PDA

View Full Version : Tour Van - be quick!!

Deano
26th November 2004, 08:25 PM
"Buy it now" - you know you wanna.lol :lol:
Enjoy.
Deano

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36214&item=7116375346&rd=1

markTHEblake
26th November 2004, 10:29 PM
I know the seller - last time i saw him he worked at Nevada Bob and played pennants for Helensvale. But he seems to move around a lot. Seems to be a credible bloke.

Jarro
27th November 2004, 05:25 AM
pass :smt078

gazgolf1
27th November 2004, 06:20 AM
I know the seller - last time i saw him he worked at Nevada Bob and played pennants for Helensvale. But he seems to move around a lot. Seems to be a credible bloke.

I know him too. :roll: nice bloke but still dodgy.

Speirsy11
27th November 2004, 07:36 AM
That is 100% a legit TOUR club. Granted, it's about 6 years old, but it's still a non-retail TOUR only club. That club was on TOUR the same year the Firesole stuff came out retail, and was the spoon that they provided Pro's because a lot of the TOUR guys didn't care for the firesole. I got one playing in a CAnadian Tour event that year.....Unless they released them here and not at home, which I doubt, it's legit and 100% TOUR.....

No if it's good or not is another story altogether......

Speirsy11

gazgolf1
27th November 2004, 08:07 AM
That is 100% a legit TOUR club. Granted, it's about 6 years old, but it's still a non-retail TOUR only club. That club was on TOUR the same year the Firesole stuff came out retail, and was the spoon that they provided Pro's because a lot of the TOUR guys didn't care for the firesole. I got one playing in a CAnadian Tour event that year.....Unless they released them here and not at home, which I doubt, it's legit and 100% TOUR.....

No if it's good or not is another story altogether......

Speirsy11

Adam Smith has a Tour contact so I'm not saying the club is not Tour issued just that the seller is a bit of a worry. :wink:

markTHEblake
27th November 2004, 11:14 AM
Dunno how reputable this makes the seller, but I had a brand new Callaway Hawkeye driver that my Bro-inlaw gave me. He bought it retail in Jakarta. But it was 10 degree and regular, and didnt suit me.

(note, counterfiet/clone market in Indonesia is non-existent. Golf is a game reserved for the ultra-rich and rich people dont want fake stuff)

I visited all the golf shops in golf alley in bundall, to see if i could do a trade, i was happy to offer cash as well, but none were interested without a receipt as there was no guarantee it was legitimate, despite their admission it looked genuine.

2nd last stop was Addam in Nevada Bobs. he refused too, he reckoned it was definitely a fake (although in conversation he kept confusing jakarta with singapore as a conterfeit market), and reckoned that the Blue number on the bottom was wrong, it was meant to be black.

Talked with him for ages about this stuff - appears pretty genuine.

(I later contacted callaway who confirmed that the colour arrangement was regional and i had the right colours for asian retail )

Addam suggested i go across the road, and the guy there swapped it without hesitation. didnt even look at it. ( so then i worry if i ended up with a fake LOL )

Deano
27th November 2004, 01:53 PM
Dodgy or not.....the thing that struck me was
the "buy it now" of 400 :shock:

All this "Tour issue" gear around nowadays,most
hcp players are better off without it imho.

Get yourself properly fitted into a set of clubs by
a real decent clubmaker then spend the rest on lessons :wink:

Deano

McMw
27th November 2004, 02:10 PM

Deano

but that would just be too easy....

Jarro
27th November 2004, 06:41 PM
Dodgy or not.....the thing that struck me was
the "buy it now" of 400 :shock:

Deano

:shock:

dob button dob button :!: :!:

Deano
27th November 2004, 06:56 PM
"dob button dob button"

hahahahaha...don't snitch on me Jarro :oops:

I do own 3 sets of irons....5 drivers(plus a new one
coming monday)....and about 12 putters :oops:

Just no "Tour" gear :lol: