequently. I play with a mate and we hit the ball roughly the same distances, play similar games and NEVER appologise to each other.

I don't mind them either although it is hard to get a rhythm going. I play with my brother too and we have quite similar games etc. so at least when I put him in the rubbish he knows what it's like in that area as he was probably in the same stuff the week before. ;)

Also I never apologise to him. Bit that's probably got more to do with my nature.

markTHEblake
13th July 2009, 10:45 PM
all games are crap when you are playing crap, but a foursomes championship is one of the best events to win ever - because you are excited and for once someone else actually cares.

I rate it just above winning a Pennant.

senecio
14th July 2009, 06:34 AM
Only played it once, didn't really enjoy it, but wasn't playing very well. I have a story I'll never forget though.

The 2 guys that were playing with us were best of mates and not having a very good day. With 2 holes to play and the round well and truly over by then, one of them hits a wayward drive that ends up under a large shrub. As we approach their ball he turns to his partner and says "have fun getting that one out from under there". To which his partner took out his putter and proceeded to bunt it further under the tree.

He replied with "You put it there, you get the ****er out".

I'll never forget that, absolute crack-up.