PDA

View Full Version : One HD

Courty
28th October 2008, 09:55 PM
Anyone heard about One HD yet? I saw an article on the box this arve about it. It's a new Digital Free-To-Air service from Channel Ten which will be 24 hours of Hi Def sports. It will apparently have AFL, Cricket, American Football, Basketball & 'some of the Majors'.

It starts in April and is meant to be a direct competitor to Pay TV.

I, for one, can't wait. 8)

Edit: Click (http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/business/channel-ten-to-launch-24hour-sports-channel/2008/10/28/1224955982890.html).

Grunt
28th October 2008, 09:57 PM
Announcements due to be made about this next month.

henno
28th October 2008, 10:01 PM
I am confident that Ten will make a complete balls of it yet again (like they do with all sports, perhaps excluding motorsport ala RPM).

They really need to do an old-school channel nine and buy themselves a sporting following.

AndyP
28th October 2008, 10:34 PM
They've already opted to put Robert Walls on the AFL show they are having, so there's balls up number one.

henno
28th October 2008, 10:41 PM
They've already opted ... on the AFL show ... so there's balls up number one.

;)

AndyP
29th October 2008, 07:32 AM
I see what you did there. Very clever!

virge666
29th October 2008, 09:56 AM
All it needs now is Leigh Diffy.

Bruce
29th October 2008, 01:09 PM
I am confident that Ten will make a complete balls of it yet again (like they do with all sports, perhaps excluding motorsport ala RPM).

They really need to do an old-school channel nine and buy themselves a sporting following.

NEIN!!! You are holding up NEIN as the model for sporting broadcast. They hold their viewing audience in complete contempt.

sms316
29th October 2008, 01:11 PM
I wish they would just leave all the sport on Foxtel.

Giving all the sport to HD is fine - as long as everyone has the opportunity to get it, which is currently not the case. Foxtel/Austar is everywhere.

BrisVegas
29th October 2008, 01:16 PM
I wish they would just leave all the sport on Foxtel.

Giving all the sport to HD is fine - as long as everyone has the opportunity to get it, which is currently not the case. Foxtel/Austar is everywhere.

I don't understand your logic? You want everyone to have the opportunity to get the sport, but only if they can afford Foxtel/Austar???? Surely the more free options there are the better for the majority of people....

sms316
29th October 2008, 01:19 PM
Everybody has the opportunity to get Pay TV (and it isn't that expensive anyway). They just need to decide if it is a priority in their life. We can't even get HD in Canberra for Christ sake.

If Southern Cross/Ten would get their act together, I wouldn't care less which channel sport is shown on.

Toolish
29th October 2008, 01:21 PM
I don't understand your logic? You want everyone to have the opportunity to get the sport, but only if they can afford Foxtel/Austar???? Surely the more free options there are the better for the majority of people....

Not everyone has the opportunity to get this sport though....we can't get 10 HD here at all.

I personally can't justify pay TV, but at least it is there as an option in all areas.

That said, best result is HD to be available everywhere and sport to be free to air!

Also, there is no way you can tell me 7 do a better job of sporting telecasts than 10 do...look at the Olympics...and the V8 Supercars...7 sporting coverage is shit.

Iain
29th October 2008, 01:24 PM
It's be great if they got rid of the Aussie idiots talking before and after the ad breaks during the F1. Just left it up to the ITV crew.

Same with the MotoGP...

BrisVegas
29th October 2008, 01:28 PM
Canberra truly is a hole then.

sms316
29th October 2008, 01:32 PM
Canberra truly is a hole then.

It was a hole before this thread started. :roll:

I wrote a letter to the Communication Minister once when 10HD was showing the golf, but it couldn't be seen on standard FTA or Foxtel. All I received was a silly letter talking about the anti-siphoning list, but it didn't even come close to addressing the points I made.

Toolish
29th October 2008, 01:32 PM
It's be great if they got rid of the Aussie idiots talking before and after the ad breaks during the F1. Just left it up to the ITV crew.

Same with the MotoGP...
Hard to argue with that, still better than 7s effort where they go to an ad break under safety car, miss the restart and come back just in time to go back under safety car due to an incident on the restart that you never get to see.