PDA

View Full Version : Addictions

chappy1970
28th October 2008, 03:05 PM
OK, I understand that golf is addictive as most people can attest to here, but the game at least gets you out of the house and into the open air, interacting with real people.

http://www.wowdetox.com/

Unlike these freaks ^.

I know some people who play this and they lead a sad existence. You should read a couple of the posts...the word WEINER comes to mind

AndyP
28th October 2008, 03:22 PM
You know that people on here play it, don't you?

I saw an article yesterday in MX about online gamers lives being just as normal as others.

3oneday
28th October 2008, 03:34 PM
It's almost as sad that there is a website devoted to people who don't play it anymore ?

Scottt
28th October 2008, 03:39 PM
I try not to judge, but some "World of Warcraft" people I know (mostly mates' mates or brothers) are f**king wierdos.

PeteyD
28th October 2008, 03:49 PM
You must fit right in with them then! :D

dc68
28th October 2008, 03:50 PM
I can relate... I used to play a lot of Diablo II LoD.

But never as bad as some of these freaks.

Fishman Dan
28th October 2008, 03:54 PM
The South Park episode about WoW is hilarious.

Eag's
28th October 2008, 04:07 PM

Have to agree with you there Fish, pissed myself :lol:

dc68
28th October 2008, 04:07 PM
True... piss funny.

chappy1970
28th October 2008, 04:18 PM
AP,
I'm sure the members on this forum who play this game a fine well adjusted individuals, but the people that I know who play it, have full rich lives and yet let this game dominate almost every waking moment of their lives

I saw that South Park episode and and it was piss funny

AndyP
28th October 2008, 04:21 PM
Fishy appears to have been stuck on around 70% completion on his game for a while. Maybe even he has a life too?

Fishman Dan
28th October 2008, 04:37 PM
Fishy appears to have been stuck on around 70% completion on his game for a while. Maybe even he has a life too?

Work / Life / GTAIV balance has been impeded.

Courty
28th October 2008, 04:59 PM
There's a guy at my work who brags about how much WoW he plays. :roll:

He doesn't get it when we all tell him to get a life.

Minor_Threat
28th October 2008, 05:30 PM
I play a lot of online games and dont have any issues (I think) however I dont play WoW or any MMORPG type games. Just FPS.

The South Park episode was a classic I have a few mates who are very similar :(

Eag's
28th October 2008, 05:46 PM
One of the clowns I work with says he plays on average 40hrs a week of WOW :shock::shock: funny enough he is overweight and single ;)

adlo
28th October 2008, 09:24 PM
Best Southpark episode ever. WoW addicts are weirdo's for sure. Used to work with a guy who got so addicted it ruined his life. He lost his job, his missus and moved back to Tassie.

AndyP
28th October 2008, 09:31 PM
One of the clowns I work with says he plays on average 40hrs a week of WOW :shock::shock: funny enough he is overweight and single ;)Do you know if he knows how to defeat the demon lord Nazera? Can you ask him for me?

henno
28th October 2008, 09:38 PM
Do you know if he knows how to defeat the demon lord Nazera? Can you ask him for me?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

(for the non-geeks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code))

P.S. WoW blows chunks.

Scottt
28th October 2008, 10:29 PM
You and The Good Lady Henno in the av, mate?

henno
28th October 2008, 10:37 PM
You and The Good Lady Henno in the av, mate?

Sure is.

Scottt
28th October 2008, 11:05 PM
You looking at what it looks like you're looking at, or just a trick of the photograph?

henno
28th October 2008, 11:09 PM
You looking at what it looks like you're looking at, or just a trick of the photograph?

Let's just say it is only alleged that my girl is actually in that photo. I am yet to believe it. All I can see is beer and boobs.

8 years on and I still have a one-track mind.

Bruce
29th October 2008, 01:06 PM
I think it's been nearly a year since I last played Wow - but I'm looking at the expansion.

Played LotRO for a while but didn't even hit the level cap.

I am eying off Warhammer and thinking about picking that up.